F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux

F-Secure Corp. on Tuesday unveiled security software for open-source Samba
file servers and Linux, addressing a need that's growing within the
enterprise market.

The Finnish company announced the availability of antivirus software for
Samba that automatically detects and removes viruses from files stored on
the server. The new product is meant to protect all Samba-attached computers
from malicious code that could enter the network from a Windows or Linux
machine.

Next month, F-Secure plans to ship a Linux version of F-Secure Policy
Manager, which will extend centrally managed virus-scanning to Linux
workstations. The current product, which only runs on Windows, supports
virus scanning on Windows-based workstations, Microsoft Exchange, and
F-Secure's firewall, gateway, and other products.

F-Secure software supports products from Linux distributors SuSE (which was
recently acquired by Novell), and Red Hat Inc. Both new products are sold on
a per-CPU basis.

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20040323S0013

--
Donna,
Track or post software updates at

when is secure, secure?

How secure is secure?

security too secure

Secure By Design: How Guardian Digital Secures EnGarde Secure Linux
"EnGarde Secure Linux is not just another "repackaged" Linux distribution, but a modern open source system built from the ground up to provide secure services in the threatening world of the modern Internet."... http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/125195/171/ ...."The Community edition of EnGarde Secure Linux is completely free and open source, and online security and application updates are freely available with GDSN registration."... http://www.engardelinux.org/modules/index/index.cgi -- js ...

Schneier on Security: Linux Security
Schneier on Security: Linux Security http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/01/linux_security.html *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** I'm a big fan of the Honeynet Project (and a member of their board of directors). They don't have a security product; they do security research. Basically, they wire computers up with sensors, put them on the Internet, and watch hackers attack them. They just released a report about the security of Linux: =====================================...

Software [In]Security: Twitter Security
Making Your Thoughts as Small and Incomplete as Possible Just for the record, I don't use Twitter. But if this column were a Twitter entry, it might read something like: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1350268&cid=nl_DR_DAILY_T -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

F-Secure issues Linux Security 7.00 warning
</quot> F-Secure's Linux Security 7.00 Linux virus scanner contains a critical flaw which may cause it to delete directories on a computer. F-Secure warns that the software with the Client Edition keycode should not be used, and has initiated a product recall. An entry in F-Secure's Linux blog explains that slip-ups in quality control allowed a flaw to slip though the net which makes the scanner delete the /var directory and any contained subdirectories when the tool is operating in client mode. Users of the software can apparently check whether their installation...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

How secure is AuthenticationTypes.Secure?
I understand that AuthenticationTypes.Secure requests secure authentication using Kerberos or NTLM (??). However, here is a scenario I am trying to understand. Let us say that I am having a regular ASP.NET site - with SSL certificates not installed on the web server. The login sends the request out to an AD server which also does not have certificates installed. However, I have set Secure flag to AuthenticationTypes.Secure. When the username and password data gets transmitted between the application and the LDAP server, how secure are the password and username info? In other words is this in...

Password secure...is it secure?
Yes I just got this baby and I LOVE it! Its great. I have stored all my passwords inside of it (and yes made a few backups from them in secure locations) How secure is this program really? It uses blowfish to encrypt the database but how strong blowfish? 128bits? 256? 448? Anything else I should think about it? I have putted it and its databases inside PGPdisk just to play it safe...but then again Im a paranoid. :) -- Markus Jansson ************************************ My privacy related homepage and PGP keys: http://www.geocities.com/jansson_markus/ ********...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

How secure is secure enough?
July 28, 2008 (Computerworld) This story originally appeared in Computerworld's print edition. If there is a Holy Grail in the information security industry, it surely is the answer to the question, "How secure is secure enough?" It's a question that many security managers have either avoided answering altogether or tried to quickly sidestep by throwing a fistful of mainly pointless operational metrics at anyone who cared to ask. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=321921&intsrc=hm_list -- "Never d...

Security
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm a Mac user 10.4.8 of Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 & am wondering how "Enabling FIPS" will improve my security? I can't seem to find any explanation of FIPS under Thunderbird help. -- Have a good day R Schwager --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Tr...

F Secure internet Security 2013
someone is asking for an opinion on this one and I have no experience with it. Just wondering if anyone here uses it, likes it, how well it behaves, anything...thanks..Mike ...

Web resources about - F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux - grc.security

F-Secure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
F-Secure Corporation (formerly Data Fellows ) is an anti-virus , cloud content and computer security company based in Helsinki , Finland . The ...

F-Secure Freedome (@FreedomeVPN) on Twitter

F-Secure Freedome VPN on the App Store on iTunes
Get F-Secure Freedome VPN on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Protection Against Cyber Threats to Businesses - F-Secure
... Business Products Products Full-Protection Suites Endpoint Protection Management and Control Network Protection Enterprise Security Why F-Secure ...

f-secure - News, Features, and Slideshows - CIO
Latest news, features, and slideshows on f-secure from CIO

f-secure - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on f-secure from Computerworld

Duqu - Stuxnet - McAfee - Symantec - F-Secure - cyber espionage
Security researchers have identified a new highly sophisticated computer virus similar to Stuxnet, the worm that targeted Iran's nuclear facilities ...

F-Secure - 9to5Google
A recent […] report by F-Secure raised privacy concerns by stating that Xiaomi devices are sending phone numbers to Xiaomi’s servers. These concerns ...

F-Secure releases one-click test for PCs infected by GameOver Zeus botnet
... was not the only tech entity involved, and the death notice may have been a bit premature. One of the others involved was security firm F-Secure, ...

FSC1V News: F-Secure OYJ Headlines & Press Releases - Bloomberg
Breaking news on F-Secure OYJ (FSC1V) including company news, press releases and other Computer Data Security headline news.