Firefox 3 Beta 2 versus Firefox 2 Memory Usage

Name:    Mike Lewis
Email:   mrlbpatbigponddotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Very heavy surfing for half an hour with Firefox 2 used 651.5 Meg of RAM
and slowed it down a lot.
Surfing the same sites for the same time with Firefox 3 Beta 2 used 148
Meg and didn't slow it down.
I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 with 1 Gig of RAM on a 3 GHz Pentium 4
chip.  The memory usage figures were from Windows Task Manager.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2
0
Mike
1/1/2008 7:24:59 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118463 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

In Firefox 3 Beta 3, Flash video is choppy and memory usage is 10% more than Firefox 2
Name: Firas MR Email: firasmr786atgmaildotcom Product: Other (please state) Summary: In Firefox 3 Beta 3, Flash video is choppy and memory usage is 10% more than Firefox 2 Comments: Hi, I'm on Ubuntu Linux Feisty Fawn. I've noticed that Flash isn't working properly in Firefox 3 Beta 3. Flash performance was significantly better with Firefox 2. Although I have to say that even with Firefox 2, it wasn't entirely satisfactory partly because of Firefox's memory footprint. Using the 'top' command, Firefox 2 shows Memory usage at 35%. Firefox 3 Beta 3...

The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2.
Name: User Email: peanutbutter685atyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2. Comments: The layout of Firefox 3 Beta 2 looks better than Firefox 3 Beta 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Can I downgrade from Firefox 3 Beta 2 to Firefox 2 (latest release)
Hi, Since last 2 days I have been experiencing slow performance with Firefox 3 Beta 2 version. It just keeps spinning and the site never reloads or refreshes, making to impossible to work. So can I downgrade to Firefox 2 (latest release)? Will I lose anything or Firefox will keep all the settings and information? Thanks. ...

Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 is considerably slower than Firefox 2.0
Name: MrMister Email: mrmister001athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 is considerably slower than Firefox 2.0 Comments: Even Internet Explorer is faster. Sometimes, Firefox 3.1 is extremely slow loading websites. This seems to be a random thing, sometimes go faster other times go slower. Be sure I did the test perfectly. My connection was not saturated downloading stuff... neither I had my computer with all the resources taken and going to crash. I had perfectly my resources in windows, was monitoring the system and my DSL conne...

Problems with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 beta 3
Name: Pete Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 beta 3 Comments: When updated Firefox 2 to 1.0.0.12 and uninstalling previous version. It also removed Firefox 3 beta 3 from my computer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Firefox 3 versus Firefox 2
Name: Donald Ganung Email: dganungathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 versus Firefox 2 Comments: I didn't like Firefox 3 as you guys never seem to consider our bookmarks and regulate them to some other place that then I must in search of. Also you didn't allow Real Player to come in and download videos, that was a real burn and I took it out of my system saying on some other form I NEVER wanted Firefox 3. This is feedback. I'm happy with Firefox 2. I look carefully and will restore it if you screw it up again. At least your latest update left the ...

Firefox 2 versus Firefox 3
Name: Nickey Barnard Email: nbarnardatbrookesdotacdotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2 versus Firefox 3 Comments: I just thought you might like to know that I've just changed back to Firefox 2 for the second time after trying out Firefox 3 - I can't bear it! I can't go back to the page I want because 3 won't tell me what it is - there's a little symbol now, instead of text - and that's useless to me. For example, the Livejournal symbol 15 times in a row, does not help me get back to the page I want! Also, I hated the way that I can zoom in on ...

firefox 3 beta 2 feedback #2
Name: Anil Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3 beta 2 feedback Comments: We (multiple people) don't like the drop down list that comes up when we type the URL in the URL field at the top. Its very odd looking. It takes up too much space and too much text/graphics, its hard to read what exactly is being shown. I liked the old behavior. Just some feedback... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Firefox 3 beta 2 feedback #2
Name: John Miller Email: gladasnubben2atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 beta 2 feedback Comments: I think its nice good luck with making it better ;) a site it cant show very good: www.playahead.se when u login the navigating above is messed up :( Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Feedback on Firefox 3 beta 2 #2
Name: Yannick Email: Yannick19911athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback on Firefox 3 beta 2 Comments: Hi there! I think the short way to downloads still is missing. (ctrl+y) Best Regards Yannick Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 "Yannick" wrote... > > I think the short way to downloads still is missing. (ctrl+y) > > Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 That shortcut is...

Possible memory leak in version 3.5.2 (Win Xp). High memory usage if Firefox left unattended for 2-3 days.
Name: B. Dimak Email: dimakbatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Possible memory leak in version 3.5.2 (Win Xp). High memory usage if Firefox left unattended for 2-3 days. Comments: There is a possible memory leak in Firefox v3.5.2 on Windows Xp version. If Firefox is left active for 2-3 days in background, very large memory usage brings system to nearly a halt. System: Pentium 4 2.4 Mhz, 1GB memory, multiple 300 GB hard disks. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http:/...

Going back from Firefox 3 to Firefox 2 #2
Name: Colin Klein Email: colink1946atwestnetdotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Going back from Firefox 3 to Firefox 2 Comments: I hate the new URL bar with all the bookmarks and stars in it, and it sounds far to complicated to get rid of the bookmarks, and stars out of the URL bar, if there is no easy way to fix this I am going back to Firefox 2 as I absolutele hate Firefox 3. There are some sites which load alright on IE, but some of the text overlaps on Firefox used to fix this by decreasing the text size, but could see where to do that on Firefox 3. Regards Colin....

Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 Feedback #2
Name: Bogdan Lupandin Email: elitezenithwebatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 Feedback Comments: I'm using the Russian version, and I'm typing in English... every word I type is underlined in red... just saying that maybe you should put in English words as well to the reader? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not ...

Feedback for Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 #2
Name: Darin Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback for Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 Comments: Hello! I'm using Firefox 3.1 beta 2. Would it be possible when you type in a web address to be able to press enter afterward so that it takes you to the site you are wanting to go to? I have noticed that when I do it with this beta version that nothing happens. I have to go over and click to send the information so that I can get to the site. I believe this was a part of the other Firefox releases (and other web browsers as well), and would love for it to be a part of ...

Web resources about - Firefox 3 Beta 2 versus Firefox 2 Memory Usage - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox