Problem opening embedded pdf files

Name:    Dr. J.H. McCaughey
Email:   mccaughe_at_post.queensu.ca
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Are you aware that the program will not open embedded pdf files cleanly.
Rather, when opening a pdf, the browser will hang and will eventually
have to be closed and restated. Because I have occasion to open such
files on a regular basis, the use of Firefox is becoming  a hindrance.
Is there a setting that I have missed or is this an error in your browser?

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4
0
Dr

Problem in open PDF file and extract PDF
 Hi,My problem is I need to open a PDF file (10 Pages) in new window when the user clicks a button from the parent form. User can enter no of pages to extract from PDF (For Example 1-4). then I have to extract 1st 4 pages from that PDF and the PDF window should show only 6 pages because we have extracted 1st 4 pages. I mean we have to refresh the PDF window.Is there any way to do that in ASP.net? If I am not clear about this issue please let me know that. Thanks in advance. to view the pdf file in another page :   Response.ClearContent() ...

problems opening pdf files
Name: J. Newlin Williams Email: newlinwillatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problems opening pdf files Comments: There seems to be a problem when trying to open pdf files, at least on the pa department of revenue and the irs web sites...i keep selection the forms/pubs i need and just get another (blank) mozilla window. When i try to open these files in Microsoft windows exploder, there is no problem. This is a problem as i use the internet extensively for business. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1...

problem in opening pdf file
Name: swanand Product: Firefox Summary: problem in opening pdf file Comments: on opening a .pdf file it shows "not responding" or some times it writes on statusbar "stopped". Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

problem opening pdf files
Name: bhagirath markand Email: bhagirath_markandathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problem opening pdf files Comments: to whom it may concer, every time i try to open a link to pdf file , firefox crashes, then a crash reporting window appears, demanding detail of crash every time i write the problem there including my email. but i had't recieved any kind of usefull information which could prevent this crashing of firefox and loss of data. sir i request you to please do something in this regard. i don't know should i call it bug or anything else. i had al the ...

problems opening pdf-files
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: problems opening pdf-files Comments: Since updating to 3.5.4 repeatetly problems opening PDF-files (like tickets). No change after updating from Reader 9.0 to 9.2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net
In My file Upload page, I am using <input type=file> tag to browse a file from client machine.The Browse button by default is showing all files *.* in the file dialogue boxI have a requirement like the file dialogue should by default show just PDFs *.pdf, and have an option to show all files *.* as shown below:Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)All Files (*.*)Is there a way to handle this using any web controls, or technique using ASP.net or HTML?Thanks in advanceAnsar I need answer to this one, too. As far as I know, there is no way to do this....

Problem opening files "too many files open"
I have a Netware 6.0 SP4 server with about 20 Windows XP clients. I am connecting to the server using CIFS. I get an error message about "too many files open" when trying to access files. can anyone tell me how to fix this. Could the following apply to your problem? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10093040.htm -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.17.5.9) thanks for the info. it seems that my conditon has something in common with the technote. I am trying to sign into the server on all 22 machines with the same NFAP user id. i didn;t f...

Problem opening links to pdf files
Name: David Keen Email: daviddotkeen1attalktalkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Problem opening links to pdf files Comments: When I click on a link that is to a pdf document quite often there is a long delay, and then a message box appears saying there is a problem, with 3 buttons. The one marked "Switch to" does the trick, and the document opens, but is this normal? It is certainly a nuisance, as often the message box does not appear for a considerable time, and often it does not appear on top of other windows, so I have to go searching for it with Alt-Tab to u...

Problem with opening PDF files in Firefox
Name: Robert Lewis Email: drbob1137atearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with opening PDF files in Firefox Comments: I am using Acrobat Professional 2002 and ver. 16 of Firefox. PDF files will not open in Firefox unless I either open Acrobat first or access the Web site with Internet Explorer first. Can you suggest a fix? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

problem with firefox opening pdf file
hi i am tring to open a pdf file in a frame well it is wrokign fine in IE but when i try to open it in firefox i give me error i think back sllash and front slash prob but i don't know hoe to resovle it   thankx anwar khan anwar_khan: hi i am tring to open a pdf file in a frame well it is wrokign fine in IE but when i try to open it in firefox i give me error i think back sllash and front slash prob but i don't know hoe to resovle it Hi anwar khan, Sorry that I am not familiar with this problem. But after search and search, I think this problem most cause of Fir...

fails opening a PDF file problem
Name: Tom Martineau Email: tomdotmartineauattelusdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: fails opening a PDF file problem Comments: this new version (3.0.1) of FF fails in the download of a PDF file where IE passed. The download progress icon stops at less than half way on repeated attempts. http://books.jvcservice.com/Download/98451797/20885IEN.pdf Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Problem with PDF file opened from Portal in IE
I have a perplexing PDF problem and hope someone else has solved it previously. I have a document module where I have uploaded a PDF file. I have a user who opens the file from the portal. It displays correctly. When the user closes the PDF it errors with this error: Instructions at "0x03dfa148" referenced memory at "0x00000034". The memory could not be read. Now for the perplexity. This user saved this file to his work station and opened it in Adobe Reader and when he closes it there it works fine. He also opened the file from IE directly using File Open...

Problem in opening .PDF file in Pop-up Window
Problem in opening .PDF file in Pop-up Window. My asp.net application is using Frames. Left Frame : Consist of Link Right Frame : consist of Content. Now, In my Right Frame (content frame), I have button, on clicking button i want to open, a .PDF file which lies in my application's Document folder.  The Problem is i can able to open the .PDF file in Content Frame, but i can't able to open it in Pop-Up window. Thanks Dear,in order to open a file in the newly opened window, you have to go to the page_load event for that window and write the below codestr...

problems with embedded Acrobat Reader, impossible to save a pdf file
Name: Andras Product: Firefox Summary: problems with embedded Acrobat Reader, impossible to save a pdf file Comments: Dear Mozilla team, The problem: I cannot find any way of saving a pdf file, and the embedded Acrobat Reader is slow, especiall with finding specific words in the text. Mozilla allows me to open the file only with its embedded Acrobat Reader, which freezes when I press Save a copy. When I right-click on the link to the file from google, even the Save link as... function doesn't work, it wants to save as url, cannot save it as a valid pdf. Here the link:...

Web resources about - Problem opening embedded pdf files - mozilla.feedback

Embedded system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Picture of the internals of an ADSL modem / router . A modern example of an embedded system. Labelled parts include a microprocessor (4), RAM ...

Embedded Instagram Photos on the Web Are Now Bigger, Cleaner
Is bigger better? In the case of embedded photos , Instagram believes the answer to be yes, as Mashable reported that the Facebook-owned photo- ...

Embedded Video Player
Embed Videos from Facebook on your blog or website.

Facebook rolls out embedded posts to everyone
Post by Mumford and Sons . Last month, Facebook ran a test of embedded posts with CNN , Huffington Post , Bleacher Report , PEOPLE and Mashable ...

Embedded-Clovis (@ClovisDuino) on Twitter

Rich photo experience now in embedded Tweets - Twitter Blogs
Every day, publishers and journalists all over the world share the best of Twitter with their readers by embedding Tweets in their articles. ...

Embedded Timelines - Twitter Developers
Overview Embeddable timelines make it easy to syndicate any public Twitter timeline to your website with one line of code. Just like timelines ...

Embedded Systems Conference (ESC)
ESC events provide an educational experience for embedded systems designers and technical professionals involved in designing electronics products ...

App Store - Embedded Computing Design
Get Embedded Computing Design on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

VIA Embedded booth digital home - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Stylish, discreet digital home automation, security and entertainment solutions on show at the VIA Embedded booth at Computex 2009