Army's tech gallery

cool gallery of rugged computer and peripherals

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/computers/gallery.html
0
Nice

<snip> cool gallery of rugged computer and peripherals

> http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/computers/gallery.html
<snip>

I wonder if any of the "ruggedized" machines or variants are available
to the public.  I could see any number of  civilian applications for
some of this stuff.

P N
0
Pseudo
8/17/2003 2:07:00 PM
Wandering aimlessly around grc.techtalk, I heard Pseudo Nym mention:

> <snip> cool gallery of rugged computer and peripherals
>>
>> http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/computers/gallery.html
> <snip>
>
> I wonder if any of the "ruggedized" machines or variants are available
> to the public.  I could see any number of  civilian applications for
> some of this stuff.

Try clicking on the product picture your interested in. The random ones
I tried linked to vendor sites that appear to offer at least some of the
items for public sale.

--
Don
0

Perhaps I could volunteer my services as a beta-tester for these products.
I'm sure some of the treatment I dish out to PC hardware far exceeds what
any military computer equipment would be expected to endure in the line of
duty........   :)

Ed Metcalfe.
0
Ed
8/17/2003 4:26:00 PM
>Perhaps I could volunteer my services as a beta-tester for these products.
>I'm sure some of the treatment I dish out to PC hardware far exceeds what
>any military computer equipment would be expected to endure in the line of
>duty........   :)

They want some to survive. :-)
crash@gpick.com
http://lists.gpick.com
0
Crash
8/17/2003 4:42:00 PM
Wandering aimlessly around grc.techtalk, I heard Ed Metcalfe mention:

> My PC takes a battering on a regular basis!
>
> Perhaps I could volunteer my services as a beta-tester for these products.
> I'm sure some of the treatment I dish out to PC hardware far exceeds what
> any military computer equipment would be expected to endure in the line of
> duty........   :)

Heh! I'd just give them to our remote sales people. They can find a way
to break anything... And always at the worst possible time... ;-)

--
Don
0

Oh dear.. the Military relies on that too?  *cringes* ;)
0
Gav
8/17/2003 10:22:00 PM
Wandering aimlessly around grc.techtalk, I heard Gav mention:

> "Melard Scout2 subnotebook is extremely rugged, wireless, and conveniently
> small while providing the full power of windows."
>
> Oh dear.. the Military relies on that too?  *cringes* ;)

They only sell those to the enemy? :-)

--
Don
0