GRC makes the grade

watch the wrap
https://community.qualys.com/blogs/securitylabs/2014/01/21/ssl-labs-
stricter-security-requirements-for-2014

Posted by Ivan Ristic on 21-Jan-2014 in Security Labs
SSL Labs: Stricter Security Requirements for 2014
<quote>
Servers with good configuration, no warnings, and good support for HTTP
Strict Transport Security (long max-age is required), are given an A+.
</quote>

SSL Report: grc.com
Assessed on:  Sun Feb 16 12:42:52 UTC 2014
  	Server 		Domain(s) 	Grade
1 	4.79.142.202	www.grc.com	A+
2 	4.79.142.200	grc.com		A+

SSL Report v1.7.17

--
dave_k
0

dave_k was heard to say :

> watch the wrap

Wrap Solved:

    https://community.qualys.com/blogs/securitylabs/2014/01/21/ssl-labs-stricter-security-requirements-for-2014

--
Mark Cross @ 02/16/2014 10:36 p.m.
You are only truly in control of your life when you accept you are not.

0
Mark

Making should be make
Name: Scott Melton Email: scott_rides_againatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Making should be make Comments: The opening page for Bugzilla is poorly worded. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/start/ The second line: If you want to help making this application even better, we would encourage you to take part in the should be MAKE, not MAKING Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070222 SeaMonkey/1.1.1 ...

security too secure

How To Make It Secure?
Can anyone give recommendations on documentation that lays out how to secure an ASA linux based DB? Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks Martin Martin wrote: > Can anyone give recommendations on documentation that lays > out how to secure an ASA linux based DB? > Can you define what you mean by "secure an ASA DB" ? What environment is your DB going to be running in (intranet, internet)? What firewalls (if any) are involved? What clients are trying to access the db? Are you concerned about remote and/or local access (i.e. users logged into the Linux...

How secure is secure?

when is secure, secure?

Tie in with system security settings on windows is making security situation worse than it ever was with Firefox 2!
Name: Karl Günter Wünsch Email: kgwatmineralien-verkaufdotde Product: Firefox Summary: Tie in with system security settings on windows is making security situation worse than it ever was with Firefox 2! Comments: Hi, there is a reason that IE (6,7,8,whatever) is locked down: It is a part that is integrated into numerous other products which (due to this integration) all pose a security risk. That's why on all windows systems that I use on a regular basis the IE is locked down so that it only can access the update sites from microsoft and nothing else. With ...

how to make my login secure
Hi all i am in a fix I have greated a user login Now the problem is that when user logs in and enters into its welcome page if ai copy and paste the url and try opening it i get to the user page which is a big hole in my application how can i correct it.   What changes i will have to make in web.config for security. thanks mateen   mateenation:What changes i will have to make in web.config for security.Add the lines below in your web.config file<authorization>        <deny users="?" />      </authorization>&...

How secure can I make it?
I have been asked to create an ASP.NET app. The app has to be very secure. I am going to have the user login. If the login passes the credentials will be passed to each page before access to that page is granted. The data in the database will be accessible only through the application. The application will be written .NET 2. What else can I do? Obviously, I am not a security guru. Please help!!!! There are several things you can do to make your website as secure as possible. ASP.NET right out of the box is pretty secure, assuming you use what is built in. For instance, if you use ASP.NE...

How to make my site secure.
I am writing a site using asp.net to query a SQL Server 2000 database. People will have to log on to the site using a password, that I wanted to have checked against a table in the server. Am I going to need a Security Certificate for this site? What else might I need to do in order to make sure that the site is secure? Thanks for any help. Mike Here is an article about most safely storing passwords. Is this site an Internet site? Then you should get a certificate, and use HTTPS for the login page.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My B...

How to make session secure...
Hi to all,I have a issue regarding the use of sessions.I am working on a shopping cart project. In my project I am sessions a lot in transfering data from one page to another. Sometimes even the username and passwords. I also used session for carrying the cart data from one page to another.So I want to know, Is there anything like the session can be hacked or they are not safe?If yes then please suggest me a method to make the sessions secure by encrypting or something like that.Waiting for the response....Thanks in advance. cheerssneha Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as An...

Ho do you make a page secure ?
Hello All, I am trying to set up a login system to protect certain pages from unauthorised access.I checked out the web and was quickly able to set up the login system with usernames and passwords. The only problem I have is I don't know how to make a page secure. I tried using LogInView on each of the secure pages to show only the login box when not logged in and all the page content when logged inThis didn't work as all my web controls were flagged as not existing in the current context when I tried to run the page.I can see that my login screen does work it logs you...

How to make Web Application more Secure????
Hi All... Currently i am doing my banking application using ASP.Net,C#, SQL Server2000... i want some technical solution realated securities from you guys as follow.. i already logged to my application by using username and password.. after login page my home page Home.aspx coming on screen.. i have features all like Balance Inquiry, Mini Statement, Last Transaction, Private Banking, Net Banking in my Home Page in left menu side. All Features are working very well.. For Security Reason i want some technical help from all of you guys... Problem is After my successful login page If i not tou...

How does a password make my computer more secure?
The has bugged me for some time... I know I'm missing something, but I can't really put my finger on it. Obviously, if your banking online or have something private in public, a good password can keep someone out of your account and messing things up for you. But on a home computer, I just can't see how a password helps. Is it supposed to protect my files or privacy or something like that? But if someone has physical access to my computer then a livecd will circumvent any password I have. Is it supposed to protect me from malicious users on the internet or on a public net...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

How to make the uploaded files secure ?
Hi Guys, i need help,Can any one let me know that how to make the uploaded files secure, so that the user could not access the file by copying the url and then pasring it in browser to access that uploaded file, When Viewing that file, there should be particular way of accessing that uploaded file through application.Plz reply ASAP, thankx in advance. Why not simply save it out side the virtual directory? If you put the file under your virtual path, people can access it, so to make is easy just save it in a directory that is not under your virtual directory, or do must it be located under...

Web resources about - GRC makes the grade - grc.security

Poll king Trump faces Iowa reality check
Poll-leading showman Donald Trump faces the first test of his meteoric political career on February 1, when voting to elect a new US president ...

Redesigned Apple Watch Rumored For Fall 2016
Before Apple took the wraps off the Apple Watch, many were speculating as to what the device would look like. Many had expressed interest in ...

Viola Davis Does Not Blame Oscars for ‘All-White’ Nominees, Says Problem Lies In Hollywood Itself
American actress Viola Davis has also spoken out about the controversy surrounding the upcoming Academy Awards regarding all-white nominees. ...

Travelers Happy Airlines Pre-Cancelled Flights
CBS Local Travelers Happy Airlines Pre-Cancelled Flights CBS Local DFW AIRPORT (CBS11) – Thanks to the winter storm hitting the mid-Atlantic ...

PARANOID: Fear, hate and conspiracy theories have destroyed Hillary Clinton’s campaign
By Daniel Greenfield Hillary Clinton’s political future is caught between an old hippie and the FBI . Under fire, her collapsing campaign is ...

European authorities angered by VW's North American compensation program
Filed under: Government/Legal , Volkswagen , Diesel Volkswagen is under attack by European legislators after refusing to expand its US compensation ...

2 Michigan Environmental Workers Suspended Amid Flint Water Crisis
Two workers from Michigan's Department of Environmental Quality were suspended.

1 Dead, 11 Hospitalized After Listeria Outbreak Linked to Packaged Salad, CDC Says
USA TODAY 1 Dead, 11 Hospitalized After Listeria Outbreak Linked to Packaged Salad, CDC Says ABC News The CDC is investigating a multi-state ...

What Apple’s latest VR hire means for this growing market
ANALYSIS: Apple invented the smartphone (even though it didn’t). It also invented the tablet … or maybe not. Now, it looks like it might invent ...

‘Apple Car’ hits a snag as its project leader departs
Apparently, the road to success of the Apple Car is paved with bumps and turnarounds. As reported by the Wall Street Journal , the person in ...