Open a new window with window.open()

Hi,
=20
in our web application, we try to open a popup-window with
window.open(). But instead of opening a new window, a new tab is opened.
=20
In the SeaMonkey preferences, we configured it, to open new links in a
new tab. With firefox, we had the same preferences, but when
window.open() was called, a new window was opened.=20
How can we configure SeaMonkey, so that it has the Firefox behavior when
calling window.open() ?
=20
Thanks in advance.
=20
=20
=20
-1
Artur
1/15/2010 9:22:30 AM
📁 mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey
📃 1567 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1726 Views

Artur Zeiler schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> in our web application, we try to open a popup-window with
> window.open(). But instead of opening a new window, a new tab is opened.
>
> In the SeaMonkey preferences, we configured it, to open new links in a
> new tab. With firefox, we had the same preferences, but when
> window.open() was called, a new window was opened.
>
> How can we configure SeaMonkey, so that it has the Firefox behavior when
> calling window.open() ?
Have you inctalled any extensions?
Can you provide a sample page, please?
regards
Martin
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.asciiribbon.org/index-de.html
0
Martin
1/15/2010 10:16:23 AM
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:16:23 +0100, /Artur Zeiler/:
> in our web application, we try to open a popup-window with
> window.open(). But instead of opening a new window, a new tab is opened.
>
> In the SeaMonkey preferences, we configured it, to open new links in a
> new tab. With firefox, we had the same preferences, but when
> window.open() was called, a new window was opened.
>
> How can we configure SeaMonkey, so that it has the Firefox behavior when
> calling window.open() ?
Which version of Firefox?  Observe the value of the
"browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction" [1] preference, also.  In
my setup:
// Open links, that would normally open in a new window, in the
// current tab/window.
browser.link.open_newwindow=1
// Divert all links according to browser.link.open_newwindow, unless
// the new window specifies how it should be displayed...
browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction=2
If the page calls:
     window.open(url, windowName, 'resizable');
then a new window will be opened despite my first preference.  IIRC
there was a bug in Firefox 3 preventing the
"browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction" option to work as
expected.  The behavior should be all the same since Firefox
1.0/SeaMonkey 1.0, otherwise.
[1] http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction
--
Stanimir