Firefox 3.0.3 renders css differently than firefox 2.0.17

Name:    David Gens
Email:   david2thegreate-scapedotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
The css was verified using http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and works
just fine on the version 2 but not on version 3.  I'll be glad to send
you the css file and the the html files if you need them.  If you could
point me to any information as to the diferences in the two css engines
I'll try to get you any information I can gleen

Thanks

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
David

Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2, 3.0.3 Post Mortem
Hey all, We'll be doing a post-mortem on the recent branch releases - long overdue, sorry for the delay in scheduling. Details: * Thursday - 2:00pm Pacific, 5:00pm Eastern, 21:00 UTC * Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room * 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) * 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US) * irc.mozilla.org #postmortem for backchannel Agenda * identifying problems that caused the respins * identifying issues missed which caused 3.0.3 * analysis of large vs. small releases * communic...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3
Name: J. Gonyeau Email: gja352atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: The following has been an ongoing problem for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows XP SP3. In both products, Firefox 3.0 and 3.0.3, the home page (I usually have 3 tabbed sites on startup) disappears and a black page appears. When I press the home button, I get the Mozilla Google page. The only way of getting the correct home is to reload Firefox. The problem is occurring on a 1-3 day interval. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

Firefox 2.0.0.17 has been perfect; Firefox 3 is a headache
Name: Hollis Denn Email: anchantedot00atattdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.17 has been perfect; Firefox 3 is a headache Comments: My main machine has 2 installed, and it is a joy to use. My old machine went to Apple, for a last repair, under AppleCare (warranty). Since they wiped the hard drive, and installed many updates, incuding Firefox 3. Then, my new machine away, and l used 3. The "awesome bar", as others have said, IS NOT. And the bookmkarking, upon which l heavily rely, is VERY inferior, rendering the fox unfriendly. Even setting the h...

How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4
After I updated to firefox 3.0.4 I could no longer connect to the internet. Says server not found. Tried several web sites, including google and yahoo. It appears that the problem is with zonealarm firewall. If I turn off the firewall, the pages load. However, zonealarm normaly would ask me to allow it to connect to the internet. But is not since asking me about firefox, just blocking it. Never had that problem before. So while I figure that out, just like to go back to 3.0.3 Thanks for any help I can get. On 16.11.2008 09:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate ca...

Firefox 3.0.2 and 3.0.3
Name: Bob Duncan Email: golfsavvyatmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 Comments: So, my Firefox was updated and the message said I was running 3.0.2, and that "For security reasons, we recommend downloading the latest and greatest version." So, under Firefox 3 Release notes the links included "What's new in Firefox 3.0.2". Then, there is a download link to Firefox 3.0.3. But it doesn't say that 3.0.3 is newer with better features and should be downloaded. Now this seems silly, but since you don't say that either 3.0...

Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Jack Werner Email: jndotwernerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 and lost functionality. My home page no longer "sticks" between repeated invocations of firefox. My Usernames don't "stick" either. With 2.0.0.20 I have this functionality. That is why I backleveled to it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expe...

Firefox 3.0 & Firefox 2.0
Name: Kenneth Chen Email: kennethchen135athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 & Firefox 2.0 Comments: I've used the newest version of Firefox 3.0 & found not satisfactory to read Chinese language of Character Code "Traditional Big 5". The words overlap to each other & are difficult to read. Some websites of English language are still in the version of Firefox 2.0. So the lines of some part of the website are overlapping and are difficult to read in the version Firefox 3.0. The website of Westpac Bank www.westpac.com.au is an exa...

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons
Name: Nikita Email: rcplain123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons Comments: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons. The simple colors of Beta 3 "Back" and "Forward" buttons end up looking better. Also the skinny "Refresh" and "Stop" buttons do not look good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Will Continue to use Firefox 2.0.0.20, not upgrade to Firefox 3.0
Name: Rick Brazitis Email: brazitisatsilverlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Will Continue to use Firefox 2.0.0.20, not upgrade to Firefox 3.0 Comments: You require, if the user has Microsoft products, either Windows 2000, XP, or Vista. I use Windows 98SE. I have tried later Microsoft products, but the improvements offered do not justify the increase in Microsoft product control of "owners" (I used my Win98SE CD to put an OS on 12 PC's that a local non-profit was giving away to local smaller non-profits, after the local non-profit upgraded to XP and the PC&...

Firefox 2.0.0.3 and 2.0.0.4
In order to fix a small number of serious regressions, we are looking to do a very quick 2.0.0.3/1.5.0.11 release to pick up some fixes for recent regressions. 2.0.0.4/1.5.0.12 will be the next regular security/stability releases. 2.0.0.3 blockers https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi? keywords_type=nowords&keywords=fixed1.8.1.3 +verified1.8.1.3&field0-0-0=flagtypes.name&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=b locking1.8.1.3%2B&order=map_assigned_to.login_name,bugs.bug_id We are going to be looking at nominations over the next few days, based on the follo...

Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2?
Name: Russell Nelson Email: rnelsonatgenedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2? Comments: I am currently using a version of Firefox with the version number of 2.0.0.3. This is the second time that I have been told that it has now been updated to a newer version of Firefox with a version number of 2.0.0.2. I assume that 2.0.0.3 is newer (and better) than version 2.0.0.2. How can I stop this "update"? Russ Nelson 650-225-7212 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070...

Firefox 3.0.2 / 2.0.0.17 delayed until next week
Hi all, A regression discovered late in our Firefox 3.0.2 / 2.0.0.17 beta period (see bug 454406) has required that we rebuild Firefox 3.0.2, which will delay our ship date by about a week. We've also taken three opportunistic ride along patches which have demonstrated value and low risk profiles: - Removed EULA from Open Source version of FF (bug 443918) - Patched a binary which was causing crashes at startup with RoboForm (bug 455283) - Updated the eTLD list (bug 454816) We're still working through an exact schedule, but we hope to be able to ship ...

Web resources about - Firefox 3.0.3 renders css differently than firefox 2.0.17 - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Facebook vs Twitter – How Smart Marketers Use Both Differently
The following is an excerpt. The complete article, available in our Facebook Marketing Bible, includes more key differences between Twitter and ...

What Amazing Leaders Do Differently
... to find myself surrounded by some incredible young leaders, be mentored by a few wise executives, and spend time What Amazing Leaders Do Differently ...

Frame'n Splits - A gorgeous way to join textures and differently shaped borders for arty shaped picz ...
Get Frame'n Splits - A gorgeous way to join textures and differently shaped borders for arty shaped picz creation! on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Defining targets differently - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Different ambitions, skills and experience in defining targets Free download

Does Google treat 404 and 410 status codes differently? - YouTube
Does Google do anything different when encountering a 404 versus a 410? Blind Five Year Old, SF, CA Have a question? Ask it in our Webmaster ...

Teen challenge: how the young are working differently
Youth unemployment is on the rise. But it's a different challenge to what it used to be.

IN GOOD COMPANY: What 11 CEOs would do differently if they were starting their careers again
Steve Atkinson, CEO and Founder, JustRideit.com.au would outsource company finances to the experts. What would you do? Established business leaders ...

Baby Mabel doctor 'wouldn't do anything differently'
An obstetrician has defended his care of an obese woman whose baby died two hours after birth, saying he would not do anything differently in ...

Men and women really do see things differently
FOR any woman who has ever despaired at her other half's choice of clothes, this may come as little surprise - the sexes see colours differently. ...

Brits chat, Americans work, Chinese sleep or shop: How we fly differently
For men, the most pressing issue before a trip is whether the flight will depart on schedule; for women, it’s getting to the airport on time—that’s ...