Force flash on youtube (not html5)

So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html5 be=
cause it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.

However it's much harder to block and/or disable html5, which is my issue.

I've tried adding &html5=3D0 to the URL of a video, and it works for about =
half a second, then the video refreshes and jumps back to html5. I've got f=
lash disabled, which is why I want videos to default to flash - so that the=
y can never buffer/load or play. (If I want to watch a video I download it,=
 this prevents excess bandwidth from being used)

I've searched addons and userscripts for something to completely block html=
5 or force Youtube to use flash, but without success.
0
aenosedney
6/23/2013 1:10:08 PM
mozilla.dev.extensions 5694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 6/23/13 6:10 AM, aenosedney@gmail.com wrote:
> So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards
> html5 because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.
>
> However it's much harder to block and/or disable html5, which is my
> issue.
>
> I've tried adding &html5=0 to the URL of a video, and it works for
> about half a second, then the video refreshes and jumps back to
> html5. I've got flash disabled, which is why I want videos to default
> to flash - so that they can never buffer/load or play. (If I want to
> watch a video I download it, this prevents excess bandwidth from
> being used)
>
> I've searched addons and userscripts for something to completely
> block html5 or force Youtube to use flash, but without success.

Try setting the preference variable media.autoplay.enabled to "false".

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Concerned about someone (e.g., the government)
snooping into your E-mail?  Use PGP.
See my <http://www.rossde.com/PGP/>
0
David
6/23/2013 3:29:21 PM
Thanks, I've done that. However I was already running the stoptube addon which stops html5 youtube vids from autoplaying and autobuffering by default.

Then I accidentally clicked on a video, and it started playing. I don't want to be able to do that. Flash I can perma-disable with a quick plugin switch, but html5 doesn't seem to have a similar function.
0
aenosedney
6/23/2013 5:58:52 PM
No ideas?
0
aenosedney
7/17/2013 6:41:31 PM
On Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:41:31 AM UTC+12, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
> No ideas?

on about:config page I have set

plugins.click_to_play = true

Now none of the youtubes auto-play unless I click them. I think it does what you want.
0
belindablender
7/17/2013 9:24:17 PM
> on about:config page I have set
> plugins.click_to_play = true
> Now none of the youtubes auto-play unless I click them. I think it does what you want.

Nope, same problem as before. If I accidentally click play, the video still plays. Need a way to completely block HTML5, similar to how you could disable or uninstall the flash plugin.
0
aenosedney
7/20/2013 6:47:07 PM
On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:41:31 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
> No ideas?

You tube are trying to force HTML5 on people just as they force everything =
else. It's shit even if the videos play ok because , unlike flash, HTML5 do=
esn't stop the screensaver from activating. We used to be able to opt out o=
f the trial but it looks like google are now over riding that 'option' (sic=
). However, Whatever you do, I think you are going to have to have Flash en=
abled. I don't really understand why you've got it disabled, obviously vide=
os won't play using Flash if you have disabled it!
0
philip
10/12/2013 7:13:54 AM
On Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:10:08 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
> So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html5 because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.

I have found an easy simple soulution for the HTML5 plugin codec issue.

1.Install the extension 'Youtube Options' from the Chrome Web Store.

link:[https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/youtube-options/bdokagampppgbnjfdlkfpphniapiiifn]

2.Go to the Extenstion's option by right clicking the icon in the adress bar when you are on the YouTube page, or going to the Chrome Extensions list and pressing 'Options' for that extenstion.

3.Press 'Show advanced settings...' on the Video page.

4.Go to the heading 'Playback' and underneath that, change the video codec to "Flash".

That's it guys!
0
zkrjebril92
10/12/2013 9:31:42 PM
On 10/12/2013 2:31 PM, zkrjebril92@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:10:08 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
>> So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html5 because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.

> I have found an easy simple soulution for the HTML5 plugin codec issue.
>
> 1.Install the extension 'Youtube Options' from the Chrome Web Store.
>
> link:[https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/youtube-options/bdokagampppgbnjfdlkfpphniapiiifn]
>
> 2.Go to the Extenstion's option by right clicking the icon in the
> adress bar when you are on the YouTube page, or going to the Chrome
> Extensions list and pressing 'Options' for that extenstion.
>
> 3.Press 'Show advanced settings...' on the Video page.
>
> 4.Go to the heading 'Playback' and underneath that, change the video codec to "Flash".
>
> That's it guys!

What about setting the media.autoplay.enabled preference variable to
False?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.
0
David
10/13/2013 12:31:02 AM
On 10/12/2013 3:13 AM, philip.caldwell@netvisao.pt wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:41:31 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
>> No ideas?
> You tube are trying to force HTML5 on people just as they force everything else.
Youtube is trying to use HTML5 because it works on more devices and
because Flash can cause noticeable jank and other issues, especially in
fullscreen mode. We want them to switch to HTML5 video.
>   It's shit even if the videos play ok because , unlike flash, HTML5 doesn't stop the screensaver from activating.
That is a Firefox bug that we are discussing/fixing. See bug 517870 and
its dependencies/blocking bugs for a bunch of discussion about the
circumstances we should do this (e.g. it seems clear that we should do
this by default for fullscreen videos, but there is some concern about
doing this for regular videos).

--BDS

0
Benjamin
10/14/2013 12:55:37 PM
If Flsh is what you like, contact them to ask that they set their pages to
allowFullScreen=false and the fs=0 within YouTube webpages so that that
that is not an issue. Shouldn't tht solve the problem?
On Oct 14, 2013 8:56 AM, "Benjamin Smedberg" <benjamin@smedbergs.us> wrote:

> On 10/12/2013 3:13 AM, philip.caldwell@netvisao.pt wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:41:31 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> No ideas?
>>>
>> You tube are trying to force HTML5 on people just as they force
>> everything else.
>>
> Youtube is trying to use HTML5 because it works on more devices and
> because Flash can cause noticeable jank and other issues, especially in
> fullscreen mode. We want them to switch to HTML5 video.
>
>>   It's shit even if the videos play ok because , unlike flash, HTML5
>> doesn't stop the screensaver from activating.
>>
> That is a Firefox bug that we are discussing/fixing. See bug 517870 and
> its dependencies/blocking bugs for a bunch of discussion about the
> circumstances we should do this (e.g. it seems clear that we should do this
> by default for fullscreen videos, but there is some concern about doing
> this for regular videos).
>
> --BDS

April
10/14/2013 5:15:42 PM
Oops. My previous response I meant for Philipe.  Anyway, what if you
contact them about making the videos not play in full screen mode? Set from
true to false, the full screen mode option like this allowFullScreen=false.
And then put fs=0 to further enforce the inability of full screen mode
within the web pages you create in the embed code?  Could tht work for you
of not allowing full screen mode of HTML5 YouTube videos to cut problems
you are having with those videos?
April Morone
On Oct 12, 2013 3:15 AM, <philip.caldwell@netvisao.pt> wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:41:31 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
> > No ideas?
>
> You tube are trying to force HTML5 on people just as they force everything
> else. It's shit even if the videos play ok because , unlike flash, HTML5
> doesn't stop the screensaver from activating. We used to be able to opt out
> of the trial but it looks like google are now over riding that 'option'
> (sic). However, Whatever you do, I think you are going to have to have
> Flash enabled. I don't really understand why you've got it disabled,
> obviously videos won't play using Flash if you have disabled it!

April
10/14/2013 5:23:41 PM
I know tht code should work if implmented correctly, with OLD code because
I've done it fo an assignment for my HTML, CSS, and Dynamic HTML class last
week, and it worked.
On Oct 12, 2013 3:15 AM, <philip.caldwell@netvisao.pt> wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:41:31 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
> > No ideas?
>
> You tube are trying to force HTML5 on people just as they force everything
> else. It's shit even if the videos play ok because , unlike flash, HTML5
> doesn't stop the screensaver from activating. We used to be able to opt out
> of the trial but it looks like google are now over riding that 'option'
> (sic). However, Whatever you do, I think you are going to have to have
> Flash enabled. I don't really understand why you've got it disabled,
> obviously videos won't play using Flash if you have disabled it!

April
10/14/2013 5:25:50 PM
Can you please let me know your idea on what I've said so tha if I am
wrong, I can do research on this for you?
April Morone
On Oct 12, 2013 3:15 AM, <philip.caldwell@netvisao.pt> wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:41:31 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
> > No ideas?
>
> You tube are trying to force HTML5 on people just as they force everything
> else. It's shit even if the videos play ok because , unlike flash, HTML5
> doesn't stop the screensaver from activating. We used to be able to opt out
> of the trial but it looks like google are now over riding that 'option'
> (sic). However, Whatever you do, I think you are going to have to have
> Flash enabled. I don't really understand why you've got it disabled,
> obviously videos won't play using Flash if you have disabled it!

April
10/15/2013 1:36:47 PM
Phil,
     ??  Did my suggestion help you, or?  I hope it did.  :)
April Morone

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Benjamin Smedberg <benjamin@smedbergs.us>wrote:

> On 10/12/2013 3:13 AM, philip.caldwell@netvisao.pt wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:41:31 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> No ideas?
>>>
>> You tube are trying to force HTML5 on people just as they force
>> everything else.
>>
> Youtube is trying to use HTML5 because it works on more devices and
> because Flash can cause noticeable jank and other issues, especially in
> fullscreen mode. We want them to switch to HTML5 video.
>
>>   It's shit even if the videos play ok because , unlike flash, HTML5
>> doesn't stop the screensaver from activating.
>>
> That is a Firefox bug that we are discussing/fixing. See bug 517870 and
> its dependencies/blocking bugs for a bunch of discussion about the
> circumstances we should do this (e.g. it seems clear that we should do this
> by default for fullscreen videos, but there is some concern about doing
> this for regular videos).
>
> --BDS

http://aprilmorone.blogspot.com/
0
April
10/21/2013 9:53:16 PM
> I have found an easy simple soulution for the HTML5 plugin codec issue.

Thank you! That works.
0
dron008
10/25/2013 12:17:34 PM
Dne nedelja, 23. junij 2013 15:10:08 UTC+2 je oseba aenos...@gmail.com napi=
sala:
> So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html5 =
because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> However it's much harder to block and/or disable html5, which is my issue=
..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I've tried adding &html5=3D0 to the URL of a video, and it works for abou=
t half a second, then the video refreshes and jumps back to html5. I've got=
 flash disabled, which is why I want videos to default to flash - so that t=
hey can never buffer/load or play. (If I want to watch a video I download i=
t, this prevents excess bandwidth from being used)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I've searched addons and userscripts for something to completely block ht=
ml5 or force Youtube to use flash, but without success.

HERE's The Solution
Install this:
http://www.chromeactions.com/
Then in options, select "Force player type" and select flash.
CHEERSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0
1992janbogataj
11/24/2013 2:44:12 PM
I wonder if tht is because the videos you are trying to watch arr not made
by you?  In class, I had to add Flash videos of videos I'd created in my
Multimedia Design class, then add them into HTML webpages in different
class.  Doing FS=0 worked for what we were doing about full screen. But if
the servers used for YouTube site have I set to force videos to be set back
to HTML 5 currently the default setting, as I understand it, couldn't
tryijng to set the webpage to force the videos to NOT do the default
setting work better?  Could you try tht, instead?
On Nov 24, 2013 9:45 AM, <1992janbogataj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dne nedelja, 23. junij 2013 15:10:08 UTC+2 je oseba aenos...@gmail.comnapisala:
> > So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html5
> because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.
> >

> > However it's much harder to block and/or disable html5, which is my
> issue.
> >

> > I've tried adding &html5=0 to the URL of a video, and it works for about
> half a second, then the video refreshes and jumps back to html5. I've got
> flash disabled, which is why I want videos to default to flash - so that
> they can never buffer/load or play. (If I want to watch a video I download
> it, this prevents excess bandwidth from being used)
> >

> > I've searched addons and userscripts for something to completely block
> html5 or force Youtube to use flash, but without success.
>
> HERE's The Solution
> Install this:
> http://www.chromeactions.com/
> Then in options, select "Force player type" and select flash.
> CHEERSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April
11/25/2013 8:48:44 AM
Maybe &html=0. Plus have &flash=1 could work? I don't fully know. Just a
theory.
On Nov 24, 2013 9:45 AM, <1992janbogataj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dne nedelja, 23. junij 2013 15:10:08 UTC+2 je oseba aenos...@gmail.comnapisala:
> > So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html5
> because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.
> >

> > However it's much harder to block and/or disable html5, which is my
> issue.
> >

> > I've tried adding &html5=0 to the URL of a video, and it works for about
> half a second, then the video refreshes and jumps back to html5. I've got
> flash disabled, which is why I want videos to default to flash - so that
> they can never buffer/load or play. (If I want to watch a video I download
> it, this prevents excess bandwidth from being used)
> >

> > I've searched addons and userscripts for something to completely block
> html5 or force Youtube to use flash, but without success.
>
> HERE's The Solution
> Install this:
> http://www.chromeactions.com/
> Then in options, select "Force player type" and select flash.
> CHEERSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April
11/25/2013 8:50:32 AM
Here's how I disabled HTML5 video in Chrome on Windows:
Find the file called ffmpegsumo.dll where Chrome is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\30.xxxxx\ for me).

Delete it or move it out of that folder.

I also moved nacl_irt_*.nexe.
0
waynebloss
11/27/2013 10:02:40 PM
El 27/11/2013 23:02, waynebloss@gmail.com escribi�:
> Here's how I disabled HTML5 video in Chrome on Windows:
> Find the file called ffmpegsumo.dll where Chrome is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\30.xxxxx\ for me).
>
> Delete it or move it out of that folder.
>
> I also moved nacl_irt_*.nexe.

Do you realize that this mailing this is for topics related to
development of extensions for Firefox?

0
Alfonso
12/6/2013 8:23:04 PM
Thank you so much! It worked for me! You are a genius! thank you so so so much!
0
adrianvispo
12/23/2013 7:40:00 PM
Thanks Wayne! Worked like a charm.

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:02:40 PM UTC-7, wayne...@gmail.com wrote:
> Here's how I disabled HTML5 video in Chrome on Windows:
>
> Find the file called ffmpegsumo.dll where Chrome is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\30.xxxxx\ for me).
>

> Delete it or move it out of that folder.
>

> I also moved nacl_irt_*.nexe.

0
chrispy1
3/12/2014 4:47:20 PM
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:31:42 PM UTC-4, zkrje...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:10:08 PM UTC+1, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
>=20
> > So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html=
5 because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have found an easy simple soulution for the HTML5 plugin codec issue.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 1.Install the extension 'Youtube Options' from the Chrome Web Store.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> link:[https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/youtube-options/bdokagamp=
ppgbnjfdlkfpphniapiiifn]
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 2.Go to the Extenstion's option by right clicking the icon in the adress =
bar when you are on the YouTube page, or going to the Chrome Extensions lis=
t and pressing 'Options' for that extenstion.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 3.Press 'Show advanced settings...' on the Video page.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 4.Go to the heading 'Playback' and underneath that, change the video code=
c to "Flash".
>=20
>=20
>=20
> That's it guys!

So Youtube Options is now a subscription based plugin. You will pay 1.99$/m=
onth to be able to use it for what features it has to offer. And I barely e=
ven used more than 1/4 of the features it offers. Not worth it imo AT ALL. =
I would use Magic Actions for Youtube. Someone posted a link to download it=
 and it is a chrome plugin that is FREE and does what I want and is meant f=
or those who only need the default play quality on HD.
0
lurajoonami
4/10/2014 11:02:37 PM
Thank you wayne. HTML5 was forced as standard on YouTube for me, deleting this file and now I use Flash.

HTML5... it seems the Quality is shittier than flash, and it seems that HTML5 needs more system ressources than flash, well, at least on my system.
0
webshego
4/27/2014 12:33:47 AM
In case you don't use windows there is an extension to force youtube to use flash instead of html5

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disable-youtube-html5-pla/enmofgaijnbjpblfljopnpdogpldapoc
0
kingof9x
5/12/2014 1:01:01 AM
I'm with you 100% on this... lately I've noticed that videos continually ha=
ve to buffer through out the video. whenever this happen Its clear that its=
 the html5 version of the youtube player, right clicking shows this to be c=
orrect. After reverting to the flash version the video plays back flawlessl=
y.

what browser and OS are you using?

If you're using Chrome on OSX:
go to the Application folder
right click on "Google Chrome"
click on "Show Package Contents"
then navigate to Contents/Versions/{version-number}/Google Chrome Framework=
..framework/Libraries
then rename or delete the .so file that contains ffmpeg in the name
Restart Chrome

If your using Chrome on Windows 8:
navigate to Program Files/Google/Chrome/Application/{version-number}/
and rename or delete ffmpegsumo.dll
Restart Chrome

After completing the above if you right click on a youtube video you'll see=
 that it uses the flash player version.

The only issue with the above is that whenever chrome has an update the ffm=
peg file will be restored, so you'll need to repeat the above steps.
0
apocalypticsam
5/25/2014 2:30:43 AM
On Saturday, 24 May 2014 21:30:43 UTC-5, apocaly...@gmail.com  wrote:
> I'm with you 100% on this... lately I've noticed that videos continually =
have to buffer through out the video. whenever this happen Its clear that i=
ts the html5 version of the youtube player, right clicking shows this to be=
 correct. After reverting to the flash version the video plays back flawles=
sly.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> what browser and OS are you using?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> If you're using Chrome on OSX:
>=20
> go to the Application folder
>=20
> right click on "Google Chrome"
>=20
> click on "Show Package Contents"
>=20
> then navigate to Contents/Versions/{version-number}/Google Chrome Framewo=
rk.framework/Libraries
>=20
> then rename or delete the .so file that contains ffmpeg in the name
>=20
> Restart Chrome
>=20
>=20
>=20
> If your using Chrome on Windows 8:
>=20
> navigate to Program Files/Google/Chrome/Application/{version-number}/
>=20
> and rename or delete ffmpegsumo.dll
>=20
> Restart Chrome
>=20
>=20
>=20
> After completing the above if you right click on a youtube video you'll s=
ee that it uses the flash player version.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The only issue with the above is that whenever chrome has an update the f=
fmpeg file will be restored, so you'll need to repeat the above steps.

If I could kiss you I would, deleting ffmpegsumo.dll worked.=20
I had updated all my drivers, updated flash, java, and many others, had thi=
s huge runaround trying to adjust system ram and modifying some of chrome's=
 code...
By far your fix was the easiest and the only one to have an effect, 1080p y=
outube videos play flawlessly now!
Thank you so much.
 Now all I have to do is keep up with google chrome's updates.
0
lostcountafter50
9/2/2014 6:13:46 PM
El lunes, 12 de mayo de 2014 15:09:10 UTC-5, king...@gmail.com escribi=F3:
> In case you don't use windows there is an extension to force youtube to u=
se flash instead of html5
>=20
>=20
>=20
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disable-youtube-html5-pla/enmof=
gaijnbjpblfljopnpdogpldapoc

it work like a charm i use the javascript code from the link an put in grea=
se monkey an it work finaly html5 is gone flash back now i can use full scr=
een like old times :D

there is all u need

http://www.sockshare.com/file/8452B9057B3CD823   <---script
https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/?src=3Dss  <---Add=
-on

enjoy ^-^ =20

tested on (firefox[aurora]34.0a2) 13/09/2014
0
yaelmania
9/13/2014 1:01:01 AM
GREAT!
works 100%

Thank You
0
cerestrading
10/19/2014 3:54:18 PM
On Sunday, June 23, 2013 6:40:08 PM UTC+5:30, aenos...@gmail.com wrote:
> So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html5 =
because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.
>=20
> However it's much harder to block and/or disable html5, which is my issue=
..
>=20
> I've tried adding &html5=3D0 to the URL of a video, and it works for abou=
t half a second, then the video refreshes and jumps back to html5. I've got=
 flash disabled, which is why I want videos to default to flash - so that t=
hey can never buffer/load or play. (If I want to watch a video I download i=
t, this prevents excess bandwidth from being used)
>=20
> I've searched addons and userscripts for something to completely block ht=
ml5 or force Youtube to use flash, but without success.

I am just fucked up with this html5 player.... wehre is my lovely flash exp=
erience
0
sanjeev
10/30/2014 8:38:47 AM
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0HK--0wHbWPDdWLqGl-_A
0
brevinwilliams0
1/24/2015 4:19:54 AM
On Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 3:34:12 AM UTC-4, yael...@gmail.com wrot=
e:
> El lunes, 12 de mayo de 2014 15:09:10 UTC-5, king...@gmail.com escribi=F3=
:
> > In case you don't use windows there is an extension to force youtube to=
 use flash instead of html5
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disable-youtube-html5-pla/enm=
ofgaijnbjpblfljopnpdogpldapoc
>=20
> it work like a charm i use the javascript code from the link an put in gr=
ease monkey an it work finaly html5 is gone flash back now i can use full s=
creen like old times :D
>=20
> there is all u need
>=20
> http://www.sockshare.com/file/8452B9057B3CD823   <---script
> https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/?src=3Dss  <---A=
dd-on
>=20
> enjoy ^-^ =20
>=20
> tested on (firefox[aurora]34.0a2) 13/09/2014

Another nice, easy to use Firefox app that worked for me was Youtube Flash =
Video Player 3.52 Nice because it lets you toggle between the two really ea=
sily. Link for those interested:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-video-player/?=
src=3Dsearch
0
pokefangirl491
2/18/2015 4:12:37 AM
On Sunday, 23 June 2013 22:40:08 UTC+9:30, aenos...@gmail.com  wrote:
> So far I've been having an issue where everyone is leaning towards html5 =
because it's newer, better (supposed to be anyway) than flash.
>=20
> However it's much harder to block and/or disable html5, which is my issue=
..
>=20
> I've tried adding &html5=3D0 to the URL of a video, and it works for abou=
t half a second, then the video refreshes and jumps back to html5. I've got=
 flash disabled, which is why I want videos to default to flash - so that t=
hey can never buffer/load or play. (If I want to watch a video I download i=
t, this prevents excess bandwidth from being used)
>=20
> I've searched addons and userscripts for something to completely block ht=
ml5 or force Youtube to use flash, but without success.

I found right click on video you are watching, about the html5 player, clic=
k on that, then part way down on left of screen use defaut player it disabl=
es html5.
0
vle1
3/4/2015 12:11:37 PM
hi there, i have windows xp, home edition version 2002, sp3. I use firefox =
as browser (but do have chrome) and lately (10 days or so) whenever I watch=
 you tube video, after like 10 mins or so, the screen goes blank but there =
is audio. I have googled for solution but cannot get anywhere. I am not rea=
lly ofay with this kind of thing but need HELP!!!!!!!!! Thanks jay.
0
isabeln38

YouTube HTML5 extension
Does anyone know if anyone is developing a YouTube HTML5 extension that wi= ll allow Firefox 2.0.0.20 and Higher to watch YouTube videos using the H.2= 64 video codec? Currently Firefox HTML5 only supports the Ogg Theora codec, so YouTube vid= eos cannot be watched with Firefox HTML5 support. I am using Firefox 2.0.0.20 which doesn't support HTML5 at all. I can't up= grade to a newer version of Firefox because I'm using Windows 98. ...

YouTube.com starts using HTML5 and not Flash?
Hello. Has anyone noticed that today? I am getting some HTML5 videos, and not Flash in my Mozilla's SeaMonkey v2.13.1 web browsers (similiar to the latest Firefox web browsers)! I need a HTML5 video blocker like FlashBlock. Ugh! :( I need a HTML5 video blocker like FlashBlock. Ugh! Does one even exist? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Look at them, fighting like ants. The fate's waiting them." --Kane in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality...

I thought YouTube now always used HTML5 instead of Flash?
Using Firefox 37.0.1. I've checked my cookies to make sure there are no YouTube or Flash cookies there. I use the FlashBlock addon. I have FlashBlock configured to block Flash, but to allow HTML5. I had thought that starting with Firefox 37, that YouTube would use HTML5 by default. But whatever YouTube video I try to play, up comes the FlashBlock "f" button, which I have to press to play the video. That indicates that it's still using Flash. I could add youtube.com to the FlashBlock whitelist, but then given what I've seen it would still use Flash. ...

Flash or HTML5
Hi, I just installed Delphi XE5 and it looked like it went OK. I launched it and registered it and it went to the Get Set Up page. But now It's complaining that I don't have Flash installed nor an HTML5 browser. When I click on the HTML 5 Browser link it tells me Firefox is a supported browser. But I have Firefox 25.0 and the current Flash Firefox plug-in installed. Why doesn't Delphi see them??? I looked in tools/options but I don't see an option to tell Delphi which browser to use. Firefox is the default browser. Gary which windows version? > {quo...

HTML5 YouTube
There's now an HTML5 interface to YouTube. "browsers that support the HTML5 tag and can play H.264-encoded video [currently, this means Safari and Chrome] can now watch videos on the site without needing to use Flash at all." <http://www.macworld.com/article/145828/2010/01/youtube_html5.html> Let's hope it's a harbinger of the eventual death of Flash in favour of open, standards-based methods of delivering content. "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." -- M...

youtube/ flash not working at all
ff3 on xpsp3 I have adblock's various cousins and flashblock installed. when I go to youtube page I invariably get the message, "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." I have installed flash several time through the above option, and also by directly downloading it. while installation, it gives the prompt to close ff, so that in ensured. Still it does not work. youtube is allowed in adblock also and have given youtube in flashblock option of allowed site, even then it is not ...

force uninstall extension
FF 1.5.0.9 Win XP HE Hi, How can I force uninstall an 'extension" listed in my extension list? When I downloaded Java runtime environment, it left an item in there permanently disabled listed as "J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9". Thanks -- stef wrote: > FF 1.5.0.9 Win XP HE > > Hi, How can I force uninstall an 'extension" listed in my extension > list? When I downloaded Java runtime environment, it left an item in > there permanently disabled listed as "J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 > Update 9". Thanks > ...

No sound in Youtube(Flash)
Hi! I have a problem with sound (OpenSUSE 11.3 64bits KDE 4.6.2 "Release 3"). Sound is working in Amarok, VLC and System-warnings, but not in any web-browsers that play youtube-videos. I have Flash 10.2.159.1 that is the latest version available from Adobe. I read somewhere that there was some problem with sound on Youtube, but i thought this was fixed. Need help! -- ronnys ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I don't know what happens, but after a reboot it works :-) Maybe there was som updates that require reboo...

Youtube (flash?) in FF3
Often, I will visit a youtube page and only really be interested in the audio. I will leave the page open and work in another app. If I do this in FF3, the video stops playing as soon as FF loses focus. Indeed, if i switch to another tab that isn't viewing a page in the same domain, the video stops as well. Is this a bug, is it a setting that I can change (if so, where?), or is this something I'm going to have to deal with? I'm not seeing that here if I: - go to youtube - watch a video - switch to another app However, as you're describing it, it's a f...

sunbird extension dev
Hi there, is there any info on how to write extensions for sunbird, or are there extensions? At least google didn't bring up any. Based on a user's request, I'm considering to port my AboutConfig extension (from thunderbird) to sunbird. Assuming the EM mechanism is the same as with TB (1.0 or deer park?), I would only need sunbird's UUID. A DOM inspector for sunbird would help, though ;) Cheers, Michael -- switch the part to the left and right of the at sign to get my address Michael J Gruber wrote: > ...for sunbird, ... are there extensions? ... Yes, ...

Shokwave and flash extensions
Name: Billie Kennedy Email: dannic06atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Shokwave and flash extensions Comments: I am having trouble installing extensions for shockwave and flash. I am using the latest release candadite for Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

youtube and flash player
Name: Marcos Umana Email: nightmare10192atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: youtube and flash player Comments: wile using firefox I took notice on how firefox will not alow me to turn down the quality in youtube. I found this very stress full. I hope this problem has been reported, and if not then there you go. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Embed flash in extension
Is it possible to embed flash in Firefox extension. I've tried to use <object> ttag in XUL but it does not works (flash displayed on HTML but not in XUL) On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:29:23 +0200, dzen wrote: > Is it possible to embed flash in Firefox extension. I've seen some extensions do this. Mostly embedded internet radio flash players. > I've tried to use <object> ttag in XUL but it does not works (flash > displayed on HTML but not in XUL) Assuming you have the right namespaces defined I think you can do this: <hbox> <html:...

An issue with flash in youtube
Name: Szymon Product: Firefox Summary: An issue with flash in youtube Comments: When you open a new card in Firefox by clicking by the roll of the mouse on link-movie from YouTube in message in Facebook and when you move the card to the new window and when you try to start to play the movie in the first card, you will see that the control is moved to the second window. Even context menu shows in the second window of Firefox when you right-click on the link-movie in the firs window (first card). Then only way to control the movie is by pressing space and pressing right and le...

Web resources about - Force flash on youtube (not html5) - mozilla.dev.extensions

YouTube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The site allows users to upload, view, and share videos, and it makes use of Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety ...

YouTube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The company is based in San Bruno, California , and uses Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video ...

YouTube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The company is based in San Bruno, California , and uses Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated and ...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
¡Comparte videos con tus amigos, familiares y el mundo!

YouTube Doubler - Mashup Helper
YouTube Doubler: Twice the Fun - Play 2 YouTubes at Once

Youtube Repeat - Repeat and Loop Videos
Repeat and Loop Videos from Youtube

YouTube Repeater - Automatically Play Videos in a Loop!
Type 'repeater' between 'youtube' and '.com' and your video will automatically repeat/replay in a loop. Use a mini player without menus or toolbars. ...

A way to link to a specific part of a youtube video
Is there a way to link to a specific part of a YouTube video? Yes.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Bagi video Anda dengan teman, keluarga, dan dunia

YouTube Converter. Download Free YouTube Converter.
❶ ★★★★★ YouTube Converter is a brand new unique entertainment program allowing any user to convert youtube videos from the largest and most popular ...