Firefox v3.6 has alienated me from using Firefox

Name:    Matthew Christian
Email:   scramcatatgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Dear Mozilla Folks,

I was happy using Firefox v1, v2, v3.0, and v3.1, but Firefox v3.6 has
turned me off from using Firefox anymore. Here's why.

1) The v3.6 installer did not warn me that my v3.1 installation had add-
ons that weren't supported in v3.6. Suddenly tools I used on a daily
basis no longer worked.

2) There are no versions of my add-ons available for v3.6. Was this
version rushed to release, or are add-on developers tired of new
versions of Firefox rendering the add-ons useless?

3) I wanted to go back to v3.1, but versions earlier than v3.5.7 are no
longer available on the download site. Maybe they're somewhere, but
they're carefully hidden and I can't find them. I'm screwed. I can't go
back to a Firefox that actually worked for me. I can't use the
installation I have.

4) v3.6 is, in general, just too damn busy. Setting now have three
times as many options, most of which are renamed so I don't know what
they're doing. The menus are re-organized. There are all sorts of new
security and privacy features that conflict with my system-level
security and privacy tools. Seriously, aren't web browsers to be mind-
numbingly simple? You navigate to a page, you see a page. Who thought
it was smart to add so many new features, options, bells, and whistles
that maybe 3% of the users will understand or need? And
these "improvements" are at the expense of productivity add-ons that I
needed and used regularly?

5) Help and support are lousy. There's plenty of noise in discussion
forums, but no real "doc" like back in the RTFM days (you're older than
30, right, and you remember documentation?). The forum moderators are
an embarasment. I've actually seen moderators tell a user "maybe you
should be more careful" when he asked if it was possible to recover
some data he lost. The Firefox and Thunderbird support services have
turned into USENET, they're a festering quagmire of disorganized,
disconnected factoids drowning in snark from self-righteous moderators.

So give me Firefox v3.1 back. It worked. It was bloated with minimally
useful options and features, but it worked. I felt proud when I told
friends to give up IE. Not any more.

Matthew Christian
Albuquerque, NM

Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Matthew

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox uses Firefox.

I am using Vista professional, and firefox 3.6 doe s not start correctly. When I hit several times, it starts with several copies of firefox in the applications. Thats why I am unabkle use it.
Name: firefox 3,6 Email: nedimalbayrak2atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am using Vista professional, and firefox 3.6 doe s not start correctly. When I hit several times, it starts with several copies of firefox in the applications. Thats why I am unabkle use it. Comments: I am using Windows Vista professional, and firefox 3.6 does not start correctly. When I hit several times, it starts as one copy but with several copies of firefox in the applications (I saw them when I hit ctrl+alt+del). Thats why I am unable use it. generally it works slower than previous version...

Difficulties with Hotmail using Firefox 3.5.8 and Firefox 3.6
Name: Email: patrick-tbmsoieriesathotmaildotfr Product: Firefox Summary: Difficulties with Hotmail using Firefox 3.5.8 and Firefox 3.6 Comments: Hotmail and Firefox 3.6 : I informed you several times of the almost impossibility to transfer message on Hotmail, using Firefox 3.6 (this problem does not occur with IE8). Consequently, I uninstalled 3.6 to go back to 3.5.8 (or worse, I am using IE8 again !...). But there is now a difficulty with the 3.5.8 version and Hotmail. The button "return" (top left of the screen) does not work properly, means that most of the ...

firefox companion for firefox
Name: william faulks Email: wf010a4342atblueyonderdotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: firefox companion for firefox Comments: great program, been looking for something like this for ages Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Firefox, and Firefox Portable
Name: Brian Email: silverdragona1ataol Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, and Firefox Portable Comments: Feedback. After several hefty fallouts with AOL, and the complete dogs dinner we are presented with that they claim is worthy of using, be it the AOL9 browser, I decided to try Firefox.... I am very annoyed. Why?... because stupidly, I had not tried Firefox EARLIER.... I have now replaced AOL9 completely on all the family computers with Firefox... I am also TOTALLY bewildered as to how you can get a fully functioning Firefox to run on a USB Flash Drive......... I...

Firefox within Firefox
For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox -- verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the internet." This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet, thanks much. However, the destination IP is always along the lines of 206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of my ISP. So I've been saying yes. But I'm wondering why of a sudden this access is taking place, or being questioned, or what...

Firefox, meet the Firefox
Name: brooks Email: brooksonleyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, meet the Firefox Comments: I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange, raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one. Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation [http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Fi...

firefox v3 versus firefox v2
Name: George Stevens Email: georgedotpdotstevensatusdotarmydotmil Product: Firefox Summary: firefox v3 versus firefox v2 Comments: I upgraded to v3 and then found that I could not delete my browser history. So I removed v3 and went back to v2. My impression: V3 has too many bugs. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender fo...

Firefox 3.6: How to kill firefox ?
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6: How to kill firefox ? Comments: Folks, I am an early adopter of Firefox (1.5) and so far have never look back. So imagine my disapointment going from 3.5.8 to 3.6: - Lost all settings including default browser - Firefox 3.6 does not work well at at with gmail, from screen to screen looses things as simple as font size .... and I stopped here and I rolled back to 3.5.8, but honestly this is a real let down. This truly does bad service to Firefox - what happened ? It's behaving WORSE THAN Internet Explorer 7 (this is not ...

Unable to install Firefox Companion for eBay 1.6.6 with Firefox 3.5.6.
Name: Nigel Email: fourakindathotmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Unable to install Firefox Companion for eBay 1.6.6 with Firefox 3.5.6. Comments: Received this error message while trying to install: Firefox Companion for eBay 1.6.6 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.5.6. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://www.mozilla.com/en-GB/add-ons/ebay/feedback/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feed...

"No thanks" to Firefox v5 update in Mac OS X's Firefox v3.6.22.
Hi. When I do an update check, I see "no thanks" button for less than a second. I don't want to upgrade after v3.6.22 (or whatever the latest in v3.6.x series until unsupported). How do I tell Firefox to never check for anything newer than v3.6.x? Thank you in advance. :) -- "PLEASE tell your aardvark that I'm NOT an anthill!" --unknown /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickn...

Can I run Firefox and IE7 to get use to using Firefox before switching over completely.
Can I run Firefox and IE7 to get use to using Firefox before switching over completely. -- Thanks, Paul. Paul Bray wrote: > Can I run Firefox and IE7 to get use to using Firefox before switching over > completely. > > Yes. When you first run FF, it will ask you if you want it to be the default browser: just say no. Paul Bray wrote: > Can I run Firefox and IE7 to get use to using Firefox before switching over > completely. > > Sure, you can even run both at the same time. -- Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net ...

Web resources about - Firefox v3.6 has alienated me from using Firefox - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Restore Our Alienated Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The group's purpose was to fight off U.S. Federal Judge W. Arthur Garrity's court order requiring the city of Boston to implement desegregation ...

Darren Wershler (@alienated) on Twitter

Gay or transgender youth feel alienated by faith-based homeless services
OF THE 105,000 homeless people in Australia, a staggering 42 per cent are aged 12-25. Some have had to leave repressive or violent home lives ...

Terror raids: Is it any wonder that Muslims feel alienated?
The latest police terror raids disgust me. The actions taken by our forces in no way look like anything but a body of people who already have ...

Alienated, paranoid and deadly
Alienated, paranoid and deadly

Canadians in Algeria attack became angry, alienated at home
Two years before the deadly al-Qaeda linked attack on an Algerian refinery, one of the two Canadian militants who participated in the assault ...

Andrea Howath Admits Elements Of Ontario NDP Platform Alienated Labour
TORONTO - New Democrat Leader Andrea Horwath showed some contrition to Ontario's labour movement Tuesday after a disappointing third-place finish ...

First study on Tiger Moms: Kids more depressed with worse grades and alienated from parents
First study on Tiger Moms: Kids more depressed with worse grades and alienated from parents

'Deporter in chief' Obama has alienated Latino voters
New report reveals how Obama's immigration law enforcement priorities compare with the Bush administration's

QOTD: Frankly, We've Alienated Enough of Our Hardware Partners Already With Surface
No, we do not [plan to build a smartphone]. … We have a strong ecosystem of partners that we are very satisfied with. — Greg Sullivan , senior ...