Someone on address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx wants to send ICMP packet to your machine?

application tcpip.kernal driver

Anyone know what this is? the IP address resolves to
serial1-10.xxx.xxxx.alter.net. I keep getting the same request over and over
again

Thanks

SE
0
SE

"Lawrence Baldwin" <baldwinL@mynetwatchman.com> wrote in message
> Given that the source is a UUnet router, this could be the root cause:

> http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/security/backscat.htm

> "SE" <watertoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > application tcpip.kernal driver
> >
> > Anyone know what this is? the IP address resolves to
> > serial1-10.xxx.xxxx.alter.net. I keep getting the same request over and
> over
> > again
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > SE

Thanks Lawrence,

I figured it out finally. It is Kerio. Every time the Kerio open connections
windows is open, I am constantly getting the alert message: ICMP [3]
Destination Unreachable from 157.130.72.29 was blocked by rule 'Incoming
ICMP'

Whether this is the way it is 'posed ot be I have no idea. But it is
annoying.

Regards

SE
0
SE

Received a Decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I get these errors every once in a while Received a Decline packet for address... Today I noticed that the IP address it has listed was being used (DHCP) earlier, but the person using that machine has rebooted so it grabbed a new IP. Now that machine is holding 2 IP addresses, one Dynamic (in use) and the other one is marked Unathorized by the DNS/DHCP client. For some reason DHCP is holding onto that IP address for the machine even though it's not using it. I wanted to manually release it, but the only option I could see was "Delete" and that doesn't sound good. I ...

Tarpitting active for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ??
Sending email to a particular domain is giving me a message on GWIA "DMN: Send Failure: 421 4.0.0 Tarpitting active for [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]" where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the public IP of my GWIA. What is this? I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of mailbomb protection if you're trying to send to tons of recepients at a particular mail server/domain, but my message only listed 4 recepients. James JJB wrote: > What is this? > > I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of > mailbomb prot...

Did Not receive identification string from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hello. I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two strings with the above format i.e: - Did not receive identification from 61.152.223.195 Did not receive identification string from 222.242.199.132 Both are appearing as entries for sshd. I have enabled ssh and port 22 is opened. What does this mean? -- gakiimurerwa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:56:02 +0000, gakiimurerwa wrote: > > Hello. > > I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two string...

request for authentication with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp
When I use the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp tool to install a printer or to install the ipp client, I get a request to authenticate. To authenticate, I have to use the full user context identification ie. efarmer.mt.mvctc. Ironically, if I cancel the authentication--do no authentication-- I can still do the same updates, no problem. Is there a way to not have the request for authentication come up? If not, is there a way to have contextless login? Ed There is no way currently to use contextless login with iprint. As far as authenticating on port 631, there should...

Receive a decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxt/unauthorized assignment type
Hi, I am running netware 5.1 sp7 and dhcpsrvr 313c and this is the dilemma: I am receiving decline packets on the dhcp server console and the addresses that are showing up are in the dhcp console with an assignment type of Unauthorized. If I check through the IP range the machine that holds the Unauthorized assignment type will have more than one IP address listed for each machine that is reporting this error. I tried TID 10014757 and had the SET UNAUTHORIZED IP SCAN INTERVAL =1. That released the IP's back to dynamic so I changed it to =8 so that it would have less impact on the netw...

use of Inherits="xxx.xxx.xxx"
Can someone please tell me the exact use of Inherits word used in the page level directive? example, <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default_new.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="myapp.default_new" %> thanks in advancefeed the creative machine Hi, taken from this url: @ Page I found this: Inherits Defines a code-behind class for the page to inherit. This can be any class derived from the Page class. For information about code-behind classes, see Web Forms Code Model. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. H...

IP alerts in ZAP for 216.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hi I have been getting a lot of alerts from IP's begining with the IP 216. It always appears to try and get in on port 80. These have been happening at an interval of about every 5 to 10 min. The rest of the IP number after 216 is different but some are the same. this has been happening for several days now Is there any need to worry about this?? Thanks in advance Examples The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (HTTP) from 216.214.141.171 (TCP Port 2535) [TCP Flags: S]. Time: 8/10/2001 9:14:30 AM The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer...

NTP server error.
Just switched all our servers over from timesync to ntp. I have setup 2 servers, one on each side of a wan link to get time from the internet and also be peer to peer with each other. I get the following error on the one. - peer authentication failure Unable to take time from the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as the keys are not matching. Ensure that you have the right keys I looked for the error, but couldn't find it. Any ideas here? Thanks Bill Hmmm, I didn't think NTP required any form of authentication or used keys at all. In any case you might run sdidiag an...

SM does not get rid of xxx.msf or xxx.dat on unsubscribing from xxx?
When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: > When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of > the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Built in. In case you want to re-subscribe. You can delete them if you wish Moz Champion (Dan) wrote: > Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: >> When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of >> the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} f...

What about 169.254.xxx.xxx ?
Steve, Thought you might like to add to the web pages somewhere that Microsoft Windows' single desktops that aren't already in a Network often "autoconfig" their LAN cards to: 169.254.xxx.xxx at bootup! Any idea why they do that? I looked it up at IANA, and it comes back as: =========================================== NetRange: 169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255 CIDR: 169.254.0.0/16 NetName: LINKLOCAL NetHandle: NET-169-254-0-0-1 Parent: NET-169-0-0-0-0 NetType: IANA Special Use NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IA...

xxx
Name: Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: xxx Comments: Best Firefox yet. Opens much much quicker. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b4) Gecko/20091124 Firefox/3.6b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

xxx
Name: internetcafe Product: Bon Echo Summary: xxx Comments: aa Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

xxx
[This followup was posted to mozilla.test and a copy was sent to the cited author.] ...

xxx
Name: Dzeen Email: hicksichatmaildotru Product: Firefox Summary: xxx Comments: фаерфокс реально жжот. крутой бровсер) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Web resources about - Someone on address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx wants to send ICMP packet to your machine? - grc.security

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

Nuclear fusion breakthrough achieved with stellarator machine
GERMAN scientists say they have reached a milestone in a quest to derive energy from nuclear fusion, billed as a potentially limitless, safe ...

Tim Cook talks education at NYC Apple Store, says Chromebooks are nothing but ‘test machines’
... Cook said that Chromebooks, which have recently been invading the education market in the Untied States, are nothing more than “test machines.” ...

Cook says Apple won't race Google to bottom of education market, calls Chromebooks 'test machines'
... CEO Tim Cook said his company is interested in building powerful, meaningful products for students and teachers, not inexpensive "test machines" ...

Singapore students design personal flying machine
Ever wanted your own personal flying machine? Well, a team of engineering students at the National University of Singapore (NUS) appear to be ...

The rumoured creator of bitcoin once hacked into his coffee machine
Dr Craig Steven Wright, the Australian scientist named in the press this week as the possible founder of bitcoin, once hacked into his internet-connected ...

The incredible shrinking machine
FOR years, the motor industry lived by the mantra, “bigger is better”. The number of litres that a car’s pistons displaced within its engine’s ...

Why not make a McNugget vending machine out of Legos?
The answer? Because after about 15 minutes they're not nearly as good. That minor hiccup aside, the YouTubers at Astonishing Studios have created ...

Epson Debuts World's First Paper Recycling Machine For Your Office
The PaperLab turns trash into fresh new sheets. A new paper-making machine from Japan promises to revolutionize how offices recycle. Instead ...

Is It Too Late for International Business Machines Corp, Cisco Systems to Win ...
Is It Too Late for International Business Machines Corp, Cisco Systems to Win ... Motley Fool If the cloud and related solutions aren't the ...