local.google.com

About Google Local

Sometimes the information you're looking for is related to a particular
place =3F like the all-night doughnut shop that's nearest to your house.
Google Local locates neighborhood stores and services by searching
billions of pages across the web, then cross-checking those results
with Yellow Pages data to pinpoint the local resources you want to
find. This innovative approach gives you access to the most =3F and most
relevant =3F results for your search.

To use Google Local, just include a zip code or the name of a town or
city with your regular search terms at www.google.com. Your local
results will appear at the top of the results page.

You can also go directly to the Google Local home page to show only the
local results, to view your results on a map of the region, or to limit
your results to those listings within a set distance of your starting
point.

http://local.google.com
0
wadester

What does =3F mean?

And don't tell me it's in the doc

"wadester" <null@devnull.net> wrote in message
> About Google Local
>
> Sometimes the information you're looking for is related to a particular
> place =3F like the all-night doughnut shop that's nearest to your house.
> Google Local locates neighborhood stores and services by searching
> billions of pages across the web, then cross-checking those results
> with Yellow Pages data to pinpoint the local resources you want to
> find. This innovative approach gives you access to the most =3F and most
> relevant =3F results for your search.
>
> To use Google Local, just include a zip code or the name of a town or
> city with your regular search terms at www.google.com. Your local
> results will appear at the top of the results page.
>
> You can also go directly to the Google Local home page to show only the
> local results, to view your results on a map of the region, or to limit
> your results to those listings within a set distance of your starting
> point.
>

> http://local.google.com
0
middletree
3/18/2004 7:26:00 PM
wadester wrote:
> About Google Local

(Snip)

Quote from:
> http://local.google.com

"Does this work everywhere? Can I find a noodle shop in Nagoya?

Google Local only searches for locations in the United States right now.
However, we plan on expanding this service to other parts of the world
once we work out the kinks in this beta product. In the meantime, we
recommend Miyoshiya for noodles in Naka-ku, near downtown. "

So its no good for my local Fish and Chip shop yet.... :-)

Tony.P (UK)
0
Tony
3/18/2004 7:52:00 PM
"middletree"  wrote in message news:c3ct5t$rdo$1@news.grc.com...
> What does =3F mean?

It's probably a bug in MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.60.2060.

> And don't tell me it's in the doc.

Ok then, I won't.

_________________________
blackjack
0
blackjack
3/18/2004 9:25:00 PM
That last part was an inside joke. But I am 99% sure Wadester is using OE,
not Gravity.

Never mind, though. Reading the context, it looks as if a dash (not hyphen)
would fit in each of those places. Must not have translated well from
whereever Wadester copied it to his paste here.

"blackjack" <bad@titude.vbs> wrote in message
> "middletree"  wrote in message news:c3ct5t$rdo$1@news.grc.com...
> > What does =3F mean?
>
> It's probably a bug in MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.60.2060.
>
> > And don't tell me it's in the doc.
>
> Ok then, I won't.
>
> _________________________
> blackjack

0
middletree
3/18/2004 10:21:00 PM
"middletree" wrote in message news:c3d7ct$75r$1@news.grc.com...
<>
> But I am 99% sure Wadester is using OE, not Gravity.
<>

Did you check the headers of Wadester's post?

__________________________
blackjack
0
blackjack
3/19/2004 12:19:00 AM
In article <c3dea1$e9a$1@news.grc.com>, bad@titude.vbs says...
> "middletree" wrote in message news:c3d7ct$75r$1@news.grc.com...
> <>
> > But I am 99% sure Wadester is using OE, not Gravity.
> <>
>
> Did you check the headers of Wadester's post?

Yeah, middletree, I switched to Gravity when I could no longer stand OE
misplacing all the newsgroup posts. Remind me tomorrow and I'll give
the installer to you if you want.

middletree sits about 5 feet away from me in our office. Yet we still
sometimes correspond over a news server in California. I love the 21st
century.

ws
0
wadester
3/19/2004 1:50:00 AM
"wadester" <null@devnull.net> wrote in message
> Yeah, middletree, I switched to Gravity when I could no longer stand OE
> misplacing all the newsgroup posts. Remind me tomorrow and I'll give
> the installer to you if you want.

I'll check it out, thanks.
0
middletree
3/19/2004 5:51:00 AM
wadester wrote:

> middletree sits about 5 feet away from me in our office. Yet we still
> sometimes correspond over a news server in California. I love the 21st
> century.

I live in Los Angeles and often like to see, in real time, programs that
are shown "live" in New York, and delayed three hours here.  I have to
use a satellite 25,000 miles away, to see a program underway only five
miles away!  I wonder if Arthur C. Clarke ever thought it would become
this kind of magic?

Virg Wall

                                   ~ Carl Edward Sagan ~
0