Having a public calendar for the calendar team

Hi all,

We talked about doing this before the 0.3 release, got busy and shelved
the idea. Just the other day, I was asked about this on IRC, so I'm
going to bring it up again.

Should we have a public calendar detailing events of the
Sunbird/Lightning effort? I think so.

The main questions (in my mind) are:
* Where should it be hosted? There was some talk of using the public
Cosmo server for this at one point, we even experimented with putting
one on the wiki.mozilla.org site as well. I'm certain there are many
good ideas.
* Who will update it? I think it should be a collection of various
people, and I will definitely volunteer to help with this.
* What data will it contain: IRC chat meetings, conference calls,
deadlines, test days etc.
* What are the other issues that need to be addressed for this to happen?

Thanks,

Clint
0
Clint
11/6/2006 3:15:06 AM
mozilla.dev.apps.calendar 1161 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hey there Clint,

It's been a while since you posted this so I apologise for the late
reply. Still, better late than never. :)

Such a calendar would would be a fantastic thing for all of the persons
involved in the Sunbird/Lightning project. It would provide a central
point for us to check all the relevant dates and deadlines for whatever
tasks we are working in, making it much easier for everyone to keep on
schedule without having to go through large amounts of newsgroup posts
to check for dates.

Sincerely,
Jo=E3o Pinheiro

Clint Talbert wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> We talked about doing this before the 0.3 release, got busy and shelved=

> the idea. Just the other day, I was asked about this on IRC, so I'm
> going to bring it up again.
>=20
> Should we have a public calendar detailing events of the
> Sunbird/Lightning effort? I think so.
>=20
> The main questions (in my mind) are:
> * Where should it be hosted? There was some talk of using the public
> Cosmo server for this at one point, we even experimented with putting
> one on the wiki.mozilla.org site as well. I'm certain there are many
> good ideas.
> * Who will update it? I think it should be a collection of various
> people, and I will definitely volunteer to help with this.
> * What data will it contain: IRC chat meetings, conference calls,
> deadlines, test days etc.
> * What are the other issues that need to be addressed for this to happe=
n?
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Clint

0
ISO

Thunderbird Calendar with Exchange 2003 Calendar and Public Folders Calendar
Hi all, I'm looking high and low for any way to make Thunderbird Calendar read/edit my Exchange calendar and/or a calendar on our Exchange public folders. So far I'm having no luck. Has anybody had any luck with this? I'd also be open to using any free/open source utility that could read/edit these calendars. Regards, jd ...

My Calendar and Team (Role) Calendar
Are there any modules that show Events/Calendars with two different views: i) All entries ii) My entries only?Jonathan Palmer ...

Make Calendar or Sunbird Default Calendar App
Using Windows XP Pro, I do not see Sunbord or Calendar in the list for Default Applications. When I go to Internet Properties, click Programs, Select down arror next to calendar Outlook is my only option. Should Sunbord or Calendar be there? bstancil@gmail.com wrote: > Using Windows XP Pro, I do not see Sunbord or Calendar in the list for > Default Applications. When I go to Internet Properties, click > Programs, Select down arror next to calendar Outlook is my only option. > Should Sunbord or Calendar be there? > "Internet Properties" are in fact t...

Hijri Calendar in Calendar Extender
I'm using some calendar extender controls in my ASP.NET 2.0 website but i would like for them to show the Hijri calender in the control even if the value inserted into the textbox after choosing a date in Gregorian . I've searched the forums and i found this post http://forums.asp.net/p/1244824/2284455.aspx i tried the way explained there but i only got the month in Hijri the year and days remained in Gregorian. Any way to fix this?   Thanks any help? After some search on the Internet it looks like the Calendar Extender doesn't support fully the Hijri Calendar ye...

asp:Calendar or any calendar control....
Hi, I would like to put a calendar on my webpage that informs users of special events coming up.  I would like the users to be able to mouse over a date and for a balloon or something to pop up and inform them of any events on that date. How do I go about writing the code for something like this?  Thank you. Hi kmj2384, U can dynamically add any Html tag to Calendar Contol Cell from DayRender Method. U can use e.Cell.Text  = <Dynamically Generated Html DATA> in DayRender method. In the HTML u can put onmouseover and onmouseout to hide and show any div. I hope...

Calendar control
normally i use a variation of a subclassed calendar (http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/MellDataCalendar.asp) but now i find myself needing to add actuall controls into the cells representing the days - in the one in the link it doesnt work and I havent been able to modify my version to handle it - I dont think you can when subclassing the calendar control My question is this: has anyone done something like this - if so how do i fix this issue or where do i start on building a control to handle templates for a databound calendar that will allow me to add web controls into the cells?   ...

Calendar View Week and Calendar
Hi, after Upgrade to GW 7.0.2 (from 6.5) we have a Problem with the Calender View "Week and Calendar". This is our Default Calendar View and look fine when we open the Calendar with the Calendar Icon on the left Site in Groupwise(Folder View). Wee see then on the left Site of the Calendar 3 ore 4 Month and 7 Day's of the Week. But when we try to open this View with help of the "Calendar" Button on the Symbolborder, we see only one Month on the Calendar witch besides overlab the Hours. This looks like to be a different view. How can i change this ...

Events sync'ed from Lightning HOME calendar to G-calendar using Provider for Google calendar don't transfer up to Google server calendar
Hi, I'm running T'bird 17.0.2, Lightning 1.9, Provider for Google Calendar = 0.18 on multiple PCs running Window 7 Home Premium (64bit) and want to keep= calendars in sync... I have 2 calendars showing on Lightning - the original Lightning Home calen= dar and the downloaded Google calendar (G-cal). I am finding that entries = I make directly into the G-cal in Lightning transfer up to Google and back = to another PC without problem. Also, if I make an entry in the Lightning H= ome calendar and hit the sync button it apears in the G-cal in Lightning bu= t it does not transfe...

Google Calendar and Gnome Calendar
Hi, I found a nice trick in gnome calendar. This calendar can be synchronized with Google's calendar. I found the explanation in the website below: 'Cagdas&#8217;s Blog � Blog Archive � Google Calendar & Gnome' (http://altinkaya.org/wp/linux/google-calendar-gnome/) Unfortunately, it seems to not work in openSuse 11. Someone knows how can I made the same thing in openSuse 11? The problem is the path. There is no /usr/lib/evolution-webcal in openSuse. Maybe I just have to change the path, but I didn't find anything like it. Thanks in advance for the...

Calendar:Improving the Calendar Views
Hi! Some points for discussion concerning: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Improving_the_Calendar_Views First of all: this locks great to me - please go forward in this direction! And thanks for this nice little ASCII arts! 1. I think its great to have just one surface, either Calendaring or Mail (including all toolbar buttons and so on) exposed at one time, and easily switch between them by just klicking one button (what will hide all non usable toolbar buttons and so on). 2. In Respect to the agreement (Toronto) that Lightning will be a Calendaring program with some...

Calendar
Anyone know how to configure Thunderbird to start Calendar automatically when Thunderbird starts up? ...

calendar
Hi I am trying to show  workouts in a calendar control.i want to show the past 2 weeks workout and future 2 weeks workout ,so i want the current date should be diplayed in third row of this control. how to display the current date in the third row of calendar control in asp.net Any ideas???...

Calendar
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find a perl calendar script that just returns a date value to a textbox? I've looked all over the web and can only find event based calendars. Thanks in advance, Mark. ********************************************************************** This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the addressee unless otherwise indicated. Allied Irish Banks ********************************************************************** mark o' sullivan wrote: > Hi, > Does anyone know where I can find a perl calendar script that j...

Calendar
How do you set up to see the calendar in month view with multiusers appointments etc showing? On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:14:46 +0000, Jim wrote: > How do you set up to see the calendar in month view with multiusers > appointments etc showing? Can't be done with the multiuser calendar, sorry. -- Joe Marton Novell Support Forum SysOp Novell does not officially monitor these forums! ...

Web resources about - Having a public calendar for the calendar team - mozilla.dev.apps.calendar

The beard calendar
How am I not in this? ∞ Read this on The Loop

Calendar (application) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"iCal" redirects here. For the standard file format for addresses and calendar entries, see iCalendar . For other uses, see Ical . Calendar , ...

Get in the holiday spirit with Christmas advent calendar apps
Maybe you remember how exciting it was as a kid to open that little door each day on the advent calendar. Or, perhaps you have one in your house ...

28 New Ideas for Elf on the Shelf + A Free Calendar & Printables
... fail to buy. If this is your first time reading one of my posts, be sure to check out my other Elf posts where you'll find additional calendars, ...

Amy Schumer poses naked for new Pirelli calendar celebrating 'distinguished women'
Amy Schumer stripped down for the 43rd Pirelli calendar, but she's one of few women who did. Beautiful, gross, strong, thin, fat, pretty, ugly, ...

Taxi Drivers of NYC Release Sexy Calendar Because Firefighters Can't Have All the Fun
And its proceeds go to charity. Aw yeah! You've seen sexy firefighter calendars . You were really into the sexy naked veterans coffee-table book ...

The best Black Friday deals to set your calendar for
There are so many Black Friday deals out there it’s incredibly difficult to keep up with them all, even for someone who’s paid to do just that. ...

Amy Schumer Poses Nearly Nude for Pirelli Calendar Photo She Calls 'Thin, Fat, Pretty, Ugly'
Amy Schumer Poses Nearly Nude for Pirelli Calendar Photo She Calls 'Thin, Fat, Pretty, Ugly'

Amy Schumer and Serena Williams Improve The 2016 Pirelli Calendar Immensely
... is perhaps the most progressive in a series that has been leaning more and more that way in recent years. If a certain notorious pin-up calendar ...

Gift This, Not That: Year In Space vs. Space Views From Hubble Calendars
If you're looking for a calendar for the astronomy, space or science enthusiast, there's really only one choice you should make.