Security Now in Tech Republic's 10 best tech podcasts

TWIT is in there too.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=597

Here is the text:

"Steve Gibson - a legend in IT security and host of grc.com - teams up with
former TechTV host Leo Laporte for this weekly podcast that includes
security updates, security tips and best practices, and a spotlight on
various security technologies. Steve does a regular question-and-answer
session based on submissions from listeners."

A legend in his own time!  That's why I went to Gnomedex 1 - to see the
legend.
(Smiley face excluded to reduce message size!)

0
Uncle
2/28/2008 3:55:45 AM
grc.securitynow 3529 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Uncle D" <noway@nohow.net> wrote in message
> TWIT is in there too.
>
> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=597
>
> Here is the text:
>
> "Steve Gibson - a legend in IT security and host of grc.com - teams up with
> former TechTV host Leo Laporte for this weekly podcast that includes
> security updates, security tips and best practices, and a spotlight on
> various security technologies. Steve does a regular question-and-answer
> session based on submissions from listeners."
>
> A legend in his own time!  That's why I went to Gnomedex 1 - to see the
> legend.
> (Smiley face excluded to reduce message size!)

Great find - the comments below the article are full of recommendations for IT
netcasts, many of which I have not come across before. This is definitely a
recipe for IT overload.

--
Alan

0
alan

here's a tech question for non-tech
I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run as a service? Would that require separating the user interface from the app? Thanks, Bill William Meyer wrote on 4/22/2010 : > I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping > someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather > complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run > as a service?...

John McCormick of Tech Republic Supports Steve's Theory
http://www.techrepublic.com/article.jhtml?id=r00220010618mco01.htm&fromtm=e0 36&_requestid=40918 This will probably wrap. To view it, you do have to have a membership (free--and you won't get SPAMMED--I've been a member for going on 3 years Tech Republic SPAM free--umm, they do like cookies, but if you choose to subscribe to any of their news lists, you have a text only option). Cindy Lynn, > http://www.techrepublic.com/article.jhtml?id=r00220010618mco01.htm&fromtm=e0 > 36&_requestid=40918 > > This will probably wrap. To view it, you do hav...

"Security Now!" is #2 on Apple's iTunes podcast lineup.
Gang, Leo reported today that his "This Week in Tech" is #1, and our newly launched "Security Now!" program is ranked #2 on Apple's iTunes podcast lineup. I've also received some inquiries about linking to the program, which hasn't happened before with other things. So there does seem to be some immediate heat building. I don't know how to evaluate our iTunes ranking other than to think that there must be a dearth of podcasts available! <g> I don't have iTunes installed (and don't own an iPod for that matter, I use a 1 GB ...

You won't want to miss tonight's Security Now!, #22
Folks, I have been debating with myself whether to write at significant length what I have discovered about this so-called Windows WMF "vulnerability" during my research into its exact operation. I have decided to wait for tonight's Security Now! podcast, where I will be able to clearly and carefully lay out what I now know, and carefully explain the only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn from what I have learned. It is not what Microsoft has allowed the world to assume. -- ________________________________________________________________ Steve. Sal...

Electronic security was a 'secondary' issue, says M$'s security honco???
http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=1524&mode=thread&order=0 -- Regard: Joh@nnes´┐Ż 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" "Johannes Niebach" <niebach@sprint.ca> wrote in message news:9lgmae$56c$1@news.grc.com... > http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=1524&mode=thread&order=0 > This is exactly what the problem is. "We built really great things that give you the ability to do really great things and often at times it's almost secondary at the back what som...

What's the best forum you've been to (best functionality)
Trying to get an idea for a forum project I'll be working on for a while. Wanted to know what were some of the best forums you guys have been to, as far as functionality. thanks. I would have to say phpBB2 by far. I have set up many forums for clients over the years and phpBB2 is always the fastest and more reliable... even under heavy loads. There other forums out there, but they're not as intuitive or as fast and easy to use IMO....

What's the 'best' way to refer to obects' constants?
Which is the 'best' way to refer to constants declared in a user object? Using the class name, or an instance of the object? e.g. when setting up the PFC linkage service, is it better to use dw_base.inv_linkage.of_SetStyle(n_cst_dwsrv_linkage.RETRIEVE) or dw_base.inv_linkage.of_SetStyle(dw_base.inv_linkage.RETRIEVE) ? My preference (which probably comes from using static class variables in Java) is for the former, but is there any reason this should be avoided? Both seem to work okay, at least in the current version, but I'm a bit wary in case using the class name to acce...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

..question for W2000 tech's
I'm going to install a W2000pro installation for a basic home user setup. My question is about updating it. I'm going first slipstream SP4 with my old original CD - that's easy. Does SP4 require any certain version of IE to be on the CD first? Anything else to know before I start? thanks, Rick Let me clarify a little just in case, I'm just creating a bootable W2000proSP4 cd from my old original version CD, and I have everything to do it and know how, but my only question is, unlike WXP which I've done already and its wxpsp1 already has IE6SP1 incorporat...

Army's tech gallery
cool gallery of rugged computer and peripherals http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/computers/gallery.html <snip> cool gallery of rugged computer and peripherals > > http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/computers/gallery.html <snip> I wonder if any of the "ruggedized" machines or variants are available to the public. I could see any number of civilian applications for some of this stuff. P N Wandering aimlessly around grc.techtalk, I heard Pseudo Nym mention: > <snip> cool gallery of rugged computer and peripherals >&...

PayPal 's security 'flawed'
A security flaw in the online payment service PayPal means sensitive information is at risk and customers could lose control of their accounts, according to an Auckland software developer. http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/2480292/PayPals-security-flawed?cid=nl_DR_DAILY_T -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Insert text of Format (People'S OR Republic'S)
 I am not actually able to add Such type of text like People'S OR Republic'S Where 'S is der i am geting error while inserting through  Insert statement.What is the problem actually? I would wager that you are building the insert statement by concatenating strings together. Not only does doing that produce your symptom, but it also makes your system very vulnerable to sql injection attacks that can steal or destroy your data. Do a search on this forum for "parameterized query" or "parameterized queries".  You will find instructions for how t...

Now.Date() returns server's or client's date?
hello! Now.Date() function. does it return server's date or the client's date? if it returns client's date, what do i need to get the server's date? thanx in advance-keeara g------------------ The function is run on the server, and thus it returns the server's time.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Web resources about - Security Now in Tech Republic's 10 best tech podcasts - grc.securitynow