Nightly download manager broken ?

hello all,

I am testing the Seamonkey and Firefox nightlies and I see since the
build 20140211 (yesterday) the following behavior:

- when the download manager is set to: ask me where to download each
file, there the download starts (bandwith consumed) but no file get
stored on my machine.

- when the download manager is set to a pre-defined folder, then all
work correctly.

More details: Windows 8 systems
download manager (Ctrl J) do not show anything in the first case, but
shows the download in the second case.

is there a bug already filed ?

Best regards,
Dominique
0
Dominique
2/12/2014 10:03:36 AM
mozilla.dev.apps.firefox 3660 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 12/02/2014 11:03, Dominique wrote:

> is there a bug already filed ?

FWIW:

Overhead of filing a bug that's already filed:
- any of the engineers involved does a few clicks in Bugzilla to dupe it

Overhead of not filing a bug and it getting into Aurora/Beta/Release:
- significantly more than the above for quite a bit more people

So what I'm saying is, if you don't find it in Bugzilla quickly, go
ahead and file ahead. If you can confirm that going back to a previous
version fixes it, it's not related to addons/profile etc that's also
very handy info to have in the bug.

--
GCP
0
On 2/13/2014 8:43 PM, Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:

> FWIW:
>
> Overhead of filing a bug that's already filed:
> - any of the engineers involved does a few clicks in Bugzilla to dupe it
>
> Overhead of not filing a bug and it getting into Aurora/Beta/Release:
> - significantly more than the above for quite a bit more people
>
> So what I'm saying is, if you don't find it in Bugzilla quickly, go
> ahead and file ahead. If you can confirm that going back to a previous
> version fixes it, it's not related to addons/profile etc that's also
> very handy info to have in the bug.

Well, I understand your point, here are the questions I should have asked:
- Anyone seeing also this behavior ?
- Anyone aware of a bug filed on this issue ?

Never mind anyway as I tested it again on 20140213 and all is working as
usual today !

Sorry for the noise.

0
Dominique

App manager and Dev Apps
Hello, I am experiencing problems to debug apps loaded in the App Manager. I don't have this problem if the App is downloaded from the Marketpalce and debugged with the App Manager. Is there a known problem to debug Dev Apps, loaded from a directory in your computer? Thanks, Juanma ...

sometimes can be error. than, i hope firefox create download manager to manage file when we download a file.
Name: epongmayana@gmail.com Email: epongmayanaatgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: sometimes can be error. than, i hope firefox create download manager to manage file when we download a file. Comments: i thing pre-release version of firefox is good, but if try, sometimes it can't be open. i like the template,so don't change it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090407 Minefield/3.6a1pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback b...

broken "open" commands in Firefox download manager
Since installed FF2 to my SuSE 9.1 Pro, I've experience a small inconvenience with its download manager : the "open" and "open containing folder" links do absolutely nothing ! Are they supposed to work, and how may I try to repair them manually ? Just in case , I've just typed "about:config" / "downlad" and gotten : browser.download.defaultFolder =/home/knoppix browser.download.dir = /home/knoppix/downlds browser.download.downloadDir = /home/knoppix/downnlds etc... "/home/knoppix/downnlds" is indeed where downloads arrive...

WebIDE (was "app manager") is now available in Firefox Nightly
We really want to make sure this tool will be used by Gaia developers in the future. Feel free to send me feature requests and bugs that might block you. Or file a bug: "Firefox > Developer Tools: App Manager". Blog post + screencast: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2014/06/webide-lands-in-nightly/ More info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevTools/WebIDE To use it: In about:config, toggle the "devtools.webide.enable" pref. In Tools > Web Developer, click "App Manager" or "WebIDE" (we recently changed the name, but it will be only visible tomor...

Downloading files within Firefox does not show up in download manager
Name: Gary Traverson Email: beachcomberatnycdotrrdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Downloading files within Firefox does not show up in download manager Comments: I tried to download a file and the download manager screen is displayed but no file is present. Check default download directory and the file is there. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for...

Firefox OS App Accounts Managed By Firefox Accounts
Hi Sync! tl;dr I want to allow users to setup email and calendar accounts with Firefox Accounts. How can we make that happen? My name is Gareth Aye and I work on the productivity group within gaia. We maintain the email and calendar apps. One core experience that we've built into both apps is account authorization. We'll likely always support an option to authorize email and calendar accounts in isolation from within the apps, but it'd be awesome if we could offer a more unified experience for users who want it. There are lots of service providers like Google, Yaho...

download manager shows broken download as "done"
Name: Peter Email: kukadlo_at_pobox.sk Product: Firefox Summary: download manager shows broken download as "done" Comments: Whenever I download something with firefox (1.0.x and 1.5 Beta 1) and connection is abruptly closed, download manager does show finished download with for example "12345KB of 12345KB downloaded", while the partialy downloaded file on the disk has smaller size, for example 2KB. Such download should show correct actual file size on disk and "retry" button at least. (so I know immediately the file is corrupted) (and the "...

Every time I connect to the internet, my download manager attempts to download Firefox.
Name: Suren Email: suren239atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Every time I connect to the internet, my download manager attempts to download Firefox. Comments: Every time I connect to the internet, my download manager attempts to download Firefox. This issue started some time ago, with the last FF2.x updates. It is now continuing with Firefox 3.0.1 Is there something I can do to stop this happening? Thanks Suren Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

How do I force Firefox to hand off downloads of .exe files to an external download manager?
It does all right with archives and non-program files, but a lot of installers are executables (and huge)... Without high-speed access and on a line that is intermittently noisy, I need Firefox to treat exe download files like any other archive and hand them off to my download manager... and there doesn't appear to be any simple way to do it in Firefox 1.5 Thanks in advance phorbin phorbin wrote: > > It does all right with archives and non-program files, but a lot of > installers are executables (and huge)... > > Without high-speed access a...

About firefox downloading manager
Name: Metin Çetin Email: mchatinatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: About firefox downloading manager Comments: Dear responsible; I have been using mozilla firefox for years. I would like to thank you for all great developments and its easy interface. As a constant user, I would like to share a problem whose solution will be of your advantage. As you already know; while downloading a file it uses a great deal of your bandwith. Thus; downloading disables you to browse among sites. I examined other browsers as well, but I could not find anything useful on this subj...

Firefox download manager
Name: Ravi Gupta Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox download manager Comments: I have been using firefox over IE from some time now. I like and appreciate the innovativeness of Firefox. Though i must bring in the short coming of the inbuilt download manager. it does not have the ability to resume paused downloads. Would be a huge hit if it does this also as to overcome this issue i have to use a separate download manager line orbit, DAP, IDM etc Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.o...

firefox: launch a download under the download manager with a double clichk instead of one click
hello :) ...

Download Manager Broken
when i download something or save a picture it doesn't go up so i can't save my files or pictures so i checked the error box it said something was wrong with the downloads.rdf when i went to see if it was there it wasn't i don't know if it's the downloads.rdf thing or just something eles plz reply thank you matty1995@sbcglobal.net wrote: > when i download something or save a picture it doesn't go up so i > can't save my files or pictures so i checked the error box it said > something was wrong with the downloads.rdf when i went to see if it >...

Download manager broken
Name: Jeff Strand Email: jeffstrandatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Download manager broken Comments: When clicking a download link, the open file/save file box comes up, then it hangs up, with the "OK" option button grayed out. Eventually the button becomes clickable, but it seems that it is not until the file is mostly downloaded. Other download bugs: files being saved as .asp files, with no ablity to save with the correct file extension Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

Web resources about - Nightly download manager broken ? - mozilla.dev.apps.firefox

Download to Donate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download to Donate is a program by Music for Relief , a non-profit organization established by Linkin Park in 2005 to help victims of natural ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
Dropify launched in January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

CrowdMob’s Mafia Location Game Harnesses Facebook Places to Drive Downloads
Even though Facebook likely has around 700 million users now, it actually isn’t often that we hear the social network is a major driver for user ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

PSA: Rdio closing on 22 December, download your playlists now or lose them forever
If you’re an Rdio user, you have a week to download your playlists before the service goes offline at 8pm ET/5pm PT on Tuesday 22 December. Although ...