Thunderbird Pontoon syncing disabled for some days

Hi everyone,

In preparation of the next major Thunderbird 78 release, we have some
more strings that we want to land, and some strings to migrate to Fluent.

Due to the time limitations and complications of the localization
procedures, we need to stop the sync of Pontoon for Thunderbird for some
days until all strings have landed and needed Fluent migrations have
taken place.

I realize this is not ideal, but unfortunately the best we can do at
this time. I hope you'll understand.

Note also: for Thunderbird 78, Lightning ( == calendar/) is no longer an
add-on but has been integrated into Thunderbird core.

  -Magnus
0
Magnus
5/29/2020 7:49:02 AM
mozilla.dev.l10n 3876 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Hi Magnus.

That's great news about new Thunderbird!

With the sync disabled, do you think it would be also helpful to switch
Thunderbird and Lightning projects to read-only mode too? People won't be
able to work on it, but most likely their work they do in the meantime
would be lost by the migration, right?

--=20
Michal Stanke

Dne p=C3=A1 29. 5. 2020 9:50 u=C5=BEivatel Magnus Melin <mkmelin+mozilla@ik=
i.fi>
napsal:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In preparation of the next major Thunderbird 78 release, we have some
> more strings that we want to land, and some strings to migrate to Fluent.
>
> Due to the time limitations and complications of the localization
> procedures, we need to stop the sync of Pontoon for Thunderbird for some
> days until all strings have landed and needed Fluent migrations have
> taken place.
>
> I realize this is not ideal, but unfortunately the best we can do at
> this time. I hope you'll understand.
>
> Note also: for Thunderbird 78, Lightning ( =3D=3D calendar/) is no longer=
 an
> add-on but has been integrated into Thunderbird core.
>
>   -Magnus

Michal
5/29/2020 8:22:23 AM
Hey - AIUI, yes they should be set to read-only mode while sync is disabled.

  -Magnus

On 2020-05-29 11:22, Michal Stanke wrote:
> Hi Magnus.
>
> That's great news about new Thunderbird!
>
> With the sync disabled, do you think it would be also helpful to switch
> Thunderbird and Lightning projects to read-only mode too? People won't be
> able to work on it, but most likely their work they do in the meantime
> would be lost by the migration, right?

0
Magnus
5/29/2020 10:56:47 AM
You don't set up a project as read-only, you can only set individual
locales within a project as read-only.

There are two options:
1) Disable sync (which has been already done).
2) Disable the project entirely (it won't show up in Pontoon at all).

If we do 2), a lot of folks will reach out asking why those projects
suddenly disappeared. Same if we set locales as read-only, and it
requires more work to re-enable the project once ready.

Given that the migration only affects preferences, I strongly suggest
to stick with the plan (project enabled, sync disabled), and not
complicate things unnecessarily.

Francesco

Il giorno ven 29 mag 2020 alle ore 13:00 Magnus Melin
<mkmelin+mozilla@iki.fi> ha scritto:

> Hey - AIUI, yes they should be set to read-only mode while sync is disabled.
>
>   -Magnus
>
> On 2020-05-29 11:22, Michal Stanke wrote:
> > Hi Magnus.
> >
> > That's great news about new Thunderbird!
> >
> > With the sync disabled, do you think it would be also helpful to switch
> > Thunderbird and Lightning projects to read-only mode too? People won't be
> > able to work on it, but most likely their work they do in the meantime
> > would be lost by the migration, right?

Francesco
5/29/2020 11:19:53 AM
The needed migrations have now been run (thanks :flod!) and syncing is
back on again.

Two slightly wrong changes were noticed. Please check if you need to
take action on or not. (We want to have the colon there, some
localizations probably had added one already and it would now be doubled.)

  * timzezone-label: we added a colon at the end -
https://searchfox.org/comm-central/rev/eaa4c5e724230d661b587d05cabfd485ecad84df/calendar/locales/en-US/calendar/preferences.ftl#21-22

  * default-length-label: we added a colon at the end -
https://searchfox.org/comm-central/rev/eaa4c5e724230d661b587d05cabfd485ecad84df/calendar/locales/en-US/calendar/preferences.ftl#134-135

  -Magnus

On 2020-05-29 10:49, Magnus Melin wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In preparation of the next major Thunderbird 78 release, we have some
> more strings that we want to land, and some strings to migrate to Fluent.
>
> Due to the time limitations and complications of the localization
> procedures, we need to stop the sync of Pontoon for Thunderbird for some
> days until all strings have landed and needed Fluent migrations have
> taken place.
>
> I realize this is not ideal, but unfortunately the best we can do at
> this time. I hope you'll understand.
>
> Note also: for Thunderbird 78, Lightning ( == calendar/) is no longer an
> add-on but has been integrated into Thunderbird core.
>
>   -Magnus

0
Magnus