firefox lock up when downloading multiple downloads

Name:    m jeffrey slebodnick
Email:   eagle4teach86atlivedotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
ok, its only been 1 hour since i downloaded the new firefox 3 beta 3
i tried to download theater of war demo setup file (586 mB)

at the same time, i browsed to historical simulations incorporated website
tried to open a 6 mb pdf file

opened the 1st page, then locked firefox with 456 k of 6.10 mb
downloaded of pdf file ... using latest adobe reader 8.1.2

seems that i should be able to perform multiple downloads, and open a
pdf file at the same time...
??

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118463 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Clicking download button at download.cnet.com locks up Firefox and PC if cookies not allowed.
Name: Email: brothnineatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Clicking download button at download.cnet.com locks up Firefox and PC if cookies not allowed. Comments: If I am not allowing cookies, this is consistent, and occurs even after a clean install of Windows XP Home, and with the latest non-beta version of Firefox (currently 3.5.3). For example: http://download.cnet.com/Macrium-Reflect-Free-Edition/3000-2242_4-10845728.html - Try clicking the download button. It will cause 100% CPU usage, and Task Manager can not shut it down. Can not X out of anything. Can not Restar...

Downloading Firefox also downloads an Excel file that...
Name: John Mendenhall Email: jose4_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Downloading Firefox also downloads an Excel file that... Comments: Downloading Firefox also downloads an Excel file that opens the Microsoft Office 30-day Trial on my IMac G5. The same with Firefox 1.5 beta (also the legit 1.5 download registers as "Interrupted" and is gibberish to StuffIt. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050427 Camino/0.8.4 ...

IE locks downloads in Firefox
I have locked IE like Steve has suggested. High security on IE. In Firefox, I cannot download an EXE file. Reverse the IE settings to default Medium, the EXE in Firefox comes thru. Is firefox using some part of IE or at least some of its settings? this is scarry. Thoughts? Thanks Art On 1/25/2010 1:48 PM, Art wrote: > I have locked IE like Steve has suggested. High security on IE. In > Firefox, I cannot download an EXE file. Reverse the IE settings to default > Medium, the EXE in Firefox comes thru. > Is firefox using some part of IE or at least some of ...

Firefox locks up while ads download
Name: Ron Steinhauser Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox locks up while ads download Comments: I am really tired of Firefox locking up/freezing while it downloads ads. I see "ads.doubleclick.net" all the time showing waiting for data. Give me back my cursor! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

FireFox locks after starting to download
Name: Pat Engel Email: cty62375atcenturyteldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox locks after starting to download Comments: Prior to FireFox 2.0.10 I had no problems downloading files. From about 2.011 on through 3.0 FireFox will start to download and lock. Try as I may FireFox remains locked until I reboot. I can run other programs while FireFox is locked. If I reboot and use "Restore Previous .." it will promptly lock again. Opera or IE7 have no problems downloading files. I have done many of the things mentioned to clear this up. Nothing works including a cl...

Downloading files within Firefox does not show up in download manager
Name: Gary Traverson Email: beachcomberatnycdotrrdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Downloading files within Firefox does not show up in download manager Comments: I tried to download a file and the download manager screen is displayed but no file is present. Check default download directory and the file is there. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for...

WINDOWS SLEEPS DURING FIREFOX DOWNLOAD because Firefox does not call SetThreadExecutionState
Name: WILLIAM PENGELLY Email: BILLPENGELLYatGMAILdotCOM Product: Firefox Summary: WINDOWS SLEEPS DURING FIREFOX DOWNLOAD because Firefox does not call SetThreadExecutionState Comments: According to the Windows forums the "sleeping during download" problem is with Firefox, and not Windows. According to this webpage http://superuser.com/questions/18285/prevent-windows-7-pc-from-sleeping-while-a-download-is-in-progress it is the duty of the downloading program to reset the system idle timer by calling SetThreadExecutionState with ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED. Browser Details:...

Firefox download window does not offer a link to the download location
Name: Ardavan Tehrani Email: Ardavanatdsldotstanforddotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox download window does not offer a link to the download location Comments: Hello, I use a web based product for IP management, and have to download documents all the time. However, the Firefox download window does not offer a link to the download location. Each time, one has to go through a whole lot of steps of going through windows directory structure in order to access the downloaded documents. Windows IE download box, offers a "open folder" button, that takes one di...

Where does firefox stores the automatically downloaded update file of firefox
When firefox downloads newer version of firefox for updation, where does it store that download file? ok. it stores that in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\updates but where does it move that after updating? I want to save that downloaded file so that I can use it to install firefox in case I format my harddisk, or I can take it in my pendrive to some friend's place or to some cyber cafe in case my net is not working. thanks. On 4/13/2007 2:08 AM, Tbird Leader V S Rawat radioed the tower to announce: > When firefox downloads newer version of firefox for updation,...

I have been receiving many Firefox 2.0.0.4 downloads or attempted downloads since I first installed it. Please stop, it is using up my download allowance and costing me money.
Name: Jeff Email: jeffatnetspeeddotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: I have been receiving many Firefox 2.0.0.4 downloads or attempted downloads since I first installed it. Please stop, it is using up my download allowance and costing me money. Comments: Please stop, it is using up my download allowance and costing me money. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

My Firefox 4 Beta Feedback Button tells me to download the new Beta Version to be able to give feedback
Name: Markus Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: My Firefox 4 Beta Feedback Button tells me to download the new Beta Version to be able to give feedback Comments: Mac OS X Version 10.6.4 Firefox 4 Beta 1 Feedback: Firefox Feedback Button redirects my request to leave a feedback to a page which is telling me to download the new beta version first even though I am obviously using it. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for...

Downloading Firefox
Name: Nicola Palmer Email: nicolapa_at_blueyonder.co.uk Product: Firefox Summary: Downloading Firefox Comments: When downloaded Firefox from your website to a Mac running OSX the download 'logo' appeared on desktop as Excel file with .org as suffix. Only by asking Teckie friend who changed suffix to.dmg could I proceed. I Thoughtyou would want to know as you may be loosing customers this way (if they dont have Teckie Friends!) Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox downloading
Name: Jen Email: jennbrock Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox downloading Comments: Each time a message appears, to "install the latest version of Firefox", I accept the terms and agreements, and Mozilla Firefox can NEVER restart w/ new configuration! I am obliged each time to re-download the free versiou (2.0) offered online to be able to use Firefox as my browser. Why does this happen? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Web resources about - firefox lock up when downloading multiple downloads - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Uploading and downloading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... include a web server , FTP server, email server, or other similar systems. A download can mean either any file that is offered for downloading ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
... with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, and share uploading and downloading ...

I'm Downloading on the App Store on iTunes
Get I'm Downloading on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Why is Dropbox so slow at downloading?
I've upgraded to the new version, and have relinked the machine that was upgraded. It's downloading at 5K per second. Why so slow? This is on ...

Password Hacks, Downloading Movies Legally, and Bluetooth Headphones - YouTube
This week on the podcast we're talking about everybody getting hacked, the best browser for privacy, and sex myths debunked. We're also answering ...

Stars fear illegal downloading
Stars fear illegal downloading

You Might Not Get Fined For Downloading Dallas Buyers Club
Dallas Buyers Club pirates and torrenters, there may be a shining light at the end of the dark tunnel ahead of you. The studio behind the movie ...

Australian anti-piracy crusader Graham Burke on illicit downloading, failure and exercise
Anti-piracy crusader Graham Burke says his company will soon be prepared to sue pirates.

Music Piracy - Illegal Downloading - Kazaa - Woman Loses Appeal
US woman loses $222,000 music downloading appeal

iiNet - Illegal Film Downloading - Piracy - Copyright - BitTorrent - File Sharing
IN THE movie industry's landmark case over illegal film downloads, internet service provider iiNet has launched its counter-attack, calling the ...