XPCOM how to integrate a XPCOM of thunderbird in firefox

Hello everybody!

Well I have a question about the XPCOM.
I want to developp a toolbar for  firefox, which notify the arrival of
new messages in my webmail account.
This Webmail is a imap server.
So to do that, i tried to download for mozilla source to get the
composants wich allow to connect with imap protocol.
When i downloaded it, i compiled all sources.

Finally, i have many files : *.idl, *.h, *.xpt, so now i want to
integrate them to firefox to use it.
And i don't know how to do that? to be more precise i don't know what
is the best solution to do this application ....

Thank you in advance for your response.

ps:  sorry for my english...

0
leromantique6
6/3/2007 5:55:29 PM
mozilla.dev.extensions 5694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Thunderbird XPCOM c++ extension
I'm trying to write an extension in c++ that access the emails. But i cannot include nsIMsgAccountManager.h. After some search I noticed that this header should be in msgbase, but i cannot find that directory even if I pull all mozilla sources with CVS. All I've got is nsIMsgAccountManager.idl. I'm working from VC 8.0 using xpidl.exe to compile my own idl. What can I do to get the nsIMsgAccountManager interface? I've tried to compile the *.idl and obtain *.h but I didn't succeeded. Stanciu, I had the same problem recently. I found out that when you bu...

Firefox extension with XPCOM using cygwin
Hi there, I have FF extension compiled and linked by MSVC, but one part is compiled with cygwin's gcc. When I run it in FF and try to call some cygwin's function, browser completely freezes. Compilation & linking are without any errors and dependency walker says that final .dll is also ok. So what could be wrong? Thanks Zb. ...

Firefox extension with XPCOM using cygwin
Hi there, I have FF extension compiled and linked by MSVC, but one part is compiled with cygwin's gcc. When I run it in FF and try to call some cygwin's function, browser completely freezes. Compilation & linking are without any errors and dependency walker says that final .dll is also ok. So what could be wrong? Thanks Zb. ...

Migrating XPCom extension to Firefox 4
I have an XPCom extension that gets loaded with the browser. I was using Javascript commands createInstance to instantiate the component and then the interface. This worked fine till FF3.6 but when I started using FF4.0, the extension is not working. I tried the changes mentiond in the XPCom development with Gecko 2.0 page but it did not resolved my problem. When I try to get the interface using createInstance, it gives me 'Retuned failure" error. Any quick help on this migration is highly appreciated. This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156) --------------...

extensions c++ with xpcom on firefox 29+
i followed and read https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Creating_Custom_Firefox_Extensions_with_the_Mozilla_Build_System https://wiki.mozilla.org/Education/Learning/XpcomComponents but it doesn't work as cleanly on release version 29 for Firefox i downloaded and build Firefox source code on the ubuntu However my extension doesn't get picked up after step - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Education/Learning/XpcomComponents#Building_FirstXpcom on this wiki there is a step $ cd $(objdir) $ ../build/autoconf/make-makefile extensions/firstxpcom i don't know what does t...

Support for XPCOM extensions in letest Firefox
This is a multipart message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D010B0.D96E7E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello. I have just built the skeleton of a C++ XPCOM plugin for Firefox. However, I then show this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4402226/xpcom-plugin-support-on-ff-3-5 Does this mean that my extension will not work in the latest Firefox? (I was wondering why you release a new Gecko SDK so often if this technology was abandoned, but anyway. Perhaps there are other uses for it now?) ...

Support for XPCOM extensions in latest Firefox
Hello. I have just built the skeleton of a C++ XPCOM plugin for Firefox. However, I then show this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4402226/xpcom-plugin-support-on-ff-3-5 Does this mean that my extension will not work in the latest Firefox? (I was wondering why you release a new Gecko SDK so often if this technology was abandoned, but anyway. Perhaps there are other uses for it now?) Now, the alternative for XPCOM seems to be NPAPI, but I know that Chrome is dropping support for it. Do you support NPAPI instead? If yes, will you continue to support it? ...

Developer needed to work on a C++/XPCOM Firefox extension
Hey, Want to make a few thousand dollars in a week with your leet C++ skills? We are looking for one or two freelance developers to build a simple C++ based XPCOM Firefox extension. This plugin must be able to compile for Windows, Linux, and Darwin systems. If you are interested or can recommend any developers who are open for a short-term job, please contact me (John) by replying to this thread or by e-mail. Later, John Hi John I would like to know more about it... Please mail me the details Thanks Vivek On Feb 10, 1:53=A0pm, John Smith <john.was.smi...@...

Using sockets (nsIServerSocket) in XPCOM component (Firefox Extension)
(a more colorful version of the question available at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3176442/using-sockets-nsiserversocket-in-xpcom-component-firefox-extension =) Say I put this code into the JS of my extension. var reader = { onInputStreamReady : function(input) { var sin = Cc["@mozilla.org/scriptableinputstream;1"] .createInstance(Ci.nsIScriptableInputStream); sin.init(input); sin.available(); var request = ''; while (sin.available()) { request = request + sin.read(512); ...

XPCOM that use another XPCOM
Hi all, I have the following problem: I want to create a standalone application that uses an XPCOM module "A" written in C++ (a library). I want to create plugins for this application (.xpi package) that install another XPCOM module "B" that use the A XPCom library. I think I doesn't need to cross the interface and to write javascript code. How can I do this in a cross-platform manner? Does mozilla support the dynamic linking? Does it exist some pages of documentation about it? Thank you for your help, Lorenzo On 23 Mar, 14:48, Lorenzo <nos...@pl...

Problem wir XPCOM in "old" FireFox Extension
Hi there, i am currently working on an old Firefox Extenion. This Ext. uses XPCOM Interfaces like these: /** * init XPCOM. */ loadXpcom : function() { try { var ipcService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/ipc- service;1"] .getService(); ipcService = ipcService .QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIIPCService); } catch (err) { alert("Error:...

Problem wir XPCOM in "old" FireFox Extension
Hi there, i am currently working on an old Firefox Extenion. This Ext. uses XPCOM Interfaces like these: /** * init XPCOM. */ loadXpcom : function() { try { var ipcService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/ipc- service;1"] .getService(); ipcService = ipcService .QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIIPCService); } catch (err) { alert("Error: Loading Inter-Process Communication"); return null; } return ipcService; }, This Interface seems to be corrupt or won't work anymore. It was used to make ...

XPCOM and Thunderbird
[fu2: news:mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom] Hi, I'm new to XUL/XPCOM and am searching for some patterns. I read some doc about extensions development, and more specially XPCOM/XPConnect related stuff. I now understand the basic use of components and interfaces, have read some code from some extensions, been able to run some script via the Extensiondev Javascript shell, and able to instantiate a connection according to http://xulplanet.com/tutorials/mozsdk/sockets.php. Before writing the XUL part, I'd like to pilot Thunderbird using a JavaScript shell with the IMAP, SMTP ...

Accessing NSS methods from a Firefox extension's XPCOM DLL
Hi, Is it possible to access NSS methods from an XPCOM DLL(of my extension)? I mean, methods that are used by Firefox for hashing the master password, encrypting the private key that is used to encrypt the data etc(HashPassword(), SHA1_Update() etc). Or should I look for a third party library or implement my own? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks & Regards, -- Rajendra Prasad Murakonda http://prodizy.livejournal.com/ This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms000701070102020803020806 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; f...

Web resources about - XPCOM how to integrate a XPCOM of thunderbird in firefox - mozilla.dev.extensions

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.