Ping Robin Keir...ping....ping

Is SuperScan v4.0 compatible with Vista ???
TIA.

--
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be
counted counts."

0
Johannes

Johannes Niebach wrote:
> Is SuperScan v4.0 compatible with Vista ???
> TIA.

As long as you're pinging Robin...

Hey Robin, is Neutron still okay? I haven't been able to reach my NTP
servers lately from three different PCs.

Got any ideas?
0
Greg
11/6/2007 3:38:49 AM
Greg wrote:
> Johannes Niebach wrote:
>> Is SuperScan v4.0 compatible with Vista ???
>> TIA.
>
> As long as you're pinging Robin...
>
> Hey Robin, is Neutron still okay? I haven't been able to reach my NTP
> servers lately from three different PCs.
>
> Got any ideas?

I'll kill 2 birds with one stone in this reply :-)

SuperScan 4.0 /should/ be compatible with Vista (although I haven't
tried it) in so far as being able to launch the application, given Admin
rights. However, since XP SP2 (and even before) Microsoft have done
their best to cripple the networking features that SuperSCan 4.0 relies
on, namely raw sockets and the ability to make multiple simultaneous TCP
connections. They have effectively broken both of these things so the
program is now of very limited use. It'll still work fine on Windows
2000 and earlier versions of XP, however.

As for Neutron, what version are you running? It has been updated
several times recently. The primary update was a refresh of the name
servers it used since many on the original list had become unavailable.

The latest version of Neutron is 1.06. http://keir.net/neutron.html

A note if you are using Neutron on Vista. Since changing the system time
is a privileged operation it requires admin privileges to work. The same
would apply to running it on XP or 2K under a limited user account.

--
Robin
0
Robin Keir wrote:

> As for Neutron, what version are you running? It has been updated
> several times recently. The primary update was a refresh of the name
> servers it used since many on the original list had become unavailable.

....should be "time servers", not "name servers". :-)

--
Robin
0

--
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be
counted counts."

0
Johannes
11/6/2007 5:55:14 PM
Robin Keir wrote:
> Greg wrote:
>>
>> Hey Robin, is Neutron still okay? I haven't been able to reach my NTP
>> servers lately from three different PCs.

> As for Neutron, what version are you running? It has been updated
> several times recently. The primary update was a refresh of the name
> servers it used since many on the original list had become unavailable.
>
> The latest version of Neutron is 1.06. http://keir.net/neutron.html

Ah, that explains it. I'm using 1.03 and *none* of the servers work! I
never for a moment thought that Neutron quit working, particularly since
I got no ping returns from the servers. I'll catch the update and thanks
for the info! :)
0
Greg
11/6/2007 6:41:11 PM
Johannes Niebach wrote:
> THX Robin, I already read that they crippled raw socket on XP and M$
> disabled it on SP2
> BTW, nice 2 C U around <<<SMILE>>>

Welcome back!

--
Robin
0
"Greg" <greg@blackholespam.net> wrote in message
> Johannes Niebach wrote:
>> Is SuperScan v4.0 compatible with Vista ???
>> TIA.
>
> As long as you're pinging Robin...
>
> Hey Robin, is Neutron still okay? I haven't been able to reach my NTP
> servers lately from three different PCs.
>
> Got any ideas?

24="ntp0.nl.net"
works for me

love my neutron

thanks !

0
Steve

ping ping ping ping
Are you guys getting pinged to hell tonight also? I must have been pinged thousands of times tonight "code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message news:bi69o7$4of$1@news.grc.com... > Are you guys getting pinged to hell tonight also? > I must have been pinged thousands of times tonight It's the Nachia / Welchia worm. "Big Tom" <unisteel_tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bi69rv$4qg$1@news.grc.com... > "code_wrong" <tac@tac.ouch.co.uk> wrote in message > news:bi69o7$4of$1@news.grc.com... > > Are you g...

PING, PING, PING
What's the EASIEST way to code a PING method in .NET? I want to test if a W2K server is availble on the network in my asp.net application. Also, does anyone know how to test if a web service is available? (kinda a ping for a site)...

Ping
Frank, what happened to the schedule and inclusions of CAs? Is there any problem preventing us from continuing to process the CAs which are ready for the comments period? -- Regards Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. Jabber: startcom@startcom.org Blog: https://blog.startcom.org On 10/29/2008 11:13 PM, Eddy Nigg: > Frank, what happened to the schedule and inclusions of CAs? Is there any > problem preventing us from continuing to process the CAs which are ready > for the comments period? > BTW, I'd like to propose to cut the comments period to one week, wit...

Ping? ping? helloo?
I'm surfing this "net" thing perfectly well this morning on my XPH system, all browsers work fine (IE7, Opera 9.5.2, FF3.01 under openDNS) except for the login function on one group page which won't load. So to see if they're having trouble I go to ping their server and, indeed, I get timed out. But as I always do I make sure I'm pinging OK by pinging Amazon and/or Novell and/or Microsoft and/or INSERT FAMOUS COMPANY HERE and lo and behold -- every request times out. How can I be surfing verified uncached, brand spanking new page loads, and unable to...

To reply to ping or not to reply to ping
I heard/read in <http://www.grc.com/sn/sn-313.htm> > So exactly as you say, Tom, it seems to me, it's unfortunate, but if the > end user wants more security, being stealthful, looking like there's > nobody there and not responding to a ping is the way to do that Yah, right Steve Gibson.. #1 Quick quote from Title/Location: dslreports.com -> Forums -> Broadband Tech -> Security -> Security -> What is the danger of posting IP Address(es) online?? the post by DSLR user name Woody79_00 (#1037783) on 2011-06-30 at 13:11:12 Direct URL <...

Good Ping, Bad Ping
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Using Bm36ee all patched runs very nice mostly. Recently we moved to a new = ISP and all routes are good but here's the deal: There are static natted hosts inside the bm server, which I can ping just = fine as public IPs (no vpn client), and with a ping packet size of up to = 7500 bytes. But if I load my VPN client (have tried a few, bm 3.7.4 and bm = 3.8.x) and try to ping the hosts (using their private IPs of course), then = the best packet size I get is ...

$dbh->ping() not pinging?
Without the extra ping (see the line following the XXX comment) this program fails on the second "select ..." with "DBD::mysql::db selectrow_array failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query at dbitest line 19." Why do I need to ping twice? I am using perl 5.6.1, DBI 1.21 and DBD::mysql 2.1011. I also tried upgrading DBI to 1.32 and DBD::mysql to 2.1022; but it didn't change anything. - ask #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $dbh_cache; sub db_open { ## XXX - add an extra ping so the second ping will work properly! ...

Ping Robin Keir
Robin - congrats on K9 - excellent stuff, and after only a few days, achieving a high enough score to allow me to dis-engage a few of my manual rules in Pegasus. One suggestion/question/problem? I run a Dell Inspiron 8500 with the widescreen (1920x1200) and K9 won't remember the column width settings from one reboot to another. I reboot between the office and home, using NetSwitcher to change all my IP addresses etc. at each reboot, between the office LAN and my home wireless LAN. I set the colukn widths in each of the windows in K9 to suit my screen and having plen...

ping
Am I still subscribed? Or has this list mostly died? On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 02:16:08PM -0700, Rob Bloodgood wrote: > Am I still subscribed? Or has this list mostly died? Are those my only choices? ...

ping
Hi I install OC on Linux 7.0, all works fine, but i have a little question: how can i ping to a server?? (ie. from DSEdit like Win) In DSEdit i dont see ping button. Thanks!! On dsedit if you right click the name of the server(left pane) you should have the ping option. What version of dsedit do you have? This is valid for the 11.1.1(installed with Sybase Central 3) Regards Marcio "Luciano" <lucianograffi@gmx.net> a �crit dans le message de news: i8GJqjjFCHA.290@forums.sybase.com... > Hi > I install OC on Linux 7.0, all works fine, but i have a lit...

Ping
Hi, I have been searching a good part of this day for an example of how to ping from ce. I came accross http://www.topwizprogramming.com/ and after figuring out that icmp.dll is now iphlpapi.dll I have had no luck with my attempt to use this api. Any help or pointers i would fully appreciate as my brain is now racked and no longer wants to think :( Matt, following works fine // external functions FUNCTION ulong IcmpCreateFile ( ) LIBRARY "Iphlpapi.dll" FUNCTION ulong IcmpCloseHandle ( ulong handle ) LIBRARY "Iphlpapi.dll" FUNCTION long IcmpSendEcho ( ...

ping
I installed a second server in the network with minimal configuration I mean don�t install anything about web server. I installed and configured the DNS and DHCP and at the console both of them work fine, but when I try to ping to mail.muebleriagonzalez.com instead of 192.168.1.102 the ping respond that the host does not exist. Here is the named console status: Logged in as Server Locator name is [DNS-DHCP.msgzz] Zov: Server obj name read from NCP srvr obj is DNS_NETMAIL.msgzz DNS Server Init complete. Ready to recv data on Port 53 Cache Add Zone: Loaded zone mail.muebler...

ping
Our network consist of 100 WinXP/2K workstations connected to Netware 5.0 server via IP only. WINS, DHCP and DNS are Windows servers. For a few workstations I can ping the workstation name but not the corresponding IP address . Other than that every is fine. Where or what should I look for? Thanks > Where or what should I look for? If you ping the workstation name the IP address should also work unless the workstation you are pinging successfully has a different IP address. This query is not related to Novell Client so it's out of scope in this newsgroup. Please ask i...

ping
Hi, I am having difficulty getting the Net::Ping module to work properly. I am using ActivePerl 5.6.1.631 on a win32 platform. I can ping a server in a dos prompt ok, but when I try to get the Perl Net::Ping to work it always returns a failure. It seems to ponder over pinging the host for a couple of seconds, and then return a zero as a result, which means that it could not reach the host, if my interpretation of the docs is correct. Here is the snippet in question: my ($pingThing, $host, $pingResult); $host = 'www.google.com'; $pingThing = Net::Ping->new(&quo...

Web resources about - Ping Robin Keir...ping....ping - grc.techtalk

Robin Hood Flour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Radium , Keynote , Saskana and Robin Hood brand of flours were manufactured by the company. Eventually the company became International Multifoods ...

Irmgard Polklaser, Robin Wahlgren: The dangers of supermarket trolleys
FOR Irmgard Polklaser and her husband Walter it was a very ordinary day that ended extraordinarily with a death caused by the most everyday of ...

Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke will appeal “Blurred Lines” copyright ruling
Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke, and T.I. in the video for "Blurred Lines." The copyright dispute between “Blurred Lines” song creators Pharrell ...

Robin Wright gets Golden Globes nomination for 'House of Cards'
Robin Wright picked up a Golden Globes nomination for her work in &quot;House of Cards.&quot;

Fleet Foxes' Robin Pecknold will debut an all-new solo set on tour with Joanna Newsom in 2016, covered ...
by Andrew Sacher photo: Fleet Foxes in Austin in 2011 (more by Tim Griffin) In the spring of 2014, Robin Pecknold posted an update saying he ...

Robin Thicke and Pharrell fight $5.3 million 'Blurred Lines' decision in appeal
Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams are fighting back against the "Blurred Lines" court decision from earlier this year. Thicke and Williams ...

Fire Extinguisher Becomes Weapon In Fight Between Robin Lopez And The Rockets Mascot
Robin Lopez does not like mascots. He has had an ongoing series of beeves with just about every mascot in the NBA, including our friend Clutch ...

Batman: Arkham Knight's Catwoman and Robin DLCs aren't worth playing
... probably expected more perhaps a quality Cold, Cold Heart add-on something , anything to justify the price. Alas, the Catwoman and Robin add-ons ...

Pre-Order a Nextbit Robin, Receive a Free Vinyl Sheep Mascot by Christmas
Starting today, if you are one of the first 100 people to pre-order the Nextbit Robin , the company will send you one of its vinyl sheep mascot ...

Why NextBit's Robin Has Already Won Asia
... in Asia. According to the company, at least 1 out of every 100 people in Japan and Hong Kong who visited the Kickstarter page purchased a Robin ...