How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?

I am developing an extension that processes some command line options.
I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this:

> ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2

I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when
there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the
command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance
of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time
(paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no
luck.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if
invoking of chatzilla with similar scnario has ever worked?

thanks in advance,
Sandip
0
Sandip
2/2/2008 8:04:01 PM
mozilla.dev.apps.firefox 3660 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

You mean, the -no-remote option?

nikitas

Sandip wrote:
> I am developing an extension that processes some command line options.
> I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this:
>
>> ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2
>
> I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when
> there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the
> command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance
> of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time
> (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no
> luck.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if
> invoking of chatzilla with similar scnario has ever worked?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Sandip
0
Nikitas

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

command line commands passed to perl script?
Hi all, Sorry, should have added this to my last email. Does anyone know how to pass values to a perl script through the command line? Do you use param as in CGI scripting/ I want a user to be able to specify certain parameters for the perl script (in case they want to run an overnight scheduler on it). Eg. testscript.pl /? gives you help or testscript /a gives you another capability... Ben __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/ Nameofperlscript command1 command2 command3 Params s...

command line arguments for extension
Hello, I am writing an extension which stores information about mail transfer, stored files etc. in a RDF-repository to make it available for other applications. Now I want to start thunderbird with a messagID as command line argument so that my extension can show this message (afaik there is no built-in command line argument for that). My question now is, how can I access command line arguments in my extension? Thx for your help, David einStein wrote: > Hello, > > I am writing an extension which stores information about mail > transfer, stored files etc. in a...

Passing command line arguments
------_=_NextPart_001_01C54075.E7225C28 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a script that is reading input from ARGV. The script is being passed a file name as follows: =20 datefile.pl c:\program files\IBM\SQLLIB\DB2\db2diag.log =20 The problem I am running into is that the space is not recognized in the argument. All that I get passed to is is c:\program . How do I get the rest of the argument. Below is a portion of the script. Thanks. =20 #*********************************************** # check i...

How to pass string in command line argument.
------=_Part_34745_22223991.1161859678592 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline hi , I want to pass a command argument to perl script with double quotes (" ); below is my scenario my xml file is something like this .. <root> <reff> <var1>123</var1> <var2>this is my name</var2> </reff> <reff> <var1>234</var1> <var2>this is others name </var2> </reff> </root> my perl script...

Passing table name as (command line) argument
Any way to pass the name of a table to be processed via an argument either from a command line or in a composite report. We have several tables that are processed by otherwise identical reports/cross-tabs. Rick; If you have PowerBuilder at your site you could do it by: 1) In PB, create a global function(GF). In that function, use the "GetContextKeywords" method to access DOS environment variables. Return a "String" of the DOS variable you wish to locate. 2) In PB, modify the report Window class in the IMStyle.pbl library that IM uses to build the E...

Installing firefox / extension from command line on windows ?
Hi , I need to install firefox and a extension for it remotely on 40 machines at my workplace. Is there a way to script this for windows. The extension needs to be installed only for non-admin user. thanks in advance, vivekian vivekian wrote: > Hi , > > I need to install firefox and a extension for it remotely on 40 > machines at my workplace. Is there a way to script this for windows. > The extension needs to be installed only for non-admin user. > > thanks in advance, > vivekian > This link may be helpful : http://www.mozilla.org/proje...

Can I pass dynamic command-line arguments?
Is there a way to pass dynamic command-line arguments when I run the .wdk file? Shoshana Kalson ...

Passing command line arguments to XUL application
Hi all, I am new to XUL. I am trying to port a MFC web application to XUL. I have gone through the tutorial for creating XUL-based browser application (launched with XULRunner.exe) without using any C++ code. All the code is in JavaScript. One problem I am having is to retrieve the command line arguments that I pass to the XUL application. In the MFC version, I would execute something like: myApp.exe -x 200 -y 400 -z "long string argument" So in my XUL-based application I tried the following: XULRunner.exe myApp -x 200 -y 400 -z "long string arg...

Passing data arguments via command line
Sorry, let's try that again with a sensible subject line -- Mo ======== Hi all, This is a very dim question, but hey, this is a beginners' list so I hope you'll forgive me. I want to be able to pass variable data arguments to my perl script from an outside application by calling a command line that's something along the lines of: perl myscript.pl "data1" "data2 "data3" (a) is it possible to pass data arguments via the command line in this way? (b) inside the script I want to assign them to variables -- but how do I reference...

using command-line args into a XULRunner app
Hi My apologies if the subject has already been posted before. is there a way to get into an application the arguments passed to the command line ? ie : xulrunner --app myapp.ini arg1 arg2 ... I just need a link and everything will be perfect. Thanks in advance --Pascal Pascal Guimier wrote: > Hi > My apologies if the subject has already been posted before. > is there a way to get into an application the arguments passed to the > command line ? > ie : xulrunner --app myapp.ini arg1 arg2 ... > I just need a link and everything will be perfect. nsIComman...

Passing command line arguments to a XUL application? How?
I have an application which is started on client hosts using "firefox -chrome chrome://idesk/chrome". I am looking for a solution to pass an additional URL as argument to the application where the application get some further UI informations from. This since URL is specific to the client I can not hard-code the URL into the XUL application. I played with reading the information from a local configuration file in the file-system (which works) but the client application can run on any operating system and being installed in any location..so there is no fixed location I can...

Web resources about - How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS? - mozilla.dev.apps.firefox

Tax protester administrative arguments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tax protesters in the United States make a number of administrative arguments that the assessment of the federal income tax in the United States ...

Nicholas Sofer-Schreiber became target due to superfoods argument
Court told accused linked an argument he once had about superfoods to his grandfather's death in 2013.

Net neutrality supporters optimistic after court arguments
(credit: Daniel Gies ) Net neutrality supporters optimistic after court arguments Internet providers suing the Federal Communications Commission ...

"This oral argument... shone a light on the inaccuracy of the concept of 'one person, one vote' that ...
... That's always a pretty decent idea." The last 3 sentences in an 8-sentence update I just added to last night's "Supreme Court Hears Arguments ...

Scalia stokes controversy as Supreme Court hears arguments on affirmative action
Scalia mentioned an argument suggesting some African American students might be better-served at less-advanced schools

Supreme Court hears oral arguments in Texas affirmative action case
CNN Supreme Court hears oral arguments in Texas affirmative action case CNN Washington (CNN) In possibly the most consequential case concerning ...

Morning Digest: Supreme Court hears argument in case that could end 'one person, one vote' rule
Leading Off : ‚óŹ Redistricting : On Tuesday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case that, if successful, would overturn the concept ...

A Completely Dumb And Unnecessary Argument About Sex Scenes
Batman v Superman is coming out soon, and the man in charge of this fiasco was also the architect of arguably the worst sex scene in movie history. ...

Closing Arguments, Deliberations Set in Officer Assault Case
Jury deliberations set in trial of Delaware police officer who kicked suspect in the head

Does San Bernardino give weight to the NRA's argument to arm more?
It was three years ago this month that Wayne LaPierre , executive vice president of the National Rifle Assn. , enraged gun-control advocates ...