Remember Norton's tech support answer ...

.... the absurd response from a couple of days ago by Norton tech support to
a customer by the name of Cindy?  To refresh your memories or in case it
missed it, here is the link to it, (thanks to Don for the shorter link):

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y31431291

Well anyway, I had posted almost the exact same question that Cindy had just
a couple of posts behind it in that newsgroup.  Guess what?  Norton complete
removed my post without ever answering it.  ?!?!?!

Perhaps the subject line I chose, "Disturbing Results", was attracting too
many viewers and I had also included a link to the pcflank test results.
I'm kind of puzzled however why they never deleted Cindy's since she also
included the link.  Perhaps her subject line did not attract as much
attention as mine did.  Some of you responded to her and maybe Norton will
also remove her post once they read your responses <g> .

So for better or for worst I just sent Norton another question to the same
group, here it is:

Norton, why was my post from a couple days ago deleted without an answer
being given?  I used no foul language and even stated that I "loved" your
product.  Two things: could you PLEASE have the common courtesy to email me
why my post was deleted.  Also, if your "award winning" support is not going
to answer my question then where am I suppose to go for help.  Thank you.

Everyone, take care.
0
Acadia
8/22/2002 9:33:00 PM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

38 Replies
589 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

I see the Amit Gupta "Bot" strikes again in that thread. Oh well...

Charlie

"Acadia" <bc_acadiaNIX@THEhotmailJUNK.com> wrote in message
news:ak3lbe$r5t$1@news.grc.com...
> ... the absurd response from a couple of days ago by Norton tech support
to
> a customer by the name of Cindy?  To refresh your memories or in case it
> missed it, here is the link to it, (thanks to Don for the shorter link):
0
Charlie
8/22/2002 9:54:00 PM
"Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message news:ak3mio$sh0$1@news.grc.com...
> I see the Amit Gupta "Bot" strikes again in that thread. Oh well...
>

He/she/it ignored the posts by me, BJ, Mike, and you.
0
Don
8/22/2002 10:45:00 PM
I've had half a dozen request's for Norton tech & customer support
erased in the last couple of years -- and seen complaints of the same by
a few other people.  The 'lost' posts were all about uncorrected
problems with software, tech support, or customer service.  Surprise!

Alan S.
8/22/2002



    

Acadia wrote:
> So for better or for worst I just sent Norton another question to the same
> group, here it is:
> 
> Norton, why was my post from a couple days ago deleted without an answer
> being given?  I used no foul language and even stated that I "loved" your
> product.  Two things: could you PLEASE have the common courtesy to email me
> why my post was deleted.  Also, if your "award winning" support is not going
> to answer my question then where am I suppose to go for help.  Thank you.
0
Alan
8/23/2002 1:25:00 AM
"Alan S." <as173@cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:3D658F1D.82BD6348@cornell.edu...
> I've had half a dozen request's for Norton tech & customer support
> erased in the last couple of years -- and seen complaints of the same by
> a few other people.  The 'lost' posts were all about uncorrected
> problems with software, tech support, or customer service.  Surprise!
>
> Alan S.
> 8/22/2002

I *can't* wait for these guys to get a hold of SecurityFocus and Bugtraq.

<sheeesh!>

Greg


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.384 / Virus Database: 216 - Release Date: 8/21/2002
0
Greg
8/23/2002 3:44:00 AM
In article <ak4b34$1he9$1@news.grc.com>, dodgeboy45@hotmail.com, 
 Greg nibbled our ears by saying...

> 
> I *can't* wait for these guys to get a hold of SecurityFocus and Bugtraq.
> 
> <sheeesh!>

What, is Symantec buying them?

-- 
Michael
- "anyone who is honestly trying to [live a life of belief] will soon 
find his intelligence sharpened."  C.S. Lewis
0
Anonymous
8/23/2002 2:33:00 PM
In article <MPG.17d011da1f2f243b9899ce@news.grc.com>, Anonymous Mike 
says...
>In article <ak4b34$1he9$1@news.grc.com>, dodgeboy45@hotmail.com, 
> Greg nibbled our ears by saying...
>
>> 
>> I *can't* wait for these guys to get a hold of SecurityFocus and Bugtraq.
>> 
>> <sheeesh!>
>
>What, is Symantec buying them?
>
>
It's a done deal.
-- 
Phil
0
Phil
8/23/2002 2:39:00 PM
In article <ak5hff$2igc$2@news.grc.com>, phil587@my_un_realbox.com, 
 Phil Youngblood nibbled our ears by saying...

> >> I *can't* wait for these guys to get a hold of SecurityFocus and Bugtraq.
> >> 
> >> <sheeesh!>
> >
> >What, is Symantec buying them?
> >
> >
> It's a done deal.

Yikes!

-- 
Michael
- "anyone who is honestly trying to [live a life of belief] will soon 
find his intelligence sharpened."  C.S. Lewis
0
Anonymous
8/23/2002 6:53:00 PM
In article <MPG.17d04ec086a179949899d3@news.grc.com>, Anonymous Mike 
says...
>In article <ak5hff$2igc$2@news.grc.com>, phil587@my_un_realbox.com, 
> Phil Youngblood nibbled our ears by saying...
>
>> >> I *can't* wait for these guys to get a hold of SecurityFocus and Bugtraq.
>> >> 
>> >> <sheeesh!>
>> >
>> >What, is Symantec buying them?
>> >
>> >
>> It's a done deal.
>
>Yikes!
>

Precisely!

They claim they will leave it as is. Symantec has never left *anything* as 
is.
-- 
Phil
0
Phil
8/23/2002 7:10:00 PM
"Phil Youngblood" <phil587@my_un_realbox.com> wrote in message
news:ak61a8$1vd$1@news.grc.com...
>
> Precisely!
>
> They claim they will leave it as is. Symantec has never left *anything* as
> is.
> --
> Phil

I can see it now, new Norton Bugtraq--nothing wrong with our stuff..nope..no
sir.

Greg


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.384 / Virus Database: 216 - Release Date: 8/21/2002
0
Greg
8/23/2002 9:30:00 PM
Greg <dodgeboy45@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Phil Youngblood" <phil587@my_un_realbox.com> wrote in message
> news:ak61a8$1vd$1@news.grc.com...
>>
>> Precisely!
>>
>> They claim they will leave it as is. Symantec has never left *anything*
>> as is.
>> --
>> Phil
>
> I can see it now, new Norton Bugtraq--nothing wrong with our
> stuff..nope..no sir.

Greg,

You didn't have to go there, you know.

Yuch.

--�
Robert
List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/
Eric Howe's Privacy and Security Site -
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm
0
Robert
8/23/2002 9:31:00 PM
"Phil Youngblood" <phil587@my_un_realbox.com> wrote in message news:ak61a8$1vd$1@news.grc.com...
> >> >What, is Symantec buying them?
> >> >
> >> >
> >> It's a done deal.
> >
> >Yikes!
> >
>
> Precisely!

Blue Boar is gone as a moderator, and I don't remember some of the others.............
0
Mike
8/23/2002 9:34:00 PM
In article <ak69lq$c0k$1@news.grc.com>, Mike Shutters says...
>"Phil Youngblood" <phil587@my_un_realbox.com> wrote in message news:ak61a8$1vd$1@news.grc.com...
>> >> >What, is Symantec buying them?
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> It's a done deal.
>> >
>> >Yikes!
>> >
>>
>> Precisely!
>
>Blue Boar is gone as a moderator, and I don't remember some of the others.............
>

Want to know where they are?

http://bugdev.avet.com.pl/header.php

-- 
Phil
0
Phil
8/23/2002 9:55:00 PM
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:33:34 -0400, "Acadia" <bc_acadiaNIX@THEhotmailJUNK.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

>Norton, why was my post from a couple days ago deleted without an answer
>being given?  I used no foul language and even stated that I "loved" your
>product.  Two things: could you PLEASE have the common courtesy to email me
>why my post was deleted.  Also, if your "award winning" support is not going
>to answer my question then where am I suppose to go for help.  Thank you.
>
>Everyone, take care.
>

I hope you aren't holding your breath, waiting for a reply. How can a company
who makes pretty good utilities for Windows treat it's customers like dirt?
Wonder if they read these groups....

DR
0
DesertRat
8/23/2002 11:08:00 PM
"Robert Wycoff" <Don't.use.Lockdown@any.price> wrote in message
news:ak69kg$bvt$1@news.grc.com...
> Greg <dodgeboy45@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > "Phil Youngblood" <phil587@my_un_realbox.com> wrote in message
> > news:ak61a8$1vd$1@news.grc.com...
> >>
> >> Precisely!
> >>
> >> They claim they will leave it as is. Symantec has never left *anything*
> >> as is.
> >> --
> >> Phil
> >
> > I can see it now, new Norton Bugtraq--nothing wrong with our
> > stuff..nope..no sir.
>
> Greg,
>
> You didn't have to go there, you know.
>
> Yuch.
>
> --�
> Robert

Sorry I am having nightmares about this, I didn't want to be the only one.
<g>

(I got even worse thoughts when I wondered if it had been McAfee that bought
it.)

Greg


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.384 / Virus Database: 216 - Release Date: 8/21/2002
0
Greg
8/24/2002 12:01:00 AM
DesertRat@self-serv.net wrote:

> I hope you aren't holding your breath, waiting for a reply. How can a
> company who makes pretty good utilities for Windows treat it's customers
> like dirt? Wonder if they read these groups....

One of them used to.  He dropped out, for some reason.

-- 
Robert
List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/
Eric Howe's Privacy and Security Site -
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm
0
Robert
8/24/2002 12:35:00 AM
I've been browsing around symantec.customerservice.general
and there is a poster there who has insinuated that he is
somehow related to Symantec. His posted addresss is:

Joe <unmonitored@hotmail.com>

Why don't you try posting some of your questions to Symantec
there and see what happens? Maybe you'll get a rise out of
him...

DR
0
DesertRat
8/24/2002 1:35:00 AM
Nah, I'm not holding my breath, in fact, I'll be very surprised if they
don't delete my second post also.  I'm just having some fun.


> I hope you aren't holding your breath, waiting for a reply. >
> DR
0
Acadia
8/24/2002 2:34:00 AM
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:01:02 -0400, "Greg" <dodgeboy45@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>(I got even worse thoughts when I wondered if it had been McAfee that bought
>it.)
>
Greg

Please be aware that the are young children in the audience.  Don't
want to scare them now.

Geek..shutter, shutter, shutter
0
handyman
8/24/2002 5:35:00 AM
"Greg" <dodgeboy45@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ak6ibu$kg9$1@news.grc.com...
>
<snip>
>
> (I got even worse thoughts when I wondered if it had been McAfee that bought
> it.)

Having just beta-tested McAfee Personal Firewall (with extensive e-mails back-and-forth with the
beta team), I know what you mean.
0
Don
8/24/2002 3:25:00 PM
"Don" <th@llbetheday.net> wrote in message
news:ak88hf$3103$1@news.grc.com...
> "Greg" <dodgeboy45@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ak6ibu$kg9$1@news.grc.com...
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > (I got even worse thoughts when I wondered if it had been McAfee that
bought
> > it.)
>
> Having just beta-tested McAfee Personal Firewall (with extensive e-mails
back-and-forth with the
> beta team), I know what you mean.
>
>
>

Sorry guys <g> Maybe it would make a good horror novel.

Greg


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.384 / Virus Database: 216 - Release Date: 8/21/2002
0
Greg
8/24/2002 4:49:00 PM
"Don" <th@llbetheday.net> wrote in message news:ak3sj5$12ml$1@news.grc.com...
>
> "Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message news:ak3mio$sh0$1@news.grc.com...
> > I see the Amit Gupta "Bot" strikes again in that thread. Oh well...
> >
>
> He/she/it ignored the posts by me, BJ, Mike, and you.

Now mine's been deleted:

The message you requested could not be found. In order to make room for new messages, messages older
than 2 weeks are deleted. Search the discussion group for a related message. Try searching on your
last name, or the problem you are experiencing.

I think I'll try a search on "Symantec deletes questions they don't like".  Maybe my message has
aged two weeks in the last three days.
0
Don
8/24/2002 5:18:00 PM
Nah, that's just the way they do things, the rest of the messages for that
thread are still there.  What the heck did you say to them, I don't
remember?  Give em some time and they may still delete some of the others.
I'm surprized that they haven't deleted the original message from Cindy with
the pcflank link, they delete my original post that had it.  Take care.
0
Acadia
8/24/2002 6:14:00 PM
What really sucks is when i bought neowatch firewall and later when i wanted
to reinstall it i found out that mcafee had bought neowatch and changed it
..i was more than upset and to make matters worse they promised me upgrades
to version 3.0 and when i went to their support site and tried to imput my
password it said i was not a registered user. I paid for neowatch and i
think i deserve a download of their firewall free of charge . If it is not
broke don't fix it is my motto.
0
Jamie
8/24/2002 6:50:00 PM
"Acadia" <bc_acadiaNIX@THEhotmailJUNK.com> wrote in message news:ak8ie6$dhh$1@news.grc.com...
> Nah, that's just the way they do things, the rest of the messages for that
> thread are still there.  What the heck did you say to them, I don't
> remember?  Give em some time and they may still delete some of the others.
> I'm surprized that they haven't deleted the original message from Cindy with
> the pcflank link, they delete my original post that had it.  Take care.
>

I think I quoted it earlier in the thread (I'm only keeping two days at the moment).

I just asked why Amit hadn't bother to read anything other than the word "stealth", or follow the
link before coming out with a half-baked response.  I then suggested that maybe it was done five
minutes before the end of the shift.

I have reposted the question to see what happens:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?I26525A91
0
Don
8/24/2002 7:39:00 PM
"Don" <th@llbetheday.net> wrote in message news:ak8nct$lq0$1@news.grc.com...
>
> I have reposted the question to see what happens:
>     http://makeashorterlink.com/?I26525A91

Forget that - I've just tried the link, and it's gone already - that's within 70 minutes!  They're
certainly fast at fixing some things.

Has anyone tried asking Norman or Deerfield the same question about their efforts?
0
Don
8/24/2002 7:43:00 PM
"Don" <th@llbetheday.net> wrote in message news:ak8nct$lq0$1@news.grc.com..
>
> I think I quoted it earlier in the thread (I'm only keeping two days at
the moment).
>
> I just asked why Amit hadn't bother to read anything other than the word
"stealth", or follow the
> link before coming out with a half-baked response.  I then suggested that
maybe it was done five
> minutes before the end of the shift.
>
> I have reposted the question to see what happens:
>     http://makeashorterlink.com/?I26525A91
>
>
>

It points to a "message not found" page

Greg


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.384 / Virus Database: 216 - Release Date: 8/21/2002
0
Greg
8/24/2002 8:32:00 PM
Don, it's there.  The link for some reason does not work but if you go into
the newsgroup right now yours is the very first post.  This will be
interesting.
0
Acadia
8/24/2002 9:41:00 PM
"Acadia" <bc_acadiaNIX@THEhotmailJUNK.com> wrote in message news:ak8ui7$tug$1@news.grc.com...
> Don, it's there.  The link for some reason does not work but if you go into
> the newsgroup right now yours is the very first post.  This will be
> interesting.

Ah!  So it is - I've just checked, and for some reason Outlook Express had dropped the closing ">"
from the link in my confirmation e-mail - this is the modified version
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E2B832A91
0
Don
8/24/2002 11:11:00 PM
In article <ak8nkp$m76$1@news.grc.com>, th@llbetheday.net says... 
> Forget that - I've just tried the link, and it's gone already - that's within 70 minutes!  They're
> certainly fast at fixing some things.
> 
> Has anyone tried asking Norman or Deerfield the same question about their efforts?
> 

Don't know if Norman has been asked, but I intend to now.  I purchased 
the firewall at a discount when renewing my antivirus licence.  I really 
liked the additional blocking features but couldn't get it to stealth.  I 
just assumed it was my lack of knowledge and went back to ZA. 

I'll send them an email and the link to pcflank

Melony
0
Melony
8/25/2002 1:22:00 AM
"Phil Youngblood" <phil587@my_un_realbox.com> wrote:
> They claim they will leave it as is. Symantec has never left 
> *anything* as is.
live in f33r - coming soon is new, improved Norton BugTraq Pro!

features:
1. requires 40mb download before you can see it
2. requires yearly subscription to use
3. Aleph-1 replaced by Amit Gupta 

:)
0
David
8/25/2002 4:41:00 PM
Greg wrote: It points to a "message not found" page

This is the origonal thread started by Cindy on 8-15-02

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F25912B91

Don this message of yours is still up. You made it on 8-24-02

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S3B923B91

George
0
George
8/25/2002 5:03:00 PM
"George V." <sobergeorge@soberaol.com> wrote in message news:3D690DE6.3C908A5C@soberaol.com...
> Greg wrote: It points to a "message not found" page
>
> This is the origonal thread started by Cindy on 8-15-02
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?F25912B91
>
> Don this message of yours is still up. You made it on 8-24-02
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?S3B923B91
>

Yes George, I now know that my reposted question is still up, but my comments in Cindy's thread WERE
removed.  This is a copy of a message I posted about 20 hours ago:

======================================================================================
"Acadia" <bc_acadiaNIX@THEhotmailJUNK.com> wrote in message news:ak8ui7$tug$1@news.grc.com...
> Don, it's there.  The link for some reason does not work but if you go into
> the newsgroup right now yours is the very first post.  This will be
> interesting.

Ah!  So it is - I've just checked, and for some reason Outlook Express had dropped the closing ">"
from the link in my confirmation e-mail - this is the modified version
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E2B832A91
======================================================================================
0
Don
8/25/2002 9:20:00 PM
  Hi Robert,

  If you mean Brendon, I think he told me a while back that he was
just too busy to keep up with the NGs. Kind of like how I feel many
evenings, after work...... :-)

Marcus
PEACE

"Robert Wycoff" <Don't.use.Lockdown@any.price> wrote in message
news:ak6kd3$mfa$1@news.grc.com...
DesertRat@self-serv.net wrote:

> I hope you aren't holding your breath, waiting for a reply. How can
a
> company who makes pretty good utilities for Windows treat it's
customers
> like dirt? Wonder if they read these groups....

One of them used to.  He dropped out, for some reason.

--
Robert
List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/
Eric Howe's Privacy and Security Site -
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm
0
Marcus
8/26/2002 4:07:00 AM
On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:07:46 -0700, "Marcus Castro"
<marcuscastro@removemeattbi.com> wrote:

>  Hi Robert,
>
>  If you mean Brendon, I think he told me a while back that he was
>just too busy to keep up with the NGs. Kind of like how I feel many
>evenings, after work...... :-)
>
>Marcus
>PEACE
>
What??
Good grief Marcus!!!
 
You mean ZL haven't rewarded your efforts with that executive share
option deal yet?<BEG>

Cheers Paddy
0
paddybythesea
8/26/2002 5:24:00 AM
Marcus Castro <marcuscastro@removemeattbi.com> wrote:
>   Hi Robert,
>
>   If you mean Brendon, I think he told me a while back that he was
> just too busy to keep up with the NGs. Kind of like how I feel many
> evenings, after work...... :-)

Yep.

Yep.

-- 
Robert
List of Lists - http://lists.gpick.com/
Eric Howe's Privacy and Security Site -
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm
0
Robert
8/26/2002 12:24:00 PM
"David Howe" <David.Howe@sharp-uk.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
news:akdtqg$2iau$2@news.grc.com...
> live in f33r - coming soon is new, improved Norton BugTraq Pro!
>
> features:
> 1. requires 40mb download before you can see it
> 2. requires yearly subscription to use
> 3. Aleph-1 replaced by Amit Gupta
>
> :)
>

That even scared me! <g>

Greg


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.384 / Virus Database: 216 - Release Date: 8/21/2002
0
Greg
8/26/2002 9:03:00 PM
  Hi Paddy,

  Not yet, but I've still got my fingers crossed.....  except when
playing Diablo 2 of course, then it would get me killed in 2 seconds!
:-)

Marcus
PEACE

<paddybythesea@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:3d69babf.9623814@news.grc.com...

What??
Good grief Marcus!!!

You mean ZL haven't rewarded your efforts with that executive share
option deal yet?<BEG>

Cheers Paddy
0
Marcus
8/26/2002 9:46:00 PM
Now they've deleted another one of the original posts from Cindy's thread
but I don't know whose got nixed.
0
Acadia
8/27/2002 1:24:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Hacker's 'Toolkit' Shows Security Flaws Not Just in Software
A "toolkit" that bundles malicious-code exploits for 10 separate Cisco Systems security flaws is now available on the Internet. Take this as a wake-up call -- and a reminder that effective security goes well beyond software. http://www3.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?doc_cd=120386 -- Donna, Track or post software updates at http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?act=calendar ...

Valve's Steam Software (posted in security.software also)
Several issues have been brought up recently regarding the security of Valve's (makers of Half-Life and Half-Life2) content delivery system named Steam. I have had some issues as well as numerous posts on their forums regarding the safety of this program. The first place I decided to come was here to see if I could find any info regarding this. Since I have not been able to find anything, I decided to post and see what anyone else has to say regarding this piece of software. The link to their site is www.steampowered.com and www.steampowered.com/forums . If anyone could, pl...

Securing Windows: Inside Microsoft's Battle to Deliver Secure Software
Securing Windows: Inside Microsoft's Battle to Deliver Secure Software http://www.eweek.com/category2/0,4148,1252525,00.asp (A record of virus/worms/holes since August 2003 and how Microsoft has battled them) -- Kayode Okeyode http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm ...

Security Now in Tech Republic's 10 best tech podcasts
TWIT is in there too. http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=597 Here is the text: "Steve Gibson - a legend in IT security and host of grc.com - teams up with former TechTV host Leo Laporte for this weekly podcast that includes security updates, security tips and best practices, and a spotlight on various security technologies. Steve does a regular question-and-answer session based on submissions from listeners." A legend in his own time! That's why I went to Gnomedex 1 - to see the legend. (Smiley face excluded to reduce message size!) "Uncl...

Electronic security was a 'secondary' issue, says M$'s security honco???
http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=1524&mode=thread&order=0 -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" "Johannes Niebach" <niebach@sprint.ca> wrote in message news:9lgmae$56c$1@news.grc.com... > http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=1524&mode=thread&order=0 > This is exactly what the problem is. "We built really great things that give you the ability to do really great things and often at times it's almost secondary at the back what som...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

PayPal 's security 'flawed'
A security flaw in the online payment service PayPal means sensitive information is at risk and customers could lose control of their accounts, according to an Auckland software developer. http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/2480292/PayPals-security-flawed?cid=nl_DR_DAILY_T -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

FW: question -- beginner's programmer's block (your answer)
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1946D.59A869C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" I hope this serves as an answer . . . The original file is of this form: ***************************** foo ******************* thingA: 12 thingB: 23 thingC: 21 ==================== trial 1 ============ colA colB colC colD 1 23 28 273 227 2 237 2327 11 1 3 0 10 22 0 4 2 3 38 2 ...etc ====================trial 2 ======= etc. this was the solution posed . . . -----Original Message----- From: Hanson, Robert [mailto:RHanson@APTEGRITY.com] Sent: Monday, Dec...

Help! I cannot access the DataGrid's ItemTemplate's LinkButton's Text Atrribute 's Value!!!!!!!!!!!
I write a datagrid's ItemDataBound method as follows:   private void dgTable_ItemDataBound(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs e)  {   if(e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.AlternatingItem)   {    if(!isRole("Manager"))    {     LinkButton tmp = (LinkButton)e.Item.FindControl("lbPassed");     if(tmp.Text == "Passed")     {      ((LinkBu...

Answer from Norton tech support made me laugh
This answer to a tech support question, from another customer, not me, about Norton Internet Security made me laugh outloud. Sorry, but I'm sure this long link will probably split up: http://servicenews.symantec.com/cgi-bin/displayArticle.cgi?article=45216&gro up=symantec.support.win9x.nis2001.general&mini_version=nis2001&next=20&produ ct=nis& "Acadia" <bc_acadiaNIX@THEhotmailJUNK.com> wrote in message news:ajupsn$1ufm$1@news.grc.com... > This answer to a tech support question, from another customer, not me, about > Norton Internet ...

Hyperlink's, ImageURL's, and OnError's
I created an ASP:Hyperlink and set the ImageURL attribute so the link will be the image.If the image is missing, I would like it to display a 'missing image' pic that I have.  I know you can use the OnError attribute of the <img> tag to run some javascript to change it.Unfortunately I can't find a way to access the Hyperlink's Image that is inside it, so I can add an Attribute so the resulting <img> tag will have an OnError attribute inside of it.Any help?If my Hyperlink is called 'foo'....would I do...  ((Image) foo.Controls[0]).Attributes.Add(&...

'Remember each folder's settings' not working
Under XP SP1, if I set a folder to 'tiles' view, while all the rest have been set to show 'detailed' view, then when i go back to that folder, it again shows up in detailed view. IOTW I can't have a different view setting for each folder, even though 'remember each folders view setting' is turned on in Folder Options What do I do? -- Useless Invention: Avalanche prevention goggles. "Rex" <cyberex66NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in news:cbm34h$b22$1@news.grc.com: > Under XP SP1, if I set a folder to 'tiles' view, while all the &g...

FBI's computer security 'pathetic'.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1912000/1912107.s tm commission investigating one of the biggest spying scandals in American history has concluded that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has "serious security deficiencies". Robert Hanssen, a former FBI agent who confessed last year to selling secrets to Russia, described the intelligence agency's computer security as "pathetic", a report from the commission said. .......................... Tilly climbaboard@hotmail.com ...

Web resources about - Remember Norton's tech support answer ... - grc.security.software

Resources last updated: 12/19/2015 7:06:55 AM