why does the 'yu have updated to the latest firefox' page come on everytime i start firefox??!?

Name:    Ashfaqur Rahman
Email:   rahmandotashfaqueatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
it is quite annoying, i mean i've done my plug-ins, themes, extensions
and am happily browsing along; but now have come to dread siring up
firefox mainly because of that annoying startup first tab. i haven't
used ie in a long while and have managed to convert very many people to
firefox/even d/ling firefox on any machine i use but man, this is
getting tiresome and i'm sure all the other users have a similar
complaint. so was i wrong in converting former ie users to firefox only
to have them moan about the annoying startup first tab declaring what we
already were aware of when we first updated firefox and now have to
wince and bear it every time for god knows how long..

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7
0
Ashfaqur
10/18/2007 11:51:32 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118463 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Latest Update Of Firefox 3.0.7 Hangs Everytime I Start Firefox
Name: Oliver Mallon Email: oliverdotmallonataeponadotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Latest Update Of Firefox 3.0.7 Hangs Everytime I Start Firefox Comments: Latest Update Of Firefox 3.0.7 Hangs Everytime I Start Firefox Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox v28 says there are updates, but it goes to Firefox's home page...
.... and it says I have the latest version in Mac OS X 10.8.5. What the frak? Is anyone else seeing this too? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Bother," said Winnie the Pooh, as the ants devoured him. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. On 04/29/...

Firefox UI menus idea: move 'Page Info' from 'Tools' to 'View' menu
Hello, I offer my apologies in advance for cross-posting, however I think I should have posted this message here first, and don't want to require anyone to seek out the other post. (For the curious, that short thread with 1 reply from someone agreeing with the idea is archived here: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/browse_thread/thread/2f45895725d58411/ ) My message: --- In the theme of the "De-cluttering & improving Fx's interface" thread at: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/browse_frm/thread/6a53e16ed307f8f2 ...

Firefox UI menus idea: move 'Page Info' from 'Tools' to 'View' menu
In the theme of the "De-cluttering & improving Fx's interface" thread at http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/browse_frm/thread/6a53e16ed307f8f2 I had this idea for one little change I think should be made to the Firefox menus (as seen in FF 1.5.0.4): Move the 'Page Info' entry from the 'Tools' menu to the 'View' menu, below and next to the 'Page Source' entry. Why? Because that would group two current-page-related functions together. In fact, these two functions are already grouped together on the right-click...

every time I open up firefox the page you've updated firefox appears. how can i stop this?
Name: howard maunus Email: hmaunusatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: every time I open up firefox the page you've updated firefox appears. how can i stop this? Comments: help about update page always appearing. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.10) Gecko/20071115 Firefox/2.0.0.10 ...

Crazy Firefox... 'Do you want FireFox to remember this password?'
I have a working GridView that I use FindControl to get the dynamic text boxes information on _Click. Everything works fine and none of the text boxes are passwords yet when the LinkButton is clicked FireFox popups up the 'Do you want FireFox to remember this password?' I have a login on the page and I have tried specifying ValidationGroup but the browse keeps popping up the password remember prompt. Any ideas who to resolve this? Thanks.   try setting the causesvalidation="false" on the linkbutton"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a...

It's the fastest ''firefox'' i've ever had!!!:)
Name: Blagovest Email: blago_944atabvdotbg Product: Firefox Summary: It's the fastest ''firefox'' i've ever had!!!:) Comments: I's a great product!I'm really amazed! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Two things...firefox keeps prompting me to submit surveys (repeatedly), and feedback claims that i'm not on the latest beta (but firefox itself disagrees).
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Two things...firefox keeps prompting me to submit surveys (repeatedly), and feedback claims that i'm not on the latest beta (but firefox itself disagrees). Comments: The "Ready to Submit" window keeps popping up annoyingly making me click go away or submit before i can have my viewing space back. Even after clicking automatically submit it still pops up (5 times today with the same damn survey) asking me to submit. Then, when I go to put this in my feedback mozilla tells me I need to be using the latest beta and redirects me to a ...

The ol' Firefox 'Save Page As ...' bug
(I suppose that this may not be the best forum for this kind of post; if so, please let me know which forum I should send it to instead.) The bug I'm about to describe is a variant of other Firefox bugs (e.g. Bug # 285830). I'm trying to find a workaround that will work in my particular situation. I have a CGI script that generates a large table of output. Users have the option to view the output as HTML or as plain text. The rationale for this choice is to simplify the problem of saving the output to disk, as a plain text (*.txt) file. This works beautifully in othe...

Everytime I download or even just save Firefox virus warning comes and then won't close unless I quit Firefox
Okay, I have searched this group and I have looked everywhere for the answer to this constant problem: Every single time I try to download or save anything box comes down to tell me that virus program didn't scan it and I need to check my configuration. Then when I hit okay box just bounces up and comes down over and over. It freezes all my activities on that page or any other Firefox page. I have adjusted and readjusted content and main preferences, but nothing helps. I have to close out of everything, force quit it, and start all over fresh. I can't take it anymore. Oh...

'Static' Firefox vs Firefox 1.0.3
With=20the=20static-compiled=20version=20of=20Firefofox=201+=20produced=20a=20while=20ago, the=20option=20for=20external=20applications=20to=20open=20web=20pages=20in=20a=20new=20tab=20is honoured.=20With=20Firefox=201.0.3=20(and=20earlier=20dynamic=20versions)=20this=20 option=20does=20not=20work. Why=20is=20this?=20Is=20it=20something=20to=20do=20with=20the=20trunk=20and=20branch=20which=20I=20 read=20about=20but=20don't=20really=20understand?=20Is=20there=20any=20intention=20to=20 bring=20them=20in=20line? --=20 Regards Sid=20Gale On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:08:03 UTC, &qu...

Windows Won't Allow Firefox On To It's Update Page!
Name: Todd Bixler Email: misterbixleratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Windows Won't Allow Firefox On To It's Update Page! Comments: Just thought you should know, when users try to use Firefox 3.0 stupid Microsoft is saying you have to be running Explorer. Don't think this is fair and should be changed by Microsoft. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

'yahoo mail beta' and 'Wordpress' login don't work anymore after update to firefox 2.0.0.5
Hi, I'm running Windows vista home premium and after the update to 2.0.0.5 i cannot login anymore to the Yahoo mail beta, that meas that the login page keeps reloading every second so i don't have the change to type in my loginname and password. I'm also running two sites on wordpress but i cannot login to both of them eighter. here is the problem that i can login but the screen keeps retrning to the login screen. This is also since the update. I also updated my java to 6V2 so that should not be the problem i guess.... If someone can help me, that would be great!...

new firefox, new ''Library''
Name: Paul Sulc Email: pauldotsulcatverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: new firefox, new ''Library'' Comments: perhaps is good. But using new LIBRARY is much more complicated then good, old Book marks. It is louzy, and I am sorry for a moment I load a new version of Firefox. Older version ''book marks''was much more user friendly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response ...

IE 7 and Firefox: Firefox won't start
I updated IE this week to IE 7. It is absolute piracy. Looks almost identical to Firefox. I now have problems with Firefox 2.0 starting up. I reinstalled it, and it worked, and again it won't startup. Perhaps there is an insidious bug built into IE7 to discourage Firefox users? I wouldn't put it past Microsoft. Comments on this? Thanks. Bruce "brucegooglegroups" <brucegooglegroups@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1163373758.200243.312620@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Perhaps there is an insidious bug built into IE7 to discourage Firefox > user...

Firefox or not Firefox

Click on bookmarks and up comes 'Page Bookedmarked' dialog box Firefox 3 and 3.1
Name: Munroe Morrison Email: munroe12345athotmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Click on bookmarks and up comes 'Page Bookedmarked' dialog box Firefox 3 and 3.1 Comments: Click on bookmarks and up comes 'Page Bookedmarked' dialog box instead of the 'bookmarks' drop down list. This happens on a random, but frequent basis, and is very annoying. I have seen it reported as a bug on the internet before for FF3.0, but nothing seems to have been done to sort this out for FF3.1 Please sort this out. It's spoiling the browser. I'm running Wi...

Flash still not 'flashing' in latest FireFox rev...what's up w/that?
Name: Kenneth E. Tucker Email: kennethetuckeratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Flash still not 'flashing' in latest FireFox rev...what's up w/that? Comments: i was hoping that the new rev 3.6.2 was going to address the challenges of Firefox NOT working w/Adobe. color me disappointed. STILL getting 'can't write to: NPSWE32.dll' and, regardless of auto/manual, uninstall, reinstall NOTHING works haven't been able to use firefox/opera since you guys went from 3.5.x to 3.6.x what's up with that?! the REALLY shitty end of this &#...

Suggestion for the "You've been updated to the latest version of Firefox" pages
Name: Michael Cleland Email: michaelatactiveenzymesdotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Suggestion for the "You've been updated to the latest version of Firefox" pages Comments: Hi, Whenever you upgrade Firefox, the browser takes you to a URL like http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.11/whatsnew/ This says, "You've been updated to the latest version of Firefox" However, the older, similar URLs give you the same message, such as http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.4/whatsnew/ My suggestion would be to change the co...

Today I tried to open firefox however this message came up 'ssl3.dss' needs to be reinstalled to make firefox fire up - I haven't downloaded any programme nor uninstalled that thing
Name: RAE Email: raedatorcondotnetdotnz Product: Firefox Summary: Today I tried to open firefox however this message came up 'ssl3.dss' needs to be reinstalled to make firefox fire up - I haven't downloaded any programme nor uninstalled that thing - could you tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks, Rae Comments: as above Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ N...

Word Mis-spllelling about 'Fifefox',it should be 'Firefox'
Name: bingo Email: butterfly_zhang0501athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Word Mis-spllelling about 'Fifefox',it should be 'Firefox' Comments: My Firefox broswer version is "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9". I got this sentence with Mis-spllelling about 'Fifefox'--‘ 喜歡 Firefox 嗎?已經有上百萬人加入支持 Fifefox 的行列了。和大家一起 推 廣 Firefox 吧!’while opening the homepage about the Firefox. A small bug. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/...

Firefox woouldn't start; silent firefox.exe in process explorer
Name: Richard Rawson Email: Firefox-090929atdrawsondotcotsedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox woouldn't start; silent firefox.exe in process explorer Comments: Firefox started but never appeared on my desktop. That is an obscure problem for users. All I saw was that repeated attempts to start Firefox just gave hourglass cursors for a few seconds... MS updates restarted my PC today. Once I logged back on, Firefox would not start. I repeatedly tried to start it from the Start Menu. Each time, the hourglass cursor vanished after several seconds, and I saw nothi...

Latest Firefox update killed Firefox
Name: Roy W Email: rw2875atmchsidotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Latest Firefox update killed Firefox Comments: Did the update and now cannot access Firefox. Fortunately, I've kept IE--from which I am sending you this msg. If you can't offer a solution I am forced to abandon Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) ...

Firefox 3 Update 'Bug'?!
Name: Tudor Petru Gazdac Email: tudorpetruatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Update 'Bug'?! Comments: I have just downloaded the new Firefox 3. When I click Help > Check For Updates... After checking for new updates in FIREFOX 3 FINAL RELEASE it shows an error saying this: ________________________________________________________________________ There were problems checking for, downloading or installing this update. Firefox could not be updated because: AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200). I don't know if there's a bug or not. Check it o...

Web resources about - why does the 'yu have updated to the latest firefox' page come on everytime i start firefox??!? - mozilla.feedback.firefox