Security startup's creed: you can't hack what you can't see

Security software startup Trusted Network Technologies Inc. is expected to come out of hiding this week. But it hopes its customers
will appreciate the ability to make their networks and critical information systems more clandestine.

The company is expected to disclose today that it has received $6 million in first-round funding from Charles River Ventures and
Flagship Ventures, and it will unveil its access-management app, Identity, which sports a sneaky twist.

According to company founder and CEO Stephen Gant, the app provides user access control by embedding a two-factor identity--one
linked to the user and the other to the system--into each session request. Authentication requires no extra steps be taken by the
user, and there's no impact on network operations, Gant says.

[ Read more ]
http://www.internetweek.com/breakingNews/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=BOQMCPFXKOULGQSNDBCCKHSCJUMEYJVN?articleID=10700107

--
Regard: Joh@nnes
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until recently. Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache? I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy) Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern matters Using about:cache Information about the Cache Service Memory cache device Number of entries: 722 Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB Storage in use: 7331 KiB Inactive storage: 7331 KiB Offline cache device Number of entries: 0 Maximum storage size: 512000 KiB Storage in use: 0 KiB Cache Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d9ws2fua.default\OfflineCache Checking that general folder area, There is a \profiles\xxccvv\cache folder - ITS EMPTY, even after visiting several ebay links Using about:cache?device=memory Information about the Cache Service Memory cache device Number of entries: 722 Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB Storage in use: 7331 KiB Inactive storage: 7331 KiB using about:cache?device=disk Information about the Cache Service No Other response on the screen for this attempt Using...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

Name: Ed Leech Email: ELCraftatzoominternetdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Two things,Why do I keep getting emails that I don't want. can't get rid of them? Why can't I get my email when I am out of town? Or can I? Comments: I am getting frusted with all the emails coming in that I do not want, I am using the tools to get thme out but they keep coming. They just use different names or whatever. I have been thinking of just switching to something else but my business intrusts know this email and it is tooo confusing to change. Every time I go out of town on business I can get me emails. If I switch to yahoo.com I can get into yahoo from anywhere but not THunderbird.If I am wrong please let me know. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Can't figure out what's wrong with mail URL's
I have a problem in that when I click a URL within my mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird) - it downloads HTML and then displays it in IE with an address of C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Temp\name of HTML file This means that none of the associated images etc are displayed. The only way I can get the site to load properly is to copy and paste the URL into IE directly. Previously I was using Mozilla Firebird as my default browser. Anyone know what is going on here? Thanks! XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 Paul Jackson <jackson.p.g@ayte...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

First Time
I've just downloaded, installed and compiled the DotNetNuke 3.1.1 solution.  I can build it, but I can't get to the start page or step through and debug it to see how it works and to begin work customizing it.I get the message Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.   I've copied the contents of the release.config file to a web.config file and I set the debug to rrue.  I running debug mode, but can't figure out why I can't see the web page in my browser either.   Is there a file that gives specific instructions for how to ...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled #2
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrote... > when I run system procedure,I got following messages : > > Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the > 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the > transaction log. > Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of > thesegment. > Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may > be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may > want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE > command. > > thanks. > It sounds like your tempdb is too small or you're trying to do too much for the configured space. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/even...

I can see AP's, but can't connect..
Hello there, I have a wireless PCMCIA card, Belkin Pre-N F5D8010. I am using the Ndiswrapper that Yast2 installs and I made sure to do a uname -r to install the correct Ndiswrapper files. As per the forum sticky, here is my information: LSPCI OUTPUT Code: -------------------- 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Airgo Networks Inc AGN100 802.11 a/b/g True MIMO Wireless Card (rev 01) -------------------- LSPCI -N OUTPUT Code: -------------------- 03:00.0 0200: 17cb:0001 (rev 01) -------------------- DMESG OUTPUT Code: -------------------- ...

Dropdownlist on website
When I access an application written in asp.net 2.0 on my pc (uses XP) and on a laptop (using Vista), I can type into the dropdownlist to search for a record.  But other pc's (using XP) do not allow the user type to do a search.  Only the first letter of the word or the drop down are available to do a search.   Does anyone know why it would work with some pc's but not on others? I think this behaviour is in IE 7, check to see what versions of IE the PC's have that done work.--------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample applicationScott ASP.net blog That is it.  I installed IE7 on one of the pc's that still had IE6 and I can now type the name into the dropdownlist.  Thanks....

Can't see the 'Move Up', 'Move Down', Move to Top' etc. Module Menu items.
Hey all: I've just started finally putting my first website together. But I've noticed something strange. When I'm on the Admin or Host menu, the module menus show the 'move up' move down', move top', etc menu items. However, *none* of my other tabs with multiple modules in a pane show any way of moving the module up or down. It's very disconcerting, because once I place a module, I have no way of moving it up or down, like I normally could. I *can* move it from pane to pane, if the skin for that tab is a multi-pane skin. But I can't move a module up or down. Also, I added an Eve...

Hi, I am randomly getting the following error message in my application. ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP Address of the server'(10048) ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP of the server' (10048) I am using .Net 2.0 with VS2005 having ODBC 3.51.14 Driver.  Can any body point out the core reasons of the above error message? Thanks. Nouman Khawaja. I do have the same problem, help me out. Thanks  If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... When I was writing an app in C# I had to download MySQL driver for connecting to MySQL DB. Try downloading the one from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/dotnet.html or google for: mysql connector netPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you well I've been using this website since a long time. And it didn't prompt this error atleast since last 6 months.Today suddenly it started to display this message.If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... Well from what I've read on mysql site this driver is old. First I would simply try to download a new driver. Wasn't the MySQL DB engine upgraded when it started to be buggy?Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you Well as I've told you that my site was in running condition since last 6 months. And it was working fine. And today i faced this problem. If the going seems e...

Can't boot, can't update
I have upgraded from SuSE version 11.3 (which worked well) using zypper dup. Unfortunately, an earlier post regarding resolution of a CPU crash during boot turned out to be premature, as it is now intermittent. When booting, the system: (1) UDV reports a CPU crash (on-screen dump) (2) if the computer is reset (turned off, then on again), it will eventually either boot up normally (rare) or display a screen with a very wrong resolution setting. Repeatedly rebooting will eventually tease the system into normal operation, but it usually takes several attempts. Several Grub parame...

I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening
Name: Bradley Crees Product: Shiretoko Summary: I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening Comments: every time I open firefox it opens a tab with http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.1b1/whatsnew/ I can't stop it coming up, and it's affecting my ocd Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. On Oct 31, 4:02=A0pm, Bradley Crees <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote: > Name: =A0 =A0Bradley Crees > Product: Shiretoko > Summary: I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening > > Comments: > every time I open firefox it opens a tab withhttp://en-us.www.mozilla.com= /en-US/firefox/3.1b1/whatsnew/I can't stop > it coming up, and it's affecting my ocd > > Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1= b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 > From URL:http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ > > Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedb= ack > but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them = to > see it. Yes i am getting the same thing opens home page tab + whats new tab , very iritating ...

They Can't Crack What They Can't Find
They Can't Crack What They Can't Find noeld@rootprompt.org The Internet today is a jungle full of predators. Some of these predators are trying to crack your machine others are just looking for a machine to crack. By using the firewalling tools built into the Linux kernel it is possible to make a desktop machine virtually disappear from the crackers view. In this article I will describe how to hide a machine running Linux that uses PPP over a modem to connect to the Internet. I will use ipchains and the firewalling built into the Linux kernel to protect the services that are running on this machine from connections across the PPP interface. For this example, I will use a Debian system with a 2.2.15 Linux kernel on a Debian system. You should note that the firewalling code in the 2.4 Kernel has undergone a rewrite, but that the examples in this article will still work by loading the ipchains compatibility module. We begin right after you have installed Linux on your machine and before you have connected to the Internet. Any connections to the Internet could leave your machine compromised so it is important to secure your machine before you connect for the first time. After the install you should turn off all of the services and daemons that you do not need. Each service that is running is one more that could be vulnerable and will require monitoring for security advisories and updating as new versions are released. To find where to turn off the...

Can't open Can't delete
Name: Mike Gordon Email: mikeatmgendodotcodotnz Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't open Can't delete Comments: HELP I cannot open thunderbird after latest update. It has an error message thunderbird.exe is not a Win 32 command. I also cannot delet it to reload it I need some help Please Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Can't regenerate, can't open
In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when the app is compiled. When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed. It has been migrated to current version format, but must also be successfully regenerated". But when I try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me regenerate. Any ideas? Thanks. hi, try to export and reimport the function ( check the code also) hope it will help you fran�ois This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where ...

can't connect and can't scroll
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: can't connect and can't scroll Comments: Downloaded beta 6 several times and I can never get online. Everything else connected to the internet works fine, but I can't open a single page in firefox. Also, I'm currently using beta 4 so I don't know if this has been improved, but every time I minimize firefox and later maximize it, I can no longer use the mousepad on my laptop to scroll without reloading the page. Vista Home Premium 32-bit Dell XPS M1330 Intel T9300 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b4) G...

Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff...
Name: William Jones Email: jbillyjonesatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff... Comments: Hello Again FireFox, Listen...I'm just a simple guy, a 'dial-up baby boomer' who's had to learn the hard way all the way through. I recently sent a similar e-mail requesting assistance with this ridiculous and incessant 'pop up' that informs me that 'my connection has been reset', and/or, 'a problem locating page'....huh? I was just on the damn thing and even switching from one ...

'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E
Name: Del Dyreson Email: drdyreson_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox Summary: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E Comments: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E. I'm running Win2000Pro, Ver 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ...

Can't login to SQL and I think it's a security issue on server...
I've done this many times before and now having a senior moment (forgive me). Anyhow, I know the sever name, database etc. but everytime I try and connect, I get something like: Login failed not a trusted user to SQL server connection.... I've even tried to supply user name, password and same result. I know it sees the SQL server because when I supply an invalid server, it says server not found. The authentication in the application is set to Windows authentication (and in IIS). Could it be an issue on the server side? Yes, I've searched the forums and tried many things ...

can't get reports 'Old Chart's and 'New Charts' to work properly
1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so I'm missing a lot of data in the output. 2. Is there a reason for this - I have been modding bugzilla so that it has an extra status field from earlier this year - would that have had an impact ? 3. Also when I try and do a Old Chart or NewChart I can't see my new 'Status' field to select - this is ok if I do a bar chart though. cheers On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 03:25 -0800, nothtb@ukonline.co.uk wrote: > 1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so &g...

Web resources about - Security startup's creed: you can't hack what you can't see - grc.security