File from server to client and use it in a my application

Hi,
i am new with the mozilla dev. So I am trying to create an application
that:

1. read two files in binary form from a Server;
2. pass these two files to a my application in C++, and generate a
html page to load in the browser

I have read how load an application using Javascript, so I need to
know more about saving file sent by the server. These 2 filese are
binary so when I have to use readByteArray (reading by the file) and
writeByteArray (writing on client file)?

Thanks.
0
Giuseppe
6/21/2008 10:32:08 AM
mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom 1345 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Starting the server application and stopping the server application from the client application
Hi , How do I do it ? I want to start the server application from my client app. After all my jobs are over , when I disconnect from the server, I want to close the server application. Both the client and server applications will be running on the desktop under NT or win95 environment. If the client app is abc.exe and the server app is pqr.exe when the user starts the client app from his desktop, the client should start pqr.exe . Now after finishing all the process when the user closes the client, I want to disconnect from server and close the server pqr then close abc...

Using VPN client then netware client to access file server
Hi, I have one customer site functioning well. Using Cisco VPN client then login via 4.83 sp2 client. Now when attempting to use above method I receive Tree not found. We have 5.x servers. I don't really understand the advertisement of the tree, SAP or ARP or ? Any comments or suggestions or pointing to documentation would be greatly appreciated. Bruce Childers St OR 503-373-1993x244 bruce.childers@state.or.us > I don't really understand > the advertisement of the tree, SAP or ARP or ? SAP is IPX. ARP is NetBIOS. NetWare uses SLP (mainly) as well as Host...

How to File Upload in file server by using web application C#
Currently I am working to upload a csv file  Upload in file server (not on webserver) getting error , I map Y drive to our file server. (y=\\fileserver\load\) Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\LeadsUpload\errorfixsales.xls'.   FileUpLoad1...

Using Jaguar Server without using the host file on the client
Hi, Help! I need an example of connecting to Jaguar Server (with Power Builder) from the clients machine without using the clients host file. I want to connect using the Jaguar Driver via DNS or possibly an IP address using IIOP. The DNS method seems to initially connect, but gets an error (Error 50 Distributed service error) instantiating a proxy object. The Winsock driver method seems to support a lookup using an IP address, but I don't think we can use it to connect to the Jaguar server. Using an IP address fails on the Jaguar Driver, possibly because its trying to do a ...

File Upload on file server not on webserver, by using web application C#
I know how to upload files on webserver, but when trying to upload a file on different machine getting  error I am trying with FileUpLoad1.SaveAs(@"\\enterprise\LeadsUpload" + FileUpLoad1.FileName);getting error Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.  please help.DostMy website The server services authentication credentials don't have access to your unc path. Why not create a virtual path under you webserver that points to the unc provide the necessary credentials and then write to that path versus the unc path.  Which would also b...

When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly?
When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly? A user want to upload a text file from client PC to server (normally it is Windows 2003), but I'm not sure which OS it is in client, maybe it is a english version Windows or chinese Windows (default encoding is GB2312).so the encoding of text file in client maybe is ASCII or GB2312.I think that "StreamReader myRead= new StreamReader(FileUpload1.PostedFile.InputStream,Encoding.Default) will be run in server,so "Encoding.Default" will be the default encodin...

without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible?
without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible? avdp211:without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible? I don't think it is possible.You use the the HTML input file control and when you post the request, on the web server you need to read the data and save it to a file, so there has to be some interaction with the server to handle the post request.  Not possible vi...

Javascript: Grab Full Path from Input Type File and Pass to Server for Processing (using Client Callbacks and WebClient.UploadFile to Process File Path)
Hi all, I was wondering if someone can help me out with this. Basically I have a input type file control on the page and when the user browses and selects a file, I use javascript to grab the value and send to server. Since installing IE 8, the input type file no longer retains the complete path (which I need) because I am basically using webclient.uploadfile on server to upload the file. So, I need the complete path for webclient.uploadfile so that the page can post to the second page and then complete file upload. Now IE 8 has stopped retaining the path due to security restrictions. How ...

Using the server to share files with the clients
Hello everybody! I finally managed to install properly iFolder on a server, and the client on a few computers. Unfortunately, I was suprised to see there is no functionality to upload from the server to the ifolders structure. I need to achieve this because the server I used is also used as a datacenter; I hoping to make the data available to each user directly on their own desktop using the mechanism integrated in the iFolder framework. Obviously, I would like to avoid copying back with ssh or ftp the files to one local client, and forth to the server using iFolder. The simples...

Client server application with file sharing
Hello everyone,I want to build an application(the client and server) that the clients would be able to see and modify only certain files on the server depending on their credentials. For example, a specific client can read/modify a word file, but another cannot. And the server should specify which client has which rights. After a client has made any change in a file, every other clients should be notified by email. Thanks in advance! Hi d0kt0r1, Based on your description, I guess you may need a C/S architecture based on WinForm application. If so, please post the question in WinForm...

how to use FTP to transfer file from client to server...
Hello sir, I want to upload a file from client to server using FTP.how to do this using asp.net?.anyone can help me?.It is very urgent.Plz help me.... Thanks in advance, Arun Kumar.KArunsmile You can not do it using clear ASP.NET. You have to use some kind of binary client for FTP. ASP.NET render to client DHTML only, nothing binary.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

Upload files from windows client to remote server using webservice
Hi, I am using vb.net 2005 and sqlserver2005. I am developing windows application named WinSystem to upload files from local machine to remote server using webservice and also i save the path in database. I have another webapplication named WebSystem and WebService application named WebService1. I have a form in WinSystem named Addfiles.vb from which I have to upload file. The uploaded file should be stored in http:\\localhost\WebSystem\Images. Windows application should  read this path from App.Config or the WebService should read this path from Web.Config file of ...

Web resources about - File from server to client and use it in a my application - mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...

Unphased By AG's Study, Kinder Morgan Files Application With Feds To Build Gas Pipeline
On Friday, Tennessee Gas Pipeline, a subsidiary of the Houston-based energy company Kinder Morgan, filed an application with federal regulators ...