Security: Show Passwords MAJOR SECURITY RISK

Name:    Mx
Email:   mklein01atgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
The ability of anyone to view saved passwords is a major security risk.

PASSWORDS should be ENCRYPTED WITH A USER SELECTED PASSWORD

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Mx

Password Security for Firefox (Can future version of Firefox pass all 21 security tests?)
Name: HY Tan Email: elfelleatgmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Password Security for Firefox (Can future version of Firefox pass all 21 security tests?) Comments: http://news.softpedia.com/news/IE7-vs-Chrome-1-0-vs-Opera-9-62-vs-Firefox-3-0-4-vs-Safari-3-2-vs-Password-Security-100103.shtml Above link is not based on 3.1b2 results but hope firefox can pass all security tests to make it the leading secure browser. Speed is one area but Security is another key area where it will attract more people to switch to most secure browsers with the less loopholes :) Browser De...

Password secure...is it secure?
Yes I just got this baby and I LOVE it! Its great. I have stored all my passwords inside of it (and yes made a few backups from them in secure locations) How secure is this program really? It uses blowfish to encrypt the database but how strong blowfish? 128bits? 256? 448? Anything else I should think about it? I have putted it and its databases inside PGPdisk just to play it safe...but then again Im a paranoid. :) -- Markus Jansson ************************************ My privacy related homepage and PGP keys: http://www.geocities.com/jansson_markus/ ********...

when is secure, secure?

security too secure

How secure is secure?

"Show Passwords" security risk
Name: Steven Email: steven987_at_comcast.net Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: "Show Passwords" security risk Comments: In all versions of Firefox including Firefox 2 Beta 2, the Tools > Options > Security (Tools > Options > Privacy in Firefox 1.5), has a button where you can "Show Passwords". If you don't set a Master Password, which most people don't because it's the default and requires you to enter it each time you use Firefox, then someone could simply walk up to your PC and view ALL of your stored passwords on web sites. This is...

Are Security Products a Security Risk?
"Approximately 800 vulnerabilities discovered in antivirus products" http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1445 My antivirus solution Kaspersky is one of them... Sigh... :( On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:05:21 +0800, Ryan Ernest S. Selda said: > "Approximately 800 vulnerabilities discovered in antivirus products" > > > http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1445 > > > My antivirus solution Kaspersky is one of them... Sigh... :( This has already appeared here, on 8th July, in a thread entitled "Approximately 800 vulnerabilities discove...

KLASSP Secure Proxy for password security
http://research.microsoft.com/pubs/69368/acsac06.pdf Hi All, See link above. Anyone know if this system has actually been implemented anywhere? I did some googling and didn't find anything. Appears to be a nice solution to thwart keyloggers on public computers. Cheers, Tom Tom C wrote: > http://research.microsoft.com/pubs/69368/acsac06.pdf > > Hi All, > > See link above. Anyone know if this system has actually been implemented > anywhere? I did some googling and didn't find anything. Interesting document. A few points that occur to me:...

Is security software becoming a security risk?
"Due to bugs in antivirus software, the security suite becomes a risk by itself, and adding multiple pieces of security software makes the problem worse, not better "... <http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/11/21/Is-security-software-becoming-a-security-risk_1.html> or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2nkk9r -- js http://justheadlines.exofire.net john s. smith wrote: > "Due to bugs in antivirus software, the security suite becomes a risk > by itself, and adding multiple pieces of security software makes the > problem worse, not better "... > ...

Password Manager without a password
Name: Peter Thompson Email: peter_t_2k3athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Password Manager without a password - Possible Security Risk Comments: As someone who uses Firefox a lot, I really love the program but I've noticed something just recently that I'd call in my opinion a possible security risk. When a user starts saving passwords for sites, by default the password manager isn't password protected. As a long time user of Firefox, for a while I did not have the password manager password protected and was shocked to find that I could reveal every passw...

Firefox Password Security...
I have been using the Mozilla Suite and have decided to give Firefox and Thunderbird a try. Although I don't use it all the time, I did make use of the Password Manager to store info for sites I frequented on a regular basis. The first thing I noticed is that I am able to encrypt the password and forms data files, but I did not see a similar option in Firefox. Please excuse my stupidity, but is this option available in Firefox or is it automatically done? I keep hearing how Firefox is suppose to be more secure, but this apparent difference concerns me. I have tried t...

How to secure database password? (was Re: Perl/DBI newbie: password storage / security question)
Hello, Many thanks to R. Joseph Newton, Motherofperls, essential quint and Chuck Fox for answering my questions, however it is still not what I was asking about. My previous posts were long and maybe unclear so I'll try to get straight to the point this time, adding more details at the bottom of my post. It is actually an extremely common situation: There is a CGI script written in Perl. It is a frontend to an SQL database. The script has to connect to the database so it has to send a password. I need that password to be secure. I am not interested in security through obscurity. T...

Increase in password security threats, Trojan stealing Firefox Passwords.
Name: Jamie Takurua Email: jtakuruaatsystem101dotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Increase in password security threats, Trojan stealing Firefox Passwords. Comments: Backdoor trojan using Mozilla Firefox Components to steal passwords in Firefox. iamfamous.dll inserts itself into components folder. Very hard to find and remove, not all AV programs or malware removers can find it yet. Password security may need to be updated QUICKLY. I hope you can prevent future versions of this type of trojan. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) G...

Security Risks of using built-in security controls?
Hi,Our IT team have a policy whereby a database Server is not allowed on any of our web servers, for security reasons.  With the onset of the in-built security controls, the SQL server is automatically created and placed in the App_Data folder which resides on the web site.Could anybody point me to literature that would inform us whether having the SQL server on the web site will compromise the security of our web server, together with any ads or disadvantages of using this system.Also, if  SQL server is not allowed on the Web server, is it possible to use&...

Web resources about - Security: Show Passwords MAJOR SECURITY RISK - mozilla.feedback.firefox