Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure

Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure can you compare?
0
BOB
6/11/2003 1:02:00 AM
grc.shieldsup 2698 articles. 0 followers. Follow

BOB <rodaru@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure can you compare?

Try grc.security.software.

http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm

--
Robert
List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/

F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs NIS 2003
F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs. NIS 2003 any experienced user can tell me which one I should install on XP Pro? TIA BOB wrote in news:bc8lpg$vu5$1@news.grc.com: > F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs. NIS 2003 any experienced user > can tell me which one I should install on XP Pro? No, but FWIW I avoid Symantec products like the plague. In message <bc8lpg$vu5$1@news.grc.com>, BOB <rodaru@hotmail.com> writes >F-Secure Internet Security 2003 vs. NIS 2003 any experienced user can tell >me which one I should install on XP Pro? An experienced user might...

F Secure internet Security 2013
someone is asking for an opinion on this one and I have no experience with it. Just wondering if anyone here uses it, likes it, how well it behaves, anything...thanks..Mike ...

How secure is secure?

security too secure

when is secure, secure?

Lektest vs. Norton Internet Security 2001
Hi have Norton's Internet Security 2001 v.2.55. The problem I have is if I am logged into internet security as the administrator, I pass the leaktest. however, If my son is logged into internet security, the leaktest fails saying firewall penetrated. I have automatic configuration turned off and I am puzzled why the leaktest passes for you user and not the other? I thought maybe someone might have some incite into this. "Michaeln Balaski" <mbalaski@msn.com> wrote in message news:9hvk8r$2big$1@news.grc.com... > Hi have Norton's Internet Secur...

Norton Internet Security & Antivirus 2002 [d.f.sage]
I have tried to fix a problem with Norton Internet Security & Antivirus 2002, by installing Norton Personal Firewall and Norton Antivirus 2003. With v2002 & 2003 I get all UDP ports are closed except 67, which is open, 161, is filtered & all TCP are closed except 80 which is filtered. If I disable Norton Antivirus all ports are closed, can you explain how I could stop Norton Antivirus leaving ports open? Many thanks and kind regards, David. Norton antivirus is open to check your mail? Hi Jeff. Thanks for your help, do you know if it is possible to enable & di...

Question about Symantec'c Norton Internet Security 2003 product and ShieldsUp!
Hello, Please forgive me if this question is inappropriate. I did check through the FAQ and did (to the best of my abilities) search this newsgroup. Not only could I not find a similar question, but I found few product specific questions and this leads me to wonder if my real question is inappropriate in some way? My question: This weekend I installed Norton Internet Security 2003 from Symantec on my new WinXP Pro machine. (I am ashamed to admit that I have been using a computer on the internet for about a month without any AV or other protection, but in my own defense I will say ...

VPN security vrs Internet Security
I think I'm missing something really obvious and simple, but I can't work this out, and I can't work out why I don't know. I've been listening to GRC podcasts (14 & 15) on VPN , very interesting. But I can't grasp a very simple issue. You talk about the insecurity of wifi in hotels, cafes etc and suggest a VPN to your home router as the solution. In the wifi location people could sniff your passwords to email, ftp account, banking, etc ... but VPN your connection to home and it's safe from there. Why is it any safer from your home router ... wh...

How secure are Fiber Internet networks vs Cable Internet?
My city is rolling out their "Fiber-to-the-Home" service this month. The fiber network is run by the city owned Utilities company. The features are great compared to my current cable internet with Cox. For the same price I am paying for Cox, I can get 50Mbps vs 20Mbps that Cox offers. The fiber comes directly to your house and is connected to a box outside. You then need to run a Ethernet cable from the box to your router. Another feature of the service is 100Mbps Peer to Peer community intranet. This means that I can send and receive things to/from a friend a...

Norton Internet Security
Can any one help me with a question i have about Norton's Security program. I was happily working with the 2001 version 2.55, until i starting having problems with the firewall rules being setup without my permission. I found that there were some rules for the Firewall already setup that i had not done. I deleted them all and started again, and unticked 'automatically setup firewall rules', and then opened up OE5. But Norton did not alert me to the fact that OE5 was connecting to the Internet. Also when i checked the list of firewall rules, i had a new rule to allow ...

Norton Internet Security
Hey...I've got a ???? I've got NIS 2003, and I've been out of town for a couple of weeks...I've forgotten my password...I know I'm dumb, but is there any way for me to get in and either find out what it is, or change it without remembering? Jeff >... is there >any way for me to get in and either find out what it is, or change it >without remembering? It wouldn't be much of a password if there was. You will probably have to uninstall and reinstall it. -- Dave "Crash" Dummy Certified Dilettante crash@gpick.com http://lists.gpick.com ...

Norton Internet Security
Name: Laurie Filstrup Email: lyfilstrupatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Norton Internet Security Comments: Has anyone reported a problem with Norton Internet Security running with Firefox 3? When I used Firefox 2, Norton's Phishing Protection ran as a toolbar in Firefox and the Identity Safe was also on the same toolbar. It doesn't appear now. Is there something in Firefox that prevents Norton from running? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Anybody using F-Secure Client Security?
Is anybody else using F-Secure Client Security AND Novell BorderManager? If so, we've isolated a problem where Client Security 7.0.1 causes a BSOD & reboot when clntrust tries to initially authenticate to the proxy server. If you're already authenticated to the proxy server, everything works fine. If you unload clntrust and authenticate manually, everything works fine. The BSOD only occurs during the initial connection. It only affects about 10% of our users, but with that 10% it's *VERY* consistent. So far, the only fix we've come up with is to back-rev...

Web resources about - Norton Internet Security vs. F-Secure - grc.shieldsup

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Internets ", also known as " The Internets ", is a Bushism -turned- catchphrase used humorously to portray the speaker as ignorant about the ...

Internet Evolution - The Macrosite for News, Analysis, and Opinion about the Future of the Internet
The next big leap forward in the history of the Internet is happening now: Internet Evolution (www.internetevolution.com) is a Web 2.0 online ...

China's Internet Trio Wields $80 Billion Deal Firepower in 2016
China’s three biggest Internet companies could be set for another record year of deals as their cash piles swell, unprofitable startups sell ...

Chinese internet giant Alibaba could spend up to $38 billion on acquisitions in 2016
Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce giant, could afford to spend up to $38 billion (£25 billion) on acquisitions, mergers, and investments during ...

Internet sleuths help solve 20-year-old John Doe case
A 20-year-old mystery has just been laid to rest, with the internet banding together to help identify the car crash victim known as Grateful ...

Congress Pulls Together Proposal To Ban Internet Access Taxes Permanently, Likely To Become Law
... This year, Congress appears finally to be sick of doing that and has real plans to make it permanent, once and for all. The first Internet ...

The Internet Has No Idea Why Hillary Clinton Is Running Or Matters
The Internet Has No Idea Why Hillary Clinton Is Running Or Matters