GCLI nomenclature (was: Thinking in commands, developer tools command line)

> Can we please think of a more snappy name than "GCLI"? :-)

What about DevPrompt, DevBar, or QuickBar? I quite like DevPrompt,
personally; you could, for localisation, expand it out to Developer Prompt.

Barry van Oudtshoorn
http://barryvan.com.au/
bvanoudtshoorn@gmail.com
0
Barry
12/14/2011 10:06:15 AM
mozilla.dev.apps.firefox 3660 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Thinking in commands, developer tools command line
Joe Walker has been building a great "modern command line" for developer tools. You can see it right now in Nightly by setting devtools.gcli.enable to true in about:config. When you do so, you'll see the Web Console's JavaScript command line change to a tool-oriented command line (which means: designed to be very quick to type). You can still run JavaScript by hitting { (curly brace) This has the potential to be an amazing feature... but it needs commands. I started a wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevTools/ThinkingInCommands I'm interested in hearin...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Command line Tool to REMOVE associations between apps and users
Hello world, does anybody know about a tool similar to appassoc.exe from the ZEN toolkit that can REMOVE associations between workstation groups and application objects from NDS? We switched to an organizational setup, where users rent their notebooks and software from the IT department. Bookkeeping is done in a database application that creates the necessary objects and associations in NDS (workstation group <-> application object) through a set of scripts. Now when a user stops renting an app, it's removed from the database and he's not billed for it anymore. ...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

KDE4 icons and command line commands
I'm running Suse 11.3 with KDE4. I have an icon in my Kickoff Application Launcher for xterm. When I click on the icon, it apparently executes the command /usr/bin/xterm which generates a large window with a large font. I would like to get a smaller window with a smaller font. I know how to do that on a command line but to execute the command I need to _already_ have a window open so I can run the command. So how do I (a) add a new icon to the KDE launcher which generates the command I want or (b) change the existing icon so that it executes MY command and not the basic...

Cool command line prompt command
Last night I rebooted a web server, and after doing so, I couldn't RDP into it. So, in the meanwhile, while I awaited a response from those in power who could go to the data center and physically restart the server, I thought there must be a command line prompt command that I can run from one of the other servers to reboot it. I found a command called shutdown. I ran shutdown /r /f ComputerName and it rebooted the server and then I was able to access it via RDP. shutdown /r /f ComputerName /r - Restart/f - Forced restartRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.c...

TFS Command Line Get Command
Hi Can you pls help me how to pull the latest version or label from the TFS through Command Line. I went through the msdn documentation. I am not able to get a clear picture. I am expecting some command with example where I can pass the server name, Credentials and sourcepath and Destination path. Basically I want to pull the get latest to a local path which  will be specified in the command line utility. Hope so I am clear.  Pls help me.RegardsFinny  You can use tf command line utilityThis utility can be found in C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Visual Studio (9 or 8...

Firefox command line
Hi, I want to open Firefox by command line sending an url as argument (first part) and after I want to know if the url was completely loaded (second part). The first part is okay, but the second is a little dark. I've searched for some command line reference, but I can't found it. Is there some reference or can anyone help me? Thanks, Jos=E9 Valim. Jos� Valim wrote: > Hi, > > I want to open Firefox by command line sending an url as argument > (first part) and after I want to know if the url was completely loaded > (second part). > > The...

Command line "move" command?
I have a question about possibly setting up a Cron job to move files. First some background. Netware 6.0, Groupwise 6.5. We are using Gwavasig to append a signature to our email messages. Some of our email messages seem to get stuck in the Gwavasig "send" directory, particularly when we send out large numbers of messages (like our monthly client mailout) . However, if we move these files from "send" to "receive" they all go out with no problem. I would like to automate this so that any remaining messages are moved automatically once or twice a day. S...

command-line commands within a Perl script
Hi, I have a directory with several subdirectories, each full of several dozen Word files. For each subdirectory, I need to run the checksum app against all of that directory's files and output a file into that directory with the checksum results. How can I do this? I'm very unfamilar with running command-line commands from within an Perl script. I know to change directories, you can do something like this: $changeDir = "cd ".$startingDir; system($changeDir); but what about retrieving the list of subdirectories from the starting directory? How can I do this? ...

What are command line commands to detach and attach a db
What are the command line commands to detach and attach a database? My copy of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express has stopped working. So I need to detach the database using the commands.Thank youJackxxx Is this what you are looking for: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! sp_attach_db sp_detach_dbBeware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. (Donald Knuth)...

command line commands passed to perl script?
Hi all, Sorry, should have added this to my last email. Does anyone know how to pass values to a perl script through the command line? Do you use param as in CGI scripting/ I want a user to be able to specify certain parameters for the perl script (in case they want to run an overnight scheduler on it). Eg. testscript.pl /? gives you help or testscript /a gives you another capability... Ben __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/ Nameofperlscript command1 command2 command3 Params s...

Web resources about - GCLI nomenclature (was: Thinking in commands, developer tools command line) - mozilla.dev.apps.firefox

Must-Watch Game Awards Speech Salutes Hard-Working Game Developers
“Thank you for making games.... We are forever in your debt.” Kinda Funny gaming pundit Greg Miller may have won the award for Trending Gamer ...