Options for resuming the downloads from where it stops when breaks up in downloading.

Name:    Xavier Raj
Email:   axavierrajatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Dear Webmaster/ R&D Team / Team,

I am Xavier Raj Writing from Chennai, INDIA.

I am one of the most frequent users of the FireFox web browsers and i
thank you for giving us this wonderful product to this world.

I have a suggestion to improve the ability of Mozilla Firefox web
browser that,

If anybody downloading any documents of any thing from the web and if it
breaks down due to any power fails or by mistakenly the users closed or
like these things, then the next time starting the browser it should
have the ability to resume the downloads from where it breaks. so that
the time can be reduced and it seems to be more efficient.

For example when using the Getright download manager , there it having
an option if we close the large download to resume tommorrow due to work
time closing or any such thing.
The next time we can start download from where we stopped the download.

But one point i am not asking to include the feature of accelerated
download, but i am asking only the continuty of the download.

I will appreciate more if this feature is added in the future versions
of the mozilla FireFox web browsers.

I thank you once again and look forward to hear from.

With best regards

XAVIER RAJ .A

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8
0
Xavier

Downloads stop downloading
File downloads stop downloading at random. We reboot our BorderManager and the downloads seem to work fine for a day or two and then the problem starts again. The downloads will start fine but then at some point before the download completes, it stops downloading anymore. Doesn't matter what browser we use. This problems happens no matter what site on the Internet we download from. Any ideas? In article <2nbOh.1421$uX.618@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > Any ideas? > Any patch level information? <Smile> Could be related to patch level (see tip #1 ...

Download not downloading
Name: Email: infoatblackhillsbronzedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Download not downloading Comments: Twice we've told the window to download the Firefox update - it sits for 2+ hours...never gets to installation. We're cancelling it again... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. Info...

Download file and resume download.
Name: Shattered Email: aadybalatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Download file and resume download. Comments: When Firefox will learn pumps a file from the servers that are not supported resuming? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Resume download feature for downloads
Name: Yeshwant Email: yashoshahatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Resume download feature for downloads Comments: i liked the interface and response time of the browser, but still the resume download feature is missing in new avatar 3.1 b2.File transfer breaks if the connection breaks and doesn't provide the resume option even if the download server provides the resume download links. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no ex...

Download: being able to resume an aborted download.
Download: being able to resume an aborted download, would be a nice feature, I just discoverd that the only way is to rewrite the original file... a fter a large download aborted at 95% ! Wget may be a good base for "smarts downloads"? ---- I demand that i may have said: > Download: > being able to resume an aborted download, would be a nice feature, > I just discoverd that the only way is to rewrite the original file... a > fter a large download aborted at 95% ! > Wget may be a good base for "smarts downloads"? > ---- ...

Feedback on downloading option
Name: madhankumar Email: madhan_acdc_at_yahoo.co.in Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback on downloading option Comments: Unike opera browser it doesn't have the option for stopping the download (s) and resuming it later while opening of the browser next time.(If the active download is paused and then window is closed the download cannot be resumed next time while opening the browser, the paused download is just deleted).If this problem is rectified in the next version , in my concern , Firefox will stand first in web browsing softwares. Browser Details: Mozilla/4....

I have been receiving many Firefox 2.0.0.4 downloads or attempted downloads since I first installed it. Please stop, it is using up my download allowance and costing me money.
Name: Jeff Email: jeffatnetspeeddotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: I have been receiving many Firefox 2.0.0.4 downloads or attempted downloads since I first installed it. Please stop, it is using up my download allowance and costing me money. Comments: Please stop, it is using up my download allowance and costing me money. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

downloading and staying downloaded
I've been having problems using your browser lately on several websites, = specifically Salon, eBay, HuffPo. I get connected but then the green = circular arrow comes back on indicating even more is being downloaded. = How about downloading the first time and leaving it at that? Because a = lot of it seems to be associated with "dynamic ads", ads whose content = is not simply a static picture or slogan but something that changes like = streaming video. Try fixing this or I'll have to find a better browser. ...

does not support video download option in internet download manager
Name: jayant yadav Email: jayantyadatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: does not support video download option in internet download manager Comments: when i was using firefox 2.0 than a video download option was coming on the screen in case we are seeing the video in youtube or any other video providing website. but version 3.5 does not support that opyion if i have to download a video i have to install 2.0 version Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to...

How to disable download option in IE Download Dialog Box
Hello.  I'm new to this website... 17 hours ago, I posted the same question on the General ASP.NET | Web Forms forum under the forum title: "How to disable the Open option in the download dialog box".  The question is: Does anyone know whether it is possible to disable the download option (and only allow the open option) on the IE Download Dialog? It would be preferable if it can be disabled during run-time when certain conditions are satisfied (during run-time). Thanks in advance. - BeefStew  Did you ever see such ...

Downloading with Free Download Manager or Download Accelerator Plus
Hi Everybody, Can you please tell me how I can download with third party download manager like Free Download Manager or Download Accelerator Plus? With regards and best wishes for the New Year. Sudip Bhattacharyya On 31.12.2008 11:15, sudipb001@gmail.com wrote: > Can you please tell me how I can download with third party download > manager like Free Download Manager or Download Accelerator Plus? This is a developer newsgroup. Please post your question in the user support newsgroup: mozilla.support.firefox -- Regards, Peter Lairo The browser you can trust: www...

How to stop the strange file download but not added to Download Manager
I am using Naviscope Software for almost 9 years. It shows the flow of files (Exe, Zip, Jpg, txt, html, and many more (only Http traffic). Frequently I have noticed a strange behaviour. When my Download Manager (ReGet Deluxe Pro) trying to download an .Exe file (not a sing Kb added), Naviscope displays the same file as already fast downloading. KBs of the EXE file downloaded but not added to the file in Reget Deluxe. Actually it was downloading somewhere else on my computer. I guess it is Parasites, Scumware such activities. When I disconnect, Restart computer and connect again (inte...

no download is a good download
Name: M. Nelson Email: capnboffoathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: no download is a good download Comments: I keep getting the is update several times a day. If i try to download it it fails to work, so I decline and the offers keep coming like a virus i cannot avoid. If the problem is not corrected i am going to try a different browser for my daily use. MAN Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

Download from download.novell.com using download manager
Hi, Not sure where to post this, so I'll just post it here. I want to downlaod the Netware 6.5 from downlaod.novell.com, but I crashed it twice already at 200Mb. Is it possible to use a downloadmanager like DAP or GetRight on this website? Kind regards, Arjan Yes...I used IDM and it worked fine. "Arjan" <aanthonisse@chemproha.nospam.com> wrote in message news:u13hlvoc0atbljf0ms69hb1uv42dro49as@4ax.com... > Hi, > > Not sure where to post this, so I'll just post it here. > I want to downlaod the Netware 6.5 from downlaod.novell.com,...

Web resources about - Options for resuming the downloads from where it stops when breaks up in downloading. - mozilla.feedback

Uploading and downloading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... include a web server , FTP server, email server, or other similar systems. A download can mean either any file that is offered for downloading ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
... with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, and share uploading and downloading ...

I'm Downloading on the App Store on iTunes
Get I'm Downloading on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Why is Dropbox so slow at downloading?
I've upgraded to the new version, and have relinked the machine that was upgraded. It's downloading at 5K per second. Why so slow? This is on ...

XBMCTorrent Plugin for Downloading or Streaming to XBMC from Torrent Sites ( i.e. PirateBay) - YouTube ...
YouTube: http://YouTube.com/user/xbmchelper XBMCast: http://xbmchelper.squarespace.com Official: http://xbmchelper.webs.com Website: http:// ...

Has downloading killed the video star?
It's a ritual as old as VHS.

You Might Not Get Fined For Downloading Dallas Buyers Club
Dallas Buyers Club pirates and torrenters, there may be a shining light at the end of the dark tunnel ahead of you. The studio behind the movie ...

Downloading movies and TV is not a crime
You wouldn't steal a car... but a movie or television show? Most of us seem fine with that.

Music Piracy - Illegal Downloading - Kazaa - Woman Loses Appeal
US woman loses $222,000 music downloading appeal

An epidemic in illegal downloading
Missing one episode of West Wing, thanks to constant schedule changes, was enough to set Mark and Kim down the road to online piracy.