ZAP 4.0.210.0 and 4.0.146.?

Can someone please explain what the difference is between
the two versions?

I have ZAP 4.0.146 and when I click on check for upgrade,
it says I have the latest version; which clearly is
a bit misleading.  Is 4.0.210.0 on a different scale or
is my ZAP update screwed up?  My ZAP hasn't expired.

Any clarifications appreciated.

Edmund

Edmund
10/29/2003 1:37:00 AM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Edmund" <kdtc@netfront.net> wrote in message
> Can someone please explain what the difference is between
> the two versions?
>
> I have ZAP 4.0.146 and when I click on check for upgrade,
> it says I have the latest version; which clearly is
> a bit misleading.  Is 4.0.210.0 on a different scale or
> is my ZAP update screwed up?  My ZAP hasn't expired.
>
> Any clarifications appreciated.
>
> Edmund

My guess (and its only a guess) is that since
4.0.146 is still the download offered for ZAP
and there is no mention of the 4.0.210 on site
only you get it when you download ZAF3
that someone prematurely ejected it !
0
Primary
10/29/2003 1:47:00 AM
Primary cried "Banzai!" and then wrote::

> My guess (and its only a guess) is that since
> 4.0.146 is still the download offered for ZAP
> and there is no mention of the 4.0.210 on site
> only you get it when you download ZAF3
> that someone prematurely ejected it !

Well, it looks official on the d/l page.  I
even installed it on a W98 box, but haven't
really bothered trying it out.   Or was
that the beta that I d/led and installed?

Regardless, I think I'll wait for Rebecca
or Marcus to make the announcment.

Edmund

Edmund
10/30/2003 1:26:00 AM
Hi, here you go:

***
Zone Labs will be releasing ZoneAlarm 4.5 in just a few weeks. We've gotten
a lot of very useful feedback from folks about our release of ZoneAlarm 4.0
earlier in the week, and now we're going to just push ahead and jump right
to 4.5. As you know, from now on, we'll just have one installer for
ZoneAlarm and ZoneAlarm Pro. This will allow folks to simply choose which
product they want at install--ZoneAlarm or ZoneAlarm Pro. If they aren't a
ZoneAlarm Pro user, then the ZoneAlarm Pro installation is a free trial of
ZAP that reverts to ZA after the trial. As folks in the communities have
surmised, this lets us focus our development resources on always improving
security and protection, which means a better products on all levels.

Since this ability to switch from ZoneAlarm to ZoneAlarm Pro was pretty much
the only new feature in ZoneAlarm Pro, we decided to put ZoneAlarm 3.7 back
up for download in its place until we release ZoneAlarm 4.5. When we do
release ZoneAlarm 4.5 in a few weeks, we'll have more supporting information
about this and all its other new features at our site.

One final piece of good news: this means that from now on, ZoneAlarm and
ZoneAlarm Pro should always be released simultaneously! Thanks!
***

Marcus
PEACE

Primary cried "Banzai!" and then wrote::

> My guess (and its only a guess) is that since
> 4.0.146 is still the download offered for ZAP
> and there is no mention of the 4.0.210 on site
> only you get it when you download ZAF3
> that someone prematurely ejected it !

Well, it looks official on the d/l page.  I
even installed it on a W98 box, but haven't
really bothered trying it out.   Or was
that the beta that I d/led and installed?

Regardless, I think I'll wait for Rebecca
or Marcus to make the announcment.

Edmund

Marcus
10/30/2003 2:34:00 PM
My friend Marcus, how about this question???
Hi Jim first THX for this progress report for ZA / ZAP...but for 48 hours
ago I got the version
4.0.210.000 and you can directly choose it ZA or ZAP???..is this a trial
version as-well???TIA.

--
Regard: Joh@nnes
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

  Yes, here is some information about it. Take care, Happy Halloween!

Hang onto that file, it may become a collector's item; someday you may be
able to sell it for mega-$$$ on ebay!  :)

Marcus
PEACE

***

"Johannes Niebach" <sniebach@sprint.ca> wrote in message

My friend Marcus, how about this question???
Hi Jim first THX for this progress report for ZA / ZAP...but for 48 hours
ago I got the version
4.0.210.000 and you can directly choose it ZA or ZAP???..is this a trial
version as-well???TIA.

--
Regard: Joh@nnes
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"
0
Marcus
10/31/2003 2:51:00 AM
:-}}} THX my friend, and I wish you a nice weekend aswell!!!Sure.....

--
Regard: Joh@nnes
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"
0
Johannes
10/31/2003 8:00:00 PM
  You too, don't let the Mimail bite!  :)

:-}}} THX my friend, and I wish you a nice weekend aswell!!!Sure.....

--
Regard: Joh@nnes
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"
0
Marcus
10/31/2003 9:22:00 PM
THX 4 this reminder<<<GRIN>>>....BTW, nobody "bite" me, except my wife
;-{{{
--
Regard: Joh@nnes
"If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"
0
Johannes
10/31/2003 10:28:00 PM
Marcus, what about ZAPlus or have I missed some recent post???  Thanks for
any information, Sam.

"Marcus Castro" <nomore@comcast4ever.com> wrote in message
>   You too, don't let the Mimail bite!  :)
>
> Marcus
> PEACE
>

> "Johannes Niebach" <sniebach@sprint.ca> wrote in message
> :-}}} THX my friend, and I wish you a nice weekend aswell!!!Sure.....
>
> --
> Regard: Joh@nnes
> "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle"

0
Sam

  No word yet. I'd assume that it'll all be in there together at some point.

Marcus
PEACE

"Sam" <scams@msn.com> wrote in message news:bo2qn1$jt7$1@news.grc.com...
Marcus, what about ZAPlus or have I missed some recent post???  Thanks for
any information, Sam.
0
Marcus
11/2/2003 11:56:00 PM
Marcus, thanks very much for your reply, Sam.

>   Hi,
>
>   No word yet. I'd assume that it'll all be in there together at some
point.

> Marcus
> PEACE
>
> "Sam" <scams@msn.com> wrote in message news:bo2qn1$jt7$1@news.grc.com...
> Marcus, what about ZAPlus or have I missed some recent post???  Thanks for
> any information, Sam.

0
Sam

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Name: Steven C. Stacy Email: bigmosteve_57atwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Comments: I have been a programmer for 30 years. I just upgraded to the versions on Firefox and Thunderbird listed in the subject line. I think these versions are very buggy. Firefox's password manager doesn't work and even with the link "http://hendrix.mozilla.org" work around link to "force autocomplete=off doesn't do the trick. Thunderbird can get my e-mail but keeps asking for one on the accounts password. When I ca...

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

0.0.0.0
Can someone tell me the function of this scan? FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP "Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message news:9mhion$2hf9$1@news.grc.com... > Can someone tell me the function of this scan? > FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP Ben, I haven't a clue. 800 TCP mdbs_daemon 800 UDP mdbs_daemon http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.6 http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.2 -- ...

Open Client 10.0.0.4
We are switching over to 32 bit environment. With 16 bit I can use Wisql and Sqledit without any problems. With 32 bit I can use Wisql32 ok but I can not ping with Sqledit as the ping option is greyed out. Does anyone have and suggestions? Thanks in advance, Paul HP Authorized Customer wrote: > > We are switching over to 32 bit environment. With 16 bit I can use Wisql > and Sqledit without any problems. With 32 bit I can use Wisql32 ok but I > can not ping with Sqledit as the ping option is greyed out. Does anyone > have and suggestions? There...

Open Client 10.0.0.4
We are switching over to 32 bit environment. With 16 bit I can use Wisql and Sqledit without any problems. With 32 bit I can use Wisql32 ok but I can not ping with Sqledits as the ping option is greyed out. Does anyone have and suggestions? Thanks in advance, Paul ...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process?...

Sending proxy ID type 4 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 --How can I populate these BM3.8
I have narrowed a previous issue to this problem. My IPsec compliant firewall (PIX) expects these to have values (I'm assuming that they should contain the IP and subnets of the BM38 server and the other firewall) populated. The IKE screen on the BM3.8 server reports "Sending proxy ID type 4 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0". The PIX reports "testpix(config)# IPSEC(validate_proposal_request): proposal part #1, (key eng. msg.) dest= 192.168.1.1, src= 192.168.1.2, dest_proxy= 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/0/0 (type=4), src_proxy= 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/0/0 (type=4), protocol= ESP, t...

HMC 4.0: 451 4.4.0
Hello, I started having Edge queue filled with 451 4.4.0 primary target ip address responded with: 421 4.2.1 unable to connect messages. This is for outgoing messages. Some messages are going out, others are in the queue. I was not able to find much searching the net. Can somebody please help? Thank you Alex Did you enable using External DNS?? Although you input it, it may not be enabled to use it. Please check.KK...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 #2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process? Well, since I didn't get a response, I tried the instructions at that site. When running these, REPLACE EVERYTHING, and it upgrades your site just fine. If anyone has questions, ask me.  Mine went smoothly....

Problem during installation of dnn 4.0.0 and 4.0.1
Hi guys, I've been trying to install dotnetnuke 4.0.0 and from today 4.0.1, using a MS SQL 2005 database. I keep getting the following error: 00:00:24.312 -   Error: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'. Any clues why this happens? Here is the Installation Status Report. 00:00:00.093 - Installing Version: 3.1.000:00:00.125 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.SetUp.SqlDataProvider00:00:00.234 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider00:00:05.015 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider00:00:09.562 -&...

Error after upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
Hi, I've just upgraded from 4.0.0, and the upgrade process appeared to run OK. I had added the SiteSqlServer, ValidationKey and DecryptionKey settings to the new web.config file and I can get to the site OK, but... None of the module content displays. Each module says: An error has occurred.Error: <title of module> is currently unavailable. The titles are there, all the pages and menu items are there - just no content (text etc.) insode the modules. Any ideas? Thanks!http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk Solved this ourselves - we had a typo in one of the connection strings in web.conf...

update 2.0.0.4 does not work with my new 2.0.0.0
Name: Robert J Norton Email: bobatnortondotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: update 2.0.0.4 does not work with my new 2.0.0.0 Comments: Each time I have installed update 2.0.0.4 I can't get my email for rjnorton@pacbell.net. The feed back states it can't find the pop server. I've reported this twice to the web master but that amounted to zilch. I've repeated this 2 times and each time I've had to reload 2.0.0.0 to get at my email. I am continually bombarded with .4 up dates which I now refuse to install again. So far, no one has reported a fix to me. ...

63.0.0.0.0/255..0.0.0
Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. "pb" <nothing@nomail.com> wrote in message news:9pa1u4$38b$1@news.grc.com... > Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking > permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. If it shows in your firewall log, can you post a copy of it? -- � -- Robert grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm grc.com forum disclaim...

Upgrade 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
I am attempting to upgrade a site with 50 odd portals to DNN 4.0.2, but after replacing DLL's and the other files and the updgrade appearing to go aok, when I go to the site after upgrade I get: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlCli...

Web resources about - ZAP 4.0.210.0 and 4.0.146.? - grc.security.software

Zap (action) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A zap is a form of political direct action that came into use in the 1970s in the United States. Popularized by the early gay liberation group ...

Claudine Zap (@zapkidd) on Twitter

Bug Zap! (FREE) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Bug Zap! (FREE) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Complete Zap Comix - an album on Flickr
The Complete Zap Comix by R. Crumb, Rick Griffin, Paul Mavrides, Victor Moscoso, Spain Rodriguez, Gilbert Shelton, and S. Clay Wilson www.fantagraphics.com/zap ...

Zap! TV official hands Northampton first title
So, after 132 regular season matches, two semi-finals and 99 minutes of a gloriously tense final, the English Premiership title was decided by ...

Robot Zaps Hospital Superbugs
VANCOUVER - When Trudi the robot is plugged in and armed, it sounds more like a space shuttle launch system than a germ-killing machine."Disinfecting ...

Take Zap! Tech Geeks, Starved for More Battery Power, Give Themselves a Charge.
Any geek can tell you that battery life hasn’t kept up with gadget innovations. But not to worry: Inventors are figuring out how to turn geeks ...

Zip Zap Zooms Into The App Store, Download It For Free
Zip Zap (Free) by Industry Corporation is a survival game set in the far reaches of outer space. Destroy oncoming asteroids by crashing into ...

Price Drop: ZAP First Jump
ZAP First Jump 1.0.0 Device: iOS Universal Category: Games Price: Free, Version: 1.0.0 ( iTunes ) Description: YOU’RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ...

Zap Jonway says it will make 20,000 electric minivans in 2016
Filed under: Green , Asia , China , Electric Zap Conway says it will make 20,000 electric minivans for Dong Feng next year.