Pasting text from Mac apps into rich text controls pastes plain text

Name:    Bob
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Using: Mac OS X 10.6 and Firefox 3.5 and 3.6 beta 1

Steps to reproduce:
* Write text in Text Edit, Yojimbo, etc using rich text (e.g. font
sizes, bold, italics)
* Open Gmail in Firefox and compose an email
* Copy and paste the text you created from the other Mac app into Firefox

Observed: text is pasted in as plain text
Expected: converts the rich text to appropriate rich text in the
control, like Safari does

This is a huge pain when e.g. writing release notes in Yojimbo and then
pasting them into Firefox on Mac.  I actually launch Safari just for
those times.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Bob

In rich text editor I cannot normally edit text just after pasting text
Name: Darek Email: darekatgrapevinejobsdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: In rich text editor I cannot normally edit text just after pasting text Comments: In rich text editor I have following problem: After pasting text for example from Word I try to remove a letter or word from just pasted text and I could not do this. If I insert let say single space then after this operation I am able to remove text and generally do everything. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5....

pasting formatted text into a plain text post
I use OE 6. Everything posts-news related is set to plain text, no preview pane, all the necessary security in place. Creating a new post is in plain text. But... when I paste formatted text into this plain text post, it will be visible as formatted. I have everything news-related set to 'plain text', and this will happen in both responses and fresh posts. When I save the post (causing it to end up in 'drafts') and reopen it, the formatting is not visible anymore. How is this 'fake formatting' possible? This message will say it's plain text, but until it...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Paste text from textbox to rich text box in real time
I'm trying to learn about how to input text on a series of text boxes and they will paste to a rich text box in real time, as it is typed. I don't know the nomenclature of that perticular function/action, so I would like to know if someone can direct me to the correct Help file. Basically, I want to do that:   Client : [Mr Glump] Subject : [Ruddyrods]    Textbox: --------------------------------------- Client : Mr Glump            ] Subject : Ruddyrods        ] --------...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Convert Rich Text to plain text
Hello,I'm new to web development and I've run into a problem with the ASP.Net Web application that i'm developing and am hoping someone can help.I'm querying an SQL server database table that holds some text in rtf format. I need to display this text in a tooltip (caption) when a user hovers over an image on the web page.Does anyone know how can i convert the rich text to plain text in my web application so i can display it in the tooltip?Thank you!G I had a similar problem.  Just wanted to post the solution my clever co-worker came up with since no one else had replied.  First,...

Pasting text-cells from Excel into Firefox 3 adds a space at the end of the text
Name: Ronald Kohl Email: kohlatcafesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Pasting text-cells from Excel into Firefox 3 adds a space at the end of the text Comments: If you copy a cell containing text from Excel (2003) into Firefox 3, Firefox 3 always adds a space at the end of the text from the cell. Firefox 2 did not have this behavior, so I developed my use of internet ID's and passwords on using an Excel spreadsheet on a removable storage medium. For security, this spreadsheet uses black text on black fill so all ID's and passwords are invisible on the screen (View, F...

Text problem
Name: Alex Email: vengeance.mx_at_gmail.com Product: Minefield Summary: Text problem - bold text overlaps plain text Comments: Here's a screenshot that should give you the general idea of what's wrong - bold text (and I think hypertext, possibly other types of text, too) overlap plain text on my Mac. It's been like this since Firefox 1.5 and has never been fixed: http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/OverlappingText.png Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061031 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Copy web text fr FF2 PASTE to outlook text mail msg get an attachment not text
I never had this problem with IE. When I copy text from a web page and try to paste it as text into an Outlook2000 TEXT mail message, it instead is rendered into an attachment to the message. I just want to paste the text. Does anyone know why this happens, better yet - how to fix it? Currently I have to past the text into a text editor, and then recopy that into my Outlook mail message. This is getting old fast. Thanks in advance. Sandalls On 2/23/2007 5:01 PM On a whim, Sandalls pounded out on the keyboard > I never had this problem with IE. > > When I co...

Converting Rich Text Format to Plain Text
I have a textbox in my web form for users for "description". What happen is that users usually open a word document and copy the text from the word document to the textbox in my form. This created a problem for my application since the information input from my web form will eventually converted to a text file serving as an input for another application which can only accept plain text. Because of the rich text format, some special characters are not recognized correctly. So, I am wondering if there is a way to convert the text in the textbox from rich text format to plain text format? ...

Text does not wrap correctly in rich text control
Hi, I'm having this problem: 'Text does not wrap correctly in rich text control'. I'm using PB10.5.1. I've done some research on the Web and tried: set the following variable in the pb.ini file: [RichText] PageSizeAsControlSize=1 Should I install PB10.5.2? Does it resolve the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Joan A bit more description about the problem. I have a rich text control in my app. I have tried to set property to 'Wordwrap, which dosen't work. I have tried to set the following variable in the pb.ini file: ...

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Firefox: Plain text copy and paste WITH URL reference
For Firefox 2.0: I have several plugins that will allow copying plain text but what I am seeking is one that copies plain text but prefixes or suffixes the originating page URL on automatically so that it is easy to grab references along with the page address. Is there such a thing already created? Example: If the above were a web page (e.g., on http:://www.copyExample.org) then copying it would allow one to paste TEXT as: Is there such a thing already created? http:://www.copyExample.org ....in a one-step copy, and one step paste. -- Thanks, HerbM ...

Web resources about - Pasting text from Mac apps into rich text controls pastes plain text - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Run-fests no more as bowlers take control in Adelaide
The extent to which batsmen struggled in Adelaide would have exceeded even the most pessimistic of forecasts.

How can people safely take control from a self-driving car?
New cars that can steer and brake themselves risk lulling people in the driver's seat into a false sense of security and even to sleep. One way ...

ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, USB charge iPads
... “smart plugs” previously released by iHome , ConnectSense has debuted the Smart Outlet with Apple HomeKit ($80) , which combines two Siri-controlled ...

Larwyn's Linx: Gun Control Group Calls For Obama To Declare “State of Emergency,” Ban Guns
Send us tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation Gun Control Group: Obama Must Declare ...

‘Enough Is Enough’: Obama Demands More Gun Control After Colorado Shooting
President Obama again turned to gun control as a potential solution to the horrific act

Obama pushes for gun control after Colorado shooting
"This is not normal," president says after gunman fatally shoots three people, including police officer, at Planned Parenthood facility

Windows 10 vs. OS X: Which gives sys admins more control?
Now, nearly everything can be managed as if it were a mobile device, using APIs at the operating system for assured reach and consistent implementation ...

Boldin: Gabbert 'heck of a quarterback, he's poised, under control'
Skip to main content CSN Bay Area Header links TV Listings Contact App Email Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search form Search 43° Navigation ...

Here's How Zuckerberg Is Giving Away 99% Of His Facebook Shares But Staying In Control
Zuckerberg structured his pledge, currently worth $45 billion, so that he maintains voting control of Facebook. Facebook founder and CEO Mark ...