Question about questions

Name:    Edward Newill
Email:   ernewillatyahoodotcom
Product: Thunderbird

Comments:
Is there an email address that I can send a question too?  I could not
find one in the Service area of your site.

I would like to know how I create signatures for my Thunderbird email?

Best regards,
E. Newill

Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Edward
5/21/2008 6:39:41 PM
mozilla.feedback.thunderbird 6443 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

windows ME questions, questions, questions.......
Hi, my next PC will be running Windows ME. The PC will be supplied via my work, so there's no choice here for me (ME?) (I think I would have preferred 98 SE). The harddisk (40GB matrox) will have ME installed, and both the Windows ME set-up files and an image of the initial Harddisk 'on a hidden partition'. Word has it that this partition is not seen by Format nor FDisk. Is this really possible? No Windows CD will be supplied. Seems a new way of MS to encourage working with licensed software only. Anyone familiar with this way of distributing an OS? Will I be able to ...

[QUESTION] this is a menu question ;-)
i'd like to know if it is possible to build dynamically a menu ? Let me explain : if i create as many menu items as i need, is it possible then to create a menu made of selected menu items. for example, i create three menu items : m_open m_save m_close then in one of my sheet, i just need m_open and m_close, is it possible to create, dynamically, a menu m_file which is made of m_open and m_close ? meaning that the Item property is not read-only... thanks a lot for any answer ! Guillaume MAISON Not a practical approach in PowerBuilder. You would be better off u...

No question like a dumb question
Suppose I have an 80 GB IDE hard disk (or any disk for that matter), WinXP as the installed OS on NTFS, and I run Spinrite 6.0 Level 2. It finds a few bad sectors and remaps them or marks them unrecoverable. Can I then format the disk as EXT3 or EXT4 for use in a Linux box? Will formatting as EXT lose any remapped sectors? Thanks in advance... On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:52:31 +0400, Mili <mili@yahoo.com> wrote: >Suppose I have an 80 GB IDE hard disk (or any disk for that matter), >WinXP as the installed OS on NTFS, and I run Spinrite 6.0 Level 2. It >finds a few ...

SAMBA question but not SAMBA question?
First of all I must apologise for the confusing title. I have recently only just installed linux on my laptop and so I am still learning (alot I may add). My problem happens to be in this case specific to a SAMBA file but a solution would necessarily be able to be used I guess on all installed packages. I recently, as root, deleted (overwrote) /etc/samba/smbpasswd and I was wondering whether there was anyway to actually reinstall this file only from a package/online repository or where ever else YaST uses when installing new software, without the need to reinstall the whole sa...

Some Thunderbird questions...
- Is there a way to reformat quoted text? Or any text, for that matter? - Can Thunderbird call an external editor? - Can outgoing messages be placed in a queue to be sent later, rather than being sent immediately? - Can a message be "bounced", that is, forwarded without any changes, preserving the original From and subject? Nil <rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in news:Xns967DC237130EDnilch1 @216.196.97.136: > - Is there a way to reformat quoted text? Or any text, for that matter? > Yes. > - Can Thunderbird call an external editor? >...

Thunderbird Questions
I'm currently using Forte Agent as my news reader and e-mail client, but I thought I would give Thunderbird a try, because I switched over to Firefox. So far it looks exactly like Outlook Express to me. I couldn't get any themes to download, because it said they were incompatible with Firefox! Wow. Is there a better help section than the one I read online? I'd like to change the settings especially for the newsgroup. There just doesn't appear to be too many options. So far Agent is head and shoulders above Thunderbird, but I'm still willing to give it a s...

Upgrade Questions/Stupid Questions
Ok. I am going to upgrade my Groupwise 6.02 system to 6.5 Sp1 this summer. I've got a couple of questions: 1) If I am running the email server behind the firewall using NAT to translate and my ISP hosts my MX record, what exactly gets entered in the MX Record field under the GWIA config? We've currently got the server's "internal" name in this field. Everything has been working fine. 2) Should I uninstall GWAVA before upgrading, then reinstall? 3) I can't quite find the TID on setting up Webaccess on IIS. Could someone let me know the TID# Thanks for ...

questions about Thunderbird
I am using Outlook Express 6 and want to know if anyone has had a problem changing everything over to TB? I like to include pictures in the body of my emails, can this be done with TB? I love Firefox, so just wondered if TB was as good? tks elaine On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:51:54 -0500, Elaine wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 and want to know if anyone has had a problem > changing everything over to TB? I like to include pictures in the body of > my emails, can this be done with TB? I love Firefox, so just wondered if TB > was as good? > > tks > ...

TLang/Translation question question
Hello, I'd like to build a XE7 FMX app which should be translateable. I'd also like to create some form of "dynamic menu" where I can add some new window to the project and in the initialization of the unit which contains that form there would be code to register it in some global list of mine which would form the basis of the menu. The menu would know then which form instance to create if somebody calls this window. Now the menu would need to have a name for the menu items. Using the captions of those child windows is not a good idea as this would require to ...

Questions on Thunderbird
I've got a couple of niggles about Thunderbird. 1) How do i view the full names of newsgroups, and not just abbreviations? 2) How do I sort my subscribed newsgroups alphabetically? 3) How do I view multi-post threads with the most recent at the top? TIA Cuzman wrote: > I've got a couple of niggles about Thunderbird. > > 1) How do i view the full names of newsgroups, and not just abbreviations? > 2) How do I sort my subscribed newsgroups alphabetically? > 3) How do I view multi-post threads with the most recent at the top? > > TIA 1) Inst...

Thunderbird question
Hai, My thunderbird mail client seems weird, i can't open link pages on every message.. can anyone tell me how to set the default browser for thunderbird ? regards, Smiigoal ...

My Feedback and a question
Name: Wayan Eka Email: eariastaatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: My Feedback and a question Comments: Hi, I've installed firefox a few days ago. However there is a problem. I can't right click in the webpage. Is there a sort of error or something? How can I fix that problem? Please let me know the solution. Regards Wayan Eka Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/2.0.0.8;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this ...

Thunderbird Question....
Was running Thunderbird v0.72 and I am almost certain I had the fonts in the composition window set to fixed width. Just install version 0.8 and find the default fonts set to variable width. I set them to fixed width but if I close and then open the composition window they are back to variable. How can I permanently set the fonts to fixed width? Thanks, Casey In article <MPG.1bbbb77fb840e25e989743@news.grc.com>, casey@nosuch.net says... > Was running Thunderbird v0.72 and I am almost certain I > had the fonts in the composition window set to fixed width. > Just ins...

a few Thunderbird questions
Hi, Are there ways to make Thunderbird: a) allow me to sort the newsgroups (or group them in an order I like. I like to keep groups from diff. hierarchies which serve similar topics together) Sub-grouping ngs in collapsing lists would be even better as that will keep the list-length manageable.. b) collect email addresses out of marked body text? I could live with having to separately mark each message, but it would be nicer to just mark a chunk of text and let TB parse it and all found addresses into the collected addresses address book. c) allow a C...

Some Thunderbird Questions
I've been playing with my new toy, Thunderbird--reading help files fiddling around, etc. Here are a couple of questions I couldn't find any answers for. 1. When you're reading a newsgroup, how do you make the header fonts bigger. I can hardly read them on my 21 inch monitor. Can you make them bigger without having to change your monitor resolution? 2. How do you make the body of a message come out bold? I didn't see that feature anywhere. 3. When you want to read one of your subscribed newsgroups does Thunderbird automatically retrieve new messages when ...

Thunderbird Question
When I download E-Mail it is now grouped by Today Yesterday Last Week Last Month I have just started to notice this is this something new or is there a problem TIA Glenn On 12/10/2006 11:07 PM, Glenn Klein wrote: > When I download E-Mail it is now grouped by Today Yesterday Last Week > Last Month I have just started to notice this is this something new or > is there a problem > TIA > Glenn Evidently you accidentally hit the "G" key which groups mail headers. Just click on an one of the column headers to get things back to normal. HTH -- ...

Thunderbird question
When compacted, outlook express emails are stored as dsx files (I think) on the hard drive and may be found under winme/applications/identities, etc. Where amd how are thunderbird emails and subscribed newswgroups stored. Jim Florence wrote: > When compacted, outlook express emails are stored as dsx files (I think) > on the hard drive and may be found under winme/applications/identities, > etc. > > Where amd how are thunderbird emails and subscribed newswgroups stored. It's in the FAQ: http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/edit.html#profile http://texturizer....

Thunderbird question
Now that I've fixed the problem with thunderbird opening firefox, I have another problem. When I initialize thunderbird, I get an error message "could not initialize browser's security component. The most likely cuase is problems with files in your browser's profile directory... " It goes on to tell me to check that there are no read/write restrictions and the disk is not full or close to full. the odd thing is that it worked before and I don't recall changing anyting. Is there a directory in the mozilla profile that I can check, or restore from a...

Storage question (design question)
Hello, the following is a design question, not a help question. I wonder if someone could explain what the advantage is of storing all mails of a certain folder into one file in stead of storing each message in it's own file? I know Thunderbird uses a lazy deletion mechanism, but still it looks a lot easier to just to remove a couple of files in stead of adjusting one big file once in a while. Also the summary file has to keep track now of the offset of messages inside one file while that wouldn't even be needed when using seperate files. Every message could be ...

Feedback + Question
Name: Nick Email: nick_almosstathotmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 7 Summary: Feedback + Question Comments: Hi, First of all I want to say thanks for changing not changing the interface. I personally like the Firefox Interface, So please, don't change it! I noticed that browsing the internet with Gran Paradiso is going faster than Firefox 2. I also the changes when you download something. I think that there should be some new features. Like a new enhanced pop-up blocker, Spyware checker, and an E-mail feature. I also have a question : My brother is 9 years...

Thunderbird question
Hi, I an an extension developer for Thunderbird - I was installing my extension on a friends older PC running openSuse 10.3. I upgraded her Thunderbird from 1.x to 2.0.0.19 and then installed my extension (quickfolders) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/3254 but there are no accept / cancel buttons visible on the options dialog, only a [Close] button. I have tested the extension under windows xp (with various themes / OS themes) and it also works in Mac; any idea why the buttons might not come up on Linux? Am I missing some rpm files for the system? I ...

Question about thunderbird
Name: Shaun Tisdale Email: shaunatcampdeathdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Question about thunderbird Comments: Hello, I have been using thunderbird for well over a year now and am a big fan. The only problem is that I do not know how to add a footer to an email. (so Shaun Tisdale, job title etc. is sent with every email to help me from typing it each time) I know it should be easy but I couldn't find how to do it on the FAQ site so could you please help. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2...

More thunderbird questions
Thunderbird is labeling everything in military time. The only reference I saw in searching was for time/date format was along these lines: http://kb-upgrade.mozillazine.org/index.php/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Change_the_Date_Format The wife wants regular time, not military time. I'm stumped as to how to change it. BTW, this is on a linux box, as it may make a difference. -- Bloated Elvis Bloated Elvis wrote: > Thunderbird is labeling everything in military time. The only reference > I saw in searching was for time/date format was along these lines: > http://kb-upgrade...

Blackerry question and Verizon question
I am totally new to wireless email and pda's. My question is this. I currently have a personal Verizon phone with a basic voice only plan. I have a Blackberry Enterprise Server at work. My current Verizon contract expired so I can get nice discount a Blackery. Do I need to upgrade my Verizon plan in order to send and recieve emails using my Blackbery Enterprise server at work? Thank you for your help. JasonP wrote: > Do I need to upgrade my Verizon plan in order to send and recieve emails > using my Blackbery Enterprise server at work? Yes you'll ...

Web resources about - Question about questions - mozilla.feedback.thunderbird

World Science Festival Brisbane 2016: Questions abound in learning extravaganza
Are humans on the verge of destroying our planet? Is creativity linked to insanity? And just when are we finally going to be whizzing around ...

3 Questions That A 2016 Law Firm Needs to Ask Itself
We are at a point in society where it is no longer cute to be technologically impaired. The world is technologically savvy, our clients are technologically ...

Question of the Day: What's the most irritating car name?
Filed under: Design/Style , Etc. , Automotive History I say every remaining example of the Oldsmobile Achieva should be crushed, just to erase ...

I find that I've stopped using question marks.
What's the point of question marks. We understand questions from the order of the words alone, and when there are ambiguous sequences — like ...

John Kasich Angry At Marijuana Question « CBS Detroit
Eventually he conceded, "yes, I did smoke marijuana when I was younger. But there's gonna be a limit on the amount of 'gotcha' questions I'm ...

7 questions on Trump's foreign policy answered by national security expert
GOP front-runner's remarks on foreign policy have caused some consternation among experts – CBS News speaks to one of them

Maria Sharapova: The unanswered questions
CNN Maria Sharapova: The unanswered questions CNN (CNN) Maria Sharapova tested positive for a recently banned substance, meldonium, at January's ...

The Latest: Kasich: I smoked pot; that's a 'Gotcha' question
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on campaign 2016 as Michigan, Mississippi, Idaho and Hawaii vote for nominees (all times Eastern Standard Time): ...

Forget it Jake, it's Podtoid questions time
Wow, ya'll catch this Podtoid 327: Bathtubs Full of French Fries ? Boy howdy, what a hootenanny that was largely because of those lovely questions ...