Tech question, XP?

    How are all of you guys already "owning" WindowsXP?  I know there was a
beta signup, I signed, back in June, up but MS failed to fulfill my order.
and of course I cant seem to get any satisfaction, I cant figure out who to
call...  I printed out the bill at the end of registration that says thank
you and 9.95, and I have written them twice, they responded only once...
but that is another rant...

    Did all of the beta testers get an advanced released copy?  I have been
seemingly everywhere looking for it and they all still say "Pre Order" and
MS has a 10.00 off coupon making it 89.00 US, but again it is PREORDER.  I
used to work for a company that we got this kind of stuff all the time,
because my super, was one of those guys who was actually a spot on-
super-tech before the promotion to super, unlike the "Suits" I now deal
with...  (see Dilbert <G>)
Since you got it tell me this, how much did it cost after beta?

Thanks

Plowboy
0
plowboy

Well some of us have a few MS certs and can actually run real copies as we
have to test it and otherwise.  Then there are those who walk a little on
the dark side and run "tweaked" copies.

Jason
"plowboy" <stingre@stingre.at.yahoo.com.spam> wrote in message
>     How are all of you guys already "owning" WindowsXP?  I know there was
> beta signup, I signed, back in June, up but MS failed to fulfill my order.
> and of course I cant seem to get any satisfaction, I cant figure out who
> call...  I printed out the bill at the end of registration that says thank
> you and 9.95, and I have written them twice, they responded only once...
> but that is another rant...
>
>     Did all of the beta testers get an advanced released copy?  I have
been
> seemingly everywhere looking for it and they all still say "Pre Order" and
> MS has a 10.00 off coupon making it 89.00 US, but again it is PREORDER.  I
> used to work for a company that we got this kind of stuff all the time,
> because my super, was one of those guys who was actually a spot on-
> super-tech before the promotion to super, unlike the "Suits" I now deal
> with...  (see Dilbert <G>)
> Since you got it tell me this, how much did it cost after beta?
>
> Thanks
>
> Plowboy

0
Jason
10/1/2001 9:32:00 PM
It's probably widely available in Taiwan, by now.
--
Dave "Crash" Dummy
Certified Dilettante

Jason
0
Jason
10/1/2001 10:58:00 PM
Gateway is also selling new pc's with XP installed on them

Jason
0
Jason
10/1/2001 11:45:00 PM
Plowboy:

Dnloaded RC from:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/

PS RC is Release Candidate
0
CZ
10/2/2001 1:06:00 AM
WinXP Home/Professional is already avaliable as OEM on 1 PC manafacturer in
NZ

""Crash" Dummy" <dvader@deathstar.mil> wrote in message
> It's probably widely available in Taiwan, by now.
> --
> Dave "Crash" Dummy
> Certified Dilettante
> Dave@gpick.net

0
jinypk

here's a tech question for non-tech
I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run as a service? Would that require separating the user interface from the app? Thanks, Bill William Meyer wrote on 4/22/2010 : > I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping > someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather > complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run > as a service?...

windows ME questions, questions, questions.......
Hi, my next PC will be running Windows ME. The PC will be supplied via my work, so there's no choice here for me (ME?) (I think I would have preferred 98 SE). The harddisk (40GB matrox) will have ME installed, and both the Windows ME set-up files and an image of the initial Harddisk 'on a hidden partition'. Word has it that this partition is not seen by Format nor FDisk. Is this really possible? No Windows CD will be supplied. Seems a new way of MS to encourage working with licensed software only. Anyone familiar with this way of distributing an OS? Will I be able to ...

Not a tech question
I am not sure this is the best place to post this question... We are getting ready to deploy and have some licesing issues... How many licenses would we need for the current model: 500 CE Clients (ultralite) 50 threads on Mobilink ASA(?) How many licenses on ASA does Mobilink take up? Does mobilink require Concurrent licenses? Thanks in advance... Pedro That is best answered by your sales rep. Call 1-800-8-SYBASE, or whatever your local number is (depending on country) -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Please only post to the newsgroup...

xp question
I ran across some info (rumor?) that xp came w/ spyware/adware? Sounds like smart tags to me?? Is anyone aware of other inclusions w/ xp? Thanks in advance >>----- Original Message ----- >>From: "Taylors" <starksuggs@charter.net> >>Newsgroups: grc.spyware >>Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 8:29 AM >>Subject: xp question >>I ran across some info (rumor?) that xp came w/ spyware/adware? Sounds like >>smart tags to me?? Is anyone aware of other inclusions w/ xp? I guess it depends on your point of view. Microsoft prob...

XP question
XP machine has gone "berserk" downloading and installing SP's / updates etc. Has gotten itself to the point where it's almost useless. Any process takes "forever" Thinking of uninstalling all SP's etc and starting over. Any tips, advice etc. A clean "reinstall" is not really an option at this time. Or, should I just uninstall Norton System "Slow works" and go with AVG?? tia -- 95isalive This site is best viewed.................. ...............................with a computer If your machine really has gone "berserk&qu...

XP Question
Not sure which group to post this in. Anyway, does anyone know how to startup windows XP without showing windows screens? I want the pc to start up without showing any microsoft specific stuff. How to do that? Any hints? I know how to bypass the login screen, but before that there is a windows screen with a progress bar.. Thanks, Totte Il Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:59:12 -0700, totte karlsson <tottek@gmail.com> ha scritto: >Not sure which group to post this in. > >Anyway, does anyone know how to startup windows XP without showing windows >screens? I want the p...

XP questions...
I just switched to XP SP1 Professional-slowly getting the hang of it...just wanted to know a few things... 1) I've noticed that it shows zip files along with folders in the tree pane of Explorer-even if u have winzip installed for handling zip files by default. How do u prevent them from coming in the tree pane? 2) Anyone seen a theme for xp that resembles Sun Java's Swing interface? (If you've used Morpheus P2P software-it has a 'java' skin-thats the kind of theme im looking for) 3) How does one turn off msn (or rather windows) messenger?? i haven't told it to...

XP Question
Is it normal to get a process accessing the net without giving it access through ZoneAlarm??? It only seems to happen when I give IE6 access to the net. The process is 69? and 712 I have had a Trojen active on my system but have re-installed with XP since and have run a complete check with AVG and nothing has shown up. any ideas??? Kaos <kaos@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >Is it normal to get a process accessing the net without giving it access >through ZoneAlarm??? > >It only seems to happen when I give IE6 access to the net. > >The process is 69? an...

XP question.
Is there a simple way to list all the user profile folders or user account names on an XP PC that can be used in a batch file? Thanks. On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:49:10 +0000, John wrote: > Is there a simple way to list all the user profile folders or user account > names on an XP PC that can be used in a batch file? Thanks. um, dir "c:\documents and settings" ? -- Joe "Mostly me, mostly you." I'll research that tonight. -- Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Joseph Marton wrote: > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:49:...

XP Question
Anyone know of a utility that will record what files / folders / registry keys an application accesses when it is starting? Do you also know if it is possible to list what permissions it needs to access the files e.g. administrator permissions or user permissions? Thanks. go to ms site - search sysinternals - lotsa gadgets like procmon, psmon, filemon, regmon -- http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog sysinternals regmon/filemon -- http://abeNd.org - Novell News for IT Professionals - "Arthur" <Arthur@Novell.com> wrote in message news:6kezj.7230$Ec...

Question about questions
Name: Edward Newill Email: ernewillatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Question about questions Comments: Is there an email address that I can send a question too? I could not find one in the Service area of your site. I would like to know how I create signatures for my Thunderbird email? Best regards, E. Newill Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

XP question. #2
I need to run a batch file with administrator rights when users without administrator rights log on to the local PC. Is there any freeware programs that will do this that you know of? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I think I have it sorted. "Arthur" wrote in message news:OHBcr.7098$V43.2381@kovat.provo.novell.com... I need to run a batch file with administrator rights when users without administrator rights log on to the local PC. Is there any freeware programs that will do this that you know of? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Not offhand ...

XP programing question
Does anybody know, what do I need do compile test xp_echo in ${SYBASE}/samples/esp directory ? Problem is that ospublic.h and oserror.h is missing. Hi Roman, You need to get OpenServer 11.9.2 for Linux. Call 1-800-8SYBASE or your Sybase Salesperson to obtain it. Jason "roman dvoran" <roman@dvoran.sk> wrote in message news:Hj9QjlkS$GA.287@forums.sybase.com... > Does anybody know, what do I need do compile test xp_echo in > ${SYBASE}/samples/esp directory ? > Problem is that ospublic.h and oserror.h is missing. > > > > Hi ...

Windows XP Question
I have been reading this group for quite a while. This leads me to the conclusion that I know nothing, and there are some here who are experts. Which brings me to my question. Question is: if I allow my vendor (whole new system) to install Windows XP (which is rather nice, graphically speaking) on my new system, is there any version of ZoneAlarm capable of shielding me from Big Bro? I wish there were, but I am not sure. I do NOT want any O.S. to contact anybody to do anything any time - it's my computer, and I will upgrade/date whenever I think it's time to do that. Comments/s...

Web resources about - Tech question, XP? - grc.techtalk

Andrew Robb trade trip with former Nash staffer Alastair Furnival raises questions
Labor Senator Penny Wong says inclusion of former junk food lobbyist in trade delegation raises &quot;serious questions about integrity of the ...

Facebook’s Helen Crossley on the 3 Big Mobile-Commerce Questions
Mobile grabbed hold of the holiday shopping season in 2014, and there is no reason to believe that trend won’t continue this year. Helen Crossley ...

‘The Walking Dead’ episode 7: A heart-pounding answer to ‘the Glenn question’
The seventh episode of The Walking Dead season 6 aired last night, and it had an interesting overall theme: people need saving. Unexpectedly, ...

Housing Rebound Didn't Lift Economy as Much as Economists Expected: Why?; Six Questions for Zandi
Home prices are nearly back to where they were before the crash. In some places, home prices are above where they were at the peak of the national ...

Everything Apple does can be explained by this one simple question
This has been a huge year for Apple, the most valuable company in the world, with the launch of three major products: The Apple Watch , Apple ...

Real question: did Brad Pitt wear a ’90s wiglet at ‘The Big Short’ premiere?
Brad Pitt could potentially have a film at the Oscars this year. NO, not By the Sea . His real Oscar-bait film this year is The Big Short , which ...

Trump questions Hillary's 'stamina,' apparently unaware of her marathon Benghazi hearing
Donald Trump will find a new criticism of Hillary Clinton soon because his latest one is downright ludicrous. In an appearance on ABC’s “This ...

Lisa Vanderpump Is the Latest 'RHOBH' Star to Question Yolanda Foster's Lyme Disease
Lisa Vanderpump Is the Latest 'RHOBH' Star to Question Yolanda Foster's Lyme Disease

'Jessica Jones' Makes Me Question The Point Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe
I just finished two days of binge-watching Jessica Jones, going against my better instincts to read the comics first and spread the episodes ...