WINDOWS SLEEPS DURING FIREFOX DOWNLOAD because Firefox does not call SetThreadExecutionState

Name:    WILLIAM PENGELLY
Email:   BILLPENGELLYatGMAILdotCOM
Product: Firefox

Comments:
According to the Windows forums the "sleeping during download" problem
is with Firefox, and not Windows.  According to this webpage
http://superuser.com/questions/18285/prevent-windows-7-pc-from-sleeping-while-a-download-is-in-progress
it is the duty of the downloading program to reset the system idle timer
by calling SetThreadExecutionState with ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
WILLIAM
5/14/2010 4:31:30 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118463 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Firefox or not Firefox

firefox companion for firefox
Name: william faulks Email: wf010a4342atblueyonderdotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: firefox companion for firefox Comments: great program, been looking for something like this for ages Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Firefox, and Firefox Portable
Name: Brian Email: silverdragona1ataol Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, and Firefox Portable Comments: Feedback. After several hefty fallouts with AOL, and the complete dogs dinner we are presented with that they claim is worthy of using, be it the AOL9 browser, I decided to try Firefox.... I am very annoyed. Why?... because stupidly, I had not tried Firefox EARLIER.... I have now replaced AOL9 completely on all the family computers with Firefox... I am also TOTALLY bewildered as to how you can get a fully functioning Firefox to run on a USB Flash Drive......... I...

Firefox within Firefox
For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox -- verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the internet." This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet, thanks much. However, the destination IP is always along the lines of 206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of my ISP. So I've been saying yes. But I'm wondering why of a sudden this access is taking place, or being questioned, or what...

Firefox uses Firefox.

Firefox, meet the Firefox
Name: brooks Email: brooksonleyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, meet the Firefox Comments: I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange, raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one. Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation [http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Fi...

When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well.
Name: Jean-Victor Côté Email: jean-vdotcoteatsympatico.ca Product: Firefox Summary: When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well. Comments: It does not always happen, but it is as if all windows were tabs of the same window that closes without warning when a particular tab is closed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!
When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? This bug needs to be fixed! -- "Jay" <jemontes48@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ZOSdnXsvzv8FzuXVnZ2dnUVZ_tbinZ2d@mozilla.org... > When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! > It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? > This bug needs to be fixed! Tools → Options → Tabs → Warn (me) when closing multiple tabs Tools → Options → Tabs → Always show the tab bar The second one will stop Firefox fro...

Firefox windows plus mini internet window opens when opening firefox
When switching between open windows (using mouse function) I see the regula= r firefox window as well as a mini internet window. I can not click on the= mini window. This just started a few weeks ago. It happens when using fir= efox regular or private browsing. I want to make sure it is not a malware o= r keystroke program loading. AVG nor advanced systemcare show anything is = wrong. This does not happen using google chrome or IE9. Any thoughts woul= d be appreciated. Thanks On 12-08-03 12:55 PM, pmb wrote: > When switching between open windows (using mouse function) I see ...

about the Firefox issue when start firefox under windows XP
Name: Wei-Chi Email: pizzdotwwcatmsadothinetdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: about the Firefox issue when start firefox under windows XP Comments: Hi when I update firefox to 2.0.0.7 I found one issue when the firefox broswer starting when I press the auto search update and try to find new update the message feedback to the update XML file already deformed (200) it's any solution to fix it this? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-TW; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Why does windows firefox have DIFFERENT menus than linux firefox?
Why does the Windows firefox have, for example, Tools -> Options, while the Linux firefox has, for example, Edit -> Preferences? Why, for the same version number, are they so different? hanson wrote: > Why does the Windows firefox have, for example, Tools -> Options, while > the Linux firefox has, for example, Edit -> Preferences? > > Why, for the same version number, are they so different? The example you state has been the de facto standard for applications in those two operating systems for decades. Nothing more than that. Not just in Firefox, ei...

Firefox process is alive after closing Firefox window
Name: Igor Email: igordotivanovatlistdotru Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox process is alive after closing Firefox window Comments: Sometimes after closing Firefox window by X button I find its process is still alive. So I can't run Firefox again without killing this process manually. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; ru; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 MRA 5.4 (build 02647) Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide o...

How to Call Firefox from Thunderbird when Firefox is not Default Browser
I have Time Warner's Roadrunner. They provide free anti-virus, ad, firewall, etc programs that do not have Mozilla versions so I use Outlook and Internet Explorer as my default. There are a number of things I like to do using Firefox and Thunderbird - such as reading these newsgroups. I want Thunderbird to call up Firefox it I need a browser while using it. Does anyone know how to do this without changing system defaults? I have found that Explorer and Mozilla will get in competition with each other if I have both products running at the same time and can destroy my internet connect, disrupt my firewall, etc. I like to have only the Microsoft products or the Mozilla products running a one time. Amy help appreciated. Cookie On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:29:48 GMT, Cookie Cutter <CookieCutter@none.com> wrote: >There are a number of things I like to do using Firefox and Thunderbird >- such as reading these newsgroups. I want Thunderbird to call up >Firefox it I need a browser while using it. Does anyone know how to do >this without changing system defaults? You might be one of us that find OpTool to be useful: http://www.kreacom.dk/optool/ Howard Brazee wrote: > On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:29:48 GMT, Cookie Cutter > <CookieCutter@none.com> wrote: > >> There are a number of things I like to do using Firefox and Thunderbird >> - such as reading these newsgroups. I want Thunderb...

New Firefox Theme for Windows
Name: D Product: Firefox Summary: New Firefox Theme for Windows - Firefox Button Comments: The orange in the Firefox Button is nice, but the whole browser feels kinda souless/artificial without the Firefox Icon. I think it should be shown (even if not fully) in the background of the button. (Major - Epic Suggestion) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must...

Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze
Name: Sebastian Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 Beta release. When closing programm process remains active and prevents restart of Firefox under Windows Vista. Memory intenese flash caused firefox to freeze Comments: The problem stated above happend quite often after Firefox was running for some time 3-4 Hours. When restarting Firefox a message that firefox was already running popped of, and the process had to be stopped via task manager (ctrl alt del). Second thing I recognized was when starting 2-3 memory intense Flash-Applications in tabs firefox would freeze (games f...

My feedback on Firefox 2 latest stable and Firefox 3
Name: Francois Email: tattva81atyahoodotfr Product: Firefox Summary: My feedback on Firefox 2 latest stable and Firefox 3 Comments: Hi Mozilla people, I must say I'm a huge Firefox Fan starting 1.0 release and I have recommended many people around me to use Firefox during all these years, the product was great, light-weight, fast and extremely reliable. I happened to try Firefox 3 during 2 days but I couldn't bear using it any more : Why ? 1. Insane loading time at startup (easily 3 and a half full minutes to dare to start) 2. Add-ons that setup themselves wit...

FireFox 3 Mac VS FireFox 3 Windows
Name: Braeden Black Email: thelonewolfatavalonmediaproductionsdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox 3 Mac VS FireFox 3 Windows Comments: I know you guys are probably aware of this already, but as a full time web designer/developer, a mac & pc user, and a huge supporter and fan of FireFox I just wanted mention that I find it frustrating that FF 3 on mac displays web sites different then FF 3 on windows even though FF 2, Netscape 9 and Opera 9+ for mac and windows display the same. Anything you can do to fix this would be awesome. Have a great weekend. Browser Deta...

Firefox graphics issues on Windows 10 + Firefox 40
Hey, people on reddit.com/r/firefox are reporting a fair amount of graphics related issues. It seems like most of it boils down to newly blacklisted drivers? Is there a bug for this somewhere? Thanks, Tom ...

Where does firefox stores the automatically downloaded update file of firefox
When firefox downloads newer version of firefox for updation, where does it store that download file? ok. it stores that in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\updates but where does it move that after updating? I want to save that downloaded file so that I can use it to install firefox in case I format my harddisk, or I can take it in my pendrive to some friend's place or to some cyber cafe in case my net is not working. thanks. On 4/13/2007 2:08 AM, Tbird Leader V S Rawat radioed the tower to announce: > When firefox downloads newer version of firefox for updation,...

Reinstall of Windows with Firefox, but cannot install old Firefox favorites
Name: briin Email: briingouldathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Reinstall of Windows with Firefox, but cannot install old Firefox favorites Comments: On an annual basis, either I upgrade my PC or reinstall Windows due to virus or other catastrophe. So its a fresh install of firefox, but firefox does not appear to provide for the importing of favorites from our previous install of firefox. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Is firefox multi-threaded? (1 Firefox Window using all of 1 cpu can hang other FF windows)
I'm using FF1.5.x on WinXP2. Am on a 2-processor x dual-core machine that shows a total of 4 cpu's. Something I've noticed recently that wasn't noticeable on my old mono-processor machine is that frequently, Firefox will get slow when drawing multiple windows or when multiple windows are open -- but I'll see it being CPU bound (not, apparently, network bound). On my old computer, I saw 100% cpu usage and thought, ah well, I'm just topping out the machine. But now, with 4 cpu's, I notice FF pegging out at 25% of the used CPU with 75% (or 3 cpu's)...

http://www.firefox-community-edition.org/firefox-download-process/firefox-offer-premium.php?from=1waskwywabbit%40gmail%2ecom&meta_adtracking=ffdoi&meta_message=1&meta_required=from&meta_web_form_id=10
Name: bunny Email: 1waskwywabbitatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: http://www.firefox-community-edition.org/firefox-download-process/firefox-offer-premium.php?from=1waskwywabbit%40gmail%2ecom&meta_adtracking=ffdoi&meta_message=1&meta_required=from&meta_web_form_id=105814493&name=bunny&unit=firefox%2dorg Comments: are you aware of this website? http://www.firefox-community-edition.org/firefox-download- process/firefox-offer-premium.php?from=1waskwywabbit%40gmail% 2ecom&meta_adtracking=ffdoi&meta_message=1&meta_required=from&meta_web_f orm_id=105814493&name=bunny&unit=firefox%2dorg Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) ...

Web resources about - WINDOWS SLEEPS DURING FIREFOX DOWNLOAD because Firefox does not call SetThreadExecutionState - mozilla.feedback.firefox

LATENTBOT: Trace Me If You Can
A newly discovered botnet implements several layers of obfuscation and can corrupt a hard disk, entirely wiping it clean.

Give your computer insomnia [Free tool and source code to temporarily prevent a machine from going to ...
Delay's Blog is the blog of David Anson, a Microsoft developer who works with the Silverlight, WPF, Windows Phone, and web platforms.

Antivirus scan for 01d3becf7f1abe4599b8c2f5153443d8b5e3ede50f65889939323b223ee2944a at 2016-01-03 12:33:08 ...
× Cookies are disabled! This site requires cookies to be enabled to work properly Community Statistics Documentation FAQ About Join our community ...

SourceForge.net: Zenju - User Profile
SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and free downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory.

Antivirus scan for 01d3becf7f1abe4599b8c2f5153443d8b5e3ede50f65889939323b223ee2944a at 2015-12-31 15:50:39 ...
× Les galetes no estan habilitades Aquest web requereix l'ús de galetes per funcionar correctament Comunitat Estadístiques Documentació PMF Quant ...