any HTTP-to-SOCKS proxy converter (Windows) ?

Do you guys know a "proxy converter" for the Windows platforms, that
would, to a browser, present an HTTP/HTTPS proxying interface,
internally convert the requests and handle them to a specified
SOCKS4a/SOCKS5 proxy, also delegating DNS resolution to the remote
SOCKS, and pass back the requested pages to original requester/browser
of course ?

I searched for such a simple tool and to my surprise did not find one.
Or rather, my search found only Privoxy which does this along with
more unrelated stuff, which I do not need ;=)  O.K., tried Privoxy -
it's good stuff indeed ; nonetheless curious whether one has a lean,
standalone "HTTP-to-SOCKS proxy converter".

--
Ninho
0

In article <4291D5D2.E5B1AA7E@teaser-hosting.com>, ninho+NOSPAM@teaser-
hosting.com says...
> Do you guys know a "proxy converter" for the Windows platforms, that
> would, to a browser, present an HTTP/HTTPS proxying interface,
> internally convert the requests and handle them to a specified
> SOCKS4a/SOCKS5 proxy, also delegating DNS resolution to the remote
> SOCKS, and pass back the requested pages to original requester/browser
> of course ?
>
> I searched for such a simple tool and to my surprise did not find one.
> Or rather, my search found only Privoxy which does this along with
> more unrelated stuff, which I do not need ;=)  O.K., tried Privoxy -
> it's good stuff indeed ; nonetheless curious whether one has a lean,
> standalone "HTTP-to-SOCKS proxy converter".

Much more than you asked for - 602lan suite. I have been using it for a
couple of years and am very happy with it.

see
http://lists.gpick.com/pages/Network_Tools.htm

or
http://www.software602.com/products/ls/

HTH

--
Jaap
0

Jaapvs a �crit :
>>   a lean, standalone "HTTP-to-SOCKS proxy converter".
>>
> Much more than you asked for - 602lan suite. I have been using it for a
> couple of years and am very happy with it.

Wow ! A mere 31,537,336 bytes! It's not exactly what I had in mind by
saying "lean"  :=)

Glad you're happy with that, and with good reason I'm sure. However, I
asked for a HTTP to SOCKS protocol converter as a standalone and
hopefully small executable; is such a pearl detachable from the 602LAN
Suite ?

> http://www.software602.com/products/ls/
> HTH

Thank you

--
Ninho
0
> Glad you're happy with that, and with good reason I'm sure. However, I
> asked for a HTTP to SOCKS protocol converter as a standalone and
> hopefully small executable; is such a pearl detachable from the 602LAN
> Suite ?

Well, the privoxy www.privoxy.org can be configured to "chain" to
a SOCKS server (and that's its usual config when running hand in
hand with TOR); btw it has filtering capabilities as well, so I'm not
sure it's the one you're searching.. but you may give it a spin, all
in all it's free and relatively small

Regards

0
ObiWan
5/23/2005 4:36:55 PM
In article <42920064.12FCEBD5@teaser-hosting.com>, ninho+NOSPAM@teaser-
hosting.com says...

> Jaapvs a �crit :
> >>   a lean, standalone "HTTP-to-SOCKS proxy converter".
> >>
> > Much more than you asked for - 602lan suite. I have been using it for a
> > couple of years and am very happy with it.
>
> Wow ! A mere 31,537,336 bytes! It's not exactly what I had in mind by
> saying "lean"  :=)
>
> Glad you're happy with that, and with good reason I'm sure. However, I
> asked for a HTTP to SOCKS protocol converter as a standalone and
> hopefully small executable; is such a pearl detachable from the 602LAN
> Suite ?
>
> > http://www.software602.com/products/ls/
> > HTH

It is very configurable. I do not run the fax, ftp, e-mail server, etc. I
just run the proxy for browsing etc, and use the blocking facilities for
certain undesirable sites. What I like about that is that wildcards (* ?)
are allowed in the urls being blocked. Very light on CPU / memory usage
as well.

The pearls are embedded as far as I know<G>

--
Jaap
0

ObiWan a �crit :

> Well, the privoxy www.privoxy.org can be configured ....

Yes, Obi, this is exactly what I found, maybe you didn't notice, I
wrote :

>Or rather, my search found only Privoxy which does this along with
>more unrelated stuff, which I do not need ;=)  O.K., tried Privoxy
>it's good stuff indeed

Privoxy does the trick, and does more. What I've been asking for now
is  a client that would do the proxy chaining part *only*; failing
that, sure I shall consider running privoxy.

Regards

--
Ninho
0

> Well, the privoxy www.privoxy.org can be configured to "chain" to
> a SOCKS server (and that's its usual config when running hand in
> hand with TOR)

Indeed, since you mention it, it's for complementing Tor I've been
asking for a "converter".
I remember you are a fan of Tor's... did you notice they released a new
build today ? Signalled earlier in grc.news.latestversions

--
N.
0
"Ninho" <ninho+NOSPAM@teaser-hosting.com> wrote in message
> Do you guys know a "proxy converter" for the Windows platforms, that
> would, to a browser, present an HTTP/HTTPS proxying interface,
> internally convert the requests and handle them to a specified
> SOCKS4a/SOCKS5 proxy, also delegating DNS resolution to the remote
> SOCKS, and pass back the requested pages to original requester/browser
> of course ?
>
> I searched for such a simple tool and to my surprise did not find one.
> Or rather, my search found only Privoxy which does this along with
> more unrelated stuff, which I do not need ;=)  O.K., tried Privoxy -
> it's good stuff indeed ; nonetheless curious whether one has a lean,
> standalone "HTTP-to-SOCKS proxy converter".

Have you had a look at SocksChain?  SocksChain can be used with client
programs that do not support the SOCKS protocol, but work with one
TCP-connection, such as TELNET, HTTP, IRC... (FTP uses 2 connections).

http://www.ufasoft.com/socks/

--

BullBar

0
Bullbar
5/24/2005 1:31:50 AM
>> Well, the privoxy www.privoxy.org can be configured to "chain" to
>> a SOCKS server (and that's its usual config when running hand in
>> hand with TOR)

> Indeed, since you mention it, it's for complementing
> Tor I've been asking for a "converter". I remember you
> are a fan of Tor's... did you notice they released a new
> build today ? Signalled earlier in grc.news.latestversions

Yeah, saw it (and also saw the announcement on the TOR ML ;-D)
about privoxy, well, if you don't need the filtering capabilities you
may just disable the filtering and privoxy will still work as a proxy
(converter in your case) but without performing any filtering on the
traffic flow; if I recall it correctly, Squid can be configured to perform
such a chaining as well, you may give it a spin; just pick a copy of
the win32 build here

http://www.acmeconsulting.it/pagine/opensource/download/squid.htm

and btw be sure to read the notes here

http://www.acmeconsulting.it/pagine/opensource/squid/squidnt25.htm

Regards

0
ObiWan
5/24/2005 6:40:21 AM
ObiWan wrote :

> Yeah, saw it (and also saw the announcement on the TOR ML ;-D)

Of coarse ;=)  Well I asked because this time, you had not yet ported
the announcement to .lastestversions

> about privoxy, well, if you don't need the filtering capabilities you
> may just disable the filtering and privoxy will still work as a proxy

Indeed.

> ... if I recall it correctly, Squid can be configured to perform
> such a chaining as well, you may give it a spin; just pick a copy of
> the win32 build ...

Interesting; I thought Squid was *nix only. Overkill anywayz, for the
mere sake of playing with TOR and the dot-onion network... Privoxy is
the best compromise, until we write our own proxy converter...

While speaking of Tor, Obiwan - just out of maniac curiosity - are you
operating a node (TOR server) ? If so, do you see much trafic flowing
thru it ?

Regards

--
Ninho
0

> Have you had a look at SocksChain?  SocksChain can be used with client
> programs that do not support the SOCKS protocol, but work with one
> TCP-connection, such as TELNET, HTTP, IRC... (FTP uses 2 connections).

Never used it, but was aware of its existence and (roughly)
functionality.

When in need of "socksifying", I am partial to Hummingbirds Socks,
though.

> http://www.ufasoft.com/socks/

Bookmarked.

--
Ninho
0
>> ... if I recall it correctly, Squid can be configured to perform
>> such a chaining as well, you may give it a spin; just pick a copy of
>> the win32 build ...

> Interesting; I thought Squid was *nix only. Overkill anywayz, for the
> mere sake of playing with TOR and the dot-onion network...

Well, if privoxy doesn't "fit the bill" Squid may :-) it all depends from
what you want to obtain; other solution involve using stuff like (e.g.)
SocksCap or the HummingBird client, both work by intercepting the
network calls made by clients and redirecting any "external" one
(i.e. outside local network) to the configured SOCKS client, this way
you won't even need to setup a proxy .. the application won't even
know it's being proxy-ed :-)

> While speaking of Tor, Obiwan - just out of maniac curiosity - are you
> operating a node (TOR server) ? If so, do you see much trafic flowing
> thru it ?

No, I was thinking about setting up a TOR node on a spare IP but didn't
setup it (yet); pending some network change I may rethink about it and
end up setting up a node; about traffic, well, if you dig through the TOR
site and on the TOR MLs you'll probably find plenty of such infos ;-)

0
ObiWan
5/24/2005 12:23:24 PM
ObiWan a �crit :

> Well, if privoxy doesn't "fit the bill" Squid may :-) it all depends from
> what you want to obtain;

Simple, I want just the magic protocol conversion, all the rest is
surplus :

 ( FireBird )   HTTP proxy protocol     (  Magic  )   SOCKS 4a proto.
( TOR client )
 (  browser )      < - - - - - >        (converter)       < - - >
(  port 9050 )

Of course the browser could also 'attack' TOR directly, but then the
DNS resolves are done by the browser and not delegated to the Onion
network. Incidentally I saw on Mozillazine they have had a long
standing bug report about this behaviour.

All the Magic Converter has to do is :
- interpret HTTP/HTTPS proxying requests
- do NOT extract DNS hostname !
- translate the requests into the "socks" fromat and submit them to
the TOR client.
- pass back HTTP responses (and any SOCKS errors) to the browser.

Of course you know this very well Obi. I'm just clarifying for the
casual or not so well informed reader.

The Privoxy plays the role of the Magic Converter perfectly. It's
simply a bit of overkill - but all other solutions proposed so far
have been, either much more overkill, or simply not fit.

>other solution involve using stuff like (e.g.)
> SocksCap or the HummingBird client, both work by intercepting the
> network calls made by clients and redirecting any "external" one
> (i.e. outside local network) to the configured SOCKS client, this way
> you won't even need to setup a proxy .. the application won't even
> know it's being proxy-ed :-)

I am a fan of Hummingbird Socks, not the subject here. I do not need
external Socks on this box.

 > While speaking of Tor, Obiwan - just out of maniac curiosity - are
you
> > operating a node (TOR server) ? If so, do you see much trafic flowing
> > thru it ?
>
> No, I was thinking about setting up a TOR node on a spare IP but didn't
> setup it (yet); pending some network change I may rethink about it and
> end up setting up a node; about traffic, well, if you dig through the TOR
> site and on the TOR MLs you'll probably find plenty of such infos ;-)

Well I suppose I could, given even more time than I spend already
browsing...

;=)

--
Ninho
0

Might be slightly better vertically ?

      ( FireBird browser ) ->

        HTTP proxy protocol

   <- (  Magic converter )  ->

        SOCKS 4a protocol

   <-  ( TOR client )

> --
> Ninho
0
Ninho
5/24/2005 1:47:13 PM
> Simple, I want just the magic protocol conversion, all the rest is
> surplus :

Ok, got the idea, you want to avoid DNS leakage from browser
and to tunnel everything through the TOR network, well, in this
case the only solution which comes to mind is Privoxy since
afaict Squid will use the standard resolution so the leakage
issue will remain... well, one may as well fix such a thing by
writing a custom squid resolver module but that seems to
me a bit of overkill :-)

That said, since you wrote that hummingbird isn't an option
for your config, I think that setting up privoxy and DISABLING
all the filtering should allow you to obtain what you need w/o
too much overhead

Uh .. and since we're at it .. did you try posting this question
on grc.techtalk.localproxies ? I know.. that group has really
low traffic, but may be worth a try

0
ObiWan
5/24/2005 3:50:05 PM

ObiWan a �crit :

> > Simple, I want just the magic protocol conversion, all the rest is
> > surplus :
>
> Ok, got the idea, you want to avoid DNS leakage from browser
> and to tunnel everything through the TOR network, well, in this
> case the only solution which comes to mind is Privoxy since

Sure.

> That said, since you wrote that hummingbird isn't an option
> for your config, I think that setting up privoxy and DISABLING
> all the filtering should allow you to obtain what you need w/o
> too much overhead

Again, o.k. I have no problem with this, but for the beauty (the
small=beautiful motto).
I've just cast a diagonal glance at the Privoxy source, the necessary
code could be ripped off there rather easily I bet (mostly in module
gateway.c and dependencies) and arranged and compiled into a really
tiny interface module - one of those useful swiss-knife-like toolz
that are so common under Unix.

Since this is speculative, I am neglecting the property rights - but
it has to be solvable, since that is GNU or smthg alike. I'm not
talking of doing it myself, for C-programming was never part of my
aedification.  Hmm, shouldn't I drop a mail to the privoxy team at
Sourceforge and try to insinuate them into building and providing that
kind of tool ?

> Uh .. and since we're at it .. did you try posting this question
> on grc.techtalk.localproxies ? I know.. that group has really
> low traffic, but may be worth a try

I've not been there for a long time - in fact I'm no more "subscribed"
to localproxies. Your idea is a good one certainly, I'll keep it...
for the question to come next. I'm certain  "localproxies" regulars
are also reading "techtalk" and so, if any might have something to add
they can do so to this thread without me duplicating.

Regards

--
Ninho
0
> I've just cast a diagonal glance at the Privoxy source, the
> necessary code could be ripped off there rather easily I
> bet (mostly in module gateway.c and dependencies) and
> arranged and compiled into a really tiny interface module
> one of those useful swiss-knife-like toolz that are so common
> under Unix.

Yes, or you may as well increase the size of some internal
buffers and make the whole privoxy faster ;-) .. yes, I had a
look at the sources some time ago and it seems that the
bandwidth penalty you experience when running privoxy
is just due to some too "conservative" buffers, increasing
them and tuning some other code-spot will allow you to gain
the needed speed :-)

0
ObiWan

Http Proxy or Socks 4,5?
Just wondering something. Some applications like Internet Explorer & Mirc for example have an option to use an http proxy or socks 4,5. I know what a http proxy is but what is socks 4, 5 and how do i use it or what can it do for me? Is there a default socks 4, 5 i can connect to in my dsl modem and use that for example? http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/prod530.htm On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:28:58 +1000, "Sealord" <spam@127.0.0.1> posted: > I know what a http proxy is but what is socks 4, 5 and how do i use it or > what can it do for me? A socks proxy, version...

HTTP Proxy and Transparent Proxy
Dears: I have BM 3.7 and NW 6.0, i wanna a use, HTTP Proxy and Transparent Proxy together in the same machine, but use diferent IP Addresses in the same Private NIC, for the services, for example HTTP Proxy : 192.168.0.10:8080 ... for some users THTTP : 192.168.0.20:80 ... for other different users any idea ?, I look in the manual, but i did not found nothing.... Thanks in advance, Jose from Chile this cannot be done. The transparent proxy will affect all users. -- Cat NSC Volunteer Sysop ...

Problem with ftp clients behind bm 3.7sp2 through socks / http proxy
We've got a bunch of different ftp clients here integrated into other software which dont support the ftp proxy which bordermanager uses so we were using the http proxy, but for some reason after the sp2 update ftp through both the http proxy and the socks proxy stopped working. the http proxy is telling me: The requested method is not allowed on this scheme type. Please change your browser's http proxy setting to Normal from Tunnel. and the socks5 proxy logs in fine to the ftp server and then comes with SOCKS Error: Host unreachable Does anyone have any ideas what m...

un/pw window for http/https proxy pops up off screen on Mac OS X
Name: Brett Taylor Email: brettatwebfrootdotcodotnz Product: Firefox Summary: un/pw window for http/https proxy pops up off screen on Mac OS X Comments: If you are using a proxy that requires a username and password, the browser will pop up the window off screen on Mac OS X. Sometimes, the windows are really hard to close, but Mac OS X's Expose function reveals them. This problem has been apparent since Firefox 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Windows Update problem through proxy
Hello All, If I enable the setting "Enable Persistent Connections to Origin Servers" Windows update will work without any problem. But it affecting the other sites. For examle , We are trying to connect from a Web application to a site "viewprograms.watchit.com" to open on line courses.I am unable to read the pages from the site. If I disable the setting "Enable Persistent Connections to Origin Servers" the above mentiones site will work fine. Can anybody suggest any solution for this? Thanks in advance NSMK Nagalaseema, It app...

HTTP Proxy acting like transparent proxy
Our school district does not use transparent proxy, however, I've just noticed that students can remove the proxy settings from IE and still get out through BorderManager. We are using BorderManager 3.7 and I checked to verify that transparent proxy is not enabled. Eric Bowser Upper Valley Joint Vocational School hi Eric, it's not acting as transparent proxy - it's simply routing the traffic through NAT and your users are browsing without any proxy or control. To prevent this, you should implement packet filters in the BM server. -- Caterina Novell Suppo...

How to convert a window name (string) into a window object
Having a window name in a string variable (vwindowname) , How can I open that window ?? H Ahmed; Just use the Open ( ) command using a second parameter. For example ... window lo_wn string ls_name IF ib_ahmed_niceguy = TRUE THEN ls_name = "wn_niceguy" else ls_name = "wn_not_niceguy" END IF Open ( lo_wn, ls_name ) HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com <Ahmed A.> wrote in message news:4a5ef84d.6290.1681692777@sybase.com... > Having a window name in a ...

superreview canceled: [Bug 444157] [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window : [Attachment 331864] pref-proxies patch v0.2c
Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk> has canceled Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk>'s request for superreview: Bug 444157: [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=444157 Attachment 331864: pref-proxies patch v0.2c https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=331864&action=edit ...

superreview granted: [Bug 444157] [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window : [Attachment 332132] pref-proxies patch v0.2e
Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk> has granted superreview: Bug 444157: [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=444157 Attachment 332132: pref-proxies patch v0.2e https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=332132&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk> Changes since v0.2d: * Added check for existence of "network-proxy-system" element Carrying forward sr= ...

superreview granted: [Bug 444157] [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window : [Attachment 331983] pref-proxies patch v0.2d
neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> has granted Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk>'s request for superreview: Bug 444157: [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=444157 Attachment 331983: pref-proxies patch v0.2d https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=331983&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> That said, showing it on startup is not a problem, but remember to check that the element exists first - only the browser window ...

superreview requested: [Bug 444157] [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window : [Attachment 331864] pref-proxies patch v0.2c
Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk> has asked neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> for superreview: Bug 444157: [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=444157 Attachment 331864: pref-proxies patch v0.2c https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=331864&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk> Changes since v0.2b: * Added missing changes to utilityOverlay.* - used disable rather than hidden for system proxy menu item due to issues...

superreview requested: [Bug 444157] [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window : [Attachment 331983] pref-proxies patch v0.2d
Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk> has asked neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> for superreview: Bug 444157: [Proxy] Migrate SeaMonkey's Proxies preferences to new pref window https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=444157 Attachment 331983: pref-proxies patch v0.2d https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=331983&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla@blueyonder.co.uk> Changes since v0.2c: * Unhides menuitem through load event instead of popup. ...

Lockpref & network.proxy.http and network.proxy.http_port
I have two systems that I have tested lockpref for network.proxy.http and network.proxy.http_port. Both are running Firefox 1.0.5.4. I am using the same mozilla.txt on both systems. I used the same encoder to convert to a ..cfg file. The boxes are Mac OS X and Windows XP. The Mac OS box works perfectly fine. The Windows XP box however, will not start correctly when lockPref for network.proxy.http and network.proxy.http_port are in the mozilla.txt file (I get some error like: "Could not read configuration file"). Any body have any luck with this? Below is my mozilla.txt ...

SOCKS proxy
Hi I'm creating a socket connection using nsISocketTransportService.createTransport ( arrayof char* socketTypes , PRUint32 typeCount , AUTF8String host , PRInt32 port , nsIProxyInfo proxyInfo ). The last parameter is proxyInfo. I'd like to use proxy server specified in FF. What is the correct way to use proxy? (I've seen proxy-related preferences in about:config - should I use these?) And also I need to make socket connection using SSL. Should I use FF SSL proxy in this case? Thanks, telega ...

Only HTTP Proxy
Hi, I want the BM "just" as Proxy Server for Authentication of the Users to the Internet and control what they are allowed to surf is it possible, to connect the BM just with one Interface and one IP Address (so just a private, no public) to the Network? Also, the BM won't be the default GW for the Clients this way, but the Clients will have the BM as Proxy entered. What do you think of something like that? Do I have to expect some problems with that design? Sincerley, Tom This works very well. I've implemented this setup a few times in the past. One of the cli...

socks proxy
Hi, i don't know if this is the correct group or whether i should be in techtalk. I running win98 with ZA2144, MP, Proxo4b5 with netscape4 and IE5. I want to try out socks proxy sockscap2.1 from socks.nec.com. Does anyone have any experience with this? I a complete newbie with socks proxies. Does the install affect any of the network settings or internet options setting in win98? ie will the socks proxy run alongside my present setup? I don't want to install the sockscap2.1 and find it has changed the above settings and disabled my access to the internet. Thanks fo...

Http:// and Http:// ?!
Hi, How can I change https:// to http:// or vice versa in the VB.NEt or C#?Thanks, If your simply trying to alter the string you could do something like this:strURL = "https://..."strURL.Replace("https", "http")End result here should be "http://..."...

Proxy to proxy
Hi. We use BM 3.8 as a proxy server and the main task is to restrict which url's the users can use. In the network there is another proxy server with internet access. Is it possible to setup BM to use another proxy server to connect to internet? And if yes, how ? Magne Absolutely. Search under "Cache Hierarchy Client". Basically....enable the client on the BM box, add you upstream proxy (Neighbor Hostname) add the correct port for the type of upstream proxy, add the type of proxy, usually you can just leave the priority at "1". looks like this...

to proxy or not to proxy that is the ?
ok, i had jconect on NT and my AIX Sybase database on an RS/6000, so i used the proxy...fine. i have installed jconnect on the rs/6000, installed netscape fasttrack and i STILL have to use the proxy to avoid those -1 erro messages. does this mean that jConect always has to use that proxy no matter where anything lives? i am confused.... please enlighten me This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------6A7C6750A66874EBD6E2677A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you remove the "proxy" connection property fro...

proxy to proxy
We will connect with our Bordermanager to an other proxy. but there is a syntax-problem our BM-Proxy will build the connection with(Trace) ....cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... but there should not be / according to RFC there is no "/" Slash allowed. Beat Brunner <<...cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... that has been fixed in the latest patches Gonzalo > <<...cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... > > that has been fixed in the latest patches > > Gonzalo > what do you meen with lastes patches ...

socks proxy
hi, looking for a socks proxy paid/subscription service preferably socks 5 w/ authentication. basically, a simple socks proxy where all that is needed is to input the ip address, port, user name and password in application supporting socks, and away one is. no software downloads, etc. i just can't find a/g via the search engines, etc. can anyone recommend a/g? stef wrote: > looking for a socks proxy paid/subscription service preferably socks 5 > w/ authentication. > basically, a simple socks proxy where all that is needed is to input > the ip address, port, u...

to Proxy or not to Proxy ?
Hi all, Could I ask for some opinions regarding using a proxy ? Here in the UK, I use Freeserve as my dial-up ISP. There is a web-cache proxy available for use if required, tho' IE6 works fine with or without (a small increase in page loads occurs if I use the proxy). The problem is, that if I use the proxy, then my Outpost Firewall logs only register connections to it, so I suffer from a serious lack of information about where my browser connections are going and what I could block (like adclick connections etc). I'm really not sure about the merits of with/without the pr...

how to convert network.proxy.autoconfig_url to proxy setting in string value
Hello, In javascript running in firefox, we can retrieve the proxy and port value from user set through xpcom interface. Now the question is if I am able to retrive those value from autoconfic_url? If xpcom provides this interface? Thanks for help in advance! John there is an interface proxy-auto-config can be used. cheers! "John" <johnli1995@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ctunv2$8541@ripley.netscape.com... > Hello, > In javascript running in firefox, we can retrieve the proxy and port value > from user set through xpcom interface. Now the qu...

Whan can i do? make "string" data type convert to "window" data type, and use a "window" name to get it ancestor "window name", thanks! i use pb5
Rich, With a string window name, you can open a window of that type if you need to. You could, of course, query that window object for any attributes. Another option is to use the LibraryExport function to export the definition of the window which is specified by the string. You can then parse the resulting file to get information on the ancestor object. HTH Sanjiv. "Rich" <windows_ce@netease.com> wrote in message news:2Xsr1WW0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Web resources about - any HTTP-to-SOCKS proxy converter (Windows) ? - grc.techtalk