Since latest upgrade on our laptop to the new firefox we are running very slowly compared to the old version which was excellent. We have an Acer TravelMate 4060 running windows XP.

Name:    Martin Pitt
Email:   martinandjulieatyahoodotcodotuk
Product: Firefox

Comments:
See summary

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3
0
Martin

What Firefox Version will run on Windows 98SE? Heard Firefox is wonderful but I have an old machine..
Name: Thomas Engel Email: Thosengelatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: What Firefox Version will run on Windows 98SE? Heard Firefox is wonderful but I have an old machine.. Comments: OK. I have heard that Firefox will block the uploading of FlashPlayer9, which is extremely slow on my obsolete machine; I also doubt Verizon (my DSL internet provider) is blocking viruses, etc. Other graphic display complications and non-blocked pop-ups (or delays from constantly being reminded to upload FlashPlayer9) may be solvable using Firefox. I inherited some sort of IBM...

Running Running Running
Name: John Harris Email: jkharrisatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Running Running Running Comments: Why, does Firefox, even when mimimized, still takes up to 20, 30, 40% (or more) of my CPU on my Windows XP Pro computer. It seems to just happily chew up cycles. How do I get it to do nothing while minimized. Especially a problem with virtual machines. Thanks, John Harris Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers...

Can an old version of PB be run on Windows XP Pro?
The application is in PowerBuilder 5.0.4 - sorry, I don't know the build number. ( I know 5.0.4 is old and not supported anymore; I'm hoping to get a go-ahead to upgrade.) Now the OS is to be upgraded to WIndows XP Pro, and the client is concerned that the PB application might not operate correctly. From my research, it appears that some problems with PB and XP Pro occurred with PB 7 and PB 8, and not so much with PB 9. Can PB 5.0.4 be used on XP until the application can be upgraded? Should the client upgrade to 9 before the XP upgrade? After? Should they upgrade...

Upgraded to latest version and now can't run Firefox
Name: B Arnold Email: comicpaperatnetmediadotnetdotil Product: Firefox Summary: Upgraded to latest version and now can't run Firefox Comments: After upgrading to the latest version of Firefox, and I can no longer run the program. When I try to, I get this error message: firefox.exe - Aplication Error The instruction at "0x010e75c0" reference memory at "0x010e75c0". The memory could not be "written". I don't know how to fix this, and I won't have Firefox until I do. Now I really wish I hadn't "upgraded." Browser...

App built with XE4 on Windows 7
Hi, I copied my app to a PC running on Windows XP and launched it. Seems to work. When copying it to a W2000-PC I get the following message when trying to run it: +The procedure entry point GetSystemTimes could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll+ Does anyone know a work around for this problem? Would be great. Thanks and regards, Bob Am 19.02.2014 16:59, schrieb Robert Brusa: > I copied my app to a PC running on Windows XP and launched it. Seems to work. When copying it to a W2000-PC I get the following message when trying to run it: > > +The procedure...

running old version of firefox
Name: kaidun Email: dreamersgateatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: running old version of firefox Comments: i decided to upgrade to firefox 3.0, but some of my add ons did not work with it so i wanted to go back to the older but my install file would not install(just an error and it stopped working) even when i tried after i did a complete wipe of system. i was wondering if there was a way to get a working install for the older firefox(for when i need an older add on), but also keep the new version of firefox for regular use? like a firefox and a firefoxretro could y...

New version running very slowly.
Name: Mada Romero Email: mromero66athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: New version running very slowly. Comments: I installed the newest version of Firefox yesterday, and it has been running slowly ever since. I'm using a 2-month old computer, so I'm fairly certain it's not a hardware issue; furthermore, these problems didn't start until after I installed the update. It's very frustrating. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to reader...

SR6 is running, and running, and running...
I started it last night at about 1130pm, now its 905 am. It seems to be stuck at 95% on the first partition, with 12 minutes left, and 4 hours 21 minutes elapsed, which I know is bologna. The SMART information has all dissapeared, except for the EEC stuff. Dynastat is not running, but it shows data moving across at a normal speed. I'm not totally sure it's hung up, but it may be taking it's time because it won't move the files in the current area, due to them all being marked as system/hidden. I hope it moves on. Torrance "Torrance Bell" <st...

new version is constantly freezing and runs very slow on mac i want my old version back please
Name: James Dobbs Email: jamesrbobdobbsatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: new version is constantly freezing and runs very slow on mac i want my old version back please Comments: summary just about sums it up Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

New Upgraded Firefox Runs Pooly.
Name: David Fine Email: finedmatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: New Upgraded Firefox Runs Pooly. Comments: Dear Sir or Madame: I just upgraded to your latest Firefox and am having all sorts of problems. I'm getting kicked off the web very frequently and the system has slowed down to a snails crawl. My initial Firefox ran very fast and worked very well. How do I get an old copy of Firefox to reload to my computer? I've tried to deleat the upgraded version and reload but all my reloaded versions run just as slow as the upgraded version. Please help. B...

Problem running old version of Firefox
I'm trying to run Firefox 1.6a1 (for comparison with a modified version of the same), but I'm running into a problem. The build seems to complete fine, but when I run dist/bin/firefox it fails with the message /usr/local/libexec/firefox-bin: No such file or directory. I don't know why it would be looking there for firefox-bin. I tried running firefox with gdb and got the output listed below. I know that this is a very old version of Firefox, but I'm thinking (hoping?) the problem is not related to the particular details of this version, and I'd be grate...

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system
Name: alex d Email: titer_23athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system Comments: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system........ I got rid of firefox more than a yeart ago because of this problem on another computer, now i try it again and still have this problem, firefox is getting worse , and IE is getting better.......

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your system.
I get this message when I try to run Firefox. "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your system." I have tried to uninstall and re-install. Things are still the same. Anyone have any ideas? On 18.06.2006 08:25, Joseph Nicastro wrote: --- Original Message --- > I get this message when I try to run Firefox. > > "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you > must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your ...

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.
Name: Beli Cvet Email: belicvetathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. Comments: Quality control has slipped. Many people cannot run the browser at all because they haven't been able to solve the issue with Firefox becoming locked in the last several versions. BUT THEY HAVE ADDRESSED THE ISSUE in 2.0!!! How? Why they have updated the stupid error message! It used to say: "Firefox is already running, but is not re...

Web resources about - Since latest upgrade on our laptop to the new firefox we are running very slowly compared to the old version which was excellent. We have an Acer TravelMate 4060 running windows XP. - mozilla.feedback

TravelMate Accommodation Search - Find Hotels, Motels And Apartments Within Australia. Australia Accommodation ...
Travelmate - Australia travel guide to accommodation, places to go, attractions, sightseeing, tours, getaway hotel specials, maps, car hire, ...

Acer announces TravelMate B115 laptop affordable and portable
... low-cost machines over the years, and Acer has yet to disappoint. Today, the company delivers value once again, as it announces the Acer TravelMate ...

CNET First Take: Acer TravelMate 100 - CNET reviews
... of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and a slew of new hardware. We recently got our hands on one of the first new tablet prototypes, the Acer TravelMate ...

Acer adds student-aimed B113 notebook to TravelMate line
Acer has released the latest addition to its TravelMate line of notebooks. The TravelMate B113 is aimed at students and institutional customers, ...

Acer outs Ivy Bridge-packing TravelMate P243 notebook series in the UK
... road. That being said, Acer just announced a business-oriented machine of its own with Intel's latest chips onboard. Part of the outfit's TravelMate ...

Acer's TravelMate P645-S Enterprise Ultrabooks Get Performance Boost
The machines are updated and offered with fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 Broadwell processors for increased performance for enterprise ...

Distie Deals of the Week: TravelMate, network cards and more - The latest news from the Computer and ...
... and Exertis This week's top ditributor deals comes from the likes of Northamber and Exertis. Northamber Contact: 020 8296 7000 Acer TravelMate ...

Acer America Expands Business PC Lineup With Slim and Stylish TravelMate Timeline Notebook
... seeking a combination of style, mobility and professional-grade security and manageability, Acer America today debuts the new TravelMate Timeline ...

Acer Announces TravelMate P645 Ultrabook for $949
Just in time for the holiday shopping season, Acer is rolling out its latest Ultrabook, the TravelMate P645. This 14-inch notebook, which goes ...

Acer Intros New TravelMate Ultrabooks
Acer's new TravelMate ultrabooks include a workhorse laptop and a convertible tablet that weighs under two pounds.