Could not find the Mozilla runtime

Hi there,

I just downloaded Xulrunner 5.0 and tried to run it the same way as
usual on Mac OS X. Unfortunately, I get the following problems:

* if xulrunner is launched within the bundle MaOS folder the following
error is generated: "Could not find the Mozilla runtime." The app
bundle is structured correctly and it works fine under xulrunner 2.0.
* if xulrunner-bin is launched with the path to the ini file, i.e.
Frameworks/XUL.framework/xulrunner-bin --app Resources/
application.ini, the following error is generated: "Error:
unrecognized application.ini path." This works fine under xulrunner
2.0.

Keep in mind that I am only swapping the Framework/XUL.framework sym
link which used to point to xulrunner2.0 to xulrunner5.0. This sort of
thing worked so far until the latest xulrunner 2.0

Am I missing an important change or is the binary package broken?
0
passfree
6/22/2011 12:14:49 PM
mozilla.dev.platform 6651 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 6/22/2011 8:14 AM, passfree wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just downloaded Xulrunner 5.0 and tried to run it the same way as
> usual on Mac OS X. Unfortunately, I get the following problems:
>
> * if xulrunner is launched within the bundle MaOS folder the following
> error is generated: "Could not find the Mozilla runtime." The app
> bundle is structured correctly and it works fine under xulrunner 2.0.
This is filed as bug 666510, and is a result of removing
GRE_GetGREPathWithProperties which also as a side-effect looked in the
app bundle subdir. Matthew Gertner has volunteered to move the necessary
logic into the XUL stub so that it works again.

--BDS

0
Benjamin

Is dev-platform for platform users or platform developers?
So since dev-tech-xpcom closed, there's been an awful lot of traffic on dev-platform from platform users. I don't really have time to read this, and it probably means I'll be paying less attention to the platform developer traffic on dev-platform (if any at all; I'd long since unsubscribed to dev-tech-xpcom until told to resubscribe to follow the XPCOM memory management discussion). Does this discussion belong on dev-platform, or should it be redirected elsewhere? -David -- L. David Baron http://dbaron.org/ Mozilla Corporation ...

[Python-Dev] Intel's Open Runtime Platform (ORP) (fwd)
I don't think anyone mentioned this before here... ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:43:53 -0700 From: Neil Schemenauer <nas@python.ca> To: python-dev@python.org Subject: [Python-Dev] Intel's Open Runtime Platform (ORP) I just saw this while updating my Debian machine: Package: orp Description: Java VM and JIT from Intel Research Lab. ORP stands for Open Runtime Platform, which is an Intel(TM) Open Source research platform for investigating dynamic compilation and memory management technologies. The basic OR...

Merging dev-tech-layout into dev-platform
Today I found out that I had missed a post from David Baron on dev-tech-layout, because I had no idea that this list exists. I think dev-platform is a better place to have the conversation related to the layout module (people are already having discussions about other modules over there). Does anybody have any objections? Cheers, Ehsan ...

Merging dev-tech-layout into dev-platform
Today I found out that I had missed a post from David Baron on dev-tech-layout, because I had no idea that this list exists. I think dev-platform is a better place to have the conversation related to the layout module (people are already having discussions about other modules over there). Does anybody have any objections? Cheers, Ehsan ...

Consolidating dev-webapi into dev-platform after Friday (2015-06-19)
Unless you have serious objections, I'm going to request that dev-webapi redirects to dev-platform as of this coming Saturday at 00:00. A few people have pointed out that having the split mailing list is causing confusion about where to send emails and the traffic level doesn't seem to me to justify its continued existence. ...

Cannot find /dev/sr1 and Banshee won't play /dev/sr0
I am new to openSUSE and linux. I can't play an audio cd from either /dev/sr1 or /dev/sr0, a cdrom drive and a dvd drive. Upon loading an audio cd in /dev/sr1, I get the error message "Cannot find /dev/sr1". Also, when I load an audio cd in /dev/sr0, Banshee opens but won't play- clicking the "play" arrow only makes a "clink" sound as if it has been grayed-out. -- figneutron ------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you have a disc in the drive, it should appear in the /media directory. First try a...

Project Problem, ASP.NET runtime error: Could not find a part of the path, ASP.NET runtime error: There is no build provider registered for the extension, designer.cs not updating
I'm working with a solution with many projects, there is some cross sharing.I'm in VS2005/2.0 on Vista/iis7.My original issue came about when I tried to add a new asp:DropDownList control to a user control, to add some new functionality I saved the .ascx file, then went to the codebehind to work with the newly added control.The code behind couldn't recognize the newly placed drop down.I came to discover that the designer.cs file was not updating like it should. I deleted the designer.cs file, then recreated it by right clicking on the .ascx file and choosing 'conver...

Finding directories at runtime
HEY All I need to find a list of sub-directories at run-time. I've tried to use FindFirst(Path, faDirectory, sr), but I only get the files in the directory. I also need he subdirectories. Path is the directory selected by user at runtime plus requested file extension. sr is the searchrec. Any ideas Regards and Happy New Year Freddy Christensen Freddy wrote: > I need to find a list of sub-directories at run-time. > > I've tried to use FindFirst(Path, faDirectory, sr), but I only get the > files in the directory. I also need he subdirectories. ...

Finding the Java Runtime
OS: Linux 2.4.29 Debian, Gnome 2.8, Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050605 Firefox/1.0+ I'm using the Firefox nightly build, installed under /opt/ so it won't interfere with the version my other users have. If a site uses Java I get the "missing plugin" message and a chance to download a JRE rpm from Sun. HOWEVER, I have at least two JRE's installed. The problem is evidently that Firefox isn't finding any of them. $JAVA_HOME should be the logical place to look; that appears to be set correctly. So, how do I tell Firefox ...

Cannot find files at runtime
Hi, not quite sure if this is the right place to put my post. Anyway, I need to use two icons to draw a picture at runtime. Now this two icons are in a folder in the C drive. I would like to place these two icons inside the web and not in a external folder. I added the files in the bin folder. I am using FileStream to get the files, but my working directory is c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ How can I get the files? probably i need to copy then when i complile the side in the bin folder, but how? Thank you.     HI, MAlex001: I am not sure yo...

could not find /dev/disk/by-id/...
Hi All, Sorry about my first post being so long. I'm your average M$-XP user and very new to linux and have just played a little with debian and opensuse in virtualbox on XP64. Well I decided to set up a dual boot with XP64 and opensuse11.1, but I seem to have hit a wall. When the system boots, I get "could not find /dev/disk/by-id/raid-ddf1_ARY2-part*" "want me to fall back to /dev/mapper/ddf1_ARY2_part* (Y/n)" and then nothing after entering either y or n. After 3 days of re-installing, searching the forum, google, and finally bugzilla.novell.co...

Could not find /dev/disk/by-id/***
Dear all, I am new to SUSE, i installed it for about 3 months ago and just work fine. but in recent day I got this message when start my SUSE "Could not find /dev/disk/by-id/disk_model-part2. Want to fall back to /dev/disk/by-id/ata/disk_model-part2 ? (Y/n)" I dont know how to do with this. Please give me an idea to work around on this. Thanks Khcam -- khcam ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi We're short on information here. For example, we don't know if the message comes with a problem or if you...

Find/Find and Replace
Seamonkey Composer v 2.33.1, on the HTML source tab, Find/Find and Replace do not work. I am using Mac OS 10.9.1 Is there a fix for this? Thanks. drb smith wrote: > Seamonkey Composer v 2.33.1, on the HTML source tab, Find/Find and Replace > do not work. > > I am using Mac OS 10.9.1 > > Is there a fix for this? > > Thanks. Work-around, probably, fix, no, because Composer isn't supported any longer. I've found that when working in Composer, Find (with or without Replace) is a little cranky, and it takes clicking on the text area, and...

Find datagrid height at runtime
Hi I need to find the datagrid height dynamically at runtime based on the no. of records in the grid. I have set the height for the Item style and alternating item style. But I can not depend on this since some of the records might get wrapped and hence I need to find this dynamically. Based on the grid height, I need to align another table in my page. Is there a way to do this? I saw the grid properties in the itemcreatedevent, but was of no help. Thanks rjn You should put your datagrid into a table. Create a table with 2 rows. In one row insert the first datag...

to find out the required runtime files
Dear all Please Need your help to find out the required runtime files, needed to run PB.Net application exe in another user machine having no powerbuilder, using powerbuilder runtime package Regards Polachan paily ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Specific run times and assemblies required are going to depend on which features of PB you use in your application, as well as what kind of target you're deploying. Check both the "Application Techniques" and "Deploying .NET ..." manu...

Web resources about - Could not find the Mozilla runtime - mozilla.dev.platform

Mozilla Labs
Popcorn lets users link social media, news feeds, data visualizations and other content directly to moving images. The result is a new form of ...

Mozilla Tips
Mozilla’s Firefox is one of the most popular browsers in the digital market today. The ongoing commitment of Mozilla to performance, privacy ...

Mozilla — Home of the Mozilla Project — mozilla.org
Mozilla Mission About Projects Get Involved We are Non-profit, for the good of the Web Different by Design Proudly non-profit Innovating for ...

Mozilla Festival - Open web developers, journalists and educators coming together to reinvent media on ...
Here’s a curated selection of #MozFest tweets and media, filtered for links, demos, interviews and documentation created by Mozilla Festival ...

Mozilla Ignite
Design and build apps for the faster, smarter internet of the future . Mozilla and the National Science Foundation invite you to take part in ...

Mozilla Links
Recent Firefox nightlies feature more bits from Australis, the new major theme update. This time, toolbar buttons have gone flat, featuring no ...

Mozilla Popcorn - Making video work like the web
mozilla Home Popcorn.js Popcorn Maker Learn Popcorn Blog What is POPCORN? Popcorn makes video work like the web. We create tools and programs ...

The Mozilla Blog - News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project
News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project