linux version is slower compared to windows version

Name:    deepak
Email:   deepc01atgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
i m using ubuntu 8.10 and have upgraded to firefox 3.5.2 but this
version of version of firefox seems to be slower compared to the windows
version. when i click any image(2mb in size) to enlarge it the linux
version take time to display the image and after when it is displayed,
when i right-click to save the image on my hard-disk, it takes the same
amount of time to save. this is not the case with the windows version.
image is instantly saved after being displayed.i m not sure wat causes
it, hope you guys can figure it out.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
deepak

Windows Version vs. Linux Version
I've noticed one minor difference between the Win and Linux versions. In the Windows version, if I click on the navigation bar's url part the entire contents of the bar are selected and typing clears the selection and replaces it with whatever I type. In the Linux version on my dual boot machine, this doesn't happen. Nothing is highlighted and whatever I type gets appended to whatever is already there. Is this the way it is supposed to be? No big deal -- just curious. Thank you Jack Gillis wrote: > I've noticed one minor difference between the Win...

Diff between windows version and linux version
In the windows version, I can leave messages on server "until I delete them", but the linux version says "until I delete them or move them out of the INBOX" I guess that means if I use a filter to move a message into another folder, the message will be deleted from the server? If so, is there any way to get the windows function in the linux version? Thanks Pete Holsberg wrote: > In the windows version, I can leave messages on server "until I delete > them", but the linux version says "until I delete them or move them out > of th...

New Firefox versions should result in larger file versions that previous firefox versions
Name: Jeff Email: jturner_at_citadel.com Product: Firefox Summary: New Firefox versions should result in larger file versions that previous firefox versions Comments: I work for a company whose software does enterprise vulnerability management. I work with Windows and Windows applications. One of the things we do is install patches to products where needed. We rely on file versions because they are the best bet to know which version of an application is on the system (files are generally where the vulnerabilities reside). If a system�s registry gets �restored� or rolled ...

Portable versions (Linux and Windows) to carry all on USBmemories and run on both Linux and Windows
Name: Luis Lumbreras Picazo Email: LuisdotLumbrerasdotPicazoatgmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Portable versions (Linux and Windows) to carry all on USBmemories and run on both Linux and Windows Comments: I am looking for something extra, not only portable, also multiplatform: Lets say: I want to carry Thunderbird on a USBmemory and be able to run (obviously on Linux running the Linux Portable Version and on Windows running the Windows Portable Version) it in all Linux and also on all Windows so the next steps are possible to be done in secuence: -Start Windows ...

Firefox: Differences between Linux & Windows versions
I have a questions about Firefox under Linux [MDK 10.0/KDE]: On Firefox (0.93/0.10) under *Linux* the standard toolbar icons look larger (mainly vertically) then they do in the equivalent Windows versions. The effect is to make the GUI appear 'chunky' and not particularly attractive. In comparison, the toolbar set up for Konqueror (KDE browser) is far more pleasant to look at and use. Is there a way, perhaps via some javascript file, to alter the size of the toolbar icons OR is there some other Linux configuration issue in force here, not FF itself? Rob Strover wrote...

ASA-Versions an Windows-Versions
Hi I have some questions to ASA-Versions and Windows-Versions: Is ASA 9.0.1 compatible to Windows Vista? Will it be compatible to Windows 2008? I suppose, ASA 10.0.1 is compatible to Windows Vista? Will it also be compatible to Windows 2008? If, not, will there be an ASA 10.x, that is compatible to Windows 2008? When will the ASA 11 come? Thanks in advance, Alex Alex Wittler wrote: > Hi > > I have some questions to ASA-Versions and Windows-Versions: > > Is ASA 9.0.1 compatible to Windows Vista? Will it be compatible to Windows > 2008? >...

Running Windows version of Firefox undr Wine on Linux...
Name: Philip Stephens Email: pstephensatserenitycomputingdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Running Windows version of Firefox undr Wine on Linux... Comments: I am rather disappointed to see that the Linux version of Firefox is so much slower than the Windows version, even running under Wine on Linux it is faster than the native Linux version. As a software developer I appreciate the trade-offs, but Linux is a growing market segment, and will become increasingly significant. In reality, applications tend to decide the platform people will use. Today the web browser is increa...

hi, I have wrongly installed the dutch version of Firefox and I now want to change the language to english. I downloaded the eng version but whenever I over write the eng version and i restart firefox
Name: Henrietta Email: henrietta1dotkinnobathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: hi, I have wrongly installed the dutch version of Firefox and I now want to change the language to english. I downloaded the eng version but whenever I over write the eng version and i restart firefox, the dutch version appears. anyone can help? thanks Henrietta Comments: see summary Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a respons...

use windows plug-ins in linux/unix versions of firefox
it should be possible 2 use some of the wine(www.winehq.com) code to provide more support for windows-only plug-ins in linux versions of firefox,or to code some sort of wrapper plug-in between the installed wine and the installed firefox. what do you think ? regards lordmicr0n(); ...

firefox 3.5 seems slower to open compared to prev version.
Name: jonathan smith Email: jonathanatcymru123dotfreeservedotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3.5 seems slower to open compared to prev version. Comments: as above really. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox version 2.0.0.14 is the worse version of Firefox
Name: fred Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.14 is the worse version of Firefox Comments: After letting Firefox update itself automatically on the computer, the newer version 2.0.0.14 Firefox was not connecting to the server or any other network at all. It was not connecting to the Internet. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; CNPVersion2 - Congoo NetPass; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

How to tell the linux equivalent to Window's firefox in terms of version numbers?
Name: Stuart Email: semurraatsandiadotgov Product: Firefox Summary: How to tell the linux equivalent to Window's firefox in terms of version numbers? Comments: How can I tell I have the same security fixes between my Window's firefox versions and my linux firefox versions. Currently I have Windows firefox version 3.6.3, but my linux boxes are reporting version 3.0.19 as the most current. Am I comparing apples to oranges, or apples to apples? Is there a lag from Windows to linux versions? I would like to know if I need to worry about what has been fixed on Windows is ...

version 2 compared to version 3
Name: James Musselwhite Email: acdskyeatverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: version 2 compared to version 3 Comments: I think overall version 2 was the better one. A large number of the changes are unwanted and undesirable. Such as Tabs at top with no option to move them. I'm going to try and restore version 2 to my system and ignore version 3 be very wary of getting any more updated versions. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 1.1.4322) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note...

This version is not too good compared to the last version
Name: Cynthia Bage Email: cynthbageatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: This version is not too good compared to the last version Comments: I have many reasons to not be happy with this version of Firefox. For one thing, I cannot copy and paste into the bulletin board prompt windows anymore--I have to insert the UBB code one character at a time now instead of being able to use command+V on my Mac keyboard. Also, when I log into my Yahoo! mail I have to use their Classic version instead of their newer version. I can no longer log into my mail using this browser unle...

Web resources about - linux version is slower compared to windows version - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Sheryl Sandberg: Facebook Is ‘A Much Stronger Company’ Compared With One Year Ago
Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg urged attendees at the Reuters Global Technology Summit in San Francisco Wednesday to judge ...

Boston Globe sells for $70 million. Not much compared to...
The NYT sold the Boston Globe to the owner of the Boston Red Sox for $70 million . HootSuite, a Twitter and Facebook utility, raised $165 million ...

Why do so many MIT grads wear their class ring, compared to other colleges?
Answer (1 of 4): I've asked fellow graduates why they wear their ring, and their answers can be fit into a few buckets: pride, conversation piece, ...

$50 Multimeter Shootout - Part 1 - 15 DMMs Compared! - Intro - #0068 - YouTube
Time for a $50 multimeter shootout! This video is part 1, the one where I give a quick intro, and introduce each multimeter one-by-one. The multimeters ...

Medium SUVs compared
We pit nine of the best-selling SUVs against each other.

7-seaters compared: Kia v Honda v Peugeot v Fiat v Subaru (06:38)
We test the latest sub-$40,000 seven-seat people movers to see which one is best in class.

Chainsaw attack in Canberra public service department compared to horror movie
The use of a chainsaw to terrorise a public service department last year has been likened to a horror movie, evoking "fear and terror" in the ...

Australian minister Barnaby Joyce dismisses red meat-cancer link, says processed meat shouldn't be compared ...
Australia's Agricultural Minister believes that the World Health Organisation's claim that processed meat can cause cancer is a “farce.”

Planhacker: iPhone 4S Australian Launch Pricing Compared
Optus, Telstra, Vodafone and Virgin Mobile have all announced their contract launch pricing for the iPhone 4S, which goes on sale this Friday ...

WA on its own compared to other states
WESTERN Australia remains by far the nation's strongest state on most economic valuations, and even its weakest parts outstrip many other jurisdictions, ...