Search Suggestions are often useless because they display too narrow

Name:
Product: Firefox

Comments:
On small Firefox windows the Search Suggestions are too narrow to be useful. Can you allow
them to expand and display FAR to the left of where the Search Bar begins?

For example, if I type "firefox feedback" into the Search Bar I see a list of 10 suggestions, 9 of
which display as "firefox feed...". How is that helpful to me? Since the search suggestions are a
popup they could be as wide as necessary to display the meaningful text. Let that list expand as
far left as the left edge of the Firefox window itself if that's what it takes to display all of it!

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
hendrix

Firefox Search Suggestions
Name: David Email: kwyjimboatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Search Suggestions Comments: I love the search feature where one can type "define: [word]" in Google and get a short list of definitions. When typing one of these searches in the Firefox search bar, the list of suggested searches often will pick up on what I am aiming to define. The problem is that if you pick the search from the suggested list, it drops the colon. As you know, typing "define [word]" does not give the same, delightfully easy results as "define: [word]&quo...

Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback"
Name: Stephen, a firefox supporter Product: Firefox Summary: Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback" Comments: I just downloaded FF beta3 and it suggested dragging the feedback button onto the bookmarks toolbar. However once it is there it is not clear to the tester/user some time later that it is for firefox and not one of the potentially-many other applications on their PC. I therefore suggest you change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback". No big deal, but an easy...

4th parameter (Query URL) ignored in Firefox 2 (Supporting search suggestions in search plugins), but I need this working
Citation from [1] and being my problem: JSON 4th parameter (query URLs): "Query URLs are not supported in Firefox 2, and are ignored." This optional element is an array of alternate URLs for each of the suggestions in the completion list. For example, if you want to offer a map link instead of just a search result page for a given suggestion, you can return an URL to a map in this array. If you don't specify a query URL, the default query is used based on the search described by the <Url> element in the search plugin's XML description. However, I urge...

Suggestions for FireFox 3 (feedback)
Name: Scott Email: hakusaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Suggestions for FireFox 3 (feedback) Comments: Hi. I've been enjoying FF3. There are some surprisingly useful features, like how it searches for what I'm trying to type in the address bar. Very nice, although, some bookmarks, I'd rather weren't right there. I want to be able to label a bookmark or bookmark folder private so it doesn't appear there. I discovered that clicking that symbol on the right part of the address bar bookmarks a page, then clicking again allows me to edit that page. ...

Firefox/google search display
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox/google search display Comments: Upon typing a search on google, similar/related items are anticipated /displayed below the type box. My Firefox/Google box doesn't do this. Is it possible for Firefox/Google to do this? Should this be written into the code? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC)...

Feedback and Suggestions for Firefox 3
Name: Spencer Goldade Email: spencergoldadeathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback and Suggestions for Firefox 3 Comments: Howdy folks, First off, great new update. A couple things I thought would be great if you added them in though: Now that the crash report dialogue is more thorough I thought it would be nice if there was another element added to it. After updating to FF3 (forfox 3, not Final Fantasy 3) I started to crash a LOT, every 30 seconds to a minute that Firefox was open it would crash. I'm a slightly more experienced user so all I did was repl...

Title search suggestion is Firefox 3
Name: Wiiboy Brown Email: jordonwiiatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Title search suggestion is Firefox 3 Comments: In Firefox 3, when the final comes out, I suggest that when users type in titles of web pages, ignore symbols. For example, when I go to my gmail inbox, the title is "Gmail - inbox". So I have to type that, including the dash. I'd rather type just "gmail inbox" This would be a very nice addition. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 "...

Feedback for improving Firefox Bookmarks Search
Name: David Arcila Email: darcila86atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback for improving Firefox Bookmarks Search Comments: Hello! I have a lot of folders and websites organized inside my Firefox bookmarks.When i use the search bar (the one located inside the Firefox bookmarks) it finds quickly the website im looking for ,but i don't know in which folder that website is located. It would be great to be able to see the path of folders in which that website is located. For example if im looking for the word Firefox inside my bookmarks i should see: Book...

search is useless; cannot find version of Firefox
Name: Michael Sugar Email: michaeljsugaratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: search is useless; cannot find version of Firefox Comments: I used to be able to find which version of Firefox I was using. I do not remember which version I have, after my most recent update (not running the latest as went back due it crashing). This version no longer displays what version I am using. I cannot find it and need it to get an Adobe Flash Player update. I tried using the search function in Firefox by asking "what version of Firefox I have" and "how to find my version ...

Title search suggestion is Firefox 3 #2
Name: Wiiboy Brown Email: jordonwiiatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Title search suggestion is Firefox 3 Comments: I find the title search when I type into the address bar very useful. However, to improve it, I suggest that it should ignore symbols, or make it optional at least. For example, when I go to my Gmail inbox, the title is Gmail - inbox. So I have to type that dash...I'd rather type Gmail inbox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

searching suggestions in search bar
Name: HMf Email: hdotmorfatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: searching suggestions in search bar Comments: It so good if you show the progress of searching suggestions in search bar while typing, like what internet explorer do. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3 beta3, Feedback und suggestion
Name: Herbert Wahl Email: uhwahlathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 beta3, Feedback und suggestion Comments: Hello! I use an Apple Computer with OS X 10.5.2 and i use Firefox 2.x and at the moment i test Version 3 beta3. I have a suggetion at the Mac-Version: When i go to my bookmarks and slide over with the mouse-pointer the url of the bookmark won't be displayed at the bottom of the browser. At the Windows version this feature works. It ist possible to migrate this feature at the Apple-Version? Yours Herbert Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh;...

Suggestion: Display count of highlighted search items
Name: Bruce Ackerman Email: bruceatlaughingcrowsdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Suggestion: Display count of highlighted search items Comments: When using the Find feature, when one clicks "Highlight all", it would be wonderfully handy if, in that find toolbar at the bottom of the window, it showed the number of instances of the search string that were highlighted. Thak you for a great browser! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 2.0 suggestion : Resize search box
Name: Patrick Harboun Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0 suggestion : Resize search box Comments: It would be great if the search box was resizeable. Sometimes you just need more space to type in your searches and less space to view the URL address. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Web resources about - Search Suggestions are often useless because they display too narrow - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Suggestion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Suggestion is the psychological process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings, or behaviour of another. Nineteenth century writers ...

Do You Like Facebook’s New Top Suggestions Layout?
Facebook revamped the layout of its top suggestions page, which, as the name implies, suggests pages for users to like . continued… New Career ...

What's your suggestion for an awesomely... - The Dish - Andrew Sullivan - Facebook
What's your suggestion for an awesomely bad Super PAC name?

Facebook to Use Facial Recognition to Provide Photo Tag Suggestions
Facebook has announced a new photo tag suggestions feature that utilizes facial recognition technology. When users upload photos, faces which ...

New tailored suggestions for you to follow on Twitter
... the first time, we want that process to be easy and fast. Currently, when new users come to Twitter, we show them all almost the same suggestions ...

Couple of suggestions for Fargo bloggers re Disqus comments.
Regarding Disqus comments: You can turn off the links to articles, if you don't care about revenue. Here's how: Go to the Disqus dashboard ...

New on Quora: Suggestions for Ask to Answer and... - Joel's Posts - Quora
One of the great parts of Quora is having a question answered by the perfect person, like a former Navy pilot who can explain what it's like ...

Suggestions by Hootsuite: Currently for Pro users only on the App Store on iTunes
Get Suggestions by Hootsuite: Currently for Pro users only on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Suggestion Box: Black Simon and Garfunkel Sing "All About That Bass" - YouTube
Jimmy welcomes back Black Simon and Garfunkel to sing Meghan Trainor's hit song "All About That Bass." Subscribe NOW to The Tonight Show Starring ...