'New Mail' icon weirdness with PW's SM 1.1.1

I just noticed something, that appears strange to me and doesn't match my
recollection.
With M/N window closed, SM shows the 'New Mail' icon as expected, when new
POP3 mail is downloaded.
When I now open the M/N window to check for that mail, the icon resets itself
and in the M/N window the according mail server indicator also is missing.
Hence one has to crawl through each mail server account, in order to find the
new message.

Do others experience the same?

Wolfi
--
          SeaMonkey 1.1.1 (de-AT: rv:1.8.1.3pre Gecko/20070307
0

Wolfi wrote:
> I just noticed something, that appears strange to me and doesn't match
> my recollection.
> With M/N window closed, SM shows the 'New Mail' icon as expected, when
> new POP3 mail is downloaded.
> When I now open the M/N window to check for that mail, the icon resets
> itself and in the M/N window the according mail server indicator also
> is missing. Hence one has to crawl through each mail server account,
> in order to find the new message.
>
> Do others experience the same?
>
> Wolfi

With increasing worse memory I am positive that I see an green arrov on
the actual accounts in the list of  servers.

HTH

K. Melland
Norway
Wolfi wrote:
> I just noticed something, that appears strange to me and doesn't match
> my recollection.
> With M/N window closed, SM shows the 'New Mail' icon as expected, when
> new POP3 mail is downloaded.
> When I now open the M/N window to check for that mail, the icon resets
> itself and in the M/N window the according mail server indicator also is
> missing. Hence one has to crawl through each mail server account, in
> order to find the new message.
>
> Do others experience the same?
>
> Wolfi

I see this on one account, but not on 3 others.

Bob Plyler
0
Bob
4/10/2007 12:29:15 PM
I have noticed something similar, and I am running Peter's SM
1.0.8 still.  I did not pay attention to the details on earlier
versions, and I now have two new providers and have dropped my old
one, so I have introduced several possible sources of change.  But
if my recollection is correct, I used to see the little green
arrow shortly after opening SM Navigator before opening
Mail/Newsgroups, indicating new mail on the server.  Now I don't
see it until I have downloaded new mail (in which case it tells me
in which folder to look for the new mail).  Also (possibly
unrelated), in the past, I believe that if I closed M/N from the
Inbox, when later opened it, it would come up in the Inbox.  No
longer true.  None of this is critical, of course, but it does
suggest that something in the code was broken recently.

--
Fred Blau
(Remove SPAM-STOP from e-mail address)
Am 10.04.07 05.45 schrieb K. Melland:
> Wolfi wrote:
>> I just noticed something, that appears strange to me and doesn't match
>> my recollection.
>> With M/N window closed, SM shows the 'New Mail' icon as expected, when
>> new POP3 mail is downloaded.
>> When I now open the M/N window to check for that mail, the icon resets
>> itself and in the M/N window the according mail server indicator also
>> is missing. Hence one has to crawl through each mail server account,
>> in order to find the new message.
>>
>> Do others experience the same?
>>
>> Wolfi
>
> With increasing worse memory I am positive that I see an green arrov on
> the actual accounts in the list of  servers.

When I have/keep the M/N window open, the New Mail icon there behaves as
expected and it is also indicated, which account got the new mail.
But as I said, when the M/N window first has to be opened, those indicators go
away prematurely on their own.

Wolfi
--
             K6-2+/500, OS/2 Warp4 + FP16 + Kernel 14.104a
          SeaMonkey 1.1.1 (de-AT: rv:1.8.1.3pre Gecko/20070307
0
Wolfi
4/10/2007 4:37:21 PM
In the meantime I am able to provide a few more details.

The 'New Mail' indicators remain visible while the M/N window is being built
up as long as in the (View -> Layout ->) Classic View layout only the left
server/account frame is populated and the top right-hand message window is
still blank.

As soon as it starts filling up as well, the previously still apparent New
Mail indicators vanish.

So far, I haven't started to experiment with my installed extensions.

Those are the ones in my profile:
copyimage.jar
imagezoom.jar
mailredirect-skin-moz.jar
mailredirect.jar
mediaplayerconnectivity.jar
messageidfinder.jar
mnenhy.de-AT.jar
mnenhy.de-DE.jar
mnenhy.en-US.jar
mnenhy.jar
noscript.jar
observeclipboard.jar
policymanager.jar
preferential.jar
quicknote.jar
sidebar.jar
uriid.jar
useragentswitcher.jar

.... and these are the generic ones:
adblockplus.jar
AT.jar
de-AT.jar
de-win.jar
enigmail-DE.jar
enigmail-skin.jar
enigmail.jar
textplain.jar

If soneone else sees the same effect, it might be interesting to check,
if/which extensions are installed there as well.

Wolfi
0
Wolfi

Why I can't login in 'host' or 'admin' account when i upgrade to 3.1.1 from 3.1.0
Hi,I unzip DNN3.1.1 package and conver to my DNN original directory (ver 3.1.0) and install successfully.But when i login in 'host' or 'admin' account, it display 'Login Failed' ,so i tried to clean cookies in IE and also delete my portal aliases in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\. But it still can't login by any account.Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I can't swear to this, but it seems I've had problems in the past with account resets in this situation. Have you tried logging in as Host with the default password "host"...

@DateTimeVariable = N'2009-1-1' , What's the N?
Hi, Trying to test out a stored procedure by right click and execute. Manually typed in a parameter for date time. SQL Script generated as below: What is the N before the date? Why was it added?USE [DBname] GODECLARE @return_value int EXEC @return_value = [dbo].[Query_Result] @ProviderName = null, @TestName = 'auto', @DateAfter = N'2007-12-31', @DateBefore = N'2008-1-3', @ReportStatus = null, @ResultStatus = null, @Abnormality = 'True', @ReportType = 'summary'SELECT 'Return Value' = @return_value GO Hi There, "The N ...

What is the difference between: 'my $var = 1' vs. 'my ( $var ) = 1'?
--0016e6d9a0572cce9a0484af2d41 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 At the introductory level it seems like I have often seen code like this: use strict; my $var = 1; And as I review other peoples' scripts I have often encountered code like this: use strict; my ( $this, $that, $the_other ); Which I interpreted as a mechanism to declare a number of scalar variables with a minimum of typing. But lately I've been seeing this syntax and I was wondering if it was fundamentally different (and somehow more desirable): use strict; my ( $var ) = 1; As if $v...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

ok(1,1) vs. ok ('foo','foo') in Test::More

[DataFormatString] What's the format to get '(1,249.99)' for -1,249.9999
I know {0:C} can do it ($1,249.99) for -1,249.9999. {0:N} can do -1,249.99 I looked everywhere but I couldn't get it show as (1,249.99) from -1,249.9999   Does anyone know about this? Please help me. Try Math.Abs(); on the number and then format it with {0:N} I don't think I can try Math.Abs() because I am using boundfield. Like this.   I use stored procedure to get data from sql server 2000 and display data using bound filed. col0.DataField = "col0" col0.HeaderText = "Code" col0.SortExpression = "col0" col0.HeaderStyle.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center ...

[DataFormatString] What's the format to get '(1,249.99)' for -1,249.9999
I know {0:C} can do it ($1,249.99) for -1,249.9999. {0:N} can do -1,249.99 I looked everywhere but I couldn't get it show as (1,249.99) from -1,249.9999   Does anyone know about this? Please help me.   P.S: Please post this message in Data Presentation Controls  Not Webforms. Try this format string (the stuff after the semi-colon is how to display a negative number):##;(##)Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

How's everyone's upgrades to 3.1.1 going?
Just curious how everyone's results have been in upgrading existing sites. Did a clean install on my demon domain and it went flawless as expected, but I have a couple of client live sites to do and wanted to hear how you all are making out. All Issues/Tips/Advice/Concerns/Rants gladley gladley accepted. All went well at my wh4l site www.haygood.com earlier today ... 1.  Renamed web.config to web.backup.resources 2.  Copied unzipped install files to my root3.  Replaced the following keys in release.config    a.  &nb...

[DataFormatString] What's the format to get '(1,249.99)' for -1,249.9999 #2
I know {0:C} can do it ($1,249.99) for -1,249.9999. {0:N} can do -1,249.99 I looked everywhere but I couldn't get it show as (1,249.99) from -1,249.9999   Does anyone know about this? Please help me. I don't know why it keeps being posted here. This should go to Data Presentation Controls. I am sorry for the duplicate posting. I meant to post it in Data Presentation Controls but admin keeps sending this here....

Argument '1': cannot convert from 'object' to 'int'
 I am calling a function from a label control in my gridview.. <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# ShowCategoriesForPID(Eval("pol_id")) %>'/> But i get following error when i compile -error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'object' to 'int'  pol_id is an integer value and my function receives it as an integer argument.  I dont know whats wrong? The "Eval" function returns an object. To need to cast it's result: <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="s...

Validation (XHTML 1.1): Element 'br' cannot be nested within element 'form'
This is not hindering progress in any way but I don't know why Visual Studio is doing this. I have an .aspx page (child to a master page) that indicates certain valid tags are invalid. I get the following mouseover message:"Validation (XHTML 1.1): Element 'br' cannot be nested within element 'form'."This doesn't make sense to me, anchor and break tags are always valid within a form. Here's the simple page code (the error remains even after I have simplified it as such): 1 <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile=&...

1.5a & 1.5b: '+' & '-' keys do not expand/collapse bookmarks
If I have either the Manage Bookmarks window open (<Ctrl-D> or Bookmarks->"Manage Bookmarks"), or have the Bookmarks tab selected in Sidebar, I cannot expand or collapse a folder entry utilizing the '+' or '-' keys, either Numpad or upper row. Tested on 2003072514 & 2003080809 -- Regards, Al S. ...

validation (xhtml 1.1) : attribute 'align' is not a valid attribute of element 'p'
Hi I am new here in VS2005, when I type <p there is no align attribute for it and I got the error : validation (xhtml 1.1) : attribute 'align' is not  a valid attribute of element 'p' Could you please help me. thanks. Hi, By default Visual Studio 2005 make web forms XHTML 1.1 compliant. This standard is more restrictive than HTML 4, it doesn't allow some form layout directly in code, but you must use style sheet (inline or with an external .css file). An example of inline css : <p style="width: 100px;"></p>---(If this has answered your question, plea...

Getting 'Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.' when attempting to load NET 1.1 app in IIS
 Hi all,I am getting this message that is pointing to the web.config at INETPUB\WWWROOT\. I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 installed and was able to run .NET 1.1 apps fine through my local IIS up until 3 weeks ago. I am not sure what has changed, so cant really pinpoint where the problem may have originated.I have run aspnet_regiss -r to updated the scriptmaps for .1.1 but I still get the problem?I also have the ASP.NET tab of the applications virtual directory pointing at NET 1.1. and all the ASP.NET tab of the 'default website' set to .NET 1.1.Also, my .NET 2.0 apps work fine...

Web resources about - 'New Mail' icon weirdness with PW's SM 1.1.1 - mozilla.dev.ports.os2