Firefox crashes on start - won't go into safe mode, won't work after un/reinstall

I'm hoping someone can help me here.  I've looked up and down google
to try and find the answer to no avail.  Suddenly, today, firefox
stopped working.  I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did
the following:
upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned
upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer
optimization
I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working
fine before that.  The first crash report I got referenced
moveplayer@movenetworks.com.  Since then, they've been different.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing works.  I tried safe mode -
get the same crash report.  I tried installing 3.0 and get the same
issues.
Any suggestions please?!  Thank you,
Jeannie
0
brwniydgirl
12/24/2008 9:18:09 PM
📁 mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
📃 3660 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1428 Views

Can you provide the crash report ID? In Firefox 3.0 it is available in
about:crashes.
I believe Spyware Doctor integrates with Firefox though I don't know
which method they have chosen to do so. You might want to try
uninstalling Spyware Doctor to see if Firefox stops crashing and then
reinstall it.
I doubt Registry Mchanic caused any problems though it is possible.
Also, when you uninstall Firefox you should take a look at the
installation directory for any files left behind. The uninstaller only
uninstalls files that it has installed and it is possible that another
application placed files into the installation directory. If you do
this, please make a note of all of the files left behind after uninstall
and send me the names of the files. If there are files you could either
delete the directory after uninstall but this will remove any
functionality these files from other applications provide or you could
install into a new directory.
Cheers,
Robert
On 12/24/2008 1:18 PM, brwniydgirl wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can help me here.  I've looked up and down google
> to try and find the answer to no avail.  Suddenly, today, firefox
> stopped working.  I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did
> the following:
>
> upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned
> upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer
> optimization
>
> I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working
> fine before that.  The first crash report I got referenced
> moveplayer@movenetworks.com.  Since then, they've been different.
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing works.  I tried safe mode -
> get the same crash report.  I tried installing 3.0 and get the same
> issues.
>
> Any suggestions please?!  Thank you,
> Jeannie

Robert
12/24/2008 9:43:31 PM
Hi Robert,  Thank you for the response.  I did uninstall Spyware Doc
and then reinstalled Firefox 3.0.5 and it worked then.  I wouldn't
have expected that to be the cause.  Thanks for your help.
0
brwniydgirl