command line arguments for extension

Hello,

I am writing an extension which stores information about mail
transfer, stored files etc. in a RDF-repository to make it available
for other applications.

Now I want to start thunderbird with a messagID as command line
argument so that my extension can show this message (afaik there is no
built-in command line argument for that).
My question now is, how can I access command line arguments in my
extension?

Thx for your help,
David
0
einStein
7/4/2008 2:09:18 PM
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird 3464 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

einStein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing an extension which stores information about mail
> transfer, stored files etc. in a RDF-repository to make it available
> for other applications.
>
> Now I want to start thunderbird with a messagID as command line
> argument so that my extension can show this message (afaik there is no
> built-in command line argument for that).
> My question now is, how can I access command line arguments in my
> extension?

This file is probably a good one to look at:

http://mxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/extensions/inspector/base/js/inspector-cmdline.js

It is how the DOM inspector extension handles command line arguments -
note that the file includes how to work with older versions of
Thunderbird as well.

Standard8
0
Mark
7/4/2008 3:43:26 PM
On 04.07.2008 16:09   � einStein� wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing an extension which stores information about mail
> transfer, stored files etc. in a RDF-repository to make it available
> for other applications.
>
> Now I want to start thunderbird with a messagID as command line
> argument so that my extension can show this message (afaik there is no
> built-in command line argument for that).
> My question now is, how can I access command line arguments in my
> extension?
>
> Thx for your help,
> David

Hello David,
with our extension ReminderFox we are using the messageID to search the
mail stack for a specific message.
Have a look here: http://reminderfox.mozdev.org/faq-DE.html#e1

That works fine! The code is based on 'messageidfinder-2.0.0.xpi' by
Markus Hossner.

The points is, momentarily is only working with TB also ReminderFox is
an extension which works with some other MOZ apps ... like FX. So
basically I tried to make it also available from within FX but struggled
with the non existing command line option.

Now if you have any idea how to solve that problem, I would be very much
interested to share that experience ;-) !

Maybe the ReminderFox / messageidfinder-2.0.0.xpi can help you with the
other things.

G�nter
PS      you reach me also directly with my mail-adr at gmx without the
'NEWS'

0
gNeandr
7/4/2008 5:09:14 PM
Big thanx both of you!

I have followed your link, Standard8, and implemented an XPCOM object
like in the example of the DOM inspector.
It now works fine for me.

After that I have implemented the functionality to search an message
by its id looking at the code of messagefinder.
This seems to work pretty well too.
Thx for the hint, G=FCnter. But as I am only using the code for TB, I
cannot tell you how to solve your problem with other mozilla apps.

Now, the only thing which would be great for me, is that the message
opens in a running instance of TB.
Now it only works when TB is not running.
Any ideas?

David
0
einStein