bookmarks toolbar, bookmarks menu & unsorted bookmarks

Name:
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Millions of people hate bookmarks toolbar, bookmarks menu & unsorted
bookmarks! But you seem to be arrogant enough to continue to force them
onto everyone.
This is the sort of thing that Microsoft do all the time to their users!
The end user must be able to decide what they want to do with them by
allowing us to remove, keep or hide them.
Why is Mozilla Firefox acting like a Microsoft clone?
Shame on you

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
hendrix
10/14/2010 6:44:33 PM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118463 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu, Unsorted Bookmarks stay untranslated after reinstall
A friend of mine had Fx installed by someone, but that someone installed the wrong version (en-US). So I downloaded the Dutch (nl) version and installed it on top it. Everything seemed fine, but then I saw these were still in English: Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu, Unsorted Bookmarks. Everything else is, as you can see, <http://oi51.tinypic.com/2hn42tl.jpg> in Dutch. I can't seem to be able to rename these three (already tried uninstall and reinstall, with the same profile). Is there a way I can change them /without/ doing a complete uninstall and reinstall? ...

Bookmark Toolbar in bookmark menu
Name: Greg Miller Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmark Toolbar in bookmark menu Comments: I strongly dislike how FireFox3 doesn't allow me to get rid of "Bookmark Toolbar" in the book mark menu. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Bookmarks are only sorted in bookmark manager, not in bookmark menu
Name: Elke Andresen Email: 18a7ademaatlycosdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks are only sorted in bookmark manager, not in bookmark menu Comments: Bookmarks can only be sorted e.g. alphabetically while in bookmark manager but these changes are not reflected on the bookmark menu (i.e. they remain unsorted). The bookmark menu can only be manually sorted. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; de; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008061004 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Swappable Bookmarks Toolbar: Make it so you can take any Bookmark "Folder" from your bookmarks and make it the active Bookmark Toolbar "swap toolbar"
Name: Glen Burton Email: glenburton2004atearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Swappable Bookmarks Toolbar: Make it so you can take any Bookmark "Folder" from your bookmarks and make it the active Bookmark Toolbar "swap toolbar" Comments: Swappable Bookmarks Toolbar Basic Idea: Make it so you can take any FOLDER (from your bookmarks), and make it the active Bookmark Toolbar... "swap toolbar" Summery: Make the contents of every Folder in "Bookmarks" a possible Bookmark Toolbar. Make it so you can take any Bookmark fol...

Firefox: Bookmarks (Bookmark Here)
Name: Okorie Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox: Bookmarks (Bookmark Here) Comments: When browsing the Bookmarks branches from the menu, it would be most efficient to have a 'Bookmark Here' item at the top of each branch. An example of this feature can be seen with the ScrapBook add-on (by Gomita). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC)...

Bookmarks and Bookmarks toolbar
Name: Pete Alonzo Email: aralonzoatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks and Bookmarks toolbar Comments: I set my most visited websites and online email sites into the bookmarks and bookmarks toolbar several times. With no apparent reasons there all are gone or reset to nothing. I did not reinstall or update my firefox. Is there bugs or virus on my PC? Thanks, Pete Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Menu BookMarks/BookMark
Name: aurelie Email: aureliedotneveuatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Menu BookMarks/BookMark Comments: Menu BookMarks/BookMark This Page : The buttons 'CANCEL' & 'DONE' are not placed correctly. Invert them. Instinctively you choose DONE or YES or OK on the left side, and CANCEL on the right side. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar
Name: Jacqui Email: jhgeorgiatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar Comments: I have had multiple problems with bookmarks on the latest version and this beta version of Firefox. I am using the beta version because it is the only version of Firefox that will run on my computer (running Windows XP). I can not get the bookmarks to work even after following instructions on the support/help page. Some of my bookmarks are accessible through the "Organize Bookmarks" option, but the rest seem to be in the wind. Will not load backup bookma...

Bookmarks in Bookmarks Toolbar
Name: Paul Email: wettervogelatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Bookmarks in Bookmarks Toolbar Comments: It appears that double bookmarks (i.e., the same bookmark in the ordinary bookmark list and at the same time in the very useful Bookmarks Toolbar are no longer possible. I see no reason for this, and I miss my bookmarks that have been in my bookmark list for years now being removed from it just because I duplicated them to the Bookmarks Toolbar. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008061004 Firefox/3...

bookmark/bookmark toolbar
Name: Email: mgoglioatheadroycedotorg Product: Firefox Summary: bookmark/bookmark toolbar Comments: Hi there, I'm just about to dump Firefox for good. I've been plagued with problems through a couple of versions and though I hate to, unless I can figure out the solution soon, I'm jumping ship. When I open Organize Bookmarks, I see nothing in my library. I tried dragging the icon from Markup.io to my toolbar and was unable. I can't modify my toolbar because the customize feature under View doesn't work. I spent several hours trying to fix the problem wit...

Bookmarks on the Bookmarks Toolbar
In FF 12.0 I suddenly noticed that the Bookmarks Toolbar has the Bookmarks link at the very far right. I must have done something to get that there, but I can't figure out what. As I have already Bookmarks on the Menu Bar I like to remove Bookmarks from the Bookmarks Toolbar. How can I do that? Dempsey wrote: > In FF 12.0 I suddenly noticed that the Bookmarks Toolbar has the > Bookmarks link at the very far right. I must have done something to get > that there, but I can't figure out what. > > As I have already Bookmarks on the Menu Bar I like to remove B...

bookmarks context menu in bookmarks toolbar
Name: Email: shimerazcatxatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: bookmarks context menu in bookmarks toolbar Comments: No bookmarks menu is available in the Firefox for Mac bookmarks toolbar, so 'open link in a new window' is not an option. This is inexcusable, since this is available in the Windows version of Firefox!! There is a bug report for this, bug 300710, but find I cannot register a vote, or votes, on it for some reason. I would like to vote my maximum number of votes on it. 1000, I believe. PLEASE fix this issue to provide a context menu in the next F...

Firefox Bookmarks folder on Bookmarks toolbar
How can I put the bookmarks folder on the bookmarks toolbar, so its like Mozilla? thanks dinkmeister wrote: > How can I put the bookmarks folder on the bookmarks toolbar, so its like > Mozilla? > > thanks > > > If it isn't there already, try right-clicking the bookmarks toolbar, then dragging the "Bookmarks" item from the popup to the toolbar. IIUC, the contents of the "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder" (which you can see in the Bookmarks Manager opened by Bookmarks -> Manage bookmarks...) should then appear there when you clo...

Bookmarks Toolbar in Bookmarks Menu (Minefield)
How come you can get to the Bookmarks Toolbar folder from the Bookmarks menu? ...

Web resources about - bookmarks toolbar, bookmarks menu & unsorted bookmarks - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Bookmark (World Wide Web) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the context of the World Wide Web , a bookmark is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) that is stored for later retrieval in any of various ...

Mobile Bookmarks To Be Limited To Games That Work With Both Facebook Canvas, Mobile
Facebook announced a change in how bookmarks for applications will be displayed, saying in a post on its developer blog that only games that ...

Facebook tests new gifts prompt, bookmark ads on mobile
Facebook appears to be testing a new ad unit on mobile (sponsored apps in the bookmarks bar) and has started putting birthday notifications in ...

Why no toolbar/bookmarks in Chrome on tablets?
... has. Why no icons at the top of the window? For example, this is what the browser window I'm using now has in its chrome. This kind of bookmark ...

Pinswift - the Pinboard bookmark client for iOS 7 on the App Store on iTunes
Get Pinswift - the Pinboard bookmark client for iOS 7 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. Bring the complete ...

Share Google Bookmarks - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
searchengineland.com/google-bookmarks-lists-38717

How to recover bookmarks in Google Chrome - YouTube
Did you lose your valuable and hard-to-get bookmarks in Google Chrome or other data in it? Here is how to recover all of them completely and ...

Bookmarks
Farewell Sue Townsend, aged 68-plus; Philip Roth's wrath; the first women's prize; Tartt's golden Pulitzer; poet Ken Taylor dies; the Jewish ...

Bookmarks: News and views from the book world
Bookshops under pressure but there is some bright news. In the US James Patterson backs up his strong opinions with financial assistance.

Bookmarks: news and views from the book world
Michael Faber spoke tenderly and with great insight about his late wife, Eva, during a session at Melbourne's Wheeler Centre.