What kind of attack is this

My firewall log is indicating many types of blocks, and many of them:

Here are the major ones:

65.163.234.48:6972 to UDP port 6970 or 6972 or 6973
199.172.144.80:80 to TCP port 21543
63.240.26.126:19530 to UDP port 137
202.100.26.139:1576 to TCP port 98
63.250.209.54:2835 to UDP port 2917
63.240.26.15:55448 to UDP port 137

What might these be, attacks or just nuisance? Thanks.

--
Colonel Blip
0

"Colonel Blip" <col.blip@nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message

> My firewall log is indicating many types of blocks, and many of them:
>
> Here are the major ones:
>
> What might these be, attacks or just nuisance? Thanks.

Port scans, maybe someone is trying to find a hole into Your system,
the attack (if there'll be one) will come later ...

Regards
0
ObiWan

What kind of attack is this?
ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 was logging about 3 or 4 (maybe more) different and unrelated addresses being blocked. Internet connection was becoming a bit laggy but still hung onto being connection, until after a while nothing was accessible on the internet and/or online services. Without ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 running, computer would become very laggy, including mouse movements and program use, to the point of almost being completely locked up (but not really locked up). Oh, and throughout the whole attack, the "Receive" light on cablemodem was constantly on. Is this one of the DoS attacks? ...

security too secure

What kind of attack is this?
ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 was logging about 3 or 4 (maybe more) different and unrelated addresses being blocked. Internet connection was becoming a bit laggy but still hung onto being connection, until after a while nothing was accessible on the internet and/or online services. Without ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 running, computer would become very laggy, including mouse movements and program use, to the point of almost being completely locked up (but not really locked up). Oh, and throughout the whole attack, the "Receive" light on cablemodem was constantly on. Is this one of the DoS attacks? ...

when is secure, secure?

How secure is secure?

Security: Attacks Exposed
How serious a particular attack type is depends on two things: how the attack is carried out, and what damage is done to the compromised system. An attacker being able to run code on his machine is probably the most serious kind of attack for a home user. For an e-commerce company, a denial of service (DoS) attack or information leakage may be of more immediate concern. Each vulnerability that can lead to compromise can be traced to a particular category, or class, of attack.The properties of each class give you a rough feel for how serious an attack in that class is, as well as how hard i...

Security Cerificate attack?
Name: Colin Email: colinhutchesonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Security Cerificate attack? Comments: I use Linux exclusively and usually a Ubuntu derivative such as MoonOS, Mint6, Ubuntu-Studio, etc.. I have also been using Firefox on each until I noticed a suspicious "trusted certificate" which whatever I try doing to delete it always remains in the browsers preferences after restarting. I've even tried disconnecting from Internet when doing this. Its the same on three Linux distributions on one machine and two more on another machine. I beli...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

i was attacked ----what can i do to the attacker ??
a lot of times people try to attack my computer i get theyr ip from my firewall (blackice) i know there is a PING command that makes his computer shut down or restart itself if u don't know this command i need some other means to retaliate i want to make him stop remember that i know his ip..... i'd apresiate some help 10x a lot tryf tryf@hotmail.com tryf, In my opinion it is not generally a good idea to retaliate. Just make sure that you are secure, and if you have a persistent attacker, or someone is really seriously attacking you with a bombardment, then yo...

Password secure...is it secure?
Yes I just got this baby and I LOVE it! Its great. I have stored all my passwords inside of it (and yes made a few backups from them in secure locations) How secure is this program really? It uses blowfish to encrypt the database but how strong blowfish? 128bits? 256? 448? Anything else I should think about it? I have putted it and its databases inside PGPdisk just to play it safe...but then again Im a paranoid. :) -- Markus Jansson ************************************ My privacy related homepage and PGP keys: http://www.geocities.com/jansson_markus/ ********...

How secure is AuthenticationTypes.Secure?
I understand that AuthenticationTypes.Secure requests secure authentication using Kerberos or NTLM (??). However, here is a scenario I am trying to understand. Let us say that I am having a regular ASP.NET site - with SSL certificates not installed on the web server. The login sends the request out to an AD server which also does not have certificates installed. However, I have set Secure flag to AuthenticationTypes.Secure. When the username and password data gets transmitted between the application and the LDAP server, how secure are the password and username info? In other words is this in...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

How you you secure a latop from all attacks while traveling?
I will be doing some traveling in the summer to places where I have at least a little worry about organizations/people trying to sneak keyloggers/trojans/etc onto my laptop. So I am starting o think about how I would secure it Here are my thoughts so far. There are several ways you would be vulnerable, and thus probably need a combination of solutions to be as secure as possible. Sources of Vulnerability 1. Inserted CD/DVD/USB/Floppy with executable/autorun 2. Software spyware installed via #2 or after hacking an admin account 3. External penetration over internet/local LAN ...

How secure is secure enough?
July 28, 2008 (Computerworld) This story originally appeared in Computerworld's print edition. If there is a Holy Grail in the information security industry, it surely is the answer to the question, "How secure is secure enough?" It's a question that many security managers have either avoided answering altogether or tried to quickly sidestep by throwing a fistful of mainly pointless operational metrics at anyone who cared to ask. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=321921&intsrc=hm_list -- "Never d...

Web resources about - What kind of attack is this - grc.security

Massive Attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Massive Attack are a British DJ and trip hop duo from Bristol , England consisting of Robert "3D" Del Naja and Grant "Daddy G" Marshall . Working ...

Blackberry CEO attacks Apple’s stance on privacy, says ‘putting reputation above the greater good’
... , the FBI , the DOJ and other law-enforcement agencies – with the Homeland Security Committee and CIA joining in following the Paris attacks. ...

Enrique Marquez, Syed Farook's former neighbor, arrested in San Bernardino terror attack
Enrique Marquez, the former neighbor of San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook, has been arrested in connection with the Dec. 2 terror attack that ...

Outlook “letterbomb” exploit could auto-open attacks in e-mail
... the company's monthly "Patch Tuesday" was an update to the Microsoft Office suite designed to close a vulnerability that would allow an attacker ...

"Among the many sad signs of our time are the current political and media attacks on Supreme Court Justice ...
"... for speaking the plain truth on a subject where lies have been the norm for years," writes Thomas Sowell of the much-discussed oral argument ...

Student who stopped gun attack among Carnegie Heroes
Pittsburgh-based commission's new honorees also include 4 who died trying to save others

Russia’s Attacks On NATO: U.S. Needs To Show Some Leadership
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu’s first trip following the incident with Russia was to Baku

Marco Rubio attacks Ted Cruz for voting against bill that Rubio didn't bother to show up for
Tuesday night's Republican debate featured a sideshow exposing the mutual contempt Sens. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz hold for each other, which ...

2015's big hacks, attacks and security blunders
The security breaches, blunders, and disasters of 2015 tanked our trust in health insurance providers, credit agencies, the IRS, car manufacturers, ...

Utah cops hunt for suspect in road rage machete attack
Utah cops hunt for suspect in road rage machete attack