Gaia: string changed between Gaia 1.1 and Gaia 1.2

Hi,
Pascal put together a very useful view on Transvision (for now only
available on Beta).

Unfortunately there are strings that changed between 1.1 and 1.2,
without getting new IDs. Sometimes changes are minor (like removing an
article), in other cases they're substantial. If your locale was shipped
in 1.1, you probably want to check this page to see if your localization
has already been updated for 1.2.

For example this is the page for Italian (just replace the locale code
in the URL)
http://transvision-beta.mozfr.org/gaia/?locale=it#englishchanges

Personally I find this view very useful for QA:

  * If you used different translations for the same string, you'll see
    them on the first table. Some of them could be wanted, some are not.
  * In the last table uou see all the strings introduced in 1.2, and
    it's easier to QA them.

Francesco

0
Francesco
12/2/2013 12:27:15 PM
mozilla.dev.l10n 3876 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Firefox OS 1.4 branched: 1.4: releases/gaia-l10n/v1_4, 2.0: /gaia-l10n
Hi, I've just branched the 1.4 efforts for Firefox OS. The /gaia-l10n repos you worked on for the past 12 weeks are now aiming at Firefox OS 2.0, for at least 6 weeks. Your work and fixes for 1.4 shall go to /releases/gaia-l10n/v1_4/. I've migrated your work for 1.4 onto those repositories, unless you're petercg or civas, you guys landed stuff on those repos, you'll figure it out. If you've pushed in the past hour, I might not have it. I'll follow up when I have pushed the update to en-US. Axel .... and I just pushed 2.0 to /gaia-l10n/en-US....

Gaia branched for 2.0, /gaia-l10n is now 2.1, almost
Hi, Firefox OS 2.0 branched now for localization. You find the 2.0-focused repositories in http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/gaia-l10n/v2_0/. The repositories in http://hg.mozilla.org/gaia-l10n/ will be targeting 2.1 now. I didn't expose any new strings for 2.1 yet, today was busy as it is. Axel Il 23/07/14 23:52, Axel Hecht ha scritto: > The repositories in http://hg.mozilla.org/gaia-l10n/ will be targeting > 2.1 now. > I didn't expose any new strings for 2.1 yet, today was busy as it is. Some notes on the strings at this point (comparison between 2.0 a...

1.0.1->1.1 Gaia Updatability & Migration
This is a quick note to all that, based upon partner update plans, v1.1 = needs to be able to cleanly migrate from v1.0.1. If you already know of any places where that isn't the case, please let = us know by getting a blocking-b2g:leo? bug on file or emailing here. Our = current internal testing doesn't cover this, so we don't want to = scramble when we find out later from partners (who we'd like to stay up = to date). Things that come to mind for me: * Database schema changes (SMS->MMS?) * Settings (renamed, reconfigured, or otherwise) * Home screen positions ...

New strings uplifted to gaia and gaia 1.3
Hi, I've just pushed strings to gaia 1.3: 75 new strings, most of them flod's fault. They're adding optional strings for setting headers, which fall back to the button titles. copy-n-paste is gonna get you a long way here, and then you can start fixing. I also updated gaia-central, though not to the current tip. Sadly there are strings that don't seem to be ready at all in the way, so I filed bug 960130 to get those into shape. Sadly, we're also missing out on fixes to strings I exposed now this way, but this has been a choice of pest and cholera. ...

Gaia 1.1 with no remaining late-l10n bugs!
Hi, you've waited for it, I waited for it, and the moment has come. I pushed a string update to 1.1, and we're down to no more late-l10n bugs open. Zarro Boogs found! It's also just two strings. This is the one you make to take it home. Thanks for bearing with us Axel Yes, thanks to all that have been working hard on this. We will be up to 16 locales available to partners to ship on phones for 1.1, and looking to add more locales and scale that number soon. When you have wrapped up this latest set of strings take a few minutes to celebrate. I ...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

Gaia: 2 new strings landed on 2.1
Hi, just a quick heads-up: unfortunately string freeze was broken on Gaia 2.1 http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/gaia-l10n/v2_1/en-US/rev/7c0e1c767658 When an application tries to access phone's camera and it's already in use, we failed without warnings. These strings already landed on Master, and they were considered a blocker by partners on 2.1, so they got past string freeze limitations. CCing also Dwayne to make sure that Pootle is aware of the change. One more note on this landing for master https://hg.mozilla.org/gaia-l10n/en-US/rev/d30dc5a64a67 As you can notice ...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

More gaia 1.2 strings landed
Hi, to add more concerns to our 1.2 state, I just uploaded more strings on 1.2. Yeah, we're all hit by summit prep, summit, and mozflu. This comes with some 40 new strings, and some changed ones. Axel ...

Amarok 2.1-1.1
Is this working OK for anyone? I upgraded to this version today when I upgraded kde from 4.2.3 to 4.2.4. My problem is that the music collection does not seem to work - it just shows as 'counting'. Also the art work grabber doesn't work. Just in case it was a config problem - I uninstalled amarok, deleted all the amorok config files and re-installed but no joy. Many thanks -- dth2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You need to instal MySQL -- peteh100 ------------------------------------------------------...

Soap 1.1 and 1.2
Anybody can describe differences between Soap 1.1 and 1.2 and how can I implement web service which is using Soap 1.x?!...

ASP 1,1.1,2
Hi I am a ASP.NET Newbie. How can i know which ASP.NET version on my .NET 2003. I found VersionCheck while googling which displayed Installed .NET Runtime 1.1.4322.573(Version 1.1 RTM-Visual Studio .NET 2003/Windows server 2003) Does that mean i have ASP 1.1. Also can someone send me info./link for differences between ASP 1.0 and 1.1. Is it a major upgrade ? thanks..Loki ...

[email] Gaia licensing; is it okay to use LGPL 2.1 code in Gaia? (OpenPGP.js)
Mozilla's general licensing policy is at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/license-policy.html Do we have any more restrictive policies or desires in place for Gaia like strongly favoring Apache 2 licensed dependencies? Specifically, there is community interest in prototyping PGP support for the Gaia e-mail app. There is an existing library, OpenPGP.js (http://openpgpjs.org/, https://github.com/openpgpjs/openpgpjs) that is licensed under LGPL 2.1 (https://github.com/openpgpjs/openpgpjs/blob/master/LICENSE). Is this something we can use? The specific structuring is/would...

Web resources about - Gaia: string changed between Gaia 1.1 and Gaia 1.2 - mozilla.dev.l10n

The Day the Universe Changed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Day the Universe Changed (subtitled "A Personal View by James Burke") is a British documentary television series written and presented by ...

PMD News Facebook Group Changed to Closed
... that were previously available only to Preferred Marketing Developers were opened to the public in July , but one of them, PMD News , was changed ...

Facebook changed my name to my unknown birth name, not my current legal name... - Facebook-Hilfeforum ...
I provided Facebook with my original birth certificate and my name change certificate - instead they changed my name to my birth name which I ...

Search Twitter - "If I didn't try this my life wouldn't have changed."
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh CHUA Chee Wee @ chuacw 4h If you put " If I didn't try this my life wouldn't have changed ." into your Twitter ...

Changed the AWS instance size on the Trex server from small to large, and now it runs much better. ;-) ...
A bunch of people made suggestions after reading today's Changes piece. The one that made the big difference came from my longtime programming ...

Economics : How has introductory economics changed as it's been taught in American universities over ...
Answer (1 of 5): Introductory economics has not changed enormously over the years. In part this is because much of introductory economics is ...

Changed Priorities Ahead - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore joshinrhodeisland's photos on Flickr. joshinrhodeisland has uploaded 616 photos to Flickr.

IBM Centennial Film: 100 X 100 - A century of achievements that have changed the world - YouTube
The film features one hundred people, who each present the IBM achievement recorded in the year they were born. The film chronology flows from ...

Qld cabinet reshuffle: Whose portfolio has changed
Whose portfolio has changed in the new Queensland government cabinet.