Connecting to SSL VPN through a PPTP VPN

Hi

This may seem a weird question...

I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.4.8), and when at Uni, I connect to
their wireless network using a VPN (PPTP).

When connected, the network only allows network access through
a proxy on port 8080. Hence, I cannot check email or connect
to IM services and so on.

I have a SSL VPN account setup with HotSpotVPN2 [1], so I
figured I could connect to the Uni VPN, then connect to the
HotSpotVPN. But, when I tried HotSpotVPN would never connect.

[1] <http://www.hotspotvpn.com>

Is it possible for me to do this?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Tim
0
Tim
12/1/2006 7:35:58 AM
grc.security.wireless 436 articles. 0 followers. Follow

vpn to vpn connection question
Hello: I've been asked to look into a vpn to vpn connection with a third party vpn server connection to our bm38sp2 vpn. Last week I had asked if this was possible and the answer was yes (but). Currently I have our vpn up and running to allow me secure access from home for remote management. The vpn is setup as the master vpn server. Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client in this case (I assume so)? If so, how does this impact our current setup as a master server? Thanks in advance, Chris. PS. Others have suggested (strongly) to si...

Error connecting to VPN through VPN Client
Hi, I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error, "failed to connect to the authentication gateway either 19*.***.***.*** is an invalid server address or the authentication gateway is not loaded on the server" What is the usual cause of this? > Hi, > > I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the > other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error, > > "failed to connect to the a...

VPN Connection PPTP
Hi everyone , I have a big problem since I completly switched to Opensuse11.3 From MS-Windows OS. The Problem is I had a PPTP VPN connection in windows, Which i used to connect Via a connection, The VPN provider gave me. Since these connection are for MS-Windows , I can't create a connection manually in Opensuse. I used , KDE control module/Network connection/VPN/add -> PPTP then I entered the host ip in NT DOMAIN field , my username, and password, and left all other options ( including Gateway) the way it was. After that, every time I try to connect to this connectio...

Connecting to an MSSQL database using Windows PPTP VPN connection
Hi to everyone,The problems is that I do not understand what to do.I can connect to the network but don't know how to access the database.Any help would be very appreciatedThank you in any case :) MM what you want to do? if you want to connect a remote database then first you have to register you remote database using enterprize manager and then you can access that database.Regards,AvinashPlease don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. I want to connect to a remote databaseThe only thing that bothers me is what is VPN for? I have the IP ...

Unable to complete a vpn connection with Juniper VPN
Name: Gary Levin Email: levingatinsightbbdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Unable to complete a vpn connection with Juniper VPN Comments: Using Juniper VPN software, the production Firefox works just fine. The 3.5 preview does not. It appears to load, java starts and it allows the login information to be entered. The session is not able to complete. It appears to start but hangs somewhere and never returns the Session page. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b99) Gecko/20090605 Firefox/3.5b99 From URL: http://hendri...

How to setup my VPN to allow printing while connected to the VPN
Hello there, I am new to Border Manager and have a Bordermanager VPN at my office. I have remote sites that need to be able to print while connected to the VPN, however they cannot. Could anyone offer advice on what I need to do to get this working? Phil In article <tOutc.181$uj7.83@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > Hello there, I am new to Border Manager and have a Bordermanager VPN at > my office. I have remote sites that need to be able to print while > connected to the VPN, however they cannot. Could anyone offer advice on > what I need to do to ge...

Small VPN appliance to connect to BM VPN
--____VQHYVYNDJJYFRGAXQVCU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 30 Mar 2007 18:09:36 -0400" Can anybody recommend a small (inexpensive) router that could easily = create a VPN from it to a BM 3.8 server? We have a remote location = (warehouse) that will have 2 computers. I was going to set up the = workstations to connect to a Terminal server in the main office to run the = applications they require. The problem I am attempting to deal with is = that the use...

Novell vpn wireless security
Has any one tried this vpn client for wireless security I am tring to see if it is worth my time. My current problem is that with 802.1x auth and EAP-PEAP you have to login workstation only so that the wireless connection can startup authenticate and then get an ip. Then you can login to novell. With the VPN client I have an idea that if I make the wireless network security open the computer will get an ip before I login to the Novell client. Then you can login to vpn and authenticate with novell together. Then if that works the question of roaming and how the vpn tunnel stays connec...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Problem connecting over PPTP VPN
I have 4 databases running on one server. Three are on one engine, called wra_data, and the other is by itself. I can connect fine to the single one fine over both the LAN, and the PPTP VPN. However, I can't connect to the others over a VPN, even though I can over the LAN. It looks like it can't separate the engine name from the database name. Here are the dbping commands I used to test: This one works, and is the single database on its own engine: dbping -c "eng=quikbook;dbn=quikbook;links=tcpip(host=192.168.1.68);uid=dba;pwd=sql" -d This is one of the...

VPN Client jumps back to VPN tab when trying to connect
I've got a BM3.8Sp2 server (running on NW6.5SP2) set-up with client to site VPN. A while ago it was working fine. I've now tried to use it in anger, and whenever I click the connet button in the VPN client, the client thinks for a second or so, and then jumps back to the VPN tab. WHere do I start if troubleshooting or fixing this ? Thanks GTG Gordon, I wonder if something got removed or corrupted in the client. I'd try to uninstall/reinstall the client component... -- Caterina Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Caterina Luppi wrote: > Gordo...

C2S vpn, no access to local network when VPN connection made
Situation: A customer is making a connection from his workstation, connected to his lan, via the VPN client to our network. As soon as the connection is made he can no longer access his network resources. Even a ping to local resources is not possible. is there a way to confige C2S VPN to let this work? i know it's possible with CISCO vpn... BM38 sp4, vpn client 3.8.9 grtnx jeroen You need to configure the traffic rules such that only the internal network is encrypted, and all others are not (bypass rule). Two rules. (I have an example of this in my BMgr 3.x book at t...

PPTP VPN through home wireless routers?
Hey everyone, I just setup VPN access for our high level remote users to try and replace an internet citrix nightmare but am having trouble connecting through many wireless routers at these users' homes. Anyone know of any list or resources online that I can research to see if I can help this situation out a bit? Thanks! Luis Before you go too far... The VPNs need to be on a different subnet than your office network. If the office is 192.168.0.x then the wireless lans at the users home has to be somethiung else like 192.168.1.x or 10.10.0.x Miles58 wrote: &...

Issue connecting PPTP VPN
Please provide me steps to connect to the pptp VPN, I have installed Kvpnc but no luck sofar. Its very urgent for me because I have to work on VPN for a client next week and I dont have any windows laptop. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! -- anantg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Web resources about - Connecting to SSL VPN through a PPTP VPN - grc.security.wireless

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...