How can I control text inputs autocomplete behavior?

I am very new to developing firefox extensions and I am wondering
whether it is possible to add some more sophisticated autocomplete
behavior to a specific text input. In particular, I would like to
provide my own source of autocomplete entries, instead of using the
form history default behavior.

Thank you in advance for your help and consideration,

Dado
0
Dado
6/4/2008 7:49:44 PM
mozilla.dev.extensions 5694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

preserving the layout of text input via text input control
Ok what I want to do is, when using the text input control all cr, lf, crlf and spaces are preserved when the content is input in a db and that the information/layout is preserved when viewing it in a text input filed or grid control.any ideas   jim When you input text via a multiline textbox and insert it into a database your specified line breaks will be maintained. When retrieving the record, you will need to do a replace on the string in order to interpret these line breaks in your html:myField.Replace("\n", "<br />")Does this answer your q...

Fix broken text wrapping and control input text length in TextBox control
Hi! I'm developing a(nother; it's my second!) ASP.NET application that right now is giving me fits. On one of my screens, the user needs to be able to enter large amounts of text into three database fields. The database fields are all char(350). I'm having two problems with this. First of all, I found that when editing an existing record, text in the fields would wrap in a manner similar to this: Wow, what a sorryperformance! The text box is much wider than the text "Wow, what a sorry", so I couldn't figure out why the text was wrapping. I tried setting the Columns property to 90 (which...

Changing the text of an input (text) control
Hi everyone, please answer the following: I have a html input control as follows  <input id="newSearch_keywords" type="text" class="text" value="<%=JobsSearchBusinessObject.CurrentKeywords %>" name="newSearch_keywords""/>    When the page loads I need to look at the text of this input field and remove any * chars that are in the text. Thanks for your help <input id="newSearch_keywords" type="text" class="text" value="<%=JobsSearchBusinessObject.CurrentKeywords.Re...

Is it possible to make preloaded text as read only and user can input text after preloaded text?
In a text box, there is a preloaded text from database. Is it possible to make preloaded text as read only and user can input text after preloaded text? You probably can do that with javascript (for example onchange of the text box will check if the text exist in the begining of the string and if not - you will rewrite it) but I think this is not very good practice. Why don't you simply add another text box? Disable the first one and let the user type in the second one?Kung Fu developerMy Blog Couldn't understand your logic. If you want to make it read-only, why you want to let...

In ModalPopupExtender I can't select text inide the Input web control
I'm using ModalPopupExtender:<cc1:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="btnModal"PopupControlID="pnlPopUp" BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground" OkControlID="OkButton"OnOkScript="onOk()" CancelControlID="CancelButton" DropShadow="false" ></cc1:ModalPopupExtender><asp:Panel ID="pnlPopUp" runat="server" Style="display: none" CssClass="modalPopupPrint"><input type="text" runat="server" ...

unable to input into the input type=text control
i am dynamically creating some controls on the form using javascript in which i have an input control which is text box but when i try to input some thing it is not taking anything what could be wrong. I found that i am populating a Message window n if it is poped the input control is not accepting anything n when it is off it is taking input.  the code for message window is as below can somebody find it out what is wrong in the below code which is preventing me to input text in the input control when it is populated.   MessageWindow = new Window('MessageWindowId'...

Problem in AutoComplete. CAn we load AutoComplete Text on the Button Click
Follow the below process : Download from the below url . http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx Lot of things available : Download the below one . Patch To DownLoad Set 29444 Here is the sample. Sample : http://lazyloading.blogspot.com/2008/05/aspnet-ajax-toolkit-getting-key-value.html So when ever you type something you will get related text in the auto complete in the Text Box. Place one button adjacent to this, in the click even of that button load all the text that is return from we...

Setting the height of a Text Input Control on a User Defined Control
I have a user defined control. I am using absolute positioning. I am setting the height and width of a text input using an embedded style. It look fine in the user control window but when I insert the user control onto a page, the heigth of the text control is too large. I cannot seem to control the height on the page I place the user control onto. Any help?Virtually yoursWilliam Main Hi, I think it is better to create the user control to be created as  position = Static to get more layout control of the web user control when used in other pages. For more layout control on all ...

Which validation control to use to control input textbox text length ?
I have a formview to insert record and I want one field to limit to text char length of 50. Which validation control I should use and how to set it ? ThanksThanks in advance for the help. I will try to credit the ones who helped but most important is we really do sincerely thanks to all who have helped. Check this link.. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Textarea_Length_Validator.aspx Edit: If it is normal single line TextBox, you can set "MaxLength"..Check this code..   <asp:FormView runat="server" ID="formView1" > <...

Can we change the Text of "Browse.." Button in FileUpload Control and Can We hide the textbox in the same.
 Hi All,Is there any way to hide the textbox in the FileUpload Control and to change the text of "Browse.." Button.Thanks,Maddy  The <input type="file" /> element is not really stylable because each browser handles it differently. This article may help: http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html-wili...

Can you please explain where i can get the code for this html text control used for posting messages in the forum?
Can you please explain where i can get the code for this html text control used for posting messages in the forum? Many thanks Hi, I don't know for the code but the control itself is http://www.freetextbox.com/ Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers....

Who creates /dev/input/mouseX, /dev/input/mice?
Hi, I am struggling with a 3M Microtouch touch screen. The device is being recognized as both /dev/input/mouse0 and /dev/input/event1 which is not appropriate for me. I do not need the touch to be recognized as a mouse. However I was unable to locate the corresponding rules within udev. Who creates the mouseX and mice devices in Suse (10.2)? Thanks -- harsszegi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I will not try to take away all hope for an answer to your question. But as 10.2 is long out of support, I am afraid almost nob...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

What kind of a control can I use to give the user possiblity of entering rich text in a control and save it as html in a file?
Just like the ones they do in weblog pages, I need to use a kind of control that does it all for me, if you have an account in weblog.com, you can see there is a very nice richtext control that you can create the best text format and insert pictures and so many other stuff. I just need to know if there are available controls like that? Thanks for the help yes,there are many rich text box controls.  1-FTB(Free Textbox)  www.freetextbox.com 2-RTE (Rich Text Editor) www.codeplex.com/rte   Hi, Also there is controls you can buy, ie: telerik: http://demos.tele...

Web resources about - How can I control text inputs autocomplete behavior? - mozilla.dev.extensions

Autocomplete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Autocomplete , or word completion , is a feature provided by many web browsers , e-mail programs , search engine interfaces, source code editors ...

Autocomplete Me - EPIC FAIL Funny Videos and Epic Fail Funny Pictures
Click for more epic fails, videos, and wins. (Share this post and make someone ROFL!)

Autocomplete Data - Facebook-Entwickler
The value specified for the type parameter is the category of autocomplete data to retrieve, e.g. to retrieve locales, you can specify type=adlocale ...

OneKeyboard - colorful and fast custom autocomplete keyboard on the App Store on iTunes
Get OneKeyboard - colorful and fast custom autocomplete keyboard on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Distraction of the Day: Someone Turned Google Autocomplete Into a Family Feud-Style Game
Say goodbye to productivity, because this game just took over your workday/life. Whenever you start typing a search into Google, the search engine ...

Selling kidneys to buy drones: the economy according to Google autocomplete
Autocomplete, the Google function that suggests full search questions based on a few words, has long served as a humorous (or harrowing) window ...

‘Google Feud’ combines popular game show with Google search autocomplete
Surely by now you've seen various jokes about Google's autocomplete feature, which suggests endings for your search terms based on what other ...

TweetDeck for Mac updated with username autocomplete, a new tweet composer, and more
... App Store . Check out 9to5Mac for more breaking coverage of Apps . What do you think? Discuss "TweetDeck for Mac updated with username autocomplete, ...

New Twitter Search Comes with Autocomplete and New Filters
Last Friday, Twitter announced what’s new on its search functionality: Search autocomplete and “People You Follow” search result. In addition ...

Google Autocomplete Is Letting The Terrorists Win
Be careful about what you search for on Google...