Panda Software Releases Early Version of Its New TruPREVENT Technology in an Effort to Aid Computer Users Against New Types of Computer Threats

Panda Software has been busy designing its new solutions for 2005 that will
protect computer users against the new types of computer threats that seem
to spread almost instantly.  Panda Software answers these threats with its
TruPREVENT technologies which will be
a key feature for all Panda solutions in the coming year. Panda's new
technology will help detect and stop threats even without virus signatures
so that new and unknown threats can be stopped before causing damage to the
user.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-29-2004/0002221490&EDATE=

--
Don

Track or post software updates in http://cou.dozleng.com
0
Don
7/30/2004 1:51:00 PM
grc.security.software 15003 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Geee.. thank you so much for the information Mr. Panda Software.
Is this post designed to get you a larger paycheck from your employer, Panda
Software Inc. or what?

TruPrevent should NOT be a separate offering but should be INCLUDED free or
almost free with every flavor of Panda AV software one buys and NOT sold as
a separate YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION offering.
Probably the next thing to hit the "GOUGE AND YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION" market
will probably be the sale of individual virus protection packages,  like
Sony and Apple sell songs at $1.00 a piece, Panda can sell protection from
each individual virus  at $1.00 per virus or 12 for $10.00.
Spybot, Adaware and SpywareBlaster do for FREE what TruPrevent does for
$$$$$$$$$$

"Don" <dbuenaventura@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Panda Software has been busy designing its new solutions for 2005 that
will
> protect computer users against the new types of computer threats that seem
> to spread almost instantly.  Panda Software answers these threats with its
> TruPREVENT technologies which will be
> a key feature for all Panda solutions in the coming year. Panda's new
> technology will help detect and stop threats even without virus signatures
> so that new and unknown threats can be stopped before causing damage to
the
> user.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-29-2004/0002221490&EDATE=

> --
> Don
>
> Track or post software updates in http://cou.dozleng.com

0
San
8/9/2004 4:02:00 AM
San Pedro Kid wrote:
> Geee.. thank you so much for the information Mr. Panda Software.
> Is this post designed to get you a larger paycheck from your employer, Panda
> Software Inc. or what?

Don is a respected, long timer poster here who informs us of interesting
news items related to computer security. Please don't jump to such hasty
assessments.

--
Le Flake
from deepest, darkest Qu�bec

You sure he doesn't work for Panda as a press agent?

"Le Flake" <le_flake@xyzzy.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> San Pedro Kid wrote:
> > Geee.. thank you so much for the information Mr. Panda Software.
> > Is this post designed to get you a larger paycheck from your employer,
Panda
> > Software Inc. or what?
>
> Don is a respected, long timer poster here who informs us of interesting
> news items related to computer security. Please don't jump to such hasty
> assessments.
>

> --
> Le Flake
> from deepest, darkest Qu�bec

0
San
8/10/2004 12:51:00 AM
In message <cf966n$qaf$1@news.grc.com>, San Pedro Kid
<ugotta@bekidding.com> writes
>"Le Flake" <le_flake@xyzzy.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> San Pedro Kid wrote:
>> > Geee.. thank you so much for the information Mr. Panda Software. Is
>> >this post designed to get you a larger paycheck from your employer,
>> >Panda  Software Inc. or what?
>>
>> Don is a respected, long timer poster here who informs us of interesting
>> news items related to computer security. Please don't jump to such hasty
>> assessments.

>Sorry but it sounded toooooo much like a paid advertisement or a press
>release.
>
>You sure he doesn't work for Panda as a press agent?

Nope, but Don also posts things related to dozens of other companies
too. Usually copied from a news release, web page or news article, so
they are often very much like a press release. But they're varied and
relevant.

--
GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets:
http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm

> Sorry but it sounded toooooo much like a paid advertisement or a press
> release.
>
> You sure he doesn't work for Panda as a press agent?

Spend a few minutes checking through the groups here, and you will find
that Donna ("Don") posts news clips and items of topical interest
regularly, as do others. On occasion, the clips are indeed press
releases, but IMHO, that does not necessarily negate the value of the
notification to the group, as many new products or updates are first
announce via such releases.

--
Don (not Donna)

GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets
http://news.grc.com/news.exe?cmd=article&group=grc.techtalk&item=102758
0
Don
8/10/2004 1:21:00 AM
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:51:30 -0700, "San Pedro Kid"
<ugotta@bekidding.com> wrote:

>Sorry but it sounded toooooo much like a paid advertisement or a press
>release.
>
>You sure he doesn't work for Panda as a press agent?

GRRRRRRR..........

Just my 2�
0
El
8/10/2004 2:07:00 AM
San Pedro Kid wrote:
> Geee.. thank you so much for the information Mr. Panda Software.
> Is this post designed to get you a larger paycheck from your employer, Panda
> Software Inc. or what?
>
> TruPrevent should NOT be a separate offering but should be INCLUDED free or
> almost free with every flavor of Panda AV software one buys and NOT sold as
> a separate YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION offering.
> Probably the next thing to hit the "GOUGE AND YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION" market
> will probably be the sale of individual virus protection packages,  like
> Sony and Apple sell songs at $1.00 a piece, Panda can sell protection from
> each individual virus  at $1.00 per virus or 12 for $10.00.
> Spybot, Adaware and SpywareBlaster do for FREE what TruPrevent does for
> $$$$$$$$$$

    You must be new here. People who are new to a news group should
not make snitty comments about people they find there when they don't
know who it is they are talking about.
0
WindsorFox
8/12/2004 5:16:00 AM
El Gato Grande wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:51:30 -0700, "San Pedro Kid"
> <ugotta@bekidding.com> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>>Sorry but it sounded toooooo much like a paid advertisement or a press
>>release.
>>
>>You sure he doesn't work for Panda as a press agent?
>=20
>=20
> GRRRRRRR..........
>=20
> Just my 2=A2

Are you sure you don't work for or own stock in Kelloggs? You sound=20
like an advertisment for Frosted Flakes. Not Frosted LeFlakes...
0
WindsorFox
8/12/2004 5:20:00 AM
WindsorFox wrote:
> El Gato Grande wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:51:30 -0700, "San Pedro Kid"
>> <ugotta@bekidding.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry but it sounded toooooo much like a paid advertisement or a press
>>> release.
>>>
>>> You sure he doesn't work for Panda as a press agent?
>>

>> GRRRRRRR..........
>>
>> Just my 2�
>

> Are you sure you don't work for or own stock in Kelloggs? You sound like
> an advertisment for Frosted Flakes. Not Frosted LeFlakes...

Ahem... you didn't read the small print in my sig about taking my handle
in vain... it says, (in a font size of (8+i))...

"...1.3.1 Prohibited Uses
You agree to use the "handle" only for approved purposes.
This means that you agree not to use it for transmitting or
receiving any communication or material of any kind when in Le Flake's
sole judgment the transmission, receipt or possession of such
communication or material (i) would constitute a criminal offence,
give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable
local, provincial, national or international law or (ii) encourages
conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to a
civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, provincial,
national or international law or (iii) just to get a cheap laugh in a
news group posting.

--
Le Flake
from deepest, darkest Qu�bec

SOwens Technologies announces new line of Security software for DotNetNuke Portal Software
Imagine encrypting specific fields in your database, based on requirements and the needs of your customer or organization. Now do it with a few lines of code and your using InCryptorIT software by SOwens Technologies. Read about our first product in our new line of software at SOwens Technologies.Steven OwensSOwens Technologies...we make the net move Shouln't this be posted in another forum?Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

Need Help in Selecting Security Software for New Computer
I have two neighbors getting ready to purchase new computers (Dell Dimension 8250 with windows XP Pro) and I have convinced them to also purchase and install ZA Plus, NAV 2003, Adaware, and Boclean. One of the neighbors has a teen age son and his surfing activities has picked up some dialers, etc., in the past few months on the existing computer. So in addition to the four security programs mentioned above, I am trying to evaluate and determine which additional program to recommend; Spybot Search and Destroy or PestPatrol. I would very much appreciate any comments, suggestions, an...

Downloaded new software to the wrong computer
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Downloaded new software to the wrong computer Comments: I received an e-mail telling me my license was going to be up soon. I signed on for another two years. I wasa reading it at my desktop computer and I did not realize you were talking about my lap top instead. I believe the renewal dates are close, so I did not check to see which one you were referring to. What do I need to do to make this right? Your help will be greatly appreciated, Thank You - Dennis Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Ge...

NEW NEW NEW
hi I have a huge form to build on an asp.net page with multiple fields  that come from and also connect to (postback=true) 10 different tables{database is access for now } .which controls would be helpful please suggest. Also how about usign infopath to build forms and hosting it on iis is it feasible..please advice. Thanks in advance Environment: Visual studio 2005 ,iis webserver,ms access,Thanks to all the PROS who are helping other developers.. Hi, For ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting purpose I am currently using GoDaddy.com. And satisfied with the service.RegardsKuldeep Deokule&nbs...

a new version, new modules new skinobjects new colorpalettes new links
Hi Well dnn3 is on the horizon lots of people are working on some cool new stuff to add, so am I. A new free menu stem pure css based combined with a skinpackage also pure css based very fast loading and pretty much xbrowser. No need to buy sidemenus vetical menus etc all this can be handled in css alone. Im also working on some new modules and a javascript helper ( as some of you kow I love my Javascript :). But each new portal starts with a new designs and i found some more interesting color links. Colourlover User submitted colors and color schemes. this is my favourite some ver...

Mediachase Launches New Dev Team Collaboration Software and New Version of .NET Calendar
Mediachase, the creators of .NET Calendar, and .NET File Uploader, today launched both a new version of the .NET calendar control which allows developers to build powerful calendar oriented collaborative applications, and also launched a new version of their Instant Business Network software that enables development teams to more effectively communicate, collaborate, & coordinate development efforts from the beginning to the end of your projects. Integrated Features & Capabilities Include: Secure Instant Messaging, File Exchange, & Conferencing Complete Web Portal with ...

Toward computers that fit on a pen tip: New technologies usher in the millimeter-scale computing era
http://ns.umich.edu/htdocs/releases/story.php?id=8278 ...

Technology industry works to stem new rules for computer security
America's largest technology companies are working to persuade the Department of Homeland Security against consideration of costly new computer-security rules, arguing that companies already are taking aggressive steps to defend against hackers. http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/031203/na_tec_us_computer_security_7.html ...

What do security guards and computer security software have in common???
http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=920&mode=thread&order=0 -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" ...

New Microsoft Security Toolkit to Take Aim at Shared-Computer Users
Microsoft is privately beta testing a collection of tools designed to lock down Windows XP Service Pack 2 PCs that are shared among multiple users. Microsoft is readying a new security tool to add to its arsenal. The newest member of Microsoft's growing security-focused product family is the "Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit for Windows XP," according to beta testers who requested anonymity. http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1816799,00.asp -- Regard: Joh@nnes � :-)) "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Moving From Old Computer to New Computer
Name: Joel Email: Joelatvisuallearnersalphabetdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Moving From Old Computer to New Computer Comments: Why is this so difficult? I've done a bunch of Google searches and called Host My Site who host's my site and no one knows how to move my email from my old computer to my new computer. Very frustrating. I'm not very technical so I need step by step instructions and I can't seem to find any. Please advise. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL...

New to SuSE, where do you find new software?
I'm moving from Ubuntu and after trying Fedora and finding it lacking, decided to try SuSE. So far, I like it. I installed Gnome 3 and it works fine. I've also followed the instructions to add the missing Yast menu item back so I have access to the Yast control panel. My question is, other than Yast and 'software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 11.4' (http://software.opensuse.org), where should I be looking for software? Especially stuff that might be "restricted" like codecs, etc. Am I missing any options or repositories? And what is Packman and shou...

Perpetuum Software LLC has released a new version 2.03 of Report Sharp-Shooter.
The following features of Report Sharp-Shooter 2.03 are available: Updated expression language. Improved export to the most widespread formats. Export to multi-page TIFF is available. Due to improved RTF filter cells size more accurately corresponds to the input data. Updated PDF filter provides more correct export of the advanced text. While exporting in HTML it is possible to output tables with the fixed columns width. Output of the formatted values to Excel is improved. Report Viewer for ASP.NET WebForms. The work with query string became easier. It is possible to use multip...

moving bookmarks from one computer to a new computer.
How do I move my current bookmarks to a new computer. I read it once before in the Mozilla site, but I can't find it now. Thanks for any help....... --- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com taz043 wrote: > How do I move my current bookmarks to a new computer. I read it once > before in the Mozilla site, but I can't find it now. Thanks for any > help....... > > --- > This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus > protection is active. > http:/...

Web resources about - Panda Software Releases Early Version of Its New TruPREVENT Technology in an Effort to Aid Computer Users Against New Types of Computer Threats - grc.security.software

Claria Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Claria Corporation (formerly Gator Corporation ) was a software company based in Redwood City, California with products many considered spyware ...

• Oops!… We Did It Again! :)
One year ago we decided to ‘shake’ the market a bit, and we released Panda Cloud AV, the first antivirus based on the cloud, and for free All ...

TruPrevent stops Conficker.A worm proactively
As I'm sure you've heard already, there's a new worm called Conficker.A out there exploiting the latest critical Windows MS08-067 vulnerability ...

Windows XP tips, Vista news, Windows Support, and technology news
... Firewall , or a FREE 30 day trial of Panda Internet Security , which contains Panda Antivirus, Panda AntiSyware, Panda Firewall, Panda TruPrevent, ...

Best buy visio 2003, buy visio 2003 canada, buy visio 2003 uk
It also has that Aero desktop experience that looks and cutting edge technology with years of repairing my finances in real time. The time to ...

Vulns - Panda Research Blog
We're seeing quite a large number of Conficker worm infections since the start of the New Year and specially since the Conficker.C variant appeared ...

Warning: Conficker worm infections gaining traction
We're seeing quite a large number of Conficker worm infections since the start of the New Year and specially since the Conficker.C variant appeared ...

How TruPrevent Works (II)
This is the second part of the "How TruPrevent Works" article series. Apologies in advance if it seems a bit like shameless self promotion.Code-named ...

Uncategorized - Panda Research Blog
Among the creators of malware , fame and recognition is being replaced by economic motivations ; they create malware to make money, the result ...

How TruPrevent Works (I)
I recently came across an interesting document by Gartner's analyst Neil MacDonald, called Host-Based Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS) Update: ...