Someone on address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx wants to send ICMP packet to your machine?

application tcpip.kernal driver

Anyone know what this is? the IP address resolves to
serial1-10.xxx.xxxx.alter.net. I keep getting the same request over and over
again

Thanks

SE
0
SE
3/12/2002 11:45:00 PM
📁 grc.security
📃 16608 articles.
⭐ 3 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 9677 Views

"Lawrence Baldwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Given that the source is a UUnet router, this could be the root cause:

> http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/security/backscat.htm

> "SE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > application tcpip.kernal driver
> >
> > Anyone know what this is? the IP address resolves to
> > serial1-10.xxx.xxxx.alter.net. I keep getting the same request over and
> over
> > again
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > SE

Thanks Lawrence,

I figured it out finally. It is Kerio. Every time the Kerio open connections
windows is open, I am constantly getting the alert message: ICMP [3]
Destination Unreachable from 157.130.72.29 was blocked by rule 'Incoming
ICMP'

Whether this is the way it is 'posed ot be I have no idea. But it is
annoying.

Regards

SE
0