Downloading files within Firefox does not show up in download manager

Name:    Gary Traverson
Email:   beachcomberatnycdotrrdotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I tried to download a file and the download manager screen is displayed
but no file is present.  Check default download directory and the file
is there.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2
From URL:

see it.
0
Gary
12/22/2008 1:37:42 PM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118463 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

sometimes can be error. than, i hope firefox create download manager to manage file when we download a file.
Name: epongmayana@gmail.com Email: epongmayanaatgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: sometimes can be error. than, i hope firefox create download manager to manage file when we download a file. Comments: i thing pre-release version of firefox is good, but if try, sometimes it can't be open. i like the template,so don't change it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090407 Minefield/3.6a1pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback b...

How do I force Firefox to hand off downloads of .exe files to an external download manager?
It does all right with archives and non-program files, but a lot of installers are executables (and huge)... Without high-speed access and on a line that is intermittently noisy, I need Firefox to treat exe download files like any other archive and hand them off to my download manager... and there doesn't appear to be any simple way to do it in Firefox 1.5 Thanks in advance phorbin phorbin wrote: > > It does all right with archives and non-program files, but a lot of > installers are executables (and huge)... > > Without high-speed access a...

Downloading Firefox also downloads an Excel file that...
Name: John Mendenhall Email: jose4_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Downloading Firefox also downloads an Excel file that... Comments: Downloading Firefox also downloads an Excel file that opens the Microsoft Office 30-day Trial on my IMac G5. The same with Firefox 1.5 beta (also the legit 1.5 download registers as "Interrupted" and is gibberish to StuffIt. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050427 Camino/0.8.4 ...

when downloading files bigger than 2GB the progress bar in Download Manager shows negative numbers when the download proceeds further than the 2GB limit
Name: mats bauer Product: Firefox Summary: when downloading files bigger than 2GB the progress bar in Download Manager shows negative numbers when the download proceeds further than the 2GB limit Comments: bug occured with version 1.0.6. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6 ...

Where does firefox stores the automatically downloaded update file of firefox
When firefox downloads newer version of firefox for updation, where does it store that download file? ok. it stores that in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\updates but where does it move that after updating? I want to save that downloaded file so that I can use it to install firefox in case I format my harddisk, or I can take it in my pendrive to some friend's place or to some cyber cafe in case my net is not working. thanks. On 4/13/2007 2:08 AM, Tbird Leader V S Rawat radioed the tower to announce: > When firefox downloads newer version of firefox for updation,...

No Download Manager showing up in Firefox 1.5
For some reason, the Download Manager is not showing up anymore, no matter what I do. I have "Show download manager when a download begins" checked on in the options tab. I have tried installing and uninstalling the Download Statusbar extension and that doesn't work either. When I click on the "Display progress of ongoing downloads" it appears, but I shouldn't have to do that... Any ideas on how to fix this very irritating problem? ...

Every time I connect to the internet, my download manager attempts to download Firefox.
Name: Suren Email: suren239atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Every time I connect to the internet, my download manager attempts to download Firefox. Comments: Every time I connect to the internet, my download manager attempts to download Firefox. This issue started some time ago, with the last FF2.x updates. It is now continuing with Firefox 3.0.1 Is there something I can do to stop this happening? Thanks Suren Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

[SM1.1a] Download Manager shows wrong size for downloaded files
Hi! I noticed in SeaMonkey 1.1a, that the Download Manager sometimes shows the wrong file size in the 'Transferred' Column. Have a look at http://www.aquachan.de/moz/DLManager.png (the left side is intentionally blanked out by me). All downloads are completely finished, but some have a 'y of x' value in 'Transferred', where y is smaller than x (for example the Download of the latest SeaMonkey 1.1 Nightly). So the update of the already transferred bytes stops before the download is completely finished. There are no error messages in Error Console or ...

Firefox 2 on XP desktop will not download Firefox 3 file.
Name: Jeff Bingham Email: jbingham1atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2 on XP desktop will not download Firefox 3 file. Comments: I have been using Firefox 2 for some time; tried to download Firefox 3 and get to the "save file" window and when I hit save it asks if I want to overwrite the existing Firefox setup 3.0.exe file, (which has 0 bytes and is non-functional) and when I select yes, it simply closes the window and nothing is transferred to me computer but an empty, unusable file. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv...

firefox: launch a download under the download manager with a double clichk instead of one click
hello :) ...

Firefox 3 beta 4----Downloads don't show up on the download screen.
Name: b-raz Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 beta 4----Downloads don't show up on the download screen. Comments: Firefox 3 beta 4----Downloads don't show up on the download screen. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Clicking download doesn't download file in Firefox 3 Beta 4
Name: Henrik Gustavsson Email: HenrikdotGustavssonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Clicking download doesn't download file in Firefox 3 Beta 4 Comments: Clicking on a file and saving it to disk doesn't always work. I had to right click and save as before it showed up on my drive. The download started but didn't finalize. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox downloads window doesn't show files
I don't recall installing beagle indexer for firefox but after it was installed the firefox downloads window stopped working. I removed beagle but still when I make a download the window pops up and shows the file being downloaded, but as soon as the download is complete it is cleared from the window so that only a blank window is left. Any ideas how to fix this. I tried the old windows trick of uninstalling and reinstalling firefox but that did nothing. I get the same results using kde4 and gnome. opensuse 11 -- AntoniosX ------------------------------------------...

Your Firefox browser version 3.5.2 free download cannot be downloaded, file is defective / corrupt
Name: Peter Wisniewski Email: Peter_Wisniewskiatwebdotde Product: Firefox Summary: Your Firefox browser version 3.5.2 free download cannot be downloaded, file is defective / corrupt Comments: Yes, relevant your new "super" Firefox 3.5.2 which is being offered to download for free, well, I have but NEWS for you, folks, ----- your Firefox version 3.5.2 CANNOT I reiterate, it can NOT NOT be downloaded at all, BECAUSE exactly as error message on the screen advises, "file is CORRUPT". Right, the entire file is > 7 MB, but only 1 MB is ...

Web resources about - Downloading files within Firefox does not show up in download manager - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Uploading and downloading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... include a web server , FTP server, email server, or other similar systems. A download can mean either any file that is offered for downloading ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
... with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, and share uploading and downloading ...

I'm Downloading on the App Store on iTunes
Get I'm Downloading on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Why is Dropbox so slow at downloading?
I've upgraded to the new version, and have relinked the machine that was upgraded. It's downloading at 5K per second. Why so slow? This is on ...

XBMCTorrent Plugin for Downloading or Streaming to XBMC from Torrent Sites ( i.e. PirateBay) - YouTube ...
YouTube: http://YouTube.com/user/xbmchelper XBMCast: http://xbmchelper.squarespace.com Official: http://xbmchelper.webs.com Website: http:// ...

Has downloading killed the video star?
It's a ritual as old as VHS.

You Might Not Get Fined For Downloading Dallas Buyers Club
Dallas Buyers Club pirates and torrenters, there may be a shining light at the end of the dark tunnel ahead of you. The studio behind the movie ...

Downloading movies and TV is not a crime
You wouldn't steal a car... but a movie or television show? Most of us seem fine with that.

Music Piracy - Illegal Downloading - Kazaa - Woman Loses Appeal
US woman loses $222,000 music downloading appeal

An epidemic in illegal downloading
Missing one episode of West Wing, thanks to constant schedule changes, was enough to set Mark and Kim down the road to online piracy.