Bootable USB deviced. (i.e. Memory Sticks)

Steve,

Are you planning on supporting these in the future, as they more and
more brands seem to be coming with this option, however obviously the
PC would not boot form them unless the bios supports this.

Thank
Chris

To email me remove the obvious
0
Chris
3/3/2004 9:37:09 PM
grc.spinrite.dev 1306 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"Chris Grant" <cjgrant_aaa@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Steve,
>
> Are you planning on supporting these in the future, as they more and
> more brands seem to be coming with this option, however obviously the
> PC would not boot form them unless the bios supports this.
>
> Thank
> Chris

Running Spinrite on a solid state drive would significantly reduce the
life of the device.  SG recommends NOT running Spinrite on this type of
drive.

--

BullBar
0

> Are you planning on supporting these in the future, as they
> more and more brands seem to be coming with this option,
> however obviously the PC would not boot form them unless the
> bios supports this.

We support USB booting to FreeDOS and SpinRite right now. :)

Many folks here have successfully setup their BIOS (as you
say is necessary), have installed SpinRite to a USB device,
and successfully booted FreeDOS and run SpinRite.

Steve Gibson,                    at work on: < SpinRite v6.0 >
0
Steve
3/3/2004 9:51:08 PM
Ummm, let me try again. Will USB devices be supported in place of a
bootable diskette or CD from which to run SR from.

Chris

Bullbar wrote:

> "Chris Grant" <cjgrant_aaa@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Steve,
> >
> > Are you planning on supporting these in the future, as they more and
> > more brands seem to be coming with this option, however obviously
> > the PC would not boot form them unless the bios supports this.
> >
> > Thank
> > Chris
>
> Running Spinrite on a solid state drive would significantly reduce the
> life of the device.  SG recommends NOT running Spinrite on this type
> of drive.

To email me remove the obvious
0
Chris
3/3/2004 9:54:13 PM
THanks for the reply, will have to try it out.

Chris