Aom
0
Alonze (1)
6/26/2014 12:49:21 PM
mozilla.dev.platform 6651 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I believe you are on the wrong mailing list!

On 2014-06-26, 5:49 AM, Alonze wrote:
> Excuse me, could anyone explain me a concept of the differnce between System.Web and System.Net?
> And how to use two of these?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Aom

Ehsan

Help for Visual web dev isolate system.web.mail to system.net.mail
Hi all,  I'm new user to visual web developer express software. Laterly i found this application isolate quite some of the component namespace, like system.web.mail to net.mail. I not well understand how system.net.mail functional?? Does it act same as system.web.mail?? My coding below: change system.web.mail to system.net.mail which causing a lot error... *****Can anybody correct me or advise me how to make this code work in system.net.mail?????? <%@import Namespace="System.net.Mail" %> <script runat="server">    Public FromAddress As String = "" .......

difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail
What is difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail  namespace?What is use of both ? System.Web.Mail was in .NET Framework v1.1System.Net.Mail is in .NET Framework v2.0 and greaterSame use, although there is more functionality in System.Net.Mail since it is a later version of the framework. Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!  What All-Star said. I assume the reason it was moved to a different namespace is because the internet is actually a suite of technologies: e-mail, ftp, http (web), etc. E-mail and...

Problem with difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail in using attachments
I have a web .Net app which sends emails with attachments.  After the email is sent I clean up aftermyself and delete the attachments from disk.   In upgrading to .Net 2  I changed the email logic from using system.web.mail to system.net.mail  (of course vs is telling me system.web.mail is obsolete).In .Net 1.1,  the files deleted with no problem but in .Net 2 when I attempt to delete  I receive The process cannot access the file ...' because it is being used by another process. If I change the code back to using system.web.mail I can delete the file...

Difference between System.Web.Caching.Cache and System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Cache
Hi,   Can any one help me to understand the difference between the web caching and teh  httpcontext caching. Which is best to use. Does any one have the some good links on this topic. Thanks in advance for all ur time. System.Web.Caching.Cache: this is the implementation of .NET caching.System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Cache: this is the instance of that implementation, that lives in the application domain.You should use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Cache for storing your data.More info:How to: Add Items to the Cache:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/18c1wd61(VS.80)....

'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
It code worked fine on my PC..but gettting following message on server.... 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'  i checked this thread http://forums.asp.net/p/1123792/1869084.aspx#1869084  but it doesn't help me...  My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." Updating global assembly cache of server, solved this error Some how installation is not updating GAC..so you have to do it manuallyMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwis...

Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.
  I have a website which is running on IIS 5.1. Wen ever I am trying to access any page based on .net framework 2.0 I get this error Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, ...

System.web.mail to System.net.mail
I converted a asp.net web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005. i now get error message when i build it  stating system.web.mail  is obsolute,  use system.net.mail i redefine to system.net.mail but now i get other error message such as smtpMail does not exist in the current context. cannot implicitly convert type string to System.Net.Mail.MailAddress   so System.Web.Mail want work in ASP.net web app convert to VS 2005 running on framework 2.0?           because if i change to System.Net.Mail  i am ...

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
I downloaded the 10618 version and can not get it working.  The sample website that comes with the release gives me this error on every page I try to browse. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)' Stack Trace: [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.]   AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +0   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47&n...

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. error
Hi,  I have used the Animation control of the Ajax Control Toolkit successfully on my local PC. The web site was successfully launched on a third party hosting company. Recently, I had to change to another third party hosting company and now I get the following error on the page where I used the Animation control. All other pages are working fine. Does any one know how I can resolve this error?   Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during t...

difference between "using System.Web.UI.WebControls" or "System.Web.UI.WebControls.ServerValidateEventArgs"
Hi all, quick question. I'm writing a custom validation method. In the declaration it has: protected void CustomValidator1_ServerValidate(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.ServerValidateEventArgs args) Is there any difference between doing that, vs doing: using System.Web.UI.WebControls; protected void CustomValidator1_ServerValidate(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) Do they do the same thing? Is it any more efficient when processing the request to do it one way or another? Is there a technical term for what i am talking about? Thanks in advance for any explanation ...

switching from system.web.mail to system.net.mail
I have been converting my code from system.web.mail to system.net.mail.  I have been able to convert the to, from, cc, and message body to the new format easily but...my question is how do i convert this into system.net.mail format?SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "server";                SmtpMail.Send(mail);Would this be the solution?SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient("server");                client.Send(mail); Here's a full example of how to per...

System.Net.Cookie --> System.Web.HttpCookie ?
Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a System.Net.Cookie to a System.Web.HttpCookie ? What is the difference exactly? What I'm trying to do is simulate a pseudo-autologin feature on my site into another website. So for example, my code does an HttpRequest to a remote server that returns the Authentication cookie. I then want to send that cookie to the client so they can make regular requests to the remote server as an authenticated user, without having to go through my application again. So far, I have been able to get the authentication cookie just fine, but I can't figure ou...

System.Web.Mail vs System.Net.Mail
Hi AllI was using System.Web.Mail in an application on our test server.  That worked fine.  I never had to specify a server or change any settings.  It just works.  Whatever settings the server has set up are used.  This is great.I saw that System.Web.Mail has been deprecated, so I'm trying to use System.Net.Mail.  I'm having a problem.  Net.Mail doesn't use whatever settings Web.Mail used.  I can't send e-mail with Net.Mail.  I see several people use the web.config file to set the server up, but I can't get that to work. I jus...

System.Web.Mail.MailMessage.UrlContentBase in System.Net...
Is there an equivalent of UrlContentBase and UrlContentLocation in System.Net.*??The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message are solely those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or approved by Convergence Communications Consultants....

Web resources about - Difference from System.Web and System.Net - mozilla.dev.platform

Belgium cats, raids and religious differences explained by a Belgian
Belgium police joined the cat fun at the end of a tense day of anti-terror raids and arrests in Brussels.

Cultural differences fade when Westerners and Chinese fall in love
One in three Australian marriages are now intercultural. Researchers have found out a key ingredient for success.

What Happens To A Texas Veterinarian Could Make A Difference In What You’re Allowed To Say
This Term the Supreme Court could issue one of its most important rulings to date on the legal status of occupational speech speech performed ...

Can the US and China transcend their differences?
Why Washington should embrace Beijing’s “new type of major-power relationship”

"There’s been a lot of poorly thought-out stuff written about the differences between men’s and women’s ...
... But if you can get past all of this pseudoscience, there’s some legitimately illuminating, serious medical research on sex-based brain differences ...

There's a major difference between SpaceX and Blue Origin that makes them incomparable
... Blue Origin on the progress they’re making with vertical take-off and landing of their booster." That said, it's important to know the difference ...

Cartoon: How to tell the difference between ISIS and Muslims
The GOP is demanding that the Democratic presidential candidates use the term “radical Islam” to refer to ISIS. Yet i...