How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS

I am developing an extension that processes some command line options.
I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this:

> ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2

I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when
there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the
command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance
of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time
(paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no
luck.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if
invoking of chatzilla with similar scnario has ever worked?

thanks in advance,
Sandip
0
Sandip
2/2/2008 8:00:20 PM
mozilla.dev.extensions 5694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

command line arguments for extension
Hello, I am writing an extension which stores information about mail transfer, stored files etc. in a RDF-repository to make it available for other applications. Now I want to start thunderbird with a messagID as command line argument so that my extension can show this message (afaik there is no built-in command line argument for that). My question now is, how can I access command line arguments in my extension? Thx for your help, David einStein wrote: > Hello, > > I am writing an extension which stores information about mail > transfer, stored files etc. in a...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

command line commands passed to perl script?
Hi all, Sorry, should have added this to my last email. Does anyone know how to pass values to a perl script through the command line? Do you use param as in CGI scripting/ I want a user to be able to specify certain parameters for the perl script (in case they want to run an overnight scheduler on it). Eg. testscript.pl /? gives you help or testscript /a gives you another capability... Ben __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/ Nameofperlscript command1 command2 command3 Params s...

Command line extension install
Hi, We're an open-source project building a virtual machine dev env for LAMP. https://github.com/quickstart/quickstart-drupal/wiki We'd like to include some common web development extensions. Our build system is commandline Puppet scripts. We'd prefer to not have a manual configuration - (20 manual configurations is alot of time for testing and building) What's the best way to install extensions? This wouldn't work if Firefox wouldn't do updates: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Installing_extensions This didn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 /usr/l...

Starting extension from command line
Ok - I have my extension running. I used livehttpheaders as a template. My extension fires off from the Tools menubar. But now let's say I want to start firefox (with command line args) and open my extension as well. If I use firefox -chrome chrome://myext/content/myext.xul that will open my extension - but there is no firefox browser. I tried firefox & firefox -chrome chrome://myext/content/myext.xul but that brings up the profiles dlg box. How can I open firefox AND my extension from a shell script ? Thanks charlie schmitt wrote: > How can I open...

extension from command line thunderbird

Passing command line arguments
------_=_NextPart_001_01C54075.E7225C28 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a script that is reading input from ARGV. The script is being passed a file name as follows: =20 datefile.pl c:\program files\IBM\SQLLIB\DB2\db2diag.log =20 The problem I am running into is that the space is not recognized in the argument. All that I get passed to is is c:\program . How do I get the rest of the argument. Below is a portion of the script. Thanks. =20 #*********************************************** # check i...

Command-line Extension Installer
Something along the lines of install-mozilla-extension (--firefox|--thunderbird|...) \ ext1 ext2 ... Where extN is either a file or a URL, in either case something .xpi. Something like this would make remote/bulk installing/upgrading/extending of mozilla+family installations much easier. Cheers, Carlo On 2005-01-09 18:07, Carlo Graziani wrote: > Something along the lines of > > install-mozilla-extension (--firefox|--thunderbird|...) \ > ext1 ext2 ... > > Where extN is either a file or a...

(re)install an extension from command line
Hi all. I'm developing a firefox extension non bootstrap, and it would be very helpful to me to automatize its installation for rapid development. Specially I would like to be able to restart firefox from command line and reinstall my extension. I have this bash / bat script that builds the xpi file for the extension. Now, I have to drop the xpi file to firefrox using the mouse and answer 2 dialogs for restarting firefox an be able to test my extension changes. This is not practical to me and I would like to reduce this work and be able to reinstall my extension using ...

communicating between a command line handler and an extension
I have a command line handler that sets preferences for my extension. This works well for FF2, but in FF3 nsIPrefBranch2.setCharPref() does not work. Are there other ways to send data to extension from command line handlers? The only other way I've see is to open a window and pass args. Thanks, John. On 10/19/07, John J Barton <johnjbarton@johnjbarton.com> wrote: > I have a command line handler that sets preferences for my extension. > This works well for FF2, but in FF3 nsIPrefBranch2.setCharPref() does > not work. Are there other ways to send data to ex...

How to pass string in command line argument.
------=_Part_34745_22223991.1161859678592 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline hi , I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes (" ); below is my scenario my xml file is something like this .. <root> <reff> <var1>123</var1> <var2>this is my name</var2> </reff> <reff> <var1>234</var1> <var2>this is others name </var2> </reff> </root> my perl script...

Passing data arguments via command line
Sorry, let's try that again with a sensible subject line -- Mo ======== Hi all, This is a very dim question, but hey, this is a beginners' list so I hope you'll forgive me. I want to be able to pass variable data arguments to my perl script from an outside application by calling a command line that's something along the lines of: perl myscript.pl "data1" "data2 "data3" (a) is it possible to pass data arguments via the command line in this way? (b) inside the script I want to assign them to variables -- but how do I reference...

Web resources about - How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS - mozilla.dev.extensions

Tax protester administrative arguments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tax protesters in the United States make a number of administrative arguments that the assessment of the federal income tax in the United States ...

Closing arguments completed in Porter trial, jury in deliberations
Prosecutors told jurors Monday that Officer William G. Porter 's failure to help Freddie Gray turned a police van into a &quot;casket on wheels,&quot; ...

"Supreme Court Hears Arguments on ‘One Person One Vote.'"
Adam Liptak reports. The basic question in the case, Evenwel v. Abbott , No. 14-940, is who must be counted in drawing voting districts: all ...

One argument for the elimination of television by @BloggersRUs
One argument for the elimination of television by Tom Sullivan Jerry Mander (I know, the name is even more ironic today) warned us in 1978 ...

Closing arguments in first Freddie Gray trial begin
Officer William Porter is charged with 4 offenses; Baltimore opens emergency operations center in preparation for trial's conclusion

Supreme Court hears oral arguments in Texas affirmative action case
CNN Supreme Court hears oral arguments in Texas affirmative action case CNN Washington (CNN) In possibly the most consequential case concerning ...

Hilarious: ‘Burglars For Gun Control’ Sums Up The Left’s Entire Argument
'As long as law abiding citizens have guns, it's that much harder for burglars like me to do my job.'

Morning Digest: Supreme Court hears argument in case that could end 'one person, one vote' rule
Leading Off : ● Redistricting : On Tuesday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case that, if successful, would overturn the concept ...

Shahrukh Khan ‘Dilwale,’ Deepika Padukone ‘Bajirao Mastani’ Clash Creates An Argument?
Two of the hottest Bollywood films are reportedly set to release at the same time. Many fans are excited to see their favorite jodi, Shahrukh ...

3 Questions To Help You Win Your Next Argument
Passionmay hurt you more than help you in your next argument. That’s a conclusion of new research into persuasion by a pair of university academics ...